Lillian & Dennis's Vow Renewal 4/15/12...PRO PICS 8.10.12

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!!!!

Not much longer till DH is home for R&R!!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!!!!

Not much longer till DH is home for R&R!!!!

YAY!! Is he going to make it home in time for Thanksgiving?!!

Something weird...I used to work in an office at Ft. Leonard Wood, and 6 of the guys I worked with (at one time or another within a 4 year period with normal PCS's etc) all got orders for Afghanistan at the same time!! We've all been Face-booking because it's like an office reunion...tho it's really, really strange!!! I was the only civilian in the office, so I can't go. :guilty: Might sound kind of weird, but I really wish I could serve with them over there....there's not one soldier that I've worked with that has regretted being deployed (of course, besides missing their families) I'm so proud of our soldiers, please tell your husband a heart-felt "Thank you" for all his sacrifices, and THANK YOU, because I know, the role of Army Wife can be just as hard as soldier!!!

YAY!! Is he going to make it home in time for Thanksgiving?!!

Something weird...I used to work in an office at Ft. Leonard Wood, and 6 of the guys I worked with (at one time or another within a 4 year period with normal PCS's etc) all got orders for Afghanistan at the same time!! We've all been Face-booking because it's like an office reunion...tho it's really, really strange!!! I was the only civilian in the office, so I can't go. :guilty: Might sound kind of weird, but I really wish I could serve with them over there....there's not one soldier that I've worked with that has regretted being deployed (of course, besides missing their families) I'm so proud of our soldiers, please tell your husband a heart-felt "Thank you" for all his sacrifices, and THANK YOU, because I know, the role of Army Wife can be just as hard as soldier!!!

Not Thanksgiving, but Christmas. We are planning a huge surprise for the boys. He comes home the week of our youngest son's birthday, so we are throwing a party the night he gets in (so yes a very LAST MIN party) and we are bringing daddy in at the party to surprise both kids. We are having an "army party", so it works out.

BTW I'm SOOOOOO jealous you are going to Universal. I am begging to go.

Not Thanksgiving, but Christmas. We are planning a huge surprise for the boys. He comes home the week of our youngest son's birthday, so we are throwing a party the night he gets in (so yes a very LAST MIN party) and we are bringing daddy in at the party to surprise both kids. We are having an "army party", so it works out.

BTW I'm SOOOOOO jealous you are going to Universal. I am begging to go.

Oh, that is a surprise to end all surprises!! :banana::banana: Do you have anyone to video tape the reunion? It brings tears to my eyes even thinking about it!!

Sooo excited about Universal, we haven't been since we got married in 2009, so it'll be our first visit since WWOHP was built...we are just taking a two-day break in the middle of Disney. Any way you can squeeze it into your wedding trip?

Are you guys getting married in the Gazebo, the veranda, or inside? How are your plans coming along? The staff at SOG are so nice to work with.

Oh, that is a surprise to end all surprises!! :banana::banana: Do you have anyone to video tape the reunion? It brings tears to my eyes even thinking about it!!

Sooo excited about Universal, we haven't been since we got married in 2009, so it'll be our first visit since WWOHP was built...we are just taking a two-day break in the middle of Disney. Any way you can squeeze it into your wedding trip?

Are you guys getting married in the Gazebo, the veranda, or inside? How are your plans coming along? The staff at SOG are so nice to work with.

I wish we could, but with adding Legoland (for the boys) we ran out of days...LOL.

I'll be giving someone a camera to record it. Makes me cry thinking about it too!!! I cant wait.

We are having the ceremoy at the gazebo. OMG I'm super excited about it too. I've loved that Gazebo since I saw it the first time. I had thought about doing it on the landing, but I LOVE the gazebo. I cried when they almost canceled on me. I get giddy thinking about it...LOL.

I wish we could, but with adding Legoland (for the boys) we ran out of days...LOL.

I'll be giving someone a camera to record it. Makes me cry thinking about it too!!! I cant wait.

We are having the ceremoy at the gazebo. OMG I'm super excited about it too. I've loved that Gazebo since I saw it the first time. I had thought about doing it on the landing, but I LOVE the gazebo. I cried when they almost canceled on me. I get giddy thinking about it...LOL.

The Gazebo is so pretty, and much larger than the pictures look!! We got permission to put twinkle lights on it (only if we zip-tied), but we were so exhausted the night before, and it was supposed to rain, that we didn't do it. Be prepared for some lookie-loos!! We had a sunrise wedding, but there was still people out running on the path and having coffee on their patios...the runners stopped out of respect...and every one applauded after our kiss!! :goodvibes

Oh something else that I thought was hilarious...there are wild turkeys on the grounds!! My DH goes turkey hunting every season, usually with no luck, and I thought it was so funny that there were turkeys outside by our porch!! It's like they were taunting him!!

Oh something else that I thought was hilarious...there are wild turkeys on the grounds!! My DH goes turkey hunting every season, usually with no luck, and I thought it was so funny that there were turkeys outside by our porch!! It's like they were taunting him!!

We love the turkeys. We came out on the porch the first morning of our first trip and they were there. It was soooo cool.

I wish we could decorate, but there is a wedding 3hrs b4 mine, so I am looking at a 1hr window to decorate, so we are just going to hang a pomander, and add white paper lanters to the chairs w/ white petals down the aisle. I'm wondering what the bride b4 me will be doing and if it will be down by the time I get there...esp if its not my style. I am not a flowery person (I actually cant stand some of the couture collection from DT for DFTW), so I pray there isnt tons of flowers everywhere.

We love the turkeys. We came out on the porch the first morning of our first trip and they were there. It was soooo cool.

I wish we could decorate, but there is a wedding 3hrs b4 mine, so I am looking at a 1hr window to decorate, so we are just going to hang a pomander, and add white paper lanters to the chairs w/ white petals down the aisle. I'm wondering what the bride b4 me will be doing and if it will be down by the time I get there...esp if its not my style. I am not a flowery person (I actually cant stand some of the couture collection from DT for DFTW), so I pray there isnt tons of flowers everywhere.

I don't think you need to worry about that, I know we were told we had to have everything down ourselves before the next wedding. We were simple too...just tulle around the opening with a flower/bow and the Mickey Pomander above us. Here's an idea of what it looked like...we were kind of backwards, because it was suppose to rain, so we put the decorations on the inside, instead of the outside of the Gazebo. My oldest son (on the right) cried during the whole ceremony. :rolleyes:

DSC05657-1.jpg

it looked beautiful. OMG I get excited thinking about it now.

I'm going to take on the pomander mickey when DH is back for Christmas I think. Then he can help keep the kids busy...LOL.

Going to start focusing on the decorations some more in the next few weeks. I am going to go easy on them since I dont want to take a ton of stuff w/ us and us not have time to put them up...lol. I do want to do the lanters and the pomander. Past that I've got no clue.

Had to come scope out the boards and the love and excitement from here today. On one of the few days that has been really good people have to go and peeve me to no end.

DH called me today and informed me that we did come down on orders again (lol got to love the army). We are headed to Hawaii as of now (as we saw last week that can change). So, we were seriously excited. My sister has to go and start w/ the low blows "Does he have orders in hand." Well, at the time NO they were still on the computer, but as of this afternoon (our time) he did get officially notified and the commander was the one who pulled him aside to give him the good news. Then we inform my parents....my dad is like "I hope he is ready for the 25th because its a prestigious group and he better learn to keep up." My husband isnt a POS...he just has horrible knee issues. He has been in 11 years, and is on his 5th deployment in 8.5yrs....so yeah he is bound to be hurting. SO, there is my dad again w/ attacking my hubby...love seeing this over and over (not). Then a "friend" saw what I was talking about w/ a good friend on FB about how her and another friend had no excuses as to why they couldnt come to Hawaii now that Aulani is open (it was a joke as we are all Disney freaks...and one is a travel agent so it could be used as a learnin exp). Well, she goes "There is more to hawaii than disney." NO CRAP. I've known that. I'm more excited about the Volcanoes and the whales than the mouse (shocking I know). UGH. People cant just let people be happy anymore. I'm sick of being treated like crap. My dad even had the audacity to ask if I was "Calling off the vow renewal nonsense" because we will be moving 1.5-2m later...NO...DH and I are very much doing this.

SOOOO Glad we get to get away again. I really have never liked living in our hometown.

Okay moving on to happy things....
DH is happy w/ the music selections so far. We just need to come up with something to incorporate this song for his mom. She is a very sweet woman who has been more a mom to me than my own mom lately. So, we want to incorporate a song she loves....Three Times a Woman (or something like that). She cries each time she hears it. So, since she has been a huge supporter of ours since we got married (well, b4 that even) I thought she should get a bit of a dedication. Just need to figure it out...LOL. I hope she likes it...lol. DH said we could think of it more in about 2wks when he gets here for R&R. Oh and I did some thinking and kept asking God for signs of what songs to use. Well, there was one day I was really missing DH this week and everytime I turned on the radio "God Gave Me You" --Blake Shelton was on. SO, this is the song we are going to try to see if we could get time to do a redo-first dance to.

We have been together almost 15years, and only danced 1x. It was this past Jan at the ball. It was to a song called "letters from jail." HORRIBLE I know. WE didnt know the song when it started it was just slow so he asked me to dance. Kind of funny when we realized it. SO, yeah cant wait to see if we can get an appropriate dance in now. I know it wont be the "first dance" but we can pretend right...LOL.

Had to come scope out the boards and the love and excitement from here today. On one of the few days that has been really good people have to go and peeve me to no end.

DH called me today and informed me that we did come down on orders again (lol got to love the army). We are headed to Hawaii as of now (as we saw last week that can change). So, we were seriously excited. My sister has to go and start w/ the low blows "Does he have orders in hand." Well, at the time NO they were still on the computer, but as of this afternoon (our time) he did get officially notified and the commander was the one who pulled him aside to give him the good news. Then we inform my parents....my dad is like "I hope he is ready for the 25th because its a prestigious group and he better learn to keep up." My husband isnt a POS...he just has horrible knee issues. He has been in 11 years, and is on his 5th deployment in 8.5yrs....so yeah he is bound to be hurting. SO, there is my dad again w/ attacking my hubby...love seeing this over and over (not). Then a "friend" saw what I was talking about w/ a good friend on FB about how her and another friend had no excuses as to why they couldnt come to Hawaii now that Aulani is open (it was a joke as we are all Disney freaks...and one is a travel agent so it could be used as a learnin exp). Well, she goes "There is more to hawaii than disney." NO CRAP. I've known that. I'm more excited about the Volcanoes and the whales than the mouse (shocking I know). UGH. People cant just let people be happy anymore. I'm sick of being treated like crap. My dad even had the audacity to ask if I was "Calling off the vow renewal nonsense" because we will be moving 1.5-2m later...NO...DH and I are very much doing this.

SOOOO Glad we get to get away again. I really have never liked living in our hometown.

Okay moving on to happy things....
DH is happy w/ the music selections so far. We just need to come up with something to incorporate this song for his mom. She is a very sweet woman who has been more a mom to me than my own mom lately. So, we want to incorporate a song she loves....Three Times a Woman (or something like that). She cries each time she hears it. So, since she has been a huge supporter of ours since we got married (well, b4 that even) I thought she should get a bit of a dedication. Just need to figure it out...LOL. I hope she likes it...lol. DH said we could think of it more in about 2wks when he gets here for R&R. Oh and I did some thinking and kept asking God for signs of what songs to use. Well, there was one day I was really missing DH this week and everytime I turned on the radio "God Gave Me You" --Blake Shelton was on. SO, this is the song we are going to try to see if we could get time to do a redo-first dance to.

We have been together almost 15years, and only danced 1x. It was this past Jan at the ball. It was to a song called "letters from jail." HORRIBLE I know. WE didnt know the song when it started it was just slow so he asked me to dance. Kind of funny when we realized it. SO, yeah cant wait to see if we can get an appropriate dance in now. I know it wont be the "first dance" but we can pretend right...LOL.

ARRGGHHH!! I HATE it when people have to throw their little hateful barbs in like that!! Don't pay them any mind, it's just jealousy talking!! That is sooooo exciting about Hawaii, I'd be floating on air!! Me and DH are going in 2014 for our 5th anniversary, maybe we can have a little DISmeet for dinner one night :goodvibes

That's too funny about the Letters from Jail song...I'd be horribly tempted to play that for your First Dance :rotfl2: I'd snuck a surprise in our wedding vows...it was funny because I don't think the pastor marrying us read the vows first, because he did a double-glance and started grinning...I added with the "for better for worse" etc with "through deer hunting and turkey hunting". :rotfl: Cracked my DH up.

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving, just think, in just a few short weeks, you'll be celebrating Christmas dinner with DH!! :banana:

Lillian,

Don't let others bring you down. You and DH (and your children) are all that matters. To me it seems like your parents wouldn' be happy one way or another.

:) Exciting about Hawaii! So jealous.

I know you must be very excited for R&R. I am getting anxious about DH coming home.

DH and I didn't have a first dance eiher. In fact we haven't danced together ever. lol still no idea what we're going to dance to; but you could do yours to letters from jail. Although no one else may know the significance you and hubby wil get a smile out of it.

Keep your chin up and let haters hate. All the more reason to show them how awesome the wedding will be and how stupid they were for being against it

So, its December already YAY!!!

Ok, I'm sitting here stressing because I have yet to find new shoes that I like. I have a pair that I thought would be great at first. Then I put them on and OMG they were killing me at my dress shopping appointment. I wore them around the house here and there, but never for long periods. They arent comfy for long periods at all, and then they dont match the dress I bought. I've browsed shoe stores online left and right and nothing is screaming "ME ME" like this first pair did. Then not to mention IDK if I want blue shoes, silver shoes or white shoes. UGH. I'm soooo braindead lately. Between Christmas, DH coming home for R&R, my Son's birthday, 3 Pure Romance events next week, and our Gatlinburg vacation I am wondering how I'm going to have brain cells left...LOL. I love being busy though. Just makes it hard to search for stuff and be in the right mind for it.

Where did you get your shoes?

I wore simple silver sandals with bling on them!! :) I think too many people worry about shoes, when hardly anyone sees your feet....of course you'd have to have a nice manny to go with them!! :rotfl: That's what I'd suggest anyway, nothing is worse than being miserable during your wedding!! Or how about some pretty white satin ballet slippers?

my shoe size hasn't changed since I was in about 8th grade. For my 8th grade graduation I wore white heels that have only a 1 inch heel. They were worn for several hours that day and well broke in. They've been preserved in a box ever since. I've decided that those are the shoes I will be wearing for pictures and the ceremony. However i will be switching to some white flats for the reception. (I've had surgery on my right knee and two surgeries on my right foot/ankle so naturally heels hurt to stand in for long periods).

Payless has some adorable shoes that you can get in white or have them dyed 1 of their 50some colors. it's called unforgetable moments I believe. They have sandle like, flats, heels, etc. I thought about getting a pair in my accent color but have decided I will not have myfeet showing for any reason now that I have some horrible scars on my foot/ankle

So I had actually looked through your PJ once before but never got the chance to comment! Anyway, I think your plans look great! Here are a few of my thoughts:

* First of all, I am inspired by you and your husband. You have not only stayed together but stayed together through so much - you deserve this VR and don't listen to anyone that tells you otherwise! :hugs:
* Can't wait to see what outfit you put your sons in! My twin cousins were my ring bearers and they wore these really cute blue/gray/black suits from JC Penney that were really affordable. I think the blue they wore is pretty similar to the blue you are using!
* The vinylmation soaps are so cute, I love them!
* Your dress is absolutely gorgeous, and you look stunning in it!
* So sorry your parents are giving you such a hard time. :( That is just awful, their attitude is terrible and I'm sorry you have to deal with that.
* I had a pair of the Payless unforgettable moments shoes in white for my wedding and they were really pretty! I was very happy with them.

Sorry its taking me so long to respond to everyone. I'm prepping for R&R in a few days :-)scared1::banana::cool1::yay::dance3::woohoo:)

TY Everyone. I'm sooooo happy to be doing this and I honestly am past the point of caring what my parents think...and I've told them that (break through...lol). TY for all the kind words.

As far as the outfit for the boys...OMG IDK what to do...LOL. I'm thinking Easter may be my best bet. They are growing like weeds, so I know I will have to get something closer to the date. Even their shoes are too small that I bought at Easter this year. My youngest might fit my oldest's shoes from this year, but that might be pushing it by then. He went from a size 7/8 to an 11 since Easter.

So I had actually looked through your PJ once before but never got the chance to comment! Anyway, I think your plans look great! Here are a few of my thoughts:

* First of all, I am inspired by you and your husband. You have not only stayed together but stayed together through so much - you deserve this VR and don't listen to anyone that tells you otherwise! :hugs:
* Can't wait to see what outfit you put your sons in! My twin cousins were my ring bearers and they wore these really cute blue/gray/black suits from JC Penney that were really affordable. I think the blue they wore is pretty similar to the blue you are using!
* The vinylmation soaps are so cute, I love them!
* Your dress is absolutely gorgeous, and you look stunning in it!
* So sorry your parents are giving you such a hard time. :( That is just awful, their attitude is terrible and I'm sorry you have to deal with that.
* I had a pair of the Payless unforgettable moments shoes in white for my wedding and they were really pretty! I was very happy with them.

Just going to say...I'm going nuts waiting on him to get here. We havent talked since Tuesday night, so I'm hoping I do hear from him soon w/ the come pick me up!!!!

Just going to say...I'm going nuts waiting on him to get here. We havent talked since Tuesday night, so I'm hoping I do hear from him soon w/ the come pick me up!!!!

:banana::woohoo::yay:

I know your feeling. Last time I talked to hubby was Thursday afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter