Let's use this thread to keep track of IGT, OGT and VGT assignments?

Second experience with guarantee, better than the first!

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT, on the Fantasy.
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? Twelve, on a Monday.
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get?Category 4C
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Yes, two rooms booked: assigned adjoining cabins.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? Around sixty.

mrsklamc said:
I am happy for the folks who booked IGT and are getting balconies but that just seems so weird; I would think the ships would be packed for July? :confused3 Looks like it's primarily on the Fantasy...wonder what's up.

Very exciting for them indeed - both IGT & OGT are getting verandah assignments 8)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Second time this summer taking chance on VGT and didn't have as much luck. In June, we booked 14 days from sailing (VGT) and received connecting 4c's on deck 7. Had such a great time that we cancelled our Thanksgiving cruise and decided to go with friends on the 8/11 Fantasy again.

We booked 28 days out and decided to book VGT instead of IGT/OGT in hopes that we had a better shot of connecting rooms or at least connecting verandahs.

Just checked online and was excited to see consecutive numbers. However, when I looked further at deck plans, we are connecting BUT not with each other! OK, I thought, at least we can have the stateroom attendant open the verandahs and still be able to keep the kids in the other room. Unfortunately, I didn't know that deck 10 verandahs have a solid wall every other room so ONLY connecting staterooms can connect verandas. I am happy that we are right next door and again taking a crusie, but have to admit I am bummed that both rooms and verandas connect with strangers and not each other! Anyone in 10556 or 10562 wanna trade?!

Second time this summer taking chance on VGT and didn't have as much luck. In June, we booked 14 days from sailing (VGT) and received connecting 4c's on deck 7. Had such a great time that we cancelled our Thanksgiving cruise and decided to go with friends on the 8/11 Fantasy again.

We booked 28 days out and decided to book VGT instead of IGT/OGT in hopes that we had a better shot of connecting rooms or at least connecting verandahs.

Just checked online and was excited to see consecutive numbers. However, when I looked further at deck plans, we are connecting BUT not with each other! OK, I thought, at least we can have the stateroom attendant open the verandahs and still be able to keep the kids in the other room. Unfortunately, I didn't know that deck 10 verandahs have a solid wall every other room so ONLY connecting staterooms can connect verandas. I am happy that we are right next door and again taking a crusie, but have to admit I am bummed that both rooms and verandas connect with strangers and not each other! Anyone in 10556 or 10562 wanna trade?!

Maybe it's possible that once you board the ship, one of your neighbors would be kind enough to swap rooms with you. Guest services may be able to accommodate your request if the other family is willing. It couldn't hurt to ask. I would. You could ask the family next to your room and if they say no, you could ask the family next to the kids room.

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? had a 5A, asked for upgrade to 4D and was given guarantee at no charge
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? Monday 11 days before
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? category 4D - 9011 - midship
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy; we're right by elevators which a lot of people don't like, so maybe that's a "leftover"? But we like being close, so no complaints!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? a few months, but just asked for the free guarantee upgrade 2 weeks out

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? had a 5A, asked for upgrade to 4D and was given guarantee at no charge
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? Monday 11 days before
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? category 4D - 9011 - midship
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy; we're right by elevators which a lot of people don't like, so maybe that's a "leftover"? But we like being close, so no complaints!
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? a few months, but just asked for the free guarantee upgrade 2 weeks out

What is a free guarantee upgrade?

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Dream August 10th

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? Monday 11 days before(after 3:00 pm)

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? Category 5A on Deck 9

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Extremely happy we're on the 9th deck, did not want 10th or 5th floors.

#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? 2 rooms that are connecting.

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 67 Days

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? OGT Fantasy
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? category 5B port aft on deck 8
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Ecstatic! Traveling companions also booked OGT and are in connecting staterrom next door!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? next door, connecting
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 39 days

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? OGT Fantasy
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? category 5B port aft on deck 8
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Ecstatic! Traveling companions also booked OGT and are in connecting staterrom next door!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? next door, connecting
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 39 days

That's awesome! :cheer2:

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? OGT Fantasy August 11th#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? Monday 12 days before
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? Category 5C forward on deck 7 (7040 and 7042)#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy! Love the location near elevators and stairs, easily accessible to the adult pool.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Connecting!
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? about 45

What is a free guarantee upgrade?

All I know is that when I asked the travel agent about available upgrades, the only thing she could change us to at the same rate was a guaranteed 4D without a room assignment (confirmation from DCL says Category 4D, stateroom GTY). This wasn't available at same rate when we booked, so we took it.

Booked an IGT room on the Dream Aug. 19-24 just last week. Now waiting NOT too patiently for a room assignment.

Actually, it's the other way around on deck 10--many of the connecting rooms don't have connecting verandahs. We recently sailed deck 10 on the Dream, and had a connecting room with our friends (10022 and 10020), but we had the solid wall between our verandahs so we couldn't open it up. But we could have connected verandahs with 10024 on our other side.

Just booked our 5-day Bahamas cruise on Dream departing in 23 days (yay!) on August 25th. Booked in IGT and anxiously waiting on a stateroom assignment!

WeHeartTink said:
Just booked our 5-day Bahamas cruise on Dream departing in 23 days (yay!) on August 25th. Booked in IGT and anxiously waiting on a stateroom assignment!

Still waiting on VGT assignment for the Dream leaving on 8/15. The wait is killing me!

Just booked a VGT for the Sept. 8, 2012 Fantasy sailing. I will be haunting this thread. :)

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Dream
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? category 5b on deck 8
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Disappointed, got a leftover, right in front of the elevator. Seeing others with IGT getting 4a's.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? about 45 days

All I know is that when I asked the travel agent about available upgrades, the only thing she could change us to at the same rate was a guaranteed 4D without a room assignment (confirmation from DCL says Category 4D, stateroom GTY). This wasn't available at same rate when we booked, so we took it.

GTY are different than IGT/OGT/VGT. You cannot pick the actual room, but you do pick the category. GTY have the same cancellation terms as a regular room - only thing you won't see what you get until late in the game.

IGT/OGT/VGT not only you can't pick the room, you can't pick the category neither. They only thing you get is the type: inside, outside view, verandah. These rates are full payment required and non refundable. They only way to upgrade these are at port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter