Life's a Happy Song When There's Someone by my Side to Sing Along* TR started! *

Excellent summer list, I need to start one. I want to buy oven mitts. Next week my mom and I are going to the US for scrapbooking and a little shopping. We plan to hit up a disney store so I think i'll pick up a few things there, to avoid taking up room in the suitcase coming back in july.
Congrats on the exam and being done. An amazing feeling!

Ohh! Have fun shopping. Do the Disney Stores carry a lot of the same things available online?

Same here :guilty:

There used to be one in Moncton a while ago. I was mostly kid's toys though so nothing that I was interested in buying.

We're taking advantage of the summer discount on the Wild Africa Trek tour.
Oh nice! That tour looks amazing. Have fun :)

Soundtrack: In honor of our new ADR at O'hanna

So we played the restaurant shuffle over the last month. I can't really keep track of how many times that we've made changes but here is our new ADR list. I am very happy with our new choices.

Day 1:
Late supper at O'hanna: I am VERY excited about this meal. It looks like a nice changed from the traditional sit down meal. Jess and I love meat so this looks like the perfect place. Oh and the bread pudding looks AMAZING. This replaced 1900 park fair as our first Disney meal.

Ohana_Bread_Pudding.jpg

Day 2: No changes here. Early ADR at Akershus and late lunch at Le Cellier.
We want to spend most of this day in World Showcase eating so it should be a great day.

Day 3: I don't think we had anything planned for this morning but we decided to add a 7:00AM breakfast with Mickey (Chef Mickey!). I know it's early but we don't mind getting up and it allows us to spend some good time with the fab 5 and still get to DHS in time for rope drop. For supper we have a 5:00 ADR at 50's Prime Time where I will endulge in Milk Shakes and Parfait!

l.jpg

Day 4: No changes here either. Early ADR at Kona for the amazing Tonga Toast (I think we will split a Macademia nut pancake too) and kona coffee. Then supper at Grand Floridian Café.

Day 5: This day is tricky because we wanted to be hungry enough for the tomorrowland dessert party that night. We settled on a big breakfast at Tusker House pre-rope drop, big lunch at Flame Tree and small early supper at yak and Yeti. We might cancel the Yak and Yeti reservation and just eat at the counter service but I think the need for AC may trump the will to save a few $$$. We basically just want to try the fried Wonton's.

Fried-Wontons-Dessert.jpg

Day 6: Last day in the parks. We start with pre-rope drop breakfast with the Disney Junior Characters at Hollywood and Vine. We are not fans of Disney Junior but I think H&V has a great breakfast buffet. That night we will be going to the Clam Bake at Cape May Café. Jess wants to have the unlimited crab legs so that's where we will be!

Day 7: This was the other day we changed many times. We considered going to HS early for EMH to get one last ride on TOT but I think we've (for now) decided to do a breakfast at 1900 Park Fair then watch the Rope Drop show at MK before heading back to the resort and catching the bus. We might be able to take a quick walk around but we have to be back at the resort by 10:00AM to catch the 10:30 ME back to MCO.

dsc_0639.jpg

So that's it for now. Thanks for reading!

Oh and we are knee deep in moving right. I think every inch of my body is in pain from going up and down stairs with boxes all day yesterday. We've been living apart for the past two years because of university so we have TWO appartments to move out of. :faint:

Love the revised ADR list! Sounds like some awesome restaurants. A few that are on my "Some Day" list, specifically 'Ohana!
I hope the rest of the moving goes smoothly for you both!

I was going to make a dirty joke about something you said but realized I shouldn't here :rotfl2:
Dangit! It was good, too.

And great final morning plan. That MK Rope Drop is so amazing. I love finishing my trips off with something quintessentially Disney (and wow, I spelled that correct the very first try!)

Love the updated ADR list :thumbsup2 'Ohana won't disappoint. I'm trying to work it in to our ADR list, but so far nothing is available for when I'm looking for, so I'll just have to keep trying and hope for the best.

I hope the rest of your moving goes well! :goodvibes I know how hard it is moving from two separate apartments...can be a bit of a nightmare sometimes.

Also, I LOLed at this comment (and was probably thinking some similar :blush: :rotfl:)
I was going to make a dirty joke about something you said but realized I shouldn't here :rotfl2:

Love the revised ADR list! Sounds like some awesome restaurants. A few that are on my "Some Day" list, specifically 'Ohana!
I hope the rest of the moving goes smoothly for you both!
I am really looking forward to 'Ohana. I'm planing on doing a food review when we get back so I'll let you know how we enjoyed it.

We are almost settled into our new place. Only one more room to unpack! I

Your ADR plans are fantastic. It all looks so delicious!

Thanks, I love looking at Disney food pictures. Nothing better to work up an appetite.

And great final morning plan. That MK Rope Drop is so amazing. I love finishing my trips off with something quintessentially Disney (and wow, I spelled that correct the very first try!)

Get your mind out of the gutter :P (I'm almost certain I know what part you are talking about and I honestly thought twice about the wording then decided to leave it...that'll teach me :P

and yes! LOVE the MK rope drop! Although usually we scope a place near the gates on either side so we don't have the best view. I am hoping that on our last day we can find a spot near the middle and then leisurely walk down Main st.

Love the updated ADR list :thumbsup2 'Ohana won't disappoint. I'm trying to work it in to our ADR list, but so far nothing is available for when I'm looking for, so I'll just have to keep trying and hope for the best.

I hope the rest of your moving goes well! :goodvibes I know how hard it is moving from two separate apartments...can be a bit of a nightmare sometimes.

Also, I LOLed at this comment (and was probably thinking some similar :blush: :rotfl:)

Another one that needs to take their mind out of the gutter :P I am really looking forward to 'Ohana and all our other reservations. Since starting WeightWatchers we've kinda been looking forward to Disney so that we can eat as much as we want of all kinds of AMAZING food. We walk so much over there that we lost weight despite being on DDP last year haha.

Moving went well. We had a lot of help from family so it made it a lot easier.

loving your pre-trip report! Congratulations on the upcoming wedding! I am subscribing because I'm getting lots of ideas for our Aug 12 trip. I am jealous of all your ADR's because we are going with the QS dining plan this year.
Can't wait to read more...

loving your pre-trip report! Congratulations on the upcoming wedding! I am subscribing because I'm getting lots of ideas for our Aug 12 trip. I am jealous of all your ADR's because we are going with the QS dining plan this year.
Can't wait to read more...

Thanks for joining in! It looks like we will be arriving in WDW on the same day. I hope we get good weather and good crowd levels. :sunny:

Great ADR plans. You will LOVE Ohana! It's one of our favorites! We love Y and Y too! I would almost snack during the day, maybe split a small meal at FTB, and make sure you are hungry for Y and Y. :)

Great ADR plans. You will LOVE Ohana! It's one of our favorites! We love Y and Y too! I would almost snack during the day, maybe split a small meal at FTB, and make sure you are hungry for Y and Y. :)

I'm happy to hear so many people like Ohana. I can't wait to eat there. We are not 100% decided on Y&Y because we have the fireworks dessert party that night and we want to leave ALOT of room for dessert but those pineapple wontons look delicious haha!

Another one that needs to take their mind out of the gutter :P I am really looking forward to 'Ohana and all our other reservations. Since starting WeightWatchers we've kinda been looking forward to Disney so that we can eat as much as we want of all kinds of AMAZING food. We walk so much over there that we lost weight despite being on DDP last year haha.

Moving went well. We had a lot of help from family so it made it a lot easier.

I don't doubt that for a second :laughing: It really is crazy how much you walk each day at Disney...it's kinda funny, I find I eat less and walk more at Disney, despite all the delicious food...this time may be different though, since we'll be going during F&W

I can't wait to see how you guys find 'Ohana...I think you'll enjoy it :thumbsup2. And the YY for that matter too...

Also, glad to hear the move went well :goodvibes

Soundtrack: Muppet Vision 3D Queue Soundtrack
This is an exciting time to be a Disney fan. Between Carsland, AoA and Brave coming out next week I am having a hard time keeping up with everything.
The Cars section of AoA opened today and it looks AMAZING from the pictures that I have seen so far. We are big Lion King fans so I cannot wait to see pictures from that section. It opens just a few days before we get to WDW in August so we will take a walk across the generation gap bridge to check it out.

I realized that I still haven't shared my plans for our final full day in the park so here goes.

Day 6: Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom EMH.

We start of day 6 with a 8:00 AM before the park opens ADR at Hollywood and Vine. We are not fans of Disney Junior at all but I love getting into DHS early and Jess LOVES the food there. They have this potato dish that she just devoured last year.

P1040846.jpg

Empty Hollywood boulevard

P1040861.jpg

Jess with her buffet selection.

After H&V our schedule is going to be pretty variable because this is our second full day at DHS. Our goals for the day:
* As always ride Tower of Terror many many times
* See any attractions we might of missed on day one.
* Must eat snacks in DHS:
writers-stop.jpg

The Writer's Stop; home of the famous
cross-section-of-carrot-cake-cookie.jpg

Carrot Cake Cookie (Pictures from Disneyfoodblog)

Then stop at
contemp-laundry-ohana-starringrolls-backstageexp-172-300x225.jpg

The Starring rolls café for
contemp-laundry-ohana-starringrolls-backstageexp-195.JPG

Butterfinger cupcake (Pictures from Disneyfoodblog)

Not a snack, but we will probably have a mac and cheese hot dog for lunch so here's a picture.
Mac-and-cheese-dog-close-up-350x525.jpg

While we are on the topic, here's a great 10 minute video from WDWradio's Lou Mongelo discovering the best snacks in Hollywood Studios.
Best Snacks in WDW

Alright enough about food...It's now time to talk about our plans for supper...oh shoot that's food too. oops. Originally we had an ADR at Cape May Café for the All you can eat sea food but we decided to switch to Via Napoli after hearing so many great reviews. Jess can be fussy when it comes to pizza but from the pictures I've seen to far it looks delicious.

071210145.jpg

Spicy sausage pizza at Via Napoli (picture from Disney tourist blog)

After supper in Epcot we will probably grab a slushy or something and cross Epcot to get to the monorail and head to MK for EMH till 1:00AM. This is our last evening in the park so we'll play it by ear as to what we decide to ride or do. We will then head back to the resort and pack our bags since we are leaving the next day :(.

Thanks for reading folks. Next up: plans for our final day in WDW.

It looks like I really have to get to the Writer's Stop this trip...I'd never even heard of it until I read it on someones TR about a week ago...is that where the Mac and Cheese hot dog is as well?

Also, that pizza looks awesome :thumbsup2! I might have to think about going there too...but with F&W going on, I think it might be hard wanting to eat at any regular restaurant at Epcot :laughing: Awesome plans though! Makes me wish I were going tomorrow :love:

*EDIT* Okay, so I just watched that video, and the Writer's Stop looks AMAZING! I can't believe I've never been in there before!!! Not only for the snacks, but looks so inviting with the chairs and stuff! I can't wait to go!

It looks like I really have to get to the Writer's Stop this trip...I'd never even heard of it until I read it on someones TR about a week ago...is that where the Mac and Cheese hot dog is as well?

Also, that pizza looks awesome :thumbsup2! I might have to think about going there too...but with F&W going on, I think it might be hard wanting to eat at any regular restaurant at Epcot :laughing: Awesome plans though! Makes me wish I were going tomorrow :love:

*EDIT* Okay, so I just watched that video, and the Writer's Stop looks AMAZING! I can't believe I've never been in there before!!! Not only for the snacks, but looks so inviting with the chairs and stuff! I can't wait to go!

I'd also missed it up until now. I was reading on one blog or another that mentionned that it was based on "Buy the Book" the bookstore in Ellen Degenere's show. They rebranded it after the show got cancelled but apparently there are still a few hints of Ellen around there. Then I found out about the carrot cake cookie and now I REALLY need to go for a visit. Apparently it's rarely busy and a good place to relax. The hot dog is not there tho, it's at Fairfax fare on Sunset Blv. Check out this Disney Food Blog post on their offerings. http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/08/26/new-specialty-hot-dogs-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

I know!!! It's a Disney-filled time and I'm loving it. I too am looking forward to the Lion King section of AoA!
Sounds like great last day plans, I also love Hollywood & Vine breakfast for the food.

You must be looking forward to your stay at AoA!!! The resort looks A-mazing!

Great food plans! Sure, ToT is fun, but I think the Carrot Cake Cookie comes in at a close second! I have been wanting to try the Mac and Cheese hot dog ever since I learned about it! =)

Great food plans! Sure, ToT is fun, but I think the Carrot Cake Cookie comes in at a close second! I have been wanting to try the Mac and Cheese hot dog ever since I learned about it! =)

Thanks! You're making me crave the carrot cake cookie even more. That hot dog really intrigues me. I used to put cut up hot dogs in my KD but I would never of thought about doing the reverse.

Soundtrack: Mickey Mouse Club Alma Mater

Here we are, 49 days till WDW (also 27 days till my wedding).
Screenshot2012-06-24at83510PM.png

I'm still trying to figure out how the wedding ceremony is going to go. I haven't been to many weddings and I have never been to a same-sex wedding. So I actually had to look up what are the parts of a wedding haha. Most of the wedding will be similar to a traditional secular wedding but we will need to re-invent a few things. I think the processional is the only part getting a big revamp (we both want to walk down the aisle). Otherwise, everything is pretty much in place.

Oh I haven't updated on my weight loss in a long time. I am at 31lbs loss and Jess is at 23lbs. Needless to say, our wedding dresses will need some slight modifications haha. We both really enjoy weight watchers so far.

Ok so back on topic. If you've been following along you might realize that the only day left for me to talk about is our departure day.

Day 7: Departure day
I booked the latest flight back available which means that we leave at 1:30PM. I think this means that the Magical Express would pick us up at 10:30. So we have decided to pack as much fun as possible into this last day. We made a reservation at 1900 Park Fair at 8:05AM so that we can stuff ourselves with strawberry soup and other great disney breakfast food.
3121968228_c02a64d9ed.jpg

I am hoping to be done breakfast by 9:00 so that we can catch the rope drop show at MK and then take a quick walk up Main st to get a cinnamon bun for the flight back home ( and maybe some fudge). Also to get rid of any remaining snack credits.
Cinnamon-Roll-500x435.jpg

Cinnamon Roll at Main Street Bakery
Dulce-de-Leche-Fudge-1-500x453.jpg

Dulce Delicious fudge at Main Street Confectionary

DSC00597.JPG

View of the selection at Main Street Confectionary

Depending on the time we finish at MK we will either get a cab or take Disney transport back to POP then check out and hop onto the Magical Express. I almost wish we had a rental car just for this last day. This would allow us to park in the MK parking lot and just leave at 10:30 to head back to MCO. I'm scared of doing this though because I am not familiar with the roads in Orlando. I would be worried about getting lost. Any advice?

Then we land back home at 10:00PM and cry ourself to sleep because we are in WDW anymore. Sounds like a good plan? haha

I'm sure we are going to start pre-packing soon so I will keep you guys up to date on that and I'll post some pictures of the wedding prep to keep things interesting. Thanks for reading along! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter