• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Liberty Tavern - We've never been - Do you like it??

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
We have visited WDW several times and we have never eaten at Liberty Tavern. This year we are planning on eating there and I was wondering what everybody thought of it.

I have one question about it. Do they have a child size buffet like Chef Mickeys and Crystal Palace? My daughter is finally old enough to use this child size buffet alone without my help and she is looking forward to going to Chef Mickeys for this reason. Please let me know if they have this so I can give her another something to look forward to.

Thanks much!!!!!!!!!!!:wave:

No it is not a buffet. Family style severed to your table if you are going for the character dinner.

If going for lunch it is menu order table service. No characters at lunch time.

They have great food at both lunch and dinner.

Liberty Tree Tavern is great. We ate there on our last two visits. They do not have a buffet but the food is great. That was our first character meal 3 years ago and me and dd went when we were there last year. We did character meals everyday of our last vacation and that is one of my favorites. We are going to return there this year when we go with my mom. My dd loved it there because the characters made it around 2-3 times while we were there and they spent quite a bit of time at our table. I would definitely recommend it, we love it.

::MickeyMo

This is one of my favorites! Being from New England, I just adore seeing the characters dressed in Colonial garb. When your party is called to be seated the "towncrier" will call you by last name with "Hear ye hear ye..."

The character family style dinner is excellent! There is even mac n cheese which the kids always seem to like. The restaurant is set up with little rooms, nooks and crannies, all of which have marvelous period decorations.

I have enjoyed lunch here, which is off the menu, as well. I would say it is not to be missed. :)

Thanks for explaining about this restaurant. I was so sure that this was a buffet and hearing that it isn't kinda makes me happy because we are not only going with our 6yr old but we are also taking our 13 month old and it will be so much easier to sit at our table and stay there.

Now, another question. For anybody that has been to The Garden Grill for dinner - is Liberty Tavern table service like that?
Is it family style? Is it all you can eat? Please let me know - Also, is it just to much food after a hot day outside?

Thanks !!!:wave:

We love the LTT. Most recent visit was character meal in December during VMCP. Food is suprising good for all you can eat family style restuarnat. We had ham, turkey, veggies, gravey, mac & cheese, applie pie ice cream for dessert. The restaurant has a colonial theme and the wait staff was wonderful. Colonial era costume themed Minnie, Goofy made the rounds twice to our table. Just thinking about LTT makes me want to go back.

This is our favorite at MK. We especially like lunch, fresh burgers, great sandwiches, home style dishes, and tasty fresh breads. Plus we love the atmosphere and fireplace dining. This is a great escape from the park and if you have late lunch you can normally walk out and get a great spot for the afternoon parade.

We did this before MNSSHP. We will be eating there 1 week from today as well to be exact!!!! I really like the dinner. I was kind of suprised to see the meal was sponsored by Stouffers. I don't know if that was their food or not though. It tasted too good to be frozen food. The only thing we noticed--- we were a group of 12. They brought 2 of everything. But we had a hard time getting more of anything. I mean we asked for more meat. The waitress brought back a tiny tea cup type plate w/ one peice of everything. Now, that wasn't going to cut it. Then she disappeared. So, that was alittle annoying. Some of the people in our group didn't leave there feeling very full, because it was alittle difficult to get "refills".

Yes it is all you can eat family style. We go in July and it is hot out but has never stopped us from eating a large meal. We usually eat one large meal a day and snack the rest of the day.

While it is family style for dinner, I think you can still order off the menu, but I could be wrong.

This is the only WDW restaurant that I make sure we hit twice a trip - once for lunch and once for dinner.

Yes, the dinner is served just like the Garden Grill.

I have not eaten lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern yet,
but we are going to be arriving in the World next
weekend and we are planning a lunch there this time
since we ate dinner there on our last trip and enjoyed
it so much.

I understand that lunch is regular, off the menu fare.

I don't here a lot about LTT very often, but we love it.

I prefer LTT at Lunch. There are no characters, but the food is the best at MK...salads, sandwhiches and hot dinners. :earsboy:

LTT is one of our "can't miss" meals at WDW. We like to try new ones each trip, but there are a couple that we just can't skip. I has the best character interraction of all the character meals we have done. I love the ambience fo the restaurant also. The food is really good and I love the strawberry viniagrette salad dressing and the rolls with the honey and apple butter. YUM!

One of the best burgers I've ever had in my life -- fresh ground beef!!! In the 1997 Unofficial Guide this was a highly recommended place for lunch -- DW and I had a lovely quiet lunch there in Nov. '97. The line-up was non-existent, we just walked in while working through the UG touring plan. We'll definitely be going back in Jan. '05 on our first trip home to DVC.

Another thumbs up here!!

Our family always makes sure we dine at LTT at least once every trip. We've had lunch and dinner both. And we love both. If I'm ordering off the menu, I like the Pilgrims Feast. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce....yum! DH would rather have the pot roast. GO! ENJOY! You won't regret it.

We love having lunch here. We plan on lunch there twice on our upcoming trip...both Fridays. We've had good luck there during Lent with vegetarian choices. Love it for lunch other times of the year too.:D

Perhaps I'm thinking of a different place, but isn't there a stage show at the LTT in the afternoon? I think we did a late lunch once and happened upon it by accident. It was a lot of fun. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

This is one of our not to be missed meals at WDW, too. :) The food is always very good & we've always been given lots of it. We have never left here hungry. ;) The character interaction has always been one of the best - though I haven't been here since last March - I know they've changed some of the characters there since then. I would definitely recommend this meal! ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter