Let's call this the vacation that almost wasn't....

Always willing to share! give me a minute, I'm brewin up somemore popcorn now. Okay here ya gopopcorn:: .;)

Ok - now that everyone is full of popcorn let's move on:

*Friday 6/6/08*
Today we are checking out of Pop Century and moving on up to our Club Level Room at the Hard Rock Hotel.

I was up very early to go and check in at The HRH. I took the two younger beans with me. We got there and checked in at 8:30AM. They had us in a queen deluxe on the Club Level, and unfortunately it was not ready yet. I was told by the girl who was checking us in that it wouldn't be very long until it was ready - she called housekeeping to put a priority cleaning on our room. I thought to myself "cool, go back, get the rest of the family, pack the car, check out, grab a bite to eat and by then we should be all set." The clerk took my cell phone number and told me that I would get a phone call as soon as the room was ready. Now, if you remember my trip report from last year, we checked in at 3:50PM and our room was not ready - we wound up kicking the housekeeping person out of the room by 5:15 :headache: That was totally unacceptable. I was assured that nothing like that would happen again. So did it? Did we get the runaround again.? ::yes:: Yup.

I went happily on my way thinking of how we would have the whole afternoon to lounge by the pool, relax, unpack, etc.I was a bit wrong in my merriment. But more on that later.

We get back to the Pop. I get the fridge ready for its new swapper. DH took the stuff out to the car and then takes the kids to the arcade so they can run their points on their card out (btw, what a great idea - no dealing with tokens :thumbsup2 ). We leave Pop at noon. I call the HRH to see if the room is ready yet. "No, Mrs. Bean, we are waiting to verify that the person who was in the room has checked out of the hotel." WHAT?? No one told me that there was a guest in there that needed to check out. So now we are looking at another 5pm thing, right??? "We will try to get it done as soon as possible. We need to be sure that the guest has checked out." Well, here's an idea for you - check the computer or knock on the flipping door. Any time we have EVER stayed at a hotel, the day you are due to check out, housekeeping is knocking on the door at the crack of dawn!!!

Wow, I can't believe they did that to you on club level.

you're making me nervous....how late was it when you finally checked in???? I hope your whole day wasn't wasted...:(

Movin on up, We found a SONIC, Outlet Shopping and Night at The Museum poolside :hyper: :bitelip: :hyper: .[/B][/QUOTE]

I can't wait. Thanks for a great trip report. You are helping me prepare for my trip. :thanks:

Last edited by tlinus : Yesterday at 04:13 PM. Reason: will finish in a bit.......lost a whole lot of this post and need a minute

:headache: I hate when that happens! I hope you don't have to re-type a whole days worth of stuff. :(

The whole check-in thing was not great for us, too. When we checked into Club at Royal Pacific I explained that my daughter had a migraine and could they possibly put us in a room soon (it was 12:45 p.m). They said it wouldn't be long at put a priority on our room. Three hours later and two stops by me back to the front desk we finally got our room. Most everything else was great, though.

Karen

*Friday 6/6/08 - Continued*

Ok, so when we last saw our travellers, they were checking out of Pop and found out that their room that was promised at 8:30AM as being ready "very shortly" was not ready at noon :headache:

Thanking the DIS for codes that got us a really cheap rental car, we ventured out in search of food. What do you want? I don't know.....something fast and easy though. Ok - we took I Drive instead of taking I4 to Universal. We passed many, many, many establishments until we came upon this wonderful sight:

Brother002.jpg

Now follow me on this one......we live in the suburbs of Philadelphia. Our Choices for fast food are BK, KFC, Wendy's, McD's and most recently a Chik-Fil-A opened. We really cannot stand these places. We get mocked by the cable commercial Gods on a daily basis with ads for SONIC. The closest SONIC to us has to be over 40 miles away. We sit and watch these teasers and get angry, seriously, we get angry because we can't just jump in the car and go around the block to get a coney island hot dog or a Sonic Blast shake! So the sign popped up and four out of five in the car shouted out "SONIC!!!!!" It was a no brainer. We ate at SONIC.

Brother005.jpg

Brother006.jpg

Brother007.jpg

Brother008.jpg

After stuffing ourselves silly, DH made a decision that only the leader of the pack of this trip could make......"Let's go to the Reebok Outlet" You got it, Daddy!!! We went there on our trip in 2003 (or was it 2004) and DH wanted to get a new pair of sneakers and all black ones for work. Come on, you know the all black ones look just like dress shoes ;) So with me driving and knowing where we were going, we hopped into the car and took IDrive to the end.....dumps right into the outlets ~sidenote here, we know our way around so we did not need the GPS, but it was also this day (day 3 of the rental)that we found out we had Satellite Radio in the car :lmao:

Alright, we are now done shopping and bought DH 2 pairs, K one pair (theirs was buy two get one free) and C and F each got a pair ( buy one get one 1/2 off) I think by now we have wasted more than enough time as it is 2:45 and I call in to check again on the status of the room. My response from the HRH? READY?

"Why, yes, Mrs. L - the room has BEEN ready for a while now."

This was me: :headache: :furious:

Ok. Here is the deal with the onsite Universal Hotels. When you check in and your room is not ready. You give them your cell phone number. When your room IS ready youare supposed to get a FLIPPING PHONE CALL!!!!!! Had I not called in, I wonder how much longer I would have been driving around Orlando waiting for my phone to ring???? Needless to say I told them that and well, they really had no answer for that one. Whatever. We will be right on over.

Get to the check in desk, get room keys reissued, park the car (and you need a room key with parking noted on it to get in and out of the lots. So yes, you get charged for parking!) empty the trunk and head on up to 7041 - Queen Deluxe on the Club level.

Brother010.jpg

Brother011.jpg

Brother012.jpg

Brother033.jpg

Brother030.jpg

Brother013.jpg

We get all settled in, unpacked luggage and stuff from disney stowed away. Went down and to the lounge and got a movie for the kids from the library. The Goonies. Re-ice the cooler and head on down to the lounge :lovestruc . Tonight we had the wing bar, a really nice Cobb Salad, Veggie tray, Cheese and Crackers and there was something else....but I forget. We ate and drank a bit and the kids decided they wanted to go back to the room......so we let them go back and finish watching the movie they were watching and Jim and I stayed for a few more drinks. My cell phone rings. It's Kait. "Mommy, they brought this thing up for my birthday!! It's the movie tin like I had last year!" Here it is:

Brother022.jpg

Brother021.jpg

A few minutes later, my cell phone rings again. It's Kait. Again. "Hey Ma, you need to come on down here there is someone here with something for you." Turns out it was our Loews First Welcome Gift. Beer and nuts. Here IT is:

Brother026.jpg

Brother027.jpg

I went back to the lounge to meet up with DH and told him what we got. We found out that there was a dive in movie Night at the Museum. Got the kids ready and headed out at 7:45pm. Scored great seats, swam and stayed until the end of the movie. All in all, even though we had some issues, we love the Hard Rock and really enjoyed our first evening :thumbsup2

Brother034.jpg

Brother035.jpg

Brother036.jpg

Coming Up Soon:

IOA, sitting in the wettest seat on Popeye, grumpy kids and a Live Band poolside!!!!

okay...you know how busy i am, but i got a notification you added to trippie..... :banana: (besides, if I don't get a chance to read the rest, you can fill me in Wed. nite ;) )

Now follow me on this one......we live in the suburbs of Philadelphia. Our Choices for fast food are BK, KFC, Wendy's, McD's and most recently a Chik-Fil-A opened. We really cannot stand these places. We get mocked by the cable commercial Gods on a daily basis with ads for SONIC. The closest SONIC to us has to be over 40 miles away. We sit and watch these teasers and get angry, seriously, we get angry because we can't just jump in the car and go around the block to get a coney island hot dog or a Sonic Blast shake! So the sign popped up and four out of five in the car shouted out "SONIC!!!!!" It was a no brainer. We ate at SONIC.

Woohoo!! If you are thinking of the Sonic I think you are think of....yep....that's not far from me..... prolly 20-25 min. or so :duck:

Score on the new shoes....I think there's a Reebok outlet in Reading :scratchin ...will haveta check on that.....

I agree....why take your cell # if you don't call? :confused3 Happened to us at HRH too....

Did Court score gift for birthday, or no?? Nice of them...yet AGAIN :thumbsup2

Looks like a relaxing day..... great view at hotel :goodvibes Room is great....layout is opposite of what you had last year.

Dum-dum bring me gum-gum :teeth:

:lmao:

okay...gotta run....gotta git ready..... :wave2:

I hate to say it but Sonic is one of 3 places I have to eat within 5 minutes of me. The others are a Mazzzio's & Mexican restaurant that is only open when they want to be. Everything else is at least 25 minutes away. Needless to say, we don't do Sonic when we are in Orlando!

The whole check-in thing was not great for us, too. When we checked into Club at Royal Pacific I explained that my daughter had a migraine and could they possibly put us in a room soon (it was 12:45 p.m). They said it wouldn't be long at put a priority on our room. Three hours later and two stops by me back to the front desk we finally got our room. Most everything else was great, though.

Karen

do what i did last october.
room was not ready and i had checked in at 7:30 am.

i found a lounge in the lobby and laid down on it and slept.
my room was ready soon after that.

i snored someone told me.

popcorn::I Gotta stay club @ least once!!

i have stayed at club in standard, deuxe queen and king suite.

all were great...you should try it sometime

tlinus, from your room you should have had a great view of pbh lite up at night.
did you get any pics of that?

OHH BK, Wendys, and Chik fila. :lovestruc I am soooo jealous. All we have here is Sonic (love the cokes with crushed ice) stupid McDonalds and stupid Popeyes (where someone was actually caught peeing in the fried chicken grease :stir: ) Never again I say.
Im really lovin your tr...especially now since you gettin to the good place.

think i'll take a pass for popeyes............i'll stick to the colonel.......:laughing:

i have stayed at club in standard, deuxe queen and king suite.

all were great...you should try it sometime

tlinus, from your room you should have had a great view of pbh lite up at night.
did you get any pics of that?

I had the same view last year.....just one room over :goodvibes I did not get any night shots....because as good as I may seem, my camera sucks at night shots :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter