Let's use this thread to keep track of IGT, OGT and VGT assignments?

Anyone on the Dream on 7/25 with a VGT rate gotten your stateroom assignment yet? It's 11 days out and still haven't seen a room assignment yet.... I'm getting anxious/nervous! :goodvibes

Seems like they assign a lot of *gt rooms about 12 days out so hopefully you will get it tomorrow or Tuesday!

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT, Disney Dream
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5C, Deck 7
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Honestly, I would have been happy with whatever I got..... This is our first Disney cruise! :cool1: I will say though, I wonder if we got what we got based on our party size (2)?
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 64 (literally the day the VGT rates came out.... I had been stalking for them like a hawk). LOL! :lmao:

I'm 24 days out... its a surprise trip for my husband and I still haven't told him. Its killing me!! I'd like to not tell him until the morning we are supposed to leave (I'm sneaky enough to be able to pack for him!) But, having a room assignment to think about may make it easier, Im about to burst waiting!!

btw... although I specifically asked DU to have DCL send my cruise docs to my work address, they came to my home mail box today. Dh was home but didn't get the mail, thank goodness since it says..."Cruise documents" right on the front! Whew!

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship?
VGT Dream
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get?
5A 10562
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got
a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?
Happy, I orig. tried to book an 11c, took the VGT at same price.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
1 room only
#6. How many days before departure date did you book?
June 27th

redmomof4 said:
I'm 24 days out... its a surprise trip for my husband and I still haven't told him. Its killing me!! I'd like to not tell him until the morning we are supposed to leave (I'm sneaky enough to be able to pack for him!) But, having a room assignment to think about may make it easier, Im about to burst waiting!!

btw... although I specifically asked DU to have DCL send my cruise docs to my work address, they came to my home mail box today. Dh was home but didn't get the mail, thank goodness since it says..."Cruise documents" right on the front! Whew!

Yeah they need to figure something out. Don't think its DU, I think its DC. We had a similar situation this spring. Dad booked it for mom as a surprise and invited us kids on it, but we had just gotten back from a 7day carnival with 3 days at Disney and we didn't see how we could take any more time off or how it would be feasible financially back to back either. Then I thought we just couldnt not go on our family's first Disney Cruise for their 45th so we kids all planned to join them but were going to surprise both of them, so dad knew about the cruise but not that we all were going with him.

A week after we book (with two weeks to go) mom calls me and asks if I know anything about a cruise... She has found the mail. (Since I'm the family Disney geek, she automatically calls me.) She excitedly asks if anyone else is going, totally putting me on the spot! I have to tell her how bad I feel because we just took a long trip with our friends, we didn't know he was planning, yadda ayda. So she doesn't want to ruin Dads surprise, so she seals it back up and puts the entire packet of mail back in the box for dad to get when he got home.

All this while, he is texting me every day "I almost let the surprise slip!" And she is calling me like three times a week and I have to be so careful not to say anything to either because he doesn't know she knows, etc. It was torture! We finally got thru two weeks and "surprised" them, thank goodness, but who knows! At the rate they are being sneaky, they might have known anyway and we shall never know!

Those dern cruise docs need to be better about being sent to an alternative address. Anyway I think mom was glad to know she was going so she could pack her outfits etc that she wanted. She knew she was going on a FL trip to visit friends but supposedly didn't know about the cruise, but then silly dad would say "yep she's all packed up!" Riiight... She's packed for 7 days even tho she knows she's going for 3 days to visit friends huh... He is so funny!

Our story about springing the surprise on them at dinner at the contemporary is funny too. Surprises are hard!!!

I'm so glad I found this thread!! Just booked my first VGT yesterday about 45 days out so it looks like I'll have to wait awhile to hear some news!! It's very encouraging that mostly everyone seems to be happy with their room assignments and those of you who booked more than one room are close together. We have linked reservations with my parents so a connecting room would be so incredibly awesome! I know it's a long shot so even if we're on the same floor ill be super happy!! Will update here as soon as I find out our info! Happy cruising all!

Has anyone got their cabin assignment for the Aug. 1 sailing of the Dream?
Thought it might be today, but nothing yet.

Still waiting for VGT cabin assignment for August 1 sailing of Dream. Also Florida resident rates with cabin choice announced two days ago are $400 cheaper than the VGT rate. Not complaining, I knew the VGT rules, just frustrated!

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT - Disney Dream
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5A

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I thinks so.

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 40 days

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Dream Aug.1
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 7 days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4E deck 5
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Think the extended balcony will be interesting; I`m happy.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? one room only
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 36 days

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5C

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? We are very happy with our location and saved a lot of money! Well worth the wait.

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 40 days

I have been following this forum; We don't sail until September 14th, guessing my stateroom assignment won't happen qiuck enough for us. Anyway :cool1: I'm thinking l'll be happy with what ever VGT Mickey gives me.:offtopic:

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT - Disney Fantasy
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 15
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 4A 9 (RM 9626)

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Thrilled , I am so glad I booked VGT at last minute!!!

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 22 days

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5A Deck 10

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy, the room report states it is right under the adult pool, but from the ship deck diagrams, that isn't possible. Its very close to the elevators so under a concierge room.

#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 34 days (I think)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter