Liberty Tavern - We've never been - Do you like it??

No there is no stage show, I think you are confusing it with the Diamond Horsehoe Revue which used to be next door. This is a sit down restaurant right on the square.

You do not have to sit with other families, you get a table for the appropriate size of your family, as at any restaurant.

We love the place, a great place for adults with no kids along too, you get a lot of character attention too...a big thumbs up from us...:)

We love it too. We ate Christmas Eve dinner there, I was sort of the planning person for our family of 10 and thought it would be a great place to sit and allow the 4 kids to meet the Characters. Everyone had a great meal and lots of fun. I was disappointed that all 10 of us couldn't be at the same table, but they seated us really close as a table of 6 and one of 4.

We are going back in just a few weeks. We again will have 10 for dinner, because we are meeting friends down there. We will see if we all can sit together this time.

We had plenty of food, no problems with getting more. Kids were very excited so I don't think they ate as much but they did not leave hungry. We had an 8, 6 and two 3 year old children along. 3 of the kids were boys so we were looking for something all could enjoy (princesses were not on their list :)).

You'll enjoy it.

We are planning to eat here for dinner in April. Which characters are usually here? I know Minnie is-and we haven't seen her before! But I'm not sure who else is here.

We love LTT for both lunch and dinner. The character interaction at dinner has been great on our visits. The homestyle food is also very good. We feel that LTT is a bit of a hidden gem at lunch. For some reason, it has never been swamped at lunch on our visits, and it seems to be a quiet escape from the bustle of the park. The Colony Salad (an entree salad) is fantastic! We now try to eat both lunch and dinner at LTT on our visits to WDW.

I never realized that this restaurant was so popular. We have been to WDW several, several times and it just never occured to me for us to eat there:confused: . I am very grateful to everybody that responded to this thread and I am really looking forward now for us to eat there in Sept:p . We love Thanksgiving dinner and it sounds so yummy:tongue: .

Thanks again everyone and any other posts would be appreciated:wave:

Since my boyfriend and I usually go, we get right in. We're the only people in there with a party of 2 and no kids! It's great! Delicious too.

My sister's mother in law told me that she had PS for LTT and they had to share a table with another family.

Is there a restaurant where they may have you share a table with strangers?

She was pretty upset at spending so much money to eat at a place where she had to share a table with a family who let their child stick their fingers in the food.

I could have sworn she told me it was LTT. Maybe my sister's mother in law is just wacky.

Liberty Tree Tavern is one of the best places in WDW in my opinion. We've always had wonderful meals there and the atmosphere is fantastic. The character dinner is the best - especially before MVMCP.

We done it before MNSSHP and the characters are in costume too! Great fun and great food.

We've never had to share a table there - even when there was just two of us.

disneysnowflake: I know we have had to share a table at the Germany pavilion in EPCOT. Twice I think we have done it. And the strange part is we have 6 in our family. After we were seated they seated a couple on the end of our table. It wasn't really that bad--they were nice---but it just seemed weird. I'm sure they were the ones NOT thrilled to be sharing their table with 4 kids! It seems like they could have requested not to though---and just waited on the next available.

We just go back from our 2004 trip to the world and we ate
lunch at LTT on Monday. We ate a character dinner there last
year an loved it, but this was the first time we had lunch. It
was very good.

The way the restaurant is laid out and the way seating is handled,
I can't imagine how you would share a table... but I suppose it
could happen. I haven't seen it, though....

Originally posted by disneysnowflake
My sister's mother in law told me that she had PS for LTT and they had to share a table with another family.

Is there a restaurant where they may have you share a table with strangers?

She was pretty upset at spending so much money to eat at a place where she had to share a table with a family who let their child stick their fingers in the food.

I could have sworn she told me it was LTT. Maybe my sister's mother in law is just wacky.

I think she may be confused about which restaurant is which. I don't believe I have ever heard of anyone having to share a table at Liberty Tree Tavern. The food is served "family style" meaning all brought at once but it is for YOUR family. Getting seated at other a table with others is common practice at Biergarten and Teppanyaki in Epcot, but those are the only two places that I can think of that are like that.

We do not like sharing a table. If you make a PS early on, can you request to not have to be seated with another couple or family? We are two adults on a romantic vacation. Our meals are just one time we like to not be around other guests. I have had good expereinces and bad with table sharing. The last time we went to Biergarten it was expected and turned out okay, although we didn't enjoy our meal as much as we would have had we been seated alone.

I really like character meals and the LTT sounds great, but if we would have to be seated with others, I'd rather skip it.

Does anyone know for sure?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter