• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Limos, Planes, AND Puke~ OH MY! Allison's Wish Trip Report*3/27 COMPLETED *

Great start! I am looking forward to following your trip updates!

My daughter was diagnosed with Crohn's when she was 2 during a colonoscopy, after symptoms from 2 months and many, many tests. She will soon be 15, and is doing fabulously! *knock wood* It was rough going until about 5. Life is good!

Ok the breakfast pics of the kids is hysterical!! :lmao: I love their faces! Was it too early in the morning for them?
YES! Allison was a bear that day to get up out of bed. We just found out that her cortisol levels were too low and it was make her EXTREMELY tired...but we had no time for that!:lmao: Jonathon wasn't ready for the picture and he was pouting...:confused3

Great start! I am looking forward to following your trip updates!

My daughter was diagnosed with Crohn's when she was 2 during a colonoscopy, after symptoms from 2 months and many, many tests. She will soon be 15, and is doing fabulously! *knock wood* It was rough going until about 5. Life is good!
So glad your daughter is doing better. It certainly gives a mom hope when she reads that!:goodvibes Do you mind telling me, what if any treatments have worked?

Welcome to our trip!

Mmmmm popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:: those photos make me hungry.... !;)
I know.. I was thinking the same thing!! Wait till Tuesdays Breakfast!!

Love the little one pouting in those character pictures!
I think I forgot to mention it was only in the 30's that day when we got up and moving... He was NOT happy about that and was quite moody the rest of the day. :sad2: You will see it again in more pictures!

Day 2 Part 2

:cool2::drive:So off we go to Universal's Islands of Adventure!! The Wizarding World of Harry Potter!

Since I forgot to mention in my previous post, it was VERY COLD! We woke up to temps in the 30's and the high only mid to high 40's. Some of the coldest weather to hit Florida in a long time. Thank goodness I checked ahead and packed for warmer weather. We were all bundled and ready to go. Kids in the van.... Allison almost instantly falls asleep.

So after 20 minutes or so of driving, this is what we see.....

121.jpg

YAY! Everyone is starting to wake up more and the excitement is palpable in the air!:rotfl2: Then we see....

122.jpg

We made it!! We pull up to the window, and all I have to do is show them our GKTW button and the gentleman says "Have a GREAT visit" And off we go to the Parking Garage. Things are going great...we aren't there at opening but that's ok. It's only 10 (they opened at 9) Get parked, the stroller out, the diaper bag and snacks get situated.... The kids are getting out, DH is putting Christopher in the stroller, he isn't having it so I decide to just "wear him". We get him all adjusted and ready to go. I get the camera out of the van AND DROP IT!!!!:faint::sad::mad::guilty: Yes, I dropped the digital camera as we are about to go into Harry Potter world for Allison's WISH!! UGH No worries, DH will fix it! He can fix everything!:love: Yeah, not so much. It was broke! Good thing I had my cell phone and Alli had her little camera.:idea:

Not time to sulk, time to get on with the trip!! YAY :thumbsup2 We start walking to the park entrance. We get on the elevator, go down, walk for what seems like FOREVER. Keep walking some more.. and it's getting crowded. We get to the area they check your bags and we think we are about to get in. NO..:eek: You enter in Universals City Walk (similar to DTD) and that is a large area too. Finally see the signs showing Left to ISLANDS OF ADVENTURE and right to UNIVERSAL STUDIOS. Off to the LEFT WE GO!!

We make it in, and our first stop... THE WIZARDING WORLD!! WOO HOO:cool1:

Naturally on the other side of the park. ON the way we see the Grinch. Jonathon LOVES the movie and said he wanted to meet him.

We go in his Photo location. Jake and Alli see him (Jonathon REFUSES, another fit)

123.jpg
124.jpg
AND then the Grinch realizes Jonathon won't come over. This GRINCH acts just like in the movies!! WOWOWOWOWOW

125.jpg

128.jpg

Around a few more turns we see this.... HOGSMEADE!!

136.jpg

Apparently I have gone on long enough. Check out the next post

Day 2 Part 3

Almost there!! Alli is all :banana::yay::cheer2:
137.jpg

SO HAPPY
140.jpg

We see Hogwarts :cloud9:BEAUTIFUL!!
141.jpg

:love: After seeing the look in her eyes and feeling the excitement that she was radiating, the rest of the day was just a bonus! Allison's wish was coming true! At this moment I felt so blessed!!!:goodvibespixiedust:

I feel like I am rambling... am I dragging this on too long???:rolleyes1

I feel like I am rambling... am I dragging this on too long???

NOOOOO, not at all! I love it! We want more! We want more! We want more!! :thumbsup2

So glad your daughter is doing better. It certainly gives a mom hope when she reads that!:goodvibes Do you mind telling me, what if any treatments have worked?

My daughter started on a 5-ASA (Dipentum) at diagnosis, but couldn't keep her symptoms in check. She was hospitalized for a flare, put on prednisone, which helped for a bit. Her symptoms continued so Flagyl was added, along with other meds. She was weaned off of prednisone after over a year by adding 6-MP and a probiotic, along with omeprazole. This was right when Enbrel was coming on the market. That was going to be her next med. She remained on the immunosuppresant (6-MP), probiotic and Dipentum and Omeprazole for years. As of last month, she is solely on Dipentum. Her colonoscopies show moderate inflammation from her stomach throughout her entire intestinal tract, but she *knock wood again* is not symptomatic and doing well. She repeats her upper gi-endoscopy again in April. Fingers crossed that all goes well!

How have things gone for your daughter?

No youre not rambling! Its great so far! Just found it and already caught up....I feel like I am there with you!

princess:Princess Allison getting HER WISH...rambling...NOT at all, this is amazing!!! First time I have seen pictures of the HP exhibit and I am SOOOOO excited! I can't WAIT to read more!!! popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

I :lovestruc Harry Potter too!! So, please- drag it out as long as possible so I can see all of it! I haven't been yet, and prob won't get to for at least a year or two- so, yes please- Pictures and everything! :lmao:

Aisling and I got the most amazing Pixie Dust tonight! Thank you guys so much for the cards and pictures. Completely made my day. And Aisling was so thrilled you liked her artwork ;)

Thanks again! :flower3:

Great start to your TR. Loving all the pics of Harry Potter. Can't wait to get there one day. Allison looked so happy.

Can't believe all the drama at the airport. Seriously...cranky people should NOT be in customer service LOL!

;)

My daughter started on a 5-ASA (Dipentum) at diagnosis, but couldn't keep her symptoms in check. She was hospitalized for a flare, put on prednisone, which helped for a bit. Her symptoms continued so Flagyl was added, along with other meds. She was weaned off of prednisone after over a year by adding 6-MP and a probiotic, along with omeprazole. This was right when Enbrel was coming on the market. That was going to be her next med. She remained on the immunosuppresant (6-MP), probiotic and Dipentum and Omeprazole for years. As of last month, she is solely on Dipentum. Her colonoscopies show moderate inflammation from her stomach throughout her entire intestinal tract, but she *knock wood again* is not symptomatic and doing well. She repeats her upper gi-endoscopy again in April. Fingers crossed that all goes well!

How have things gone for your daughter?

Allison started on Pentasa right away with prevacid (and something else?? sorry can't think of the name) 6-MP was added next, then prednisone. Every time they tried to wean the flare ups came back. She then started to have labs coming back that were abnormal. So they had to stop that. That's when a team of GI doctors collaborated and decided Remicade was the next option for her. She has been doing treatments for 17 months. After a year she was finally able to come of the prednisone. She has been having flare-ups toward the middle of the cycle so they are giving her maybe 1 or 2 more chances. Her Endoscopy and Colonoscopy were last done in November maybe 4 days after a treatment and they still saw inflammation throughout. Her cortisol levels are low from the prednisone use, and now has to take hydrocortisone. She has chronic sinus problems that the ENT said her CT scan was one of the worst he has seen for a 12 year old girl. She is scheduled to have surgery in March. They are wondering if the infections are causing flares or if the immune system being suppressed isn't allowing her to fight it. Another what came first, the chicken or the egg situation. Glad to hear your daughter is doing so well!!
No youre not rambling! Its great so far! Just found it and already caught up....I feel like I am there with you!
:welcome:Glad you are enjoying and don't think I am rambling!!
princess:Princess Allison getting HER WISH...rambling...NOT at all, this is amazing!!! First time I have seen pictures of the HP exhibit and I am SOOOOO excited! I can't WAIT to read more!!! popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::
:wave2: Enjoy the popcorn!!
I :lovestruc Harry Potter too!! So, please- drag it out as long as possible so I can see all of it! I haven't been yet, and prob won't get to for at least a year or two- so, yes please- Pictures and everything! :lmao:
:wave2: Hope that I can keep your interest, and you still want to go when I am done!!:rotfl:

Another person in COMPLETE agreement and there is no way your rambling. Can't wait to hear more.

:lovestruc
Aisling and I got the most amazing Pixie Dust tonight! Thank you guys so much for the cards and pictures. Completely made my day. And Aisling was so thrilled you liked her artwork ;)

Thanks again! :flower3:

Great start to your TR. Loving all the pics of Harry Potter. Can't wait to get there one day. Allison looked so happy.

Can't believe all the drama at the airport. Seriously...cranky people should NOT be in customer service LOL!

pixiedust:I am so glad you and Aisling like the cards and pictures! I wanted to do something special for everyone that touched our life during this time!! We truly feel blessed that complete strangers embraced our family like that! I can't wait until I can do the Big Gives!! (not sure how to sign up!) We don't think the thank yous even come close to how thankful we really are! :worship:

I seem to be having trouble getting on here long enough to type the report up and post the pictures. It seems to take so long. I promise to get day 2 done and at least start day 3 before the end of the weekend. Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!
:wizard:

I feel like I am rambling... am I dragging this on too long???:rolleyes1

Rambling? Heck no!! Tell us more, tell us more.... now I've got a Grease flashback!!!:lmao:

To sign up for the Big Give click on the web link in my siggie. It'll bring you to the homepage so you can create an account and then they send you an email when you're completely activated. It'll be so great to have you on there. :hug: I absolutely love, love, :love: doing Big Gives. It gives you such a warm feeling seeing the happy faces.

Please.. We want all the details and pictures. Keep it up. Loving the TR. Allison looks so happy to be in HP World. I can't wait to see it tooo, even though I'm not a HP fan. Scott, Steven, and Kerri are.

:pixiedust:I am so glad you and Aisling like the cards and pictures! I wanted to do something special for everyone that touched our life during this time!! We truly feel blessed that complete strangers embraced our family like that! I can't wait until I can do the Big Gives!! (not sure how to sign up!) We don't think the thank yous even come close to how thankful we really are! :worship:

You can actually click the pic in the Big Give members siggies to join but here is the link http://s3.excoboard.com/DisBigGive. So fun that you want to join now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter