Let's Get Ready to Crumble!- COMPLETED!

I am in....your desription of the meals are awesome.....I am heading there in a few weeks and staying at OKW (I was upgraded!) and so looking forward to it....

Shari, loved your reviews of CHH and Kona. We love CHH and haven't been the last two years but plan to be there in 20 days. We've never done Kona, but your pictures look awesome and I love me some pot stickers. I think we'll have to add Kona on our next trip (we're trying their breakfast for the first time this trip). Looking forward to your review of Yak & Yeti (I won't tell you our thoughts...yet).

Thank you! Yes, we would like to try Kona breakfast in the future (if that ever happens...sob!) we went back to Ohana breakfast this trip - a review of that coming up soon. Those pot stickers were heavenly!

Looks good too! I love the drink! I will have to try that next trip!!!!!;) We always go to the Poly for breakfast but we will try it for dinner next trip!:) Great pics. too!:wizard:

Yes - this was our first Poly dinner and we weren't disappointed. I think you can always hear differing opinions on the WDW restaurants but sometimes you've just got to give it a go and make up your own mind.

I've never tried CHH but it looked decent and I already have an ADR for dinner at the Kona Cafe and your review got me super psyched! Everything looked yummy but $31 for a drink is a bit steep:scared1: Can't wait for more of your report its great:flower3:

Thank you merry mouse! CHH is a very nice counter service option - it's a bit more civilised than some of the others can be. The Lapu Lapu was $13 dollars - and worth every cent! One of my goals this trip was to try as many cocktails as I could. I did pretty well!

:cloud9:So glad to read another good review of the tuna oscar. I am dying to try it! :cloud9:

I wasn't disappointed -it was great! Thanks for reading!

great start. we like chh bt love kona cafe. this year we are trying o'hana for a change - hope it will be as good. looking forward to more!

Yes, we couldn't decide between Ohana and Kona - we plumped for Kona but I bet we would have enjoyed Ohana too. We just love the Poly!

count me in please!

Certainly gardengirl - you are most welcome!

I am in....your desription of the meals are awesome.....I am heading there in a few weeks and staying at OKW (I was upgraded!) and so looking forward to it....

I am jealous - we loved OKW and are missing it like mad! Thank you for reading!

I'd better get on with some school work now - but I hope to post another update later tonight!

Yay! Your back! I remember your awesome reviews from a couple years ago and it looks like you're off to a great start with this one. Thanks for sharing :thumbsup2

I'm here - better late than never!
Looking forward to hearing more, just 25 days for us now!

thanks for a wonderfu update.

Thanks for reading!

Yay! Your back! I remember your awesome reviews from a couple years ago and it looks like you're off to a great start with this one. Thanks for sharing :thumbsup2

Awww! How kind! It's great to relive all those delicious meals with like-minded people.

I'm here - better late than never!
Looking forward to hearing more, just 25 days for us now!

Hey Meryll!:flower3:

We saw some hallowe'en stuff in the shops on the last day - 25 days! How exciting!

Thursday 12th August - Animal Kingdom

For lunch today we had an ADR at Yak and Yeti. We'd tried the counter service last time and we fancied having a meal at the table service equivalent.

We'd heard some good reports of this place and we were intrigued to try it for ourselves.

It was a particularly hot day so we were glad to shelter in this cool restaurant - which is beautifully themed.

We soon all got refreshing drinks:

DSCF2777.jpg

I decided to have iced tea instead of continuing my quest for cocktails - it was a bit too hot outside to drink too much alcohol. But I do regret not trying a Yak Attack.

Trisha was our server and she was really perky and chatty. She was very helpful and could not do enough for us.

We decided not to have starters and went straight for the main courses. Simon tried the steak and shrimp:

DSCF2784.jpg

He really enjoyed this - I tried a bit of the steak and it was delicious.

Kate had been eyeing up the Mahi Mahi and she was not disappointed:

DSCF2783.jpg

She hoovered this up - it was an enormous piece of fish and she loved it.

Sarah went for the crispy honey chicken:

DSCF2782.jpg

This was just Sarah's perfect type of food. I tried a piece of chicken and the honey sauce was lovely.

I was tempted by the steak and shrimp but I decided to be impulsive and try the maple tamarind chicken:

DSCF2781.jpg

I did not regret it! This was wonderful - the chicken was very moist and the flavours were delicate. I also loved the rice it came with.

Sarah was too full for dessert, Kate had the chocolate cake and Simon had the sorbet which was very light and refreshing after a big main course!

There was only one thing I wanted to try - and Trisha also recommended them - the fried wontons!

DSCF2789.jpg

You know when you read about something so much, and so many people say how wonderful something is and that you must try it? And then you go and try it and it's a disappointment?

Well........this was not the case at all! These were AMAZING! Probably my favourite dessert of the whole holiday. They were just heavenly. I particularly loved the vanilla honey drizzle, the wontons were deliciously crisp and the fried cheese went perfectly with the drizzle. Add to that lovely fresh strawberries and delicious, creamy ice cream. I was sold!

Seriously, we all really enjoyed our meal at the Yak n Yeti. The food was delicious and the service was great. We would definitely go back.

Without the dining plan it would have cost: $143-49

We paid $28-49 - for one of our drinks and the tip.

Crumble rating - 7 out of 10

That evening we went back to MK and ended up eating in Pecos Bill's for the first time. I tried a taco salad which I enjoyed, Simon and Kate had burgers and Sarah had a chicken caesar salad. The food was good but it was very busy in there and we were feeling quite tired after a busy day.

Oops! Forgot to post this pic of Kate with her fortune cookie, which we all recieved at Yak n Yeti:

DSCF2786.jpg

Great start!

I started reading ..stopped in my tracks when I saw an english breakfast and scrolled back up to see you were english.

We're flying from Manchester to OKW in October. Currently debating Olivia's or CS for the first night.

Great start!

I started reading ..stopped in my tracks when I saw an english breakfast and scrolled back up to see you were english.

We're flying from Manchester to OKW in October. Currently debating Olivia's or CS for the first night.

Ha ha! Yes - definitely English! That breakfast at Manchester airport was really good.

Olivia's was really good for the first night - gave us chance to catch our breath. I never tried the CS at OKW but Simon did and said it was good.

We loved OKW!:thumbsup2

I'm so glad that you enjoyed Yak & Yeti. We went in 2008 and absolutely LOVED it.

I'm in.

I will say this, I think you missed out at Yak and Yehti when you didn't order appetizers. We felt they were some of the best of our last trip.

Enjoy reading your report so far.

Oh, and my wife wanted to know what you had for breakfast in those first pictures. Some sort of ham? :confused: :)

Awesome reviews! I can't wait to read on. Seems like you guys had a great start to some yummy food!:goodvibes

Loving your report so far :thumbsup2. Your style reminds me of the "infamous" Sonya (aka Pooh's-Honey-Pot), who we were soooooo lucky to meet (along with her charming husband Tony :cool2:) on our cruise last year :woohoo:.

Great reviews! Loved Kona and Tuna Oscar is my favorite too! :thumbsup2

It really was delicious - the tuna steak was enormous! I love dishes with lots of different componants to them.

I'm so glad that you enjoyed Yak & Yeti. We went in 2008 and absolutely LOVED it.

It was great - we all really enjoyed it and that's quite a coup when you have four people with differing tastes - especially teenagers! Sarah and Kate kept wanting to adopt various servers - the cute ones and the friendly ones - Trisha was one they wanted to bring home with them!

I'm in.

I will say this, I think you missed out at Yak and Yehti when you didn't order appetizers. We felt they were some of the best of our last trip.

Enjoy reading your report so far.

Oh, and my wife wanted to know what you had for breakfast in those first pictures. Some sort of ham? :confused: :)

I don't really know why we didn't order appetizers here. Even though we were on the dining plan and appetizers were extra, we usually got them and paid OOP for them. I think it was just a really hot day and we needed drinks rather than food - the entrees and desserts were more than enough.

It is bacon on the breakfast plates! Very popular in England - but not as crispy as the bacon in USA.

Awesome reviews! I can't wait to read on. Seems like you guys had a great start to some yummy food!:goodvibes

Thank you! Yes, and would you believe that the food gets even better???

Loving your report so far :thumbsup2. Your style reminds me of the "infamous" Sonya (aka Pooh's-Honey-Pot), who we were soooooo lucky to meet (along with her charming husband Tony :cool2:) on our cruise last year :woohoo:.

Thank you - what an honour!

I was disappointed not to bump into any other DIS people at WDW - maybe I just wasn't observant enough! I know that Karen (Dizneeat) was at OKW at the same time as us but I didn't see her!:sad1:

Thanks to everyone for reading - Hopefully I'll have another update soon!

I am enjoying your posts! I love the pics. My DD told me about how much she loves your posts and pics. So glad to hear about Yak and Yeti. We will be going in November. Can't wait to read more!

I am enjoying your posts! I love the pics. My DD told me about how much she loves your posts and pics. So glad to hear about Yak and Yeti. We will be going in November. Can't wait to read more!

Awwww! That's so kind! Thank you to you and your DD!:) You will love Yak and Yeti!

Great reviews so far! Can't wait to read more! :surfweb:

Thanks for reading - there's lots more to come!

Friday 13th (!) August

Today Simon went off to the Star Wars Celebration V convention and left me and the girls to our own devices.

We chose to go to EPCOT and the plan was to eat around World Showcase (and maybe drink a little too ;))

We had a play in Future World first and then wandered to WS. The new counter service in Mexico looks to be coming along well. There was a booth selling counter service food nearby but we didn't try it.

Sarah demanded that we went to Norway and the Kringla Bakeri Og so that she could get her beloved Cloudberry Horn:

DSCF2831.jpg

DSCF2830.jpg

Kate also had one of these but I decided to go wild and try something different. So I had a sweet pretzel with almonds. It was sweet and delicious but huge! It could have fed two people easily:

DSCF2832.jpg

I was tempted to scoff it down but I knew there was plenty of other food I wanted to try so I only ate most of it :rolleyes1

We used five snack credits for this as we had a sprite and a coffee also

After our delicious snack we wandered along some more. By the time we got to America Kate decided she wanted some chicken nuggets - so we went into the Liberty Inn and shared a portion (Sorry - no picture!)

We also shared a Rocky Road chocolate mousse for pudding -and this was yummy!

This cost us one counter service credit.

After a while, we ended up where I really wanted to be - Morocco! I really wanted to try a meal at Tangierine cafe.

We got a lamb wrap to share (I must admit I ate most of it):

DSCF2856.jpg

This was absolutely delicious! The lamb was beautifully seasoned and tender - the flat bread was soft and wonderful. The salads and the dressings made everything taste so light and fresh. I think this may have been my favourite counter service meal in the whole of the time we were there. I loved it!

The dessert was baclava:

DSCF2857.jpg

It was just a bit too sweet for us but we really enjoyed our meal here - especially as we had a great view of Mo-rockin' and the belly dancer!

Another counter service credit (Simon had told us to go wild with the CS meals as we had loads left on our last holiday - as you can see we didn't really keep our end up on this day!)

As we wandered into France I decided that I really HAD to try a Grey Goose Citroen Slush:

DSCF2858.jpg

DSCF2859.jpg

Which was very nice and refreshing - but I've decided that I'm not so keen on frozen drinks as they tickle my throat and make me cough!

We went back to the villa to find that Simon had returned. After a bit of a rest we headed out to Downtown Disney for a bit of a wander and some supper.

We ended up at Wolfgang Puck Express in an attempt to spend some more counter service credits!

I had the chinois chicken salad:

DSCF2865.jpg

This was really tasty - but an enormous salad. I ate most of the chicken and the crispy wontons but had to leave a lot of the salad. I had a creme brule for dessert:

DSCF2867.jpg

Yummy! Simon had a BBQ chicken pizza and then ate most of kate's Pepperoni pizza! Sarah had a chicken pocket sandwich - again it was huge! Simon got a cookie for dessert and Sarah had a vanilla frozen yoghurt:

DSCF2866.jpg

If we had been paying OOP for this meal it would have cost $77-32

Simon and Kate went back to OKW and left me and Sarah to do a bit of shopping. And I knew what I wanted to buy!

I had been dying to go to Goofy's Candy Co. to make my own snacks - I never got to do it last time.

So I went to make these babies:

DSCF2868.jpg

DSCF2874.jpg

Pretzel rods dipped in milk chocolate, crushed butterfingers, pecan nuts and peanut butter chips - finally drizzled with dark chocolate - oh yes!

Back at the villa I popped them into the fridge to enjoy the next day - and enjoy them I did!:thumbsup2

Coming up: May the Force be with us! Our food goes Sci-fi!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter