Let's use this thread to keep track of IGT, OGT and VGT assignments?

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship?
VGT on the Dream :cloud9:
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?
14popcorn::
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get?
Not sure, LOL! Rm 6070 :dance3:
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?
Yes! Mid ship vertically and horizontally, no obstruction, close 2 stair & elev. access! :banana:
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?N/a - just DH , DS5 and I. :flower3::woohoo::yay:
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 70 :hourglass

What date is your cruise? Mine is 7-13-12....I am getting ansy to know the cabin!

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? 3 IGT cabins
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 22
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5B
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? We are extremely happy!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? All 3 rooms side-by-side and 2 of them connecting rooms.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 39

Can't believe how fortunate we are to get upgraded to verandas! We booked last minute deal (IGT) and was just hoping that we would have 3 rooms close together. Thank you DCL!

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? OGT on Fantasy

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 18 days

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 9A (I think) on the 8th deck forward

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? We are happy! Never cruised Disney! Just so excited to be going on the Fantasy on the 14th of this month!!!!!!

#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? Over 4 months before

I am leaving on Dream on 7-13-12....I booked a VGT....nothing yet! I called and was told it could be today it could be Friday....there are only category 4's showing as available on several different booking sites. I inquired about that and was told not all availabilty shows up on booking engines so I could get a small obstructed balcony....I sure hope not. I know I gambled and I get what I get but I cancelled a hugh balcony with another cruise line (same price as my VGT) so I could take my granddaughter on Disney....keeping my fingers crossed!

1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? IGT Wonder
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 13
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 10B
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I am ecstatic that we got the extra space! We are also on deck 2 and mid ship which is great for potential motion sickness. My only concern is that it appears we are under wavebands and some reviews mention some noise. I'm hopeful the girls are so tired that it is not an issue. (Which, I'm sure will be the case!)
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/a
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? About 75

Overall- very happy!:cloud9:

1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Wonder
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 14
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 7a, 7a
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Not a problem, enclosed verandah will be nice for Alaska
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/a
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? About 30

when are you able to book the IGT/OGT/VGT rooms? we are looking to book a cruise for january. on the website i see actual room categories with a basic idea of what deck you will be on. i dont see anything that states IGT/OGT/VGT any where. do these show up closer to the sail date?

sorry for not understanding all of this.....this will be our first cruise!

Hey Srhodes :) Welcome to the disboards. The IGT/OGT/VGT rates can show up at anytime, but disney offers them if they are trying to fill up the ship. They may never be offered for a certain cruise. While they are a great price, one isn't able to pick which room they will have. One also has to pay immediately, and is not allowed to make any changes. There are quite a few restrictions, but we were very happy with our experience. If you are able to book last minute, and are flexible with dates... this may be an option for you.

Hey Srhodes :) Welcome to the disboards. The IGT/OGT/VGT rates can show up at anytime, but disney offers them if they are trying to fill up the ship. They may never be offered for a certain cruise. While they are a great price, one isn't able to pick which room they will have. One also has to pay immediately, and is not allowed to make any changes. There are quite a few restrictions, but we were very happy with our experience. If you are able to book last minute, and are flexible with dates... this may be an option for you.

thanks for your help!

1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? IGT Wonder

2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 14

3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get?

Inside cabin, was assigned midship deck 6, 11A

4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?

VERY HAPPY. :banana:, since we weren't given something worse like 11C or 11B (or even a noisy 10C). YAY! We love higher decks and 11A rooms.

5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/a

6. How many days before departure date did you book? About 30

1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Dream (2 staterooms)
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 8
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? Connecting 5A Staterooms 9522 and 9524
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Perfect rooms!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Yes, connecting
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? About 70

Stupid Question, how do you find out when your cabin has been assigned? I booked OGT on Fantasy Aug 11 directly on the DCL site, pd in full (sounds like I should have gone DU for OBC, but oh well)

Stupid Question, how do you find out when your cabin has been assigned? I booked OGT on Fantasy Aug 11 directly on the DCL site, pd in full (sounds like I should have gone DU for OBC, but oh well)

It will show up in your reservation so just logon and see if it is assigned. It should say stateroom XXXX.

1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Dream

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 9

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) 4A Deck 9

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Love it!

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 60

See my responses in pink above...
We are midship deck 7, connecting category 4C's, deluxe family with verandas. Super excited! We paid $5800 ish and I looked to see what these rooms would currently go for....$10852!

That's awesome! My family and my parents and another family all booked vgts for Fantasy. My parents and my family eached booked 5dgty and the other family did 6agty. My room was immediately assigned as a 4e but then the next day changed to a 5d. The other two rooms not assigned yet. We are still 57 days out. We had originally thought we would book connecting rooms but then decided to go the gty route to save my parents and us the expense and secretly hoping to land a cat 4 or better room without the extra cost since there are four of us. It would be great if we got connecting rooms at least. I figured that wasn't even a possibility once we went gty.

We were on the June 15th sailing on the Dream. We booked a VGT stateroom in mid April. We got our room assignment exactly 10 days before sailing. I believe it was a category 5D. It was on deck 6 aft. We were very happy with our room and location.

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Dream
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 9
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get?4d on deck 6
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy!!
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 50

What date is your cruise? Mine is 7-13-12....I am getting ansy to know the cabin!

it was June 29 - loved it! :lovestruc. I have to delete my ticker, lol! DS5 had such a great time & DH was not disappointed! LOVED the room & although people always say they are not in there, we are, so we appreciated the comfy and roomy and views and room service. I would like to personally thank and hug the person who designated that room to us if I could. Soooo conveniently located! Well, good luck and I hope that you will be as happy as we were. Now its Back to work tomorrow after 10 great days! :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter