Limos, Planes, AND Puke~ OH MY! Allison's Wish Trip Report*3/27 COMPLETED *

Its been much too long..... I wonder if I will still be able to finish Allis trip report?!

:rolleyes1 I am back again! Hoping to stay here this time. It has been a very crazy year and my deepest apologies to those that followed our journey. I had to look back to see where I left off. SO SAD!! I can't believe I got stuck on day 2:idea: I am going to get myself organized and start back on it. With everything going on here, it will be nice to relive our wonderful trip!! I hope everyone has enjoyed theirs or is excitedly planning theirs.

:flower3:Please accept my apologies for staying away so long!

Tuesday December 14th Day 3 Part 1

First thing first.... Have to wake the sleepy children. Once that finally happens, it's off to our first :cool1:ICE CREAM FOR BREAKFAST DAY!!!

2010-12-14_09-03-14_486.jpg

2010-12-14_09-03-24_664.jpg

Everyone enjoyed our tasty treat, but it's time to head out of the Village. Off to Animal Kingdom we go. :drive:
2010-12-14_10-07-45_3.jpg

As we enter, we stop for a picture with the giant Christmas Tree
199.jpg

Photo0035FiveBySeven.jpg

Photo0041FourBySix.jpg

Photo0051FourBySix.jpg

Photo0056FourBySix.jpg

Photo0070FiveBySeven.jpg

Off to see the animals, ride the rides, and see all we can. As we have planned a half day to enjoy Animal Kingdom.

Photo0006FiveBySeven.jpg

213.jpg

221.jpg

Next stop RAIN FOREST CAFE Everyone is starving, and quite tired.
223.jpg

224.jpg

231.jpg

233.jpg

234.jpg

To be continued....

Ugh It's been so long, I can't remember how to put my links to posts on my first page... Any help would be great!!!:surfweb:

Day 3 Tuesday December 14th CONTINUED!

After lunch we got our things together and headed to the van. We were off to Epcot for the rest of the day.

2010-12-14_17-06-03_449.jpg

Fast track was a must
Photo0080FourBySix.jpg

The kids and Brian did all the attractions they wanted to. It was still bitter cold and Jonathon was over being cold. Allison was tired and we had visited all the first aid stations we could. The lounge was closed by the time we got to epcot, so we weren't able to take advantage of this one.
Photo0085FourBySix.jpg

As you can see it was time to go. Alli and Jake didn't want to go around to the countries. It was entirely too cold to enjoy that for them. We simply did the rides and headed back to the villa...
237.jpg

Much to Allison's surprise she had mail!!
239.jpg

Reading her very nice letter from SmileyCrissy!!
240.jpg

LOVED the bracelets!! THANK YOU :worship:
243.jpg

Christopher enjoying the villa
242.jpg

I think he ordered pizza everynight!
244.jpg

Today wasn't the most exciting to write about. The kids weren't enjoying the weather.. who would think it was cold in FLORIDA???:sad1: I think they still had fun riding the rides and seing the shows. Stay tuned for Day 4!!!

Ugh It's been so long, I can't remember how to put my links to posts on my first page... Any help would be great!!!:surfweb:

Amy, there are two GREAT tutorials on page one of the wishtrippers thread to help you with the links!

I am SO excited to see you back!!! :woohoo::dance3::woohoo: I am looking forward to hearing more about the wish trip and a life update if you have time! :hug::grouphug::hug:

Amy, there are two GREAT tutorials on page one of the wishtrippers thread to help you with the links!

I am SO excited to see you back!!! :woohoo::dance3::woohoo: I am looking forward to hearing more about the wish trip and a life update if you have time! :hug::grouphug::hug:

Thanks I remember seeing them before.. but couldn't remember where. I will head over there later this afternoon. Brian works tonight so I plan to sit back and read through your TR, and catch up some with everyone else. Thanks for sticking with me...even though I bailed. I did pick up that Lisa has had a rough go of it. I am truly very sorry to hear that. We were almost referred to CHOP. I have heard great things, but our dr decided on Boston Children's hospital. We haven't gone yet...but will catch you up on all that soon.. Thinking of you guys and hope things are getting better!!:grouphug:

DAY 4 Wednesday December 15th MAGIC Kingdom

:goodvibesWe started our day with an early morning character breakfast at OHANA. Everyone had a blast. The food was great, Jake loved the juice. Jonathon LOVED meeting Stitch, Christopher loved all the characters and Allison just loved the waffles!! Christopher and Jonathon enjoyed playing witht he maracas, and Jake took Christopher to participate in the parade. As you will see, Jonathon has some of his usual grumpiness when we meet Mickey. I really don't remember why:confused3...but it was all too common during this trip!:confused:

246.jpg

251.jpg

249.jpg

254.jpg

255.jpg

:stitch:STITCH LOVED JONATHON'S STITCH SHIRT!! AND JONATHON WAS VERY PROUD!!
258.jpg

261.jpg

268.jpg

274.jpg

:mickeyjum:stitch2:pluto: Everyone loved our custom shirts!! We chose to leave our van at the hotel and take the monorail over to Magic Kingdom. One more adventure to be added to what the kids wanted to do!! Jonathon thought it was really cool!!

Day 4 Part 2 Where Magic Happens

We decided to get our picture first thing....hoping Jonathon would be happy. No such luck. He wasn't into getting his picture taken.

Photo0086FourBySix-1.jpg

Because my camera broke day one, and Allison continued to forget to charge hers, we didn't end up with very many pictures. The kids went immediately to the rides that were top of the list. We saw some shows and visited with characters. Christopher and I hung out together while everyone did the things they wanted. It was great seeing the smiles on the kids faces. Today was especially hard on Alli, after three very busy days... we made sure to the wish lounge. We spent quite a bit of time in there. We were alone, no other families no pixie dust... but Alli rested and Jonathon played with Mr Potato Head and Disney dress ups!

And off we went again!!

Photo0101FiveBySeven-1.jpg

The kids were all happy to see Buzz come out!

Photo0107FourBySix-1.jpg

More rides and show experiences. We got a bite to eat, a few snacks another rest break. We made our way to toon town. Enjoyed all the houses, again... no pictures. We made our way to see Allison's Favorite...... TINK!!!! We wasted quite a bit of time (JUST FYI). A past wish child was able to get a picture with all the fairies at once, so we asked. We were told to wait and they would see what they could do.... we waited and waited and waited.. Lots of families passing and leaving. In the end they said they couldn't put them to gether because of the seasons. She enjoyed herself anyway! The boys played on Donalds boat.

Photo0117FourBySix-1.jpg

The one she has been waiting for!!

Photo0124FiveBySeven-1.jpg

LOVE THE SKIRT....

Photo0140FiveBySeven-1.jpg

So sweet, coming to show the baby some love
Photo0141FourBySix-1.jpg

In True Vidia spirit!!!
Photo0147FourBySix-1.jpg

Princess time

Photo0161FourBySix-1.jpg

Time to love on the baby! PRINCESS LOVE

Photo0183FourBySix-1.jpg

Off to Goofy's Barnyard Roller Coaster. They all loved it. It was so funny to see Jake and Alli laugh like they did on that little ride. Jonathon raised his arms and giggled!! LOVED seeing them so happy. Fireworks ready to off. Jake and Jonathon ran back and forth from where we sat across from Donald's Boat and Donalds Boat, until they closed it. Then it was Time to hit the Haunted Mansion before we head Jonathon's favorite! We went out of the park and took the boat/ferry back to where the van was parked. If you remember we parked at the Ohana restaraunt. We managed to get lost and the kids were cold and tired. Finally back to the van, after 5 minutes all the kids were asleep!!

I know Jonathan wasn't always "into it" but look at that smile on his face with BUZZ!!!! :woohoo::woohoo: I am so happy you are finishing this and I know you feel you have forgotten some of it, but look at the memories you ARE preserving! I am hoping things are at a good place medical wise (I know, are they ever...it does seem some illnesses get to be pushed to the back and others are never ending...). :grouphug::grouphug: Thank you for letting me know you posted a new update! :flower3: Looking forward to a PTR for this latest trip!!!!

Thanks for continuing to stop by. I feel terrible for just stopping my TR and feel like I abandoned those that were so generous during our MAW planning. I am so in awe of those women!!

I will make a post to fill in on 2011 and what kept me preoccupied. Although it will seem like nothing to some. It was quite overwhelming to me. Allison has been on home bound for school for the last few weeks from a flare up. She will go back monday. I am hopeful that it isn't too soon. We are actually trying to figure out if it's chrohns or a viral illness that has made her so sick. Unfortunatey, it looks like another failed treatment so we will be going to Boston Children's hospital soon.

Will keep reading your posts!! Thanks again for coming back! (I am reading your friend Lisa's 2011 birthday trip)

Thanks for continuing to stop by. I feel terrible for just stopping my TR and feel like I abandoned those that were so generous during our MAW planning. I am so in awe of those women!!

I will make a post to fill in on 2011 and what kept me preoccupied. Although it will seem like nothing to some. It was quite overwhelming to me. Allison has been on home bound for school for the last few weeks from a flare up. She will go back monday. I am hopeful that it isn't too soon. We are actually trying to figure out if it's chrohns or a viral illness that has made her so sick. Unfortunatey, it looks like another failed treatment so we will be going to Boston Children's hospital soon.

Will keep reading your posts!! Thanks again for coming back! (I am reading your friend Lisa's 2011 birthday trip)

Amy, let any guilt go! You know better than most just how hard it is to deal with medical "stuff", a family and life in general. I look forward to seeing how the family is doing and it is like I always say, NOBODY's LOAD is heavier than anyone else's it is just DIFFERENT! I can't believe ANYBODY could't see what you have to do each and every day...unless they have NEVER had to deal with chronic illness, then I could see a lack of knowledge..but that is OKAY! You don't owe anybody anything, except for your family! :grouphug::grouphug: for Allison and an accurate diagnosis! In the meantime, keep writing, planning and dreaming! You deserve that! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Thank you for sharing the rest of your trip... and I'm thankful for the Photopass considering your camera broke!... and don't worry about how long it has taken... we all understand! Take care!

.Welcome back!! I still have 3 more days to go. But it feels great to get it all down. I just got out the wish trip bag. Love looking through it. Going to post a recent pic of my kids and go. The baby is trying to close my computer:eek:
Thank you for sharing the rest of your trip... and I'm thankful for the Photopass considering your camera broke!... and don't worry about how long it has taken... we all understand! Take care!

Hi ! Joining in. :goodvibes

My son, Jayden, also wished to go to Harry Potter world and we're going next month ! Too bad it was SO cold for your trip. But looks like you all had a great time regardless !

Just wanted to show off my cuties! This was taken right before Christmas. LOVE LOVE LOVE my kids!!;)

100_1285-1.jpg

Hi ! Joining in. :goodvibes

My son, Jayden, also wished to go to Harry Potter world and we're going next month ! Too bad it was SO cold for your trip. But looks like you all had a great time regardless !

:welcome::welcome::welcome: We did have a blast. It was definetly challenging with the weather. But we made the best of it. Heading over your way...:moped:

Hi Amy, your kid's are ADORABLE! I will be back to read a bit later, but wanted to let you know I'm here!!

hope you have a great day :hug::)

ok all caught up on your trip posts!
love seeing the kids happy faces with the charactes, yes even grumpy faces too! love the one with Christopher and mickey!

bummer about your camera and not getting photos, at least you made some wonderful happy memories!!!

how cool to get a group photo with all the Marvel characters!

looking forward to reading more when you have time to update!

hoping Allison is feeling better!!!

So some of you have followed since our PTR in 2010. We had a lot of support and great help from the generous DISers!! Love this site! We went on Allison's wish trip, had a blast, came home... got ready for Christmas, got sick... celebrated New Years. Allison got sick AGAIN. Planned for Surgery, got the TR started... Left off in March just before Allison's sinus surgery.. The ENT said her ct scans were the worst 12 year old sinuses he had seen and hadn't improved but got worst in the six months since the last one. She went on 2 months of antibiotics before the surgery.

2011-03-15_07-06-05_134-1.jpg

She recovered nicley!! We prepped the house by pulling ALL the rugs out and get air filters for the main living areas and her room. Put all new bedding for allergies on her bed. She seemed set. Jonathon had been having problems with asthma so the rugs should take care of him too!

In April we went to visit family for Spring Break. It worked out great. Easter, Christophers first birthday, my birthday and my moms were all celebrated! We also through a trip to Hershey Park in from our GKTW passport!!

2011-04-22_17-38-04_98-1.jpg
2011-04-22_12-33-18_483-1.jpg

2011-04-23_20-52-56_861.jpg
2011-04-23_16-46-35_66.jpg

2011-04-27_20-08-19_733-1.jpg

Allison got very sick mid way through our park visit. We ended up pushing her in the stroller to a video arcade where we waited for first aid with wheelchair and then headed to first aid. She was miserable. We knew when we were headed to MD she s was beginning to have a flare up, but when she had a 103 fever we were shocked!! After giving her tylenol and getting her situated they took us by ambulance to our van. Always an adventure!

My computer is being slow... so we will pick up with May!

Think I forgot to mention.. Christopher began having feeding issues again while on her wish trip, so when we got back he started feeding therapy again in January. He "graduated" in September when they switched him to speech therapy. He has come a long way with his speech and is closer to age appropriate!!

Jonathon had a lot of problems with stridor. They thought he had a problem with his larynx vs. asthma. Luckily it has gotten much better. We were tired of ER visits

2011-05-08_05-34-51_78-1.jpg

Sometime in may a tree came down in our yard. Luckily the cars weren't damaged. Our pool was rusted through and had to be replaced...

2011-05-24_18-19-57_51.jpg
2011-05-07_14-34-24_879.jpg

Good news is the kids got a HUGE sandbox while we waited for the new pool!

2011-06-03_15-04-54_67-1.jpg

Alli had her dance recital
2011-06-09_18-55-13_5-1.jpg

School got out, the kids and I got busy with summer activities. Brian was cleared medically from all that had been going on in 2010. We saw Harry Potter

2011-07-15_11-49-49_536.jpg

Went to Busch gardens using GKTW Passport
2011-08-15_10-28-57_969.jpg

Allison went to Victory Junction in July, right after what would be her last IV infusion for IBD.
2011-07-31_15-18-02_907.jpg

2011-07-21_10-14-44_115.jpg

After camp she was not feeling well, had very little energy and pulled away from friends. We didn't do much except play in the pool and go to dr appointments. The end of August she got worst and ended up in the hospital the beginning of Sept. She was discharged after 2 nights and we drove Daddy straight to the airport to go out of the country. 2 days later she was readmitted for over a week. Luckily my mom was able to come stay with the 3 boys. We have now had 4 failed treatments and are trying to determine if this latest treatment plan is also a failure.

2011-09-10_17-31-24_667.jpg

Jonathon broke his foot, and month later knocked two teeth into the wrong position in the front of his mouth. Always something!
2011-11-029511-33-1795993.jpg

I had a virus that caused an almost anaphylactic reaction and I had to go to the ER for Epinepherine. NOT FUN!! The holidays came and went, Allison flaring several times. We got a HUGE surprise for Christmas. A week in DH's parents Florida condo!! Woo HOO!! we get to go back to disney!! Come Check out my new PTR. GOING BACK TO DISNEY AND GKTW! I promise to finish this TR!!

We are currently waiting to see how Allison does weaning off Prednisone (4th attempt since Sept all failing and causing flares the we go back up on the meds.) if this doesn't work she will be referred to Boston Children's Hospital!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter