• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Like...They are Going with STRANGERS?!?! Sayonara Part 1- Join Us on the new thread!

What would you do with the $350??

• Upgrade our resort

• Spend it on 2 signature dinners

• Get park hoppers and 1 signature dinner

• See Cirque du Soleil

• Rent a car

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted for upgrade resort... but now that I'm thinking about it $350 might not be enough for the upgrade... So maybe you can get a massage one day and have a nice signature dinner. Or you can do the un-fun thing(is that a word?) and just put your $350 towards the trip and don't add anything extra. But that would be the un-DIS thing to do!!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOL:badpc:

Or you can do the un-fun thing(is that a word?) and just put your $350 towards the trip and don't add anything extra. But that would be the un-DIS thing to do!!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOL:badpc:

:scared1:

Apply it to the trip???? ?!?!?!??!

:eek:

:sad2:

(j/k)

I voted for upgrade resort... but now that I'm thinking about it $350 might not be enough for the upgrade... So maybe you can get a massage one day and have a nice signature dinner. Or you can do the un-fun thing(is that a word?) and just put your $350 towards the trip and don't add anything extra. But that would be the un-DIS thing to do!!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOL:badpc:

Yes, I could certainly do that, and that would be the sensible thing to do. But, then what would become of all those monthly deposits I'm making now?? Either way, it's extra, unless I stop doing the regular saving thing. Right, or does this fall squarely in the fuzzy Disney math thought process?

:scared1:

Apply it to the trip???? ?!?!?!??!

:eek:

:sad2:

(j/k)

Yes, no matter how you look at it- it's goin' toward the trip. Someway or another, the Mouse is gettin' the money! :laughing:

TC3 Soldier #3 has WON the school board election by 2% (or 300 or so) votes!! Thanks to all of you who were thinking of her! I know it meant a lot to her.

Now, since you couldn't vote for LeeAnn, PLEASE go and vote on our special election poll here in our thread in honor of her victory!:thumbsup2

You're probably asking what this has to do with our trip to the World, but now that she has won this election, and it is behind her, we are really hoping that she can now join us in our fun here on the boards. Let's hope she is inclinded to acquiesce to our request
!

Just joining in and going back to read all about it! (I hopped over from Kathy's report when I read your comment about lurker/poster ratio...:laughing: - I know how that is.....comments from readers are like crack to us trip report writers!) :scared:

I'm here and along for the ride! It sounds like some great plans so far! :cool1:

Will be back after I have read a little bit more and can make some kind of "real" comments! :)

Sara

Yes....crack...:rotfl:

I am so excited for LeeAnn!! Woot Woot!

:cheer2: :dance3: :cool1: :yay: :woohoo: :dance3: :cheer2: :cheer2:

And I already voted! So I am off the hook! ;)

TC3 Soldier #3 has WON the school board election by 2% (or 300 or so) votes!! Thanks to all of you who were thinking of her! I know it meant a lot to her.

Now, since you couldn't vote for LeeAnn, PLEASE go and vote on our special election poll here in our thread in honor of her victory!:thumbsup2

You're probably asking what this has to do with our trip to the World, but now that she has won this election, and it is behind her, we are really hoping that she can now join us in our fun here on the boards. Let's hope she is inclinded to acquiesce to our request!

Way to go LeeAnn! I voted in your poll! I think you should go for park hoppers. I could not live without mine while at Disney!

Congratulations, LeeAnn!

Now, come out and play!! :goodvibes

Kathy

Here, Here!!

Just joining in and going back to read all about it! (I hopped over from Kathy's report when I read your comment about lurker/poster ratio...:laughing: - I know how that is.....comments from readers are like crack to us trip report writers!) :scared:

Sara

Hi Sara! Welcome!! :welcome: It sure is, isn't it?? Got some more?!

Yes....crack...:rotfl:

I am so excited for LeeAnn!! Woot Woot!

And I already voted! So I am off the hook! ;)

Me too! I skyped her twice yesterday, and she was having a mimosa to celebrate!! I looked at the election results just now, and she actually took a larger lead as the counting went on. She took 54% of the vote!

Way to go LeeAnn! I voted in your poll! I think you should go for park hoppers. I could not live without mine while at Disney!

I am becoming more and MORE used to this idea of park hopping, and I'm almost convinced that's the way to go. Time for some more fuzzy Disney math, I think!

There has never been a cause fought without some sort of perceived enemy. People for centuries have fought long and hard for things like territory, ideals, profits, even slave labor!! Let's journey together on a very noble cause, not over such petty and mundane things like natural resources or lower taxes, but freedom!!

FREEDOM, my friends! What would you give for a week of freedom in a place you loved, and the ability to do whatever you little ole' heart desired?? Would you fight for the resources to have it?? Would you inconvenience yourself for just a little while? Would you stay up late planning and plotting; place yourself in the tenuous situation of being placed on hold with Disney Dining, not knowing when, or even if, you'll get your much desired ADRs?? Since you are reading this, we must assume that indeed you would do all this and more!

So, a week of freedom?? This begs the question--- "Freedom from WHAT?"

We all have our enemies of daily life. They can (not always, but sometimes) wear us out, make us tired, and seem to never end. You have yours, maroo has hers, LeeAnn has hers, and I certainly have mine. Let me take you on a visual tour of my little personal enemies.

My first enemy is simply the environment I live in. There is very little that is beautiful about the area I live in. I crave a beautiful, green, well attended haven to rest in-just for a little while!! Topiaries, flowers, fountains, and clean water, here I come!

How about the mundane chore of cooking?? Generally, I really like to cook and generally, I can cook up some pretty good meals with the EXTREMELY limited ingredients I can get here. But PLEASE! understand me! I would LOVE for someone ELSE to do the cooking for me for just one week! ADR's, World Showcase restaurants, pork anything, green salad haven, here I come!

Partly because I'd do it anyway, and partly because we really have no other choice here in our isolated city, I homeschool. I love my kids- each one; but once in while, I'd like to sneak away and leave the books behind. Instead, I will study hydroponic growing techniques in The Land, the effects of gravity on Expedition Everest, and centrifugal force on The Teacups. How's that for a change of homeschool pace?

Laundry. I'll bet not one single person who reads this actually likes laundry, or would trade it for a week of not doing it! Here there are NO dryers, we use the sun and all it's glory and our 2 arms to get what we wear dry. Wanna know how many times we've with our own hands, had to fix our washing machine?? 3! Do you think DH will get me a new one, even though it sounds like a jet plane taking off in my bathroom?? Please, take me away, Calgon!

So what are you personal "reasons" for taking a week away at a very special place?? I know escaping the "enemies" are only a small part of why I would choose this as a prize.

maroo, what are yours??

In the next couple of weeks, I'd like to share with you all, the other things about my chosen prize, that draw me to it. I know you will ALL identify with many of them, if not all.

Come one and all, we invite you to tell us the things you really love to declare your freedom from when you hit the road to our favorite place.

P.S. maroo thought I should say it once again, or at least remind you, that I live overseas in Blank-a-stan. The pictures make it look like we are poor folk, but we aren't. That stove is the ONLY size they sell here, it REALLY does look like that outside, there really ARE NO dryers for sale here yet, and the nearest school that teaches in English is 900 miles away! We are very, very isolated, but not very, very poor.

haven't really been around for a while, but y'all are too funny.
Yeah, on the extra $$.
Congrats LeeAnn on the win.
and I'm having fun reading about all your plans and strategies.

I had to vote for 2 signature dinners. Leisa's last post made me feel for her. It must be so difficult to cook a nice meal, or even have a nice meal cooked for you on that dinky little stove.:eek:

:laundy: and to have to hang your laundry out to dry. You need a week off from your daily enemies.:hug:

haven't really been around for a while, but y'all are too funny.
Yeah, on the extra $$.
Congrats LeeAnn on the win.
and I'm having fun reading about all your plans and strategies.

Glad you are back! And, yeah, we're pretty excited about the extra cashola! I can think of a thousand ways to spend it, and I'm sure your input will certainly help! :dance3: Glad we can entertain you some! :happytv:
I had to vote for 2 signature dinners. Leisa's last post made me feel for her. It must be so difficult to cook a nice meal, or even have a nice meal cooked for you on that dinky little stove.:eek:

:laundy: and to have to hang your laundry out to dry. You need a week off from your daily enemies.:hug:

I've actually gotten used to having to use this pathetic excuse for a stove. In fact, I just cooked some Chinese food that wasn't too bad. But, here's one thing I really want to do in this Pre-Trippie. One way I've been passing the time in anticipation is trying out some recipes that scream Disney. So, in the coming weeks and months, I want to offer a little food art, a la, homecooked in XXXx-Stan- complete with recipes and all. When I do that, remember WHAT I am trying to cook that Tonga Toast on, okay.

Yes, I NEED a week off! At least one siggie dinner, here I come!

Instead, I will study hydroponic growing techniques in The Land, the effects of gravity on Expedition Everest, and centrifugal force on The Teacups. How's that for a change of homeschool pace?

This is just hilarious!!!! And you know I don't do Teacups...:sad2: Right, right? :lmao: But I will be glad to take your picture while you are on them so you can explain to your children the properties of the centrifugal forces that you were experiencing at the time! :thumbsup2

Do you think DH will get me a new one, even though it sounds like a jet plane taking off in my bathroom?? Please, take me away, Calgon!

:lmao:

maroo, what are yours??

Hmm.... this is going to take some thinking... :scratchin

I think you forgot an enemy...

The COLD...the frigid, frigid cold in your area!! Tell these people what your average temperature is in your area in the winter. Maybe it is because I am from the warm south...but...people...it is COLD there!!! :goodvibes = me shivering!!

This is just hilarious!!!! And you know I don't do Teacups...:sad2: Right, right? :lmao: But I will be glad to take your picture while you are on them so you can explain to your children the properties of the centrifugal forces that you were experiencing at the time! :thumbsup2

:lmao:

Hmm.... this is going to take some thinking... :scratchin

I think you forgot an enemy...

The COLD...the frigid, frigid cold in your area!! Tell these people what your average temperature is in your area in the winter. Maybe it is because I am from the warm south...but...people...it is COLD there!!! :goodvibes = me shivering!!

Yes, I KNOW you don't ride the teacups!! There was quite a big to-do with Sarah, if I remember right :rolleyes1 So, you just take a good picture of us spinning maniacs, k?

Yes, I did not mention the weather! It is over the top crappy! Like 110F summertime, and - (yes, that is a minus sign) 20F or 30F (we even had -50F one year) in the winter. In say about August 1st and Jan 15th, I could say that the weather is Soldier #1's worst Enemy! :scared:

Yes, I did not mention the weather! It is over the top crappy! Like 110F summertime, and - (yes, that is a minus sign) 20F or 30F (we even had -50F one year) in the winter. In say about August 1st and Jan 15th, I could say that the weather is Soldier #1's worst Enemy! :scared:

:rolleyes1 on the Teacups! :)

Just for kicks, I looked up our average temperature here in Mississippi...where I am from...in the sticky south!

During the summer we average 92F...but the humidity would knock you over! It really can get HOT!

But during the winter, our average minimum temperature is above 32F! Which I why I think -20F and -30F is just crazy cold!!

So I would definitely consider THAT an enemy!

One way I've been passing the time in anticipation is trying out some recipes that scream Disney. So, in the coming weeks and months, I want to offer a little food art, a la, homecooked in XXXx-Stan- complete with recipes and all. When I do that, remember WHAT I am trying to cook that Tonga Toast on, okay.

Yes, I NEED a week off! At least one siggie dinner, here I come!

I do not live in XXXXXX-Stan, but I too have been trying my hand at Disney recipes....I made Tonga Toast for dinner the other night...mmmmm that recipe is a keeper!
Last night I made the bread from Ohana and the honey lime salad dressing to serve at a ladies night tonight at my house. Yummmy! Has anyone else made the bread from Ohana? If so I have a question.

All7ofus Please share with us your adventures in cooking disney style! I would love to hear more!

All7OfUs....
I don't know if I missed this part but what are you doing in XxXxXxXx-astan? Why the move? Why are you staying there?

(If you don't want to answer it's OK... I was just wondering? :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter