Lillian & Dennis's Vow Renewal 4/15/12...PRO PICS 8.10.12

HERE are our welcome home pics (well, R&R ones)

OMG its been busy. I did find my shoes. I'll order them in a few days to be done (dyable). We had a mini vacation friday night in nashville just the 2 of us. Today, we are headed to the Smokies (Gatlinburg) for a getaway w/ the kids. I want this week to take forever because I really dont want him to go back at all. BUT, he has to. We will see him again shortly after, but still. I dont like saying goodbye to someone I love so much. Other than the trips and stuff we have been just shopping for new rings and such. I found something I love, but its not a "wedding band" or "anniversary band"...its a very beautiful blue topaz ring w/ diamonds and a couple London Blue topaz on the outside of the main stone. Love it, but not quite appropriate. He still hasnt found one he likes (I think its because he just got a new one earlier this year and nothing can top it in his eyes). So, we may just re use our current rings...nothing bad about that at all either. Just going to keep looking for maybe a special necklace.

I'm just popping in to let you know that I totally teared up when your older son was crying because he was so happy to see his daddy. :love: Such beautiful pictures!! I don't know how military couples do it; I really don't. I've never been away from my DF for longer than 8 days!!! So much :lovestruc for both of you.

Ok, so I thought that once our Gatlinburg trip was over I would have some stress relief going on because that was one trip down....LOL. NOT. Now, I am feeling the stress of getting everything together. A little less than 4months and I'm going OMG now. LOL. I'm laughing at myself because I know I have to seem like crazy woman to most people.

We still havent heard anything from DH's Dad (not the step dad who is a yes, but his adopted dad), so D is going to straight up ask him if he is going or not tomorrow at our Christmas get together. I did get a yes from a friend whom I was hoping would go, so I'm super excited about that. So, we are up to 6 plus the 4 of us. We are allowed 4 more w/o paying the PP fee, so that is why I'm wanting an answer from my FIL.

Had to send hubby back to Afg. today, so I'm kind of bummed, but I'm going to take the next few weeks to kick up the planning.

We got an answer from his Dad, and it was no. So, DH has asked his Aunt to come down. We really wanted to invite them from the start, but didnt know if they would have the ability. We still dont know, but we asked and the worst they could say is they cant make it. She is happy for us though. She and my MIL (despite the fact that MIL never married DH's Bio dad...aunts brother) get along great, so that would be great.

I'm searching for a cake topper again. I thought I had the one I wanted all picked out. I went to order it and the shipping is more than the cake topper (WTH). There was nothing else on the site that we found the topper on that we really liked to order to go w/ it to justify the cost of shipping.

OH and just when we think we have music figured out we 2nd guess it. LOL. The othernight we were in the living room and all the lights were off but the ones on the tree. We had been watching a movie, but D stopped it and asked me to dance. I thought I had handy the CD w/ God Gave Me You on it, but I didnt and only had Crazy Girl (Eli Young Band) on my computer. So, I turned it on and we danced. It was so romantic...christmas lights, him/me, slow dancing. And now we are thinking since its the first song we actually danced to the WHOLE song (remember 1st dance was to letters from jail, but it was a half song) that it might be a good song to dance to at Disney. LOL. We never can make up our minds. That will probably be a last min thing. LOL I can see us on Easter trying to pack and getting the CD made and stuff. LOL. We are a trip.

So, yeah I guess I need to pick it up...LOL

Had to send hubby back to Afg. today, so I'm kind of bummed, but I'm going to take the next few weeks to kick up the planning.

We got an answer from his Dad, and it was no. So, DH has asked his Aunt to come down. We really wanted to invite them from the start, but didnt know if they would have the ability. We still dont know, but we asked and the worst they could say is they cant make it. She is happy for us though. She and my MIL (despite the fact that MIL never married DH's Bio dad...aunts brother) get along great, so that would be great.

I'm searching for a cake topper again. I thought I had the one I wanted all picked out. I went to order it and the shipping is more than the cake topper (WTH). There was nothing else on the site that we found the topper on that we really liked to order to go w/ it to justify the cost of shipping.

OH and just when we think we have music figured out we 2nd guess it. LOL. The othernight we were in the living room and all the lights were off but the ones on the tree. We had been watching a movie, but D stopped it and asked me to dance. I thought I had handy the CD w/ God Gave Me You on it, but I didnt and only had Crazy Girl (Eli Young Band) on my computer. So, I turned it on and we danced. It was so romantic...christmas lights, him/me, slow dancing. And now we are thinking since its the first song we actually danced to the WHOLE song (remember 1st dance was to letters from jail, but it was a half song) that it might be a good song to dance to at Disney. LOL. We never can make up our minds. That will probably be a last min thing. LOL I can see us on Easter trying to pack and getting the CD made and stuff. LOL. We are a trip.

So, yeah I guess I need to pick it up...LOL

So sorry DH is on his way back...it won't be too much longer!! About cake toppers...did you know they have the vinylmation bride and groom now? That might be kind of cute. Do you know anyone that works with fondant? Maybe they can make a pretty topper for you? What do you have in mind, I'll keep my eye out for you!!

So sorry DH is on his way back...it won't be too much longer!! About cake toppers...did you know they have the vinylmation bride and groom now? That might be kind of cute. Do you know anyone that works with fondant? Maybe they can make a pretty topper for you? What do you have in mind, I'll keep my eye out for you!!

I honestly have no clue now. I had thought about the Vinylmations too today. I'm considering getting a Monogram W w/ some crystals on it. We had even talked about going fun and getting a Snow White figure set from Disney store, and then putting Snow White and Prince Charming on top and Grumpy and Dopey on the bottom layer to represent the kids.

I honestly have no clue now. I had thought about the Vinylmations too today. I'm considering getting a Monogram W w/ some crystals on it. We had even talked about going fun and getting a Snow White figure set from Disney store, and then putting Snow White and Prince Charming on top and Grumpy and Dopey on the bottom layer to represent the kids.

Is SOG providing the cake, or are you ordering it separately? Also, Jim Shore has a Minnie and Mickey bride/groom...I'm not sure if it'd be too heavy for a cake though

Is SOG providing the cake, or are you ordering it separately? Also, Jim Shore has a Minnie and Mickey bride/groom...I'm not sure if it'd be too heavy for a cake though

Shades is providing it (I'm happy about that because it makes it really easy on me...LOL).

I found a couple toppers I like
http://www.oklahomastencil.com/item_293/LOVE-Custom-Wedding-Cake-Topper-block-lettering-white.htm (in white or blue but I do want to add some crystals to it when I get it)

http://www.oklahomastencil.com/item_280/Custom-Scroll-Monogram-Cake-Topper-02.htm (in blue or white)

Shoes are driving me nuts

I thought I wanted these ($45)
shoe2.jpg

But I like these (and the cost of $20) too
shoes1.jpg

Like the first pair because they are simpler and I'm a simple person.

Both pairs of shoes are nice! I think I like the first ones a bit more, but if the price different is large than the second ones are almost as good :)

hoping you had a fabulous R&R with hubby

Aww thanks. I did. It was nice. Now, I'm planning for his return next month (YAY I can FINALLY say that...LOL). I'm feeling the stress of this deployment melt off a little each day. I'm so glad they are moving to 9month ones. These year long ones bite.

librarygeek Both pairs of shoes are nice! I think I like the first ones a bit more, but if the price different is large than the second ones are almost as good

Its only a $25 diff, but they are both so cute imo. I like that the 2nd pair are 4in heels, so I'm less likely to need to have the dress hemmed, but I'm also worried because they are 4in heels and I'm a clutz. The 1st pair are 3.5in and I walked in those at the mall here to try to figure out my size in them...they were interesting to say the least. I'm honestly at a point where I cant decide, as I like them both equally. I'm trying to imagine which ones would go best w/ my dress....or if blue shoes will even go w/ it. UGH. I cant make up my mind at all.

I dont remember having these issues the first time around. Oh wait I was given ballet flats by my mom because she knew I was a clutz. I can honestly say I never imagined taking on this would be this stressfull (and right now its just shoes, music, and a new ring (whole nother story))....I feel bad for those w/ a Wishes Wedding. I like that I'm very limited on a few things w/ the SOG because I'm deff an overplanner, and if I werent limited I would be nuts 2nd guessing myself left and right.

YAY, so I have even more stuff checked off my list today. Talked w/ SOG planner and flowers have been chosen, cake flavors and icing done, went over specifics a bit....feeling a lot better than I have the past few days w/ a few things. Found out that they usually dont even send a knife out to cut the cake w/ as couples usually bring theirs, so I do have to go buy one or redo the ones from our actual wedding. I'm thinking since I'm sending ribbon to go on the cake (I'm very picky on my colors) I might get a spool for myself to use on the old set and add some crystals in the shape of mickey's head to them...LOL. She said that a few weeks b4 the ceremony I should hear from Rev. Knox where we can talk a bit about it. I'm getting excited now that its 2012 and we have 104 days to go. Day 99 will just be exciting!!!!!

I decided on the simple shoe and I did order my cake topper. I'll take a pic when it gets here. I'm going to be taking it to Hobby Lobby w/ me to get my ribbon picked out for my cake (want it as close as possible). I'm just giggly as a school girl today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter