Like...They are Going with STRANGERS?!?! Sayonara Part 1- Join Us on the new thread!

What would you do with the $350??

• Upgrade our resort

• Spend it on 2 signature dinners

• Get park hoppers and 1 signature dinner

• See Cirque du Soleil

• Rent a car

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Subscribing trying to catch up popcorn::.

After a whiz, bang start, I don't think you'll have too hard of a time keeping caught up. My internet is very much hit and miss- you know how developing countries are... :sad2: Plus, with homeschooling and lots going on this month, I won't be able to update more than once or twice a week. But, cross my heart, I promise to answer EVERYONE who posts!!! REALLY!

I'm in! :hippie:

Can't wait to hear all about the plans. Sounds like the trip is going to be interesting.

Yippee! Another soldier amongst our ranks! Put on your rucksack, this could be a bumpy ride. (I'm a huge old movies fan! Can you guess which movie I am alluding to?)

It's actually been a blessing that I didn't win given the 'politics' in my town :lmao:. I'm thinking of trying another time for a different position. It gives me hope to hear LeAnn is trying again:woohoo:.

I must stand corrected!!! I talked again with LeeAnn just to get my facts confirmed, and I was wrong, I missed a zero, as she really lost by only a hundred votes. So, see, maybe despite your politics and only losing by 21, you should run again too! You never know! :cheer2:

Now I always THOUGHT Mary was going a bit OTT about Disney since she went in October......Now I KNOW SHE IS!!:lmao::lmao:
I seems either she is dragging other people down with her or the other people are encouraging her in her obsession.
If only someone would encourage me:rotfl::rotfl:

I am along for the ride, I wouldn't miss it for the world :)

Okay, I'll sign up! I will encourage you in your obsession- wanna meet up with us in Sept, 2010?? Now, was that so hard?? I'm pretty good at dragging, er, recruiting! :lmao: Really, it wasn't too hard to take maroo down with me! :rotfl2:

Aha! I found a clue to your plans in Maroo's latest ticker!!! :ssst:

Kathy

OH, you clever girl you! SHHH! That too is classified information. There will be LOADS of plans coming up, you've only seen the tip of the iceberg!

PTRs with craziness and battles are the best kind, should be extremely interesting to watch it all unfold. popcorn:::thumbsup2

Enjoying yours too! That's a long drive, for sure. We just had some folks from your neck of the woods come through to adopt- from here it's a 3 day trip home to Winn.! :scared1:

Yippee! Another soldier amongst our ranks! Put on your rucksack, this could be a bumpy ride. (I'm a huge old movies fan! Can you guess which movie I am alluding to?)

I just love :goodvibes All About Eve! Bette Davis is nothing but fierce in that film. Hands down one of my absolute favs.

:cheer2::cheer2:The first prize goes to: :cheer2::cheer2:

If U Had Wings

I am stunned, and thrilled!!! I can't believe it, a fellow old movies fan! Bette Davis rocks in All About Eve! Doesn't Addison DeWitt creep you out??!! I think you should definitely plan on meeting up with us NEXT Sept!! I can envision a ride of the Great Movies ride together :woohoo: For your correct answer you deserve a treat from Starring Rolls! :banana:

WOW! I have a lot to catch up on! :)

Oooh, great to meet the other 2 soldiers!!!

Hi :wave2:

Maroo - I read your wish trip TR today and it was so wonderful!!!! The rainbow made me cry!!

Aw...thank you! We had a wonderful trip!! :hug:

Wow! Planning this one is going to be interesting... you guys really do need an Operational Plan!! :thumbsup2

Can't wait for it to unfold before our eyes!!

Kathy

We sure do! I think Leisa is in charge of that. :rotfl:

i'm here and subscribed , one more to add to my user cp but i must admit, i am going to have to give up my part time job if i keep subbing to threads, just curious but how many do you guys subscribe to? especially you maroo? because i think you have everyone i have and more. lol cant wait to hear all about this adventure

Oh, sister...You really don't want to know. I have categories...My threads - I think I have 5 right now? Then I have Wish Families and Trips - About 30 or more; WISH (We're Inspired to Stay Healthy) - About 10; Regular TR's and pre-trippies - About 15; and other swap, information, waiting on hours, etc threads.... Right now I have over 130 subscriptions...but most of those are not active. But PLENTY are very active!

But I have a job that requires me to hold on the phone for hours a day and I am a major multitasker (and also work only 30 hours a week at my regular job), so I have lots of time, too!

add me to the list :lovestruc

You guys are really making me laugh!!!

We need a saluting smilie!! :wave:

That is a great idea!! I am sure there is one on the internet somewhere...

Wow, great start! I'm completely hooked already!

Woo Hoo! Welcome!!

Subscribing trying to catch up.

Yeah...I am trying to catch up, too! :rotfl:

I'm in! :hippie:

Can't wait to hear all about the plans. Sounds like the trip is going to be interesting.

Definitely!

Now I always THOUGHT Mary was going a bit OTT about Disney since she went in October......Now I KNOW SHE IS!!
I seems either she is dragging other people down with her or the other people are encouraging her in her obsession.
If only someone would encourage me:rotfl::rotfl:

I am along for the ride, I wouldn't miss it for the world :)

What is OTT? :) I seriously don't know what that stands for! :) LOL

THIS one...Is all Leisa's fault!!! :)

You want to join us? We can make this a GROUP trip! 5 more people and we have a "Grand Gathering!" :lmao:

Aha! I found a clue to your plans in Maroo's latest ticker!!! :ssst:

Kathy

Don't get your hopes up...I just picked a picture! ;)

PTRs with craziness and battles are the best kind, should be extremely interesting to watch it all unfold. popcorn:::thumbsup2

We are DEFINITELY crazy! :) lol

WOW! I have a lot to catch up on! :)

What is OTT? :) I seriously don't know what that stands for! :) LOL

THIS one...Is all Leisa's fault!!! :)

You want to join us? We can make this a GROUP trip! 5 more people and we have a "Grand Gathering!" :lmao:

We are DEFINITELY crazy! :) lol

OTT = Over The Top :) :)

Wish like crazy I could join you

Most wars are not fought and won in one day. The American Civil War lasted a grueling 4 years, and the War for Independence was waged for a staggering 8!

I take you now to the battlefields of the TC3...

A long and hard fight is ahead of us, and yesterday, Major Battle #2 (if you'll recall, Major Battle #1 was finding just the right compatriots) was fought and almost won. (I suspect a second go-around will ensue to complete the victory). But first a little history- afterall, aren't most wars a result of a complicated chronicle leading up to them??

As I mentioned in my introduction, my DH is definitely NOT on the same page as all of us who hang out here. I wouldn't say that he HATES a Disney vacation, but he has only been to ANY of the parks a total of 1 day. He just feels that a vacation set in a naturally beautiful setting (ie. camping) is what he'd rather do. That's fine. I like camping; we've camped for many years together. But, I like a vacation full of good eating and sleeping in a real bed, and being in my childhood "Happy Place" too! Let's face it, air mattresses and lunchmeat sandwiches on vacation is fine once in a while.

The other reason that he is reluctant to give his full blessing to indulging my Disney obsession is the funding factor. Okay, fair enough. He has to find finances for his own battles of being equipped to climb his mountains and SCUBA dive here and there. I can understand that. So, I knew I was going to have to tiptoe around this quest and fight it in stages.

So, 4 months ago, I "lobbied" for one of us (Duh, ME!) to travel back to the States to help get our oldest son moved and settled into university. I have no idea where that will be yet, but I have some pretty good ideas. So, he consented to that. Yes, one of us needs to be there to sign any papers (can you say, "Gee, let's sign our lives away now, and go into deep debt") and help him move into his dorm room and meet his roommate, and all those things that you do when your first offspring moves out into the great big world.

Then, about 2 months ago, in a stunning tactical move, I announced that my sisters and I were planning a "little getaway for just the 3 of us". I think at that point he was beginning to wonder if this was indeed turning into a Disney visit. Oh Gosh! If he only knew!!!! Again, no resistance, so I was clear to proceed a little more. Dude, your infrastructure is crashing down all around you, and you don't even know it!!

Now came the trickiest part. I knew I was about to drive my Humvee right through a thick minefield of unexploded bombs- ironically, I was the one about to drop one! You see, LeeAnn is our pastor's wife. He happens to be, in some ways, our boss! They also happen to be our best friends, and he does call occasionally to say hi, how ya doin', and all that. SERIOUSLY, people, for a month I had been laying awake at night with terrifying visions of him calling while we were revelling in our victory at WDW and spilling the beans!! Can you imagine?!
Dan- "Hey, I guess our wives are having a great time at WDW??"
Mike- "Uhhh, where?"
Dan- "You know, this vacation they'ev been planning for over a year and a half..."
Mike- "No, I didn't know anything about it. "

Okay, a little awkward, right??

So, you see I just had to come clean. There was no way around it. Besides, it is the right thing to do. right?

So, after making him the best Thai meal we've had in a long time (butter up the enemy, right??) I asked him to sit with me for a while. Please, honey, come sit in my minefield with me for a while, won't you?

Me- "You know... I was talking with LeeAnn this morning..."
DH- "Oh yeah? What'd she say?"
Me- "Well, I asked her to come out to the East Coast while I'm in the States next year, and she said yes."
DH- "Really? All the way to the East Coast?"
Me- "Yeah, and wherever my sisters and I go, she'll go too."
DH- "That's nice."
Me- "By the way, you know that we haven't ruled out Disney World yet."
DH- "Uh, yeah, I had sorta figured that."
Me- "Okay, great..." long, long silence ensues of contemplating if I should say more. No way Jose', we're leaving it at that for now. It's out there, and phase 2 of this one will have to wait for another day.

So there you have it. If LeeAnn's DH blabs, it's no big deal, I feel better, I have no more night terrors, and my sisters can (okay, they already have!) back out at any time. Trust me, we'll get there- but this has to be fought like all successful wars- with good tactical moves and slow deliberate progress!

I love the tactical thinking. I kind of did the same thing with my husband, but he loves Disney - just not the price. I went to Disney Days at AAA in January and priced a vacation. I reserved it for the complimentary 24 hours and took the prices home to him. It was when they were having the buy four get three free deal, but you still had to pay for food and it was expensive. Then about 3 weeks later Disney sent me an email with free dining for the fall and he said we could book it. He also said that we had to have so much saved by May 1st or he would cancel it. However, I knew once it was booked it would stay. We did save all of the money for the trip and the trip is on. It is too funny the way you have to approach things with husbands! :laughing:

Ok...so...I took a night off from the DIS...and I missed a MAJOR update! A MAJOR battle being waged on the Disney front! :scared1: Admittedly, I already knew how this battle played out, but to see you write about it is so entertaining! :thumbsup2

Please, honey, come sit in my minefield with me for a while, won't you?

And THAT...is just full on funny! :rotfl: :rotfl2:

OTT = Over The Top :) :)

Wish like crazy I could join you

I wish you guys could join me, too!!! :hug:

I'm here for this one too. Just got caught up.

Woo Hoo!! :woohoo: :yay: :woohoo: :yay:

Welcome, welcome!! :)

Well, if that isn't the understatement of the year!! :rotfl2:

Kathy

True. Very true!

You crack me up!:lmao: But you know you just told all the DH's out there exactly how our female brains work! :rotfl2:

Uh oh! Don't tell!!!

I love the tactical thinking. I kind of did the same thing with my husband, but he loves Disney - just not the price. I went to Disney Days at AAA in January and priced a vacation. I reserved it for the complimentary 24 hours and took the prices home to him. It was when they were having the buy four get three free deal, but you still had to pay for food and it was expensive. Then about 3 weeks later Disney sent me an email with free dining for the fall and he said we could book it. He also said that we had to have so much saved by May 1st or he would cancel it. However, I knew once it was booked it would stay. We did save all of the money for the trip and the trip is on. It is too funny the way you have to approach things with husbands! :laughing:

Isn't Free Dining AWESOME!!! ;)

Oh yeah, Leisa...

Today is your birthday!!!! Right, Right? Or is it tomorrow? Is it already tomorrow there?!?!

At any rate....

:bday:

And :cake: - Since it will be hard to get some to you across the world...

And a little party for ya, too!

party: :rockband: :jumping1: party: :rockband:

Yes, you let the cat out of the bag. Today WAS my birthday (we are going to bed, and you are all about to eat lunch) and guess what? Okay, I know I am dense sometimes, but can I tell you something that is too funny for words?? For the entire last year, I thought I was 43- I EVEN told you on the phone I was, and my mom reminded me (actually just made me do the math) that I am NOW 43!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I mean seriously, at this age you'd think I would be able to figure something like this out. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

So, for all of you who really have to know, I am 43 - again.

HA!

So, 4 months ago, I "lobbied" for one of us (Duh, ME!) to travel back to the States to help get our oldest son moved and settled into university. I have no idea where that will be yet, but I have some pretty good ideas. So, he consented to that. Yes, one of us needs to be there to sign any papers (can you say, "Gee, let's sign our lives away now, and go into deep debt") and help him move into his dorm room and meet his roommate, and all those things that you do when your first offspring moves out into the great big world.

Then, about 2 months ago, in a stunning tactical move, I announced that my sisters and I were planning a "little getaway for just the 3 of us". I think at that point he was beginning to wonder if this was indeed turning into a Disney visit. Oh Gosh! If he only knew!!!! Again, no resistance, so I was clear to proceed a little more. Dude, your infrastructure is crashing down all around you, and you don't even know it!!

Now came the trickiest part. I knew I was about to drive my Humvee right through a thick minefield of unexploded bombs- ironically, I was the one about to drop one! You see, LeeAnn is our pastor's wife. He happens to be, in some ways, our boss! They also happen to be our best friends, and he does call occasionally to say hi, how ya doin', and all that. SERIOUSLY, people, for a month I had been laying awake at night with terrifying visions of him calling while we were revelling in our victory at WDW and spilling the beans!! Can you imagine?!
Dan- "Hey, I guess our wives are having a great time at WDW??"
Mike- "Uhhh, where?"
Dan- "You know, this vacation they'ev been planning for over a year and a half..."
Mike- "No, I didn't know anything about it. "

Okay, a little awkward, right??

So, you see I just had to come clean. There was no way around it. Besides, it is the right thing to do. right?

So, after making him the best Thai meal we've had in a long time (butter up the enemy, right??) I asked him to sit with me for a while. Please, honey, come sit in my minefield with me for a while, won't you?

Me- "You know... I was talking with LeeAnn this morning..."
DH- "Oh yeah? What'd she say?"
Me- "Well, I asked her to come out to the East Coast while I'm in the States next year, and she said yes."
DH- "Really? All the way to the East Coast?"
Me- "Yeah, and wherever my sisters and I go, she'll go too."
DH- "That's nice."
Me- "By the way, you know that we haven't ruled out Disney World yet."
DH- "Uh, yeah, I had sorta figured that."
Me- "Okay, great..." long, long silence ensues of contemplating if I should say more. No way Jose', we're leaving it at that for now. It's out there, and phase 2 of this one will have to wait for another day.

So there you have it. If LeeAnn's DH blabs, it's no big deal, I feel better, I have no more night terrors, and my sisters can (okay, they already have!) back out at any time. Trust me, we'll get there- but this has to be fought like all successful wars- with good tactical moves and slow deliberate progress!

You are very sneaky........ I Love it!!! LOL (and I'm a guy! LOL:lmao:)
Sounds like your hubby already knows what you've been up to!:rolleyes1

PS. Happy Birthday!!

party::bday:party:

Ok, that last post about the battle waged...:rotfl:...I am TOTALLy cracking up!

But not sharing your Disney obsession??????? :confused3 That's gotta be tough on the marriage! :rotfl2:

I'm here for this one too. Just got caught up.
So glad to have you with us!

You crack me up!:lmao: But you know you just told all the DH's out there exactly how our female brains work! :rotfl2:

I know, I know, but the story just begged to be told!

Well, if that isn't the understatement of the year!! :rotfl2:

Kathy

Wasn't it though? Geez, if he only knew!

OOOHHH! I love all of your tactical moves- they are so cunning! I'm leaving the financial figuring to maroo, cuz, frankly, Disney has effectively made it so that I just can't. but by the time we've won all of our battles and it's time to grab our spoils of war, I'll have all I need saved up. :banana:

Ok...so...I took a night off from the DIS...and I missed a MAJOR update! A MAJOR battle being waged on the Disney front! :scared1: Admittedly, I already knew how this battle played out, but to see you write about it is so entertaining! :thumbsup2

And THAT...is just full on funny! :rotfl: :rotfl2:

I know, I should have warned you about the update, but you DO have to work sometimes :) :rotfl2: I can't feed your obsession ALL the time, ya know. :lmao:

You are very sneaky........ I Love it!!! LOL (and I'm a guy! LOL:lmao:)
Sounds like your hubby already knows what you've been up to!:rolleyes1

PS. Happy Birthday!!

You know, I sort of half expected you to flame me, just a little :) JK! But, as Wide Receiver said, I did sort of spill the beans on how we female types think. And yes, I definitely think he knows more than he let on. HA!

party::bday:party:

Ok, that last post about the battle waged...:rotfl:...I am TOTALLy cracking up!

But not sharing your Disney obsession??????? :confused3 That's gotta be tough on the marriage! :rotfl2:

yeah, I just have to know when to back off on talking up all of my future trips!

You guys totally just put a smile on my face.

This is Hilarious!

So glad you are enjoying our battles with us. Afterall, planning a trip takes a lot of fancy footwork, doesn't it??

It's a given fact that any war effort takes HUGE amounts of funding- and some more than others! During World War II, the American Government sold war bonds, and citizens were expected to (and they actually happily participated in) recycling rubber and metal for the effort. Anyone ready to grow a Victory Garden to help fund the Iraq War?? During the Revolutionary War, property was confiscated, and soldiers camped in civilian's homes. How about a soldier or 4 living in your den??

Now, we come to the hard fought fight of getting oneself financed for a week at a Disney Resort. Let's face it, a reality of life is that some make a higher salary than others. Those with a modest income must fight their war harder in some ways to be victorious- and planning must be a bit more creative. Of course, along the way a genious stroke of luck doesn't hurt either!!!!

Let's examine Soldier #1's clever means of financing her personal war of claiming the prize of my WEEK OF FREEDOM!

(This particular update was scheduled for much later in the progression of things, but a stupendously wonderful thing happened this week, that I just HAD to share, and ties in directly with this whole topic of wartime financing.)

Early on, in fact several months ago when the TC3 was forming, I had determined to save a fixed amount that I would trade into dollars and have hand carried out by travellers through our city. This would in turn be deposited into my super-secret, brand new Freedom Fighters account. I figured it would grow to just the right budgeted amount, which included enough money for all the little extras that I thought I wanted for this trip. NO, I won't let any secrets slip out on accident here! You will definitely have to wait for any of those tactical moves to be revealed. But, let's just say, I was set to have a great time if this monthly transaction happened regularly. Now, this money would cover the basics of a good time with some frills, but imagine what happens when a sypathetic comrade comes along and helps finance the war effort through say, a birthday gift, or hey, how about a Christmas bonus? That my friends, is gravy! Maybe it means a fancy, schmancy pants dessert at one of our chosen mess halls, or maybe it's an extra souvenir I have my heart set on. You never know...

But, here's the late breaking news... Two weeks ago, I got a letter saying that an account I had opened 2 years ago for financing last year's trip, was going to start charging me $8.95 a month for a maintenance fee. Huh?? I closed that when we left last May! Strange- must have their records wrong... Circular filed!

Fast forward.... to this week. An e-mail comes. Hey, they are going to start charging you $8.95, and they haven't heard from you. What should I do? (This from our POA) Ummm... you'll have to go to the bank, and explain that we don't live in the US, that that account was closed over a year ago, and I have no idea where they are going to get $8.95 a month, cuz' it ain't there!

GUESS WHAT?! They never closed that account AND there was over $350 in it!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! BONUS in the biggest of ways!!!! First priority is to (with joy) give 10% back to the One who gives good gifts, then stash the rest into above mentioned super-secret Freedom Fighters account. I'd say if the regular money is still stashed away faithfully, and the friendlies still give an occasional goody- bonus, AND I add in this "Holy Cow, I never expected THAT!" surprise, I'll be pretty set for a pretty Bombastic time! In fact, I might have some left over in this account for them to "forget" to close it, and end up being a super cool surprise for a 2011 trip!

Until Next Time, Your Faithful TC3 Soldier #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter