Life's a Happy Song When There's Someone by my Side to Sing Along* TR started! *

First off, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

I'm not gonna lie, I totally teared up looking at some of those pictures! You both looked beautiful! It's a shame Jess wasn't feeling well, but it sounded like you guys made the most out of it and had a good time anyway :) I can't believe that will be my fiancé and I in a little less than 3 months...I'm going to be a wreck, lol!

Also, 14 days!!! That's so soon!!! It's all so exciting I want to add a banana dance here but I can't on my iPad, hahaha!

Hi! Hopping on board! Can't wait to read your PTR!

:woohoo:

Thanks for joining :)

Best of luck today! If your weather is anything like ours here, you're going to have a seriously perfect day for it. I wish you both all the best today! I hope to see some pictures some time!
I can't believe you're on the Dis the morning of your wedding! Cool as a cucumber, girl! I was a little frazzled.
I know the photowall willl be a hit! Especially as everyone drinks a little more, the pictures get better and better. :thumbsup2 hehehe.

The weather for the day (and the rest of the week end) was PERFECT! Not a cloud in sight. The pictures from the wedding are up :)

Have a wonderful day! :lovestruc
Thanks, it really was wonderful.

First off, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

I'm not gonna lie, I totally teared up looking at some of those pictures! You both looked beautiful! It's a shame Jess wasn't feeling well, but it sounded like you guys made the most out of it and had a good time anyway :) I can't believe that will be my fiancé and I in a little less than 3 months...I'm going to be a wreck, lol!

Also, 14 days!!! That's so soon!!! It's all so exciting I want to add a banana dance here but I can't on my iPad, hahaha!

Those 3 months are going to fly by. Enjoy every second of it!

Congratulations!

So, do you feel any different being an old married woman? :-)rotfl2: Sorry, had to ask! I got that question every day for about a month. I still get it sometimes and I'm closing in on my 2nd anniversary!)

Your special day was absolutely gorgeous, I definitely got a tear in my eye looking at your pictures! You were both just stunning, and I love that you didn't match, per se, but you coordinated SO well! :bride:

The picture of the two of you with the water behind is fantastic. :thumbsup2

Too bad Jess started her day so badly, but you can't tell in her pictures. She looks happy and glowing, no trace of flu in those eyes! :thumbsup2

So now you're super close to your honeymoon! I can't wait, I'm so excited to hear all about it!

Congratulations!

So, do you feel any different being an old married woman? :-)rotfl2: Sorry, had to ask! I got that question every day for about a month. I still get it sometimes and I'm closing in on my 2nd anniversary!)

Your special day was absolutely gorgeous, I definitely got a tear in my eye looking at your pictures! You were both just stunning, and I love that you didn't match, per se, but you coordinated SO well! :bride:

The picture of the two of you with the water behind is fantastic. :thumbsup2

Too bad Jess started her day so badly, but you can't tell in her pictures. She looks happy and glowing, no trace of flu in those eyes! :thumbsup2

So now you're super close to your honeymoon! I can't wait, I'm so excited to hear all about it!

Thanks :) It does feel amazing (I have also had my share of people ask me that). I was surprised at home well we coordinated considering we didn't see each other's dress until I saw her walk down the aisle. Her cottage is such a gorgeous area for pictures I can't wait to see our photographer's pictures. Jess will be happy to hear that she doesn't look sick, it's one of her fears I think. :cheer2: 12 days! :cheer2:

Soundtrack: Not Disney but my new favorite song: Fun.: Carry On (Acoustic)

Real Life Update:
So the wedding is in a week. My to-do list keeps getting longer and longer even though I keep checking stuff off. I'm looking forward to getting all the prep work done and then enjoying the day. We are taking a day off tomorrow because it's our bachelorette :cool1:! I almost NEVER drink so it should be interesting! :scratchin
I'll try and update to let you guys know if I survive :P.

Disney Update:

I got something pretty awesome in the mail earlier this week!

MICKEY MAIL!!!!

MickeyMail.jpg

I LOVE the luggage tags this year. My dad was really impressed with the 3D effect. It is well done this year. The Disney envelope was a welcomed changed from all the wedding stuff we've been doing lately.

Well that's it for today because I've got too much else to do. I'll try to update once more before the wedding but afterwards I'll be back with plenty of Disney related goodness.

Thanks for reading. Wish me luck tomorrow ;) pixiedust:

Yay for Mickey Mail! I just got mine today. Strangely enough, I didn't get that little blue booklet with Mickey on it. I see it still in the envelope in the background. I wonder why ours are different :confused3
I'm wondering if it's because your are in Canada and I'm in the U.S.
My envelope doesn't have "Magical Express" on the corner but rather a Cinderella castle. Hmm...

disney-inspired said:
Yay for Mickey Mail! I just got mine today. Strangely enough, I didn't get that little blue booklet with Mickey on it. I see it still in the envelope in the background. I wonder why ours are different :confused3
I'm wondering if it's because your are in Canada and I'm in the U.S.
My envelope doesn't have "Magical Express" on the corner but rather a Cinderella castle. Hmm...

That blue booklet came with my magical express package and the yellow tags. It actually can seperately from the red luggage tags and the booklet with resort information.

We checked in this morning! Then in true maritimer fashion we went out fishing for the day! Feels good to be on vacation!

In trip related news we bought ponchos and portable mini fans today. I also ordorered a frogg togg chilly pad earlier this week. I hope it gets in before we leave. I looked at the weather for our trip and it is announcing HOT with thundershowers. So those things should be helpful!!

Congratulations on your wedding!!! You both looked so beautiful!!!

I see we'll be sharing a couple days together at Disneyworld!!! Have a wonderful honeymoon!!

Yay for checking-in!!! :dance3: :cheer2: :cool1:

Hopefully you get your chilly pads before you guys leave! Also, ponchos really are a must at Disney. I know they're not the most fashionable things, but they really do make it so when those sudden FL downpours happen you don't have to stop and take cover until it passes. I actually have (and still use) my Disney poncho from last year...I keep it in my backpack all the time just in case :thumbsup2 I feel like a total dork for doing that and using it, but hey, it works :laughing:!

Have fun fishing! :goodvibes

Yay for checking-in!!! :dance3: :cheer2: :cool1:

Hopefully you get your chilly pads before you guys leave! Also, ponchos really are a must at Disney. I know they're not the most fashionable things, but they really do make it so when those sudden FL downpours happen you don't have to stop and take cover until it passes. I actually have (and still use) my Disney poncho from last year...I keep it in my backpack all the time just in case :thumbsup2 I feel like a total dork for doing that and using it, but hey, it works :laughing:!

Have fun fishing! :goodvibes

:dance3: We did have fun fishing (and even more fun eating the fresh fish). We still haven't received our chilly pad, I hope gets in before the end of the week. Poncho's may make us look like dorks but at least we are dry dorks!

Congratulations on your wedding!!! You both looked so beautiful!!!

I see we'll be sharing a couple days together at Disneyworld!!! Have a wonderful honeymoon!!

Soundtrack:This week I didn't pick a song, I'm linking to the Tower of Terror Movie from 1997 since I found it on youtube and I am looking forward to watching it soon.

We've been undecided about our supper at Grand Floridian Grill for some time now. They've taken away our favorite meal from the last time which had Potatoe Frits as a side so we weren't sure we felt like going back. So last night we debated changing it to either Sanaa or California Grill. The supper was the night of our only full day at Magic Kingdom. The park closes at 10:00 so we where looking at a late (9:00ish) reservation. In the end we decided to go with California Grill because it allowed us to spend more time at MK before heading out to supper and also because we felt like we needed a special romantic date night at least once on our trip.

Did we make the right decision? Any recommendations for what we should try while we are there?

That's it for now. I'll be back later in the week with our finalized itinerary and then with our WDW Essentials Packing List.

Table-by-the-Window-350x525.jpg

Amazing window seat!

Cast-Iron-Seared-Bison-and-Truffle-Mac-and-Cheese.jpg

I have my eye on the bison and truffle mac and cheese.

:cool1:8 sleeps till WDW:cool1:

I think CA Grill was a great choice! And the food looks amazing! Can't wait to hear all about your romantic dinner!

From what I know of California Grill, you will not be disappointed. My mom and brother ate there on our trip last year, and LOVED it! My mom can't remember what she had, aside from that it was steak of some kind. My brother has a few food allergies, and apparently the chef came out a few times to make sure everything was okay. They were very impressed with the service and attention they received.

I think you guys will really enjoy it :thumbsup2

I think CA Grill was a great choice! And the food looks amazing! Can't wait to hear all about your romantic dinner!

I can't wait to eat there. I've been dreaming about it all week! haha

From what I know of California Grill, you will not be disappointed. My mom and brother ate there on our trip last year, and LOVED it! My mom can't remember what she had, aside from that it was steak of some kind. My brother has a few food allergies, and apparently the chef came out a few times to make sure everything was okay. They were very impressed with the service and attention they received.

I think you guys will really enjoy it :thumbsup2
Good to know :) I can't wait to be there!!!

Soundtrack: In honor of Disney Legend Page O'Hara (In her Bo Peep dress)
1992 Oscars Belle and Be Our Guest

So this is my 2nd last post before we leave. I decided to dedicate today to the process of packing for WDW. I'm not going to bore you guys with clothes packing. I think that is pretty constant no matter where you are going. We'll be there in the blistering heat of August so we won't be bringing a jacket or long pants. The fun stuff to pack for WDW is the gadgets to keep you warm and cool. So here goes:

OrangeJuice and TheKeeper's List of Must-Bring to WDW.

1. PONCHOS!
These can be bought in WDW but it is much cheaper to get them back home before you leave. Also, I don't want to waste park time standing in line to get a Poncho when it starts to rain. We got 4 ponchos each, which is probably more then enough but I couldn't resist the maple leaf one.

8photo.jpg

These ones should be good for multiple flash storms.

2. Sunscreen
Another must bring that can be bought in the park but we'd rather bring our own. We found some nifty SPF 100 at Walmart so that should be strong enough to prevent any burns. Nothing I hate more then sunburns when its hotter then hell outside. We also got some Neutrogena SPF 55 face sunscreen because last year we found that the spray would be painful when applied to the face.
7photo.jpg

3. Mini Fans
This is a must get for us if we want to remain sane. I found two fans at the Dollar Store. We decided not to get the mister fans because we are already covered in sweat anyways. Last year we had two types of fans, one with "safe" blades made of something soft and another with hard blades. We definitely prefered the hard blades. It gave a better gust of wind.

4. Good BackPack
This one was a bit tricky because we wanted a bag that could hold everything, have a few easy access pockets BUT not have too many pockets because of the security checks. We found this nice bag at Eddy Bauer. It has two pockets, one on top for easy access to documents (Kttw and money), one in the front for sunscreen and a big pocket inside for socks, flip flops and ponchos.
6photo.jpg

5photo.jpg

Pamplemousse was helping us pack.

5. Frogg Togg Chilly Pad
This is a new one for us and honestly I'm not sure we'll get it on time. I ordered it two weeks ago and it hasn't come in yet. Today is the last day the mail comes in before we leave. For those not familiar with it, its a towel that becomes cold when you place water on it. Some Disers' swear by it.

6. Custom TSHIRTS!
Also new for this trip. We had fun yesterday and made custom tshirts. We liked the results so much that we will make a few more tomorrow before we leave.
photo-1.jpg

4photo.jpg

2photo.jpg

Life is good in the front with Just Married in the back.

I also want to make one with Ray on it, and Jess wants one with Simba/Nala.
1photo.jpg

3photo.jpg

And a Haunted Mansion one
DeadEnd-1.jpg

7. Body Glide.
This one is a Godsend for Blisters and chaffing injuries. Apply throughout the day and voila! Carefree touring.

So there you have it. Our Must Pack packing list.

On a related note:

Lion King Section opened today! We will be sure to cross the bridge over to AoA sometimes next week. http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/08/hakuna-matata-lion-king-finds-a-home-at-disneys-art-of-animation-resort-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

Two more Sleeps!!!:rotfl::grouphug:pixiedust::joker: :dance3: :cheer2::woohoo::goodvibes:cool1:

Love the shirts! Where did you get them made?

I :laughing: a little bit when I saw the picture of that Coleman poncho...I just had to pack away a bunch of those at work so we could set up our back to school section. Hopefully they work well!

That looks like an awesome backpack! :thumbsup2 I know how tricky it can be to find the right one. I'll be taking a hydration pack with me this time, which doesn't have much room for other stuff when it's full, so I'm a bit nervous, but I am not getting heat stroke again! Sounds like you guys will be covered in that department though, with the fans and hopefully the chilly pads.

Also :dance3: :yay: :cheer2: :woohoo: :banana: 2 more sleeps!!!

We made the shirts ourselves with pictures we found online( the creative dis-signs thread was very helpful) and Avery iron-on transfers. It was surprisingly simple!

Soundtrack: I'm gonna let my Cajun cousin Ray take you there.

8 hours to go!!!!

So here we are. It's time to go.
1photo-1.jpg

We are packed, bags are at the door, the cab has been called and we are ready to go. Just got to sleep a little bit first (yeah right like that's gonna happen.) I just popped Lion King into the DVD player and will watch it with my WIFE :) before going to bed.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who read and participated in this pre-trip report. I really appreciated the experience and getting to meet all of you. I also really enjoyed reading all of your ptrs and I learned so much doing so. I tend to avoid anything Disney related for a while after I get back from vacation because of the withdrawal from not having a trip countdown. So if I don't talk to some of you guys before your trip then I just want to wish everyone a great time at Disney World.

Closing song: My all time favorite Disney moment!

Thanks again! :grouphug:

OrangeJuice!

:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter