Let's use this thread to keep track of IGT, OGT and VGT assignments?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by mddisneyfamily, Apr 30, 2012.

1. VowRenewal13

VowRenewal13 Mouseketeer

Maybe you will get some Pixie Dust and get an awesome room!:dance3:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jillgunter

jillgunter Mouseketeer

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT Fantasy
    #2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12 (Fantasy Nov 10th cruise)
    #3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5C
    #4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? nope, deck 7 close to mid ship
    #5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
    #6. How many days before departure date did you book? 50 or 60 days, cant remember!

4. JonKPest

JonKPest Earning My Ears

VGT
    Wonder
    2 Weeks
    5c
    2 months prior

5. palmtreelover1

palmtreelover1 Earning My Ears

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? IGT, Nov 10, 2012, Magic
    #2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11
    #3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 11A, 6547
    #4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy, mid ship room, so that is good. Was hoping for at least an ocean view since it seemed like that cruise wasn't selling well and we are previous DCL cruisers. It's all good, we are on the boat. :)
    #5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
    #6. How many days before departure date did you book? 90 or so

6. darthpaul

darthpaul Earning My Ears

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? VGT, Fantasy
    #2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11
    #3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 5c
    #4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy
    #5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? -
    #6. How many days before departure date did you book? 45

7. mylittlebuttercup

mylittlebuttercup DIS Veteran

We still have not gotten a room assignment for the 11/8 Dream cruise, even though people on later cruises have :-( Has anyone else on the 11/8 cruise been assigned a room yet?

8. disneydreamer82

disneydreamer82 DIS Veteran

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? IGT, Fantasy
    #2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10
    #3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 11A room 9023
    #4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy with the location at first but after sailing we found out that there was a pantry door right beside our cabin and every morning like clockwork starting at 7am loud banging began. It was the pantry door slamming shut every few mins. Didn't ruin our cruise by far but I would not purposely book this cabin again!
    #5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
    #6. How many days before departure date did you book? 18

9. mylittlebuttercup

mylittlebuttercup DIS Veteran

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room, and on which ship? IGT, Dream

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?
    Only three days before!!!

#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 11A, Room 8083

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?
    Mostly happy--It's midship and not directly near large public areas like clubs and stuff. It is a little close to the elevators for my taste though, and it appears to be a connecting room, which we didn't want.

#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
    N/A

#6. How many days before departure date did you book?
    69 days

10. norcalcruiser

norcalcruiser Earning My Ears

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room? VGT Wonder
    #2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 13
    #3. What category did you get (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever)? 5A 7536
    #4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?Miship Area-Port. Looks great to me
    #5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
    #6- How many days before departure date did you book ? 33

11. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

One thing I noticed is that a family of 4 or more will never get put in a 7A on the Magic/Wonder because they sleep 3. I don't know about the new ships or the other verandah cats. We are a family of 2 and were assigned a 7A on the Wonder. I actually loved it and will always book it on the classic ships if its available.

12. SG101

SG101 Mouseketeer

OMG --- my in-laws are booked in that room.

13. norcalcruiser

norcalcruiser Earning My Ears

They didn't email me. I just kept going to my reservation page and checking every day.:)

14. nym

nym Earning My Ears

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT room? 2 x VGT, Wonder - Thanksgiving Cruise (November 18th)
    #2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 13
    #3. What category did you get (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever)? Both 7A, 5640 & 5638
    #4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Not great given that I've seen others are getting 5A and 5B. This was a last minute book though, so I suspect we were low down on the priority list. Hard to complain given that it ended up be 40% off the price of a confirmed stateroom.
    #5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Yes, next door to each other. DCL does a good job of trying to keep people together.
    #6- How many days before departure date did you book ? 20

15. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

It's because there are only two of you. Many of those assigned to higher categories might have had more than 3 in their party. 7As only sleep 3.

16. Dogsambam

Dogsambam Mouseketeer

I have a question. I booked a 9a quad guarantee on the wonder. How does this differ from a IGT, OGT and VGT guarantee?

17. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

Usually the OGT is cheaper. The VGT might be comparable to the price you paid for the cat 9. The IGT will be much cheaper.

18. Dogsambam

Dogsambam Mouseketeer

What is a 9a guarantee? Does something like this guarantee have a chance of getting upgraded more so than a ogt? I know sill questions, but I thought I'd ask. Des anyone have any experience with these kind of guarantees?

19. 61maris61

61maris61 Mouseketeer

We booked an Inside Guarantee on the Dream for the Dec 9 sailing. Since we booked late (Nov 1), I was expecting Deck 2, forward or aft. Instead we got 9103, mid-ship. No complaints.

20. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

The GTY is different from the *GT rate. The GTY is where they put you when the category is booked up and they can't assign you a room. There's chance for upgrade to a different category but you're more likely to get the cat you booked. The *GT rate is an extremely restricted rate fare that tends to pop up after the PIF date.

21. vleeth

vleeth I heart Disney

Hoping to get my assignment in the next week!