Liberty Tree Tavern

pmickus

Mouseketeer
I have only eaten here for lunch. This year we have dinner reservations. But I'm bummed that the dessert is the apple cake. I want the ooey gooey toffee cake. Can you substitute at dinner?

I doubt it since the dinner is a fixed menu but falls into that doesn't hurt to ask category. (As long as you're ok if it's not available.)

We would like to have dinner here as well but we do lunch instead because of the coffee cake!!! I cant wait to see if someone knows the answer!!! great question!:thumbsup2

Nope, they will not let you order it at dinner, my husband has tried on 2 different visits. He has also tried going in at lunch time and ordering it to go, they wouldn't do that either. This year we are finally going for lunch!

It's a great dessert. :thumbsup2 And for those who haven't had it the title doesn't really explain it all that well, in my opinion.

Just love lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern.

Nope, they will not let you order it at dinner, my husband has tried on 2 different visits. He has also tried going in at lunch time and ordering it to go, they wouldn't do that either. This year we are finally going for lunch!

My experience also....

. . . I want the ooey gooey toffee cake. Can you substitute at dinner?

1) Then, you must do a lunch, and eat it there; it will not be boxed to-go.
2) The cake IS NOT available at dinner.
3) They use that as a draw for lunches, so it is not wise to offer it at dinner.
4) LTT would sacrifice lunch biz if it was available after 4:00pm.

1) Then, you must do a lunch, and eat it there; it will not be boxed to-go.
2) The cake IS NOT available at dinner.
3) They use that as a draw for lunches, so it is not wise to offer it at dinner.
4) LTT would sacrifice lunch biz if it was available after 4:00pm.

So if you have lunch here and have the toffee cake as your dessert, but can't finish it, you can't take the leftovers with you?

So if you have lunch here and have the toffee cake as your dessert, but can't finish it, you can't take the leftovers with you?

1) Sorry, a little confusing the way I stated it.
2) Yes, you can take it away from your lunch meal as left overs.
3) You just cannot order it as a solo "to go" item.
4) For instance, get it to-go, then bring it back for dinner.

This item is overrated, like Dole Whips, Zebra Domes, and Remy.

This restaurant is wonderful. The chefs are super. The food is great and the service perfect.
Dole Whip is the perfect food and we love it.
Zebra Domes make me happy. I would never turn one down.
Remy always makes me smile.

You are wrong.
Sorry.....but you are.
We eat at Liberty Tree Tavern on every trip because as many of the restaurants at Disney, Liberty Tree Tavern is happy to go to great lengths to make my special diet child feel welcome. And that's Pixie dust for us!!!pixiedust:

This restaurant is wonderful. The chefs are super. The food is great and the service perfect.
Dole Whip is the perfect food and we love it.
Zebra Domes make me happy. I would never turn one down.
Remy always makes me smile.

You are wrong.
Sorry.....but you are.
We eat at Liberty Tree Tavern on every trip because as many of the restaurants at Disney, Liberty Tree Tavern is happy to go to great lengths to make my special diet child feel welcome. And that's Pixie dust for us!!!pixiedust:

:scratchin Did I say anything bad about LTT? I have several older posts saying I like it. I just think a certain food item there is overrated. And I think the other items I mentioned are fine, just not frenzy-worthy.

I have only eaten here for lunch. This year we have dinner reservations. But I'm bummed that the dessert is the apple cake. I want the ooey gooey toffee cake. Can you substitute at dinner?

the apple cake is actually a lot better than the toffee cake

:scratchin Did I say anything bad about LTT? I have several older posts saying I like it. I just think a certain food item there is overrated. And I think the other items I mentioned are fine, just not frenzy-worthy.

I meant no disrespect. I have seen some people post such disparaging things about their hotel or restaurant on some posts that it seems mean spirited. I think that any trip to WDW is a blessing and if it ceases to thrill then maybe it's time to see the magic through the eyes of someone who deserves a little pixie dust in their lives. I have sent several family members who otherwise could never have gone. This was the coolest feeling ever. My daughter also has such an extremely rare genetic disorder that she can't eat at almost any restaurant. Disney, however, buys the special diet foods she eats and the chefs all come out and speak with her and make her meals she can actually eat! I always want to cry when we go to any Disney restaurant (esp. LTT). Thus my rush to judgement. I apologize for any misunderstanding. Peace offering :flower3:

The last time I went to LTT for dinner a few months ago I thought the cake was very good. I will say that I much prefer vanilla-ey, fruity desserts to cloyingly sweet chocolatey ones. I think it's worth it to give it a try.

the cake was way better then I thought it would be and a nice way to end the meal.

I guess it is just a matter of taste. I found the Ooey Gooey cake to be awful and would never order it again. I prefer the chocolate cake (if I have room for dessert).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter