Let's use this thread to keep track of IGT, OGT and VGT assignments?

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? IGT Wonder
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 14 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? category 11A on deck 6
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Yes 3 rooms are side-by-side-by-side
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 66 days

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Dream
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? category 5A on deck 10
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Completely excited! As far as I can tell, we saved about $1200 for the cruise!!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 47 days

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? OGT - Fantasty 7/28
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 14 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? category 4C on deck 7 midship
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? We are thrilled for the upgrade. Our kids were looking forward to the porthole seat but the veranda is even better.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? 2 rooms were booked and they are connecting!!!
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? Back in Feb

I think it would be interesting to see what kind of rooms are being assigned when booking a IGT, OGT or VGT room. I'm interested to see what categories are assigned, if the assigned rooms are in desirable locations, etc. I didn't see a thread that followed these over time, so if you booked one of these rooms could you please post your assignments when you get them (or post now if you recently got your assignment)? Please include:

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship?
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get?
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
#6. How many days before departure date did you book?

Answer:

#1 OGT on Fantasy
#2 14 Days
#3 Assigned 8A # 5518
#4 Very happy about room. Two large porthole room
#5 N/A
#6 11 months

We did 2 rooms, one a VGT and the other was OGT.

First:
#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Fantasy
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12 - The Monday after being 2 weeks out.
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5b #8538
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? We were happy with the location
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Both were forward, but 2 levels apart
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 60

Second:
#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? OGT Fantasy
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12 - The Monday after being 2 weeks out.
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 8A #6510
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? We loved this room. Has 2 large windows.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Both were forward, but 2 levels apart
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 60

First:
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10 days from sail date
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4A, Deck 9, #9608
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I think it will be a nice room from what I have read about the deck and location. However, my disclaimer is to read my answer to #5 for a possible mitigating factor.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? I did book a second room, but not until much later than I booked the VGT room. My MIL is newly terminally ill so we booked her a room at the last minute. We didn't have a choice as the boat was almost fully booked, so we got her an inside stateroom which was assigned to deck 9. I think the Disney client services person did us a huge favor by getting us onto the same deck and not too far from her room.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 45

1) Booked IGT on Fantasy
2) Got assigned room 15 days prior to cruise
3) 5C, Deck 7
4) Thrilled! Got a veranda! No idea if this room is considered good or bad but don't care!
5) Only one room
6) 45 days

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? IGT Fantasy
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 15
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5C
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Super happy 3 of our cabins were IGT and 1 OGT all were upgraded
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? 3 connecting
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? August 2011

I am happy for the folks who booked IGT and are getting balconies but that just seems so weird; I would think the ships would be packed for July? :confused3 Looks like it's primarily on the Fantasy...wonder what's up.

I am happy for the folks who booked IGT and are getting balconies but that just seems so weird; I would think the ships would be packed for July? :confused3 Looks like it's primarily on the Fantasy...wonder what's up.

I believe that close to 75% of the rooms are balconies..it's just a matter of availability..In order for them to fill the ship, people are not going to pay a premium for a Verandah room last minute, but they might pay for an inside..so they give those pre-booked rooms a bump so they open up the more inexpensive rooms. Ironically, a verandah is $30 cheaper than the basic inside rate right now on our Sept. cruise..I'm holding off booking thinking they're going to open up IGT or OGT rates...the pattern has held for August bookings so hopeful.

I believe that close to 75% of the rooms are balconies..it's just a matter of availability..In order for them to fill the ship, people are not going to pay a premium for a Verandah room last minute, but they might pay for an inside..so they give those pre-booked rooms a bump so they open up the more inexpensive rooms. Ironically, a verandah is $30 cheaper than the basic inside rate right now on our Sept. cruise..I'm holding off booking thinking they're going to open up IGT or OGT rates...the pattern has held for August bookings so hopeful.

On our Aug 11 Eastern on Fantasy (assuming dbl occupancy) a VGT is $518 less than a 09D - obstructed view porthole. On Jul 13 there were still 33 Cat 4 and 30 Cat 5 veranda cabins left. As of today, Jul 15 there are still 33 Cat 4 and 33 Cat 5s left, increase of 3! There are 20 Oceanviews for parties of 2-3 as of now, no OV showing for parties of 4, didn't check this on Friday. Inventory is shifting but not a straight line reduction; cabins that were not visible Fri are now available Sun and vice versa.

There are no Insides available at all and no OGT available any longer, which is what we are booked under. So conditions certainly appear favorable for some bump ups. But there's no way to know how many people are taking advantage of the VGT offer; maybe all those specific choice veranda cabins will disappear overnight. Wish I had some insight into the allocation of these IGT/OGT/VGTs...will just have to be patient in the end. popcorn::

Haven't taken the time to read this entire thread, but has anyone booked one of these within 21 days of sailing or less? I was wondering how close to the sail date they offer these rates and how booking last minute might affect your cabin assignment?

Oops, sorry should have explained. They stand for Inside guarantee, outside guarantee and veranda guarantee. These rates are offered at times by DCL at great rates but they come with restrictions. First of all you are only guaranteed the category you book, so either inside, outside, or veranda. You don't get to choose your room and are assigned one by DCL at some point- usually very close to travel time. In addition, you may not cancel, change your reservation etc. and must pay in full at the time of booking. Hope that helps.

How does one find out when these rates are offered?

The rate just show up when searching for a cruise. If its available for the date or ship you are looking at booking you will see it. There is no listing as of yet that I know of that keeps track of when they are being offered. It's just a matter of going through the saildates on the Disney cruiseline website.

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? IGT Fantasy
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 15
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5C
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Super happy 3 of our cabins were IGT and 1 OGT all were upgraded
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? 3 connecting
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? August 2011

Curious, will this be your first DCL cruise? Some people were saying second time cruisers were the most likely to get upgrades.

Curious, will this be your first DCL cruise? Some people were saying second time cruisers were the most likely to get upgrades.

I think it really depends on availability, our first cruise we went from a cat 12 (now 11B) to a 9C...can happen to anyone at anytime :)

Booked 1 VGT stateroom on Dream 5 night double dip for july 27th 2012

I was assigned on Tuesday the 17th 10 days prior to cruise

I received a 5A cabin

I did not feel like it was a leftover cabin, although it is directly across from the elevator so I am hoping that it is not too loud.

I booked 33 days before departure

:dance3: 7 days to go!!!!

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? Monday 12 days before
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? category 5A midship starboard on deck 10
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Overall very happy; hoping that noise from deck 11 upstairs won't be too bad but will pack earplugs and have a great time regardless.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 60 days

In Pursuit of Enchanted Tiki Birds

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Fantasy August 4th
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? Monday 12 days before
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? Category 4B Midship on Deck 8
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very Happy
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? 2 rooms that are connecting.:cool1:
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 70 days, had to cancel previous booking and pay the penalty but still got $1152 back and much better rooms.

1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT DREAM AUG 5th
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? Monday 13 days before
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? TWO CATEGORY 5B's
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very Happy
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? 2 rooms that are connecting.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 49

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter