"Limited Time Magic" Coming to Disney Parks in 2013 - Pirate Week, Villains, etc.

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by Sherry E, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Sherry E

Sherry E Currently tag-less... Moderator

I thought someone else would have posted a thread about this morning's blog from the Disney Parks Blog, but if there is another thread I didn't see it!

See this link for full article:

"Giant Ice Castle in Times Square Kicks Off ‘Limited Time Magic’ at Disney Parks," (October 17, 2012, Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks)

Some highlights:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Sherry E

4. Mary Jo

Mary Jo Techarita Moderator

5. rszdtrvl

rszdtrvl DIS Veteran

This sounds like fun! Can't wait to see what the weekly theme will be when we are there!

6. Sherry E

Mary Jo -

You know, I saw the title of that thread when I skimmed the forum, and looked at the first few words but had no clue that it had anything to do with the Parks Blog because I didn't get as far as seeing the link. And in the other thread that I saw, the title was about a Year of Surprises. I didn't see anything about the Limited Time Magic.

7. Sherry E

rszdtrvl -

This is certainly going to be a new way of drawing crowds to the parks!

I'm not sure about the Dapper Dans singing boy band songs, but it's something new and different!

I notice that the Villains thing is happening September 13th, a Friday. That's probably the day that Halloween Time would be starting at DLR (I'd assume), so I wonder if it will be incorporated into the Halloween Time festivities somehow. Either that, or maybe DLR will decide to start Halloween Time a bit later, like maybe September 16th or 20th or so.:confused3

8. AddictedtoDoleWhip

AddictedtoDoleWhip Mouseketeer

This sounds so fun, I can't wait.

9. marx

marx DVC Home: AKV

We got this email from DVC last week about today's Times Square event with hints about the ice sculptures ("a chilling event", nIce). But, we had no idea what it was going to be about. The day after I recieved the email, I tried some Internet searches but turned up nothing. Anyway, we took the kids out of school and they enjoyed the bit of Disney today.

Greetings Disney Vacation Club Members,

You're Invited!

On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 from 9:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Disney Parks will be in your neighborhood! Join your fellow Members and other Disney fans in Times Square, New York City for a nICE special event, which we invite you to enjoy!

A huge and magically chilling surprise will await you in the Times Square Pedestrian Plaza area on Broadway between 45th and 46th! You'll see Disney characters and experience some special delights the whole family can enjoy.

There is no need to R.S.V.P. Please just enjoy this special experience brought to you by Disney Parks.

We look forward to seeing you then.

See ya' real soon!

Disney Vacation Club

10. Mary Jo

Mary Jo Techarita Moderator

How fun!!

For Disneyland, I'm looking forward to seeing the Golden Horseshoe Revue again.

11. Sherry E

The Revue will be nice to see again.

I kind of think I like the Pirate Week idea. I'm not opposed to it. Actually, I really don't mind any of the themes, with the exception of the questionable Dapper Dans/Boy Bands thing...but that could end up being hilarious so I will reserve judgment!

I hope that there will still be some special Mardi Gras festivities as well.

12. mom of lil princess

mom of lil princess Mouseketeer

I personally am really happy about this. I am already booked for January and am going after the Christmas decorations are down so there is usually nothing going on. This will be something nice and maybe something to help my husband stop grumbling about how it is much more expensive this year is :)

13. Sherry E

I think I like the idea in general because I am a fan of 'themes' anyway, and also for nostalgia (bringing back things that are long gone). I'm all for themed weeks, themed months, themed lands, themed weekends, whatever. So if DLR can pull out reasons to package up some of their offerings into themes, I'm all for it.

Of course, it is an obvious attempt on their part to lure in more visitors, but I don't even mind that as long as they deliver the goods!

14. Homemom

Homemom DIS Veteran

We're going in January, too. I can't wait to see the theme for our week! I would love to see Long Lost Friends week!

15. Sherry E

One of our veteran local news anchormen in L.A. (5 p.m. news) just did a segment about Limited Time Magic, mentioning the different themes. He zeroed in on Long Lost Friends week, assuring us that we can meet rare Disney characters...such as "Clarabelle the Clown.":rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

16. WorldOfColorful

WorldOfColorful Earning My Ears

So excited to see the revue for the first time! I just wish it wasn't a temporary return.

17. keltiesmom

keltiesmom Mouseketeer

We will be there the week leading up to valentines day, I'm excited to see the princes.

18. lalasmama

lalasmama DIS Veteran

Can we somehow petition to get the Main Street Electrical Parade back for Long Lost Friends Week? And can we make that the week that I am there, please? :flower3:

Oh, I suppose that could be asking too much. Boo. :sad:

19. mamaofthree

mamaofthree Mouseketeer

Did I miss somewhere when they will announce the calendar of themes?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

20. nunzia

nunzia You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys

I also want to see the Horeshoe Revue..I'm only going for Expo next year, so hope it happens to fall during that time.

21. tchrrx

tchrrx <font color=red>Blame it on the plastic cow I ment

I hope they announce the dates soon so that we know if anything extra will be going on while we're there.