Let's use this thread to keep track of IGT, OGT and VGT assignments?

So happy to finally be able to post on here!

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? OGT on the wonder, September 2, 2013 sailing to Alaska
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 14
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 9B-2544

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Definitely better than what others have gotten!

#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? About 70 days ago today or 84 from sail date. We booked on first day of IGT, OGT, VGT

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Wonder

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5B - Room 7030

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I am only 2 doors away from the 5A's so very happy

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 82 days

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Fantasy, Sept 7

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 18 (early!)

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4E, 5158 & 5160

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Thrilled! Two HUGE Verandahs!

#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? YES! Adjoining! :-)

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 52 Only offered VGT for this Cruise, no IGT or OGT.

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Fantasy, Sept 7

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 18 (early!)

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4E, 5158 & 5160

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Thrilled! Two HUGE Verandahs!

#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? YES! Adjoining! :-)

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 52 Only offered VGT for this Cruise, no IGT or OGT.

So excited! Waiting for our 9/14 Fantasy VGT! Yours came early!!!

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Fantasty
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 24
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4E
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Extremely happy we got an oversized verandah
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/a
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 65? I think...

^^^

We're practically identical!

9/14 Fantasy - VGT

4E, 5028

Very happy. Big room. Big verandah. Can't complain. If we booked a 4E today it'd be $928 more than the VGT booking. Not too shabby at all!

Booked VGT at like 65 or 55 days out. Can't remember. It was the first day VGT was offered. No other *GTs were available.

Received our assignment 24 days out. Early!

Didn't have any other rooms booked.

;)

I am waiting on my VGT assignment for 9/21 Eastern in the Fantasy. Anyone received an assignment for 9/21 yet?

Tracy

I think it would be interesting to see what kind of rooms are being assigned when booking a IGT, OGT or VGT room. I'm interested to see what categories are assigned, if the assigned rooms are in desirable locations, etc. I didn't see a thread that followed these over time, so if you booked one of these rooms could you please post your assignments when you get them (or post now if you recently got your assignment)? Please include:

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship?
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get?
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
#6. How many days before departure date did you book?

I think tracking this info over time will give us a better idea of what we might anticipate when booking one of these bargain rooms...

1) VGT
2) 16
3) 5D
4) Happy
5) We had booked one room as a 4D months earlier and then added the VGT when they came out. I am happy we are on the same deck.
6) 78

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Fantasy

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4C - Room 7112

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Deck 7 Mid-ship = Happy

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 56 days

I think it would be interesting to see what kind of rooms are being assigned when booking a IGT, OGT or VGT room. I'm interested to see what categories are assigned, if the assigned rooms are in desirable locations, etc. I didn't see a thread that followed these over time, so if you booked one of these rooms could you please post your assignments when you get them (or post now if you recently got your assignment)? Please include:

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT on the Wonder
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? Room 7022, I think it is a 5a but not sure
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy, close to elevators
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 106

I think tracking this info over time will give us a better idea of what we might anticipate when booking one of these bargain rooms...

Can't wait for our cruise!!

So excited!!! Just booked the 10/27/13 Halloween Magic cruise out of Miami on a IGT rate that I saw late last night online (booked with a TA this morning). They also had OGT rates as well (no VGT rates). Saved $300 compared to the regular inside rate.

Booked 53 days out and anxiously waiting for an assignment. Can't wait to see the new Magic!!! May try for port upgrade to O/V or verandah but still happy to just be onboard. Have been waiting for this to go *GT rates for months!!

Hope this helps anyone else who wanted the 5 night Halloween cruise on Magic.

MJ

I am waiting on my VGT assignment for 9/21 Eastern in the Fantasy. Anyone received an assignment for 9/21 yet?

Tracy

We're waiting as well and hoping that tomorrow is the day. Good luck with your assignment!:goodvibes

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship?

IGT Wonder 9/14 Panama Canal

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get?

11A Deck 6

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?

Not overly happy, well aware that I booked an inside cabin, hoping for a bit more room in a 10 rather than an 11.

N/A
#6. How many days before departure date did you book?

41 days.

The ship seems pretty empty, will try for portside upgrade...

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Fantasy
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 16
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4C
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Great midship cabin with staterooms above and below (should be quiet) only a few doors down from our last VGT on Fantasy!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? Approximately 60:banana:

Oops, sorry should have explained. They stand for Inside guarantee, outside guarantee and veranda guarantee. These rates are offered at times by DCL at great rates but they come with restrictions. First of all you are only guaranteed the category you book, so either inside, outside, or veranda. You don't get to choose your room and are assigned one by DCL at some point- usually very close to travel time. In addition, you may not cancel, change your reservation etc. and must pay in full at the time of booking. Hope that helps.

How much is normally saved by booking one of these? Say a VGT?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter