Let's call this the vacation that almost wasn't....

Wednesday 6/4/08

Ahh - what a beautiful morning. Ok, so, what are we going to do today? Yup, that's right, we went to Disney and had NO touring plans. I will give you all a moment to gather yourselves back up after that whammy :rotfl2:

We had old tickets that still had the plus option available. So why not do a waterpark. Hmmmm - Typooon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach? Typhoon Lagoon it is then!!

DSCN3239.jpg

DSCN3204.jpg

We arrived at the front gate and swiped our cards and into the park we went. Now, it has been well over 14 years or more that I have been to Typhoon Lagoon - but it looks the same :thumbsup2 It was quite crowded, but manageable.

DSCN3198.jpg

DSCN3199.jpg

DSCN3203.jpg

Spend some time with Fbean in the Kiddie area - he had a blast - well, after he got over being mad about being there.

BEFORE:
DSCN3205.jpg

DURING:
DSCN3206.jpg

DSCN3207.jpg

DSCN3214.jpg

DSCN3217.jpg

AFTER BEING MAD
DSCN3218.jpg

DSCN3219.jpg

We ate at the counterservice there - Leaning Palms - and had some really good lunch. I didn't have the camera - so no pictures of the food. But Me and Cbean split a pulled pork sandwich. DH had a double bacon cheesburger, Kbean had a chicken sandwich and Fbean had the kids hot dog meal. Came to $42.00.

Some parting pictures at Typhoon Lagoon

DSCN3235.jpg

DSCN3236.jpg

DSCN3237.jpg

DSCN3241.jpg

DSCN3242.jpg

and this hibiscus that became my friend while hanging out in the kiddie area:

DSCN3210.jpg

We did some more swimming and a few more rides down the body slides for DH and Kait. We were happy and cooled off and it was time to leave.....we were going to DHS for evening magic hours (what a mistake :rolleyes1 ).

Coming up - a very short EMH trip to DHS and the previously mentioned meltdown

Wednesday 6/4/08 continued

Ok, well we get back to the room, shower change and get to the bus stop at 7-7:30pm. The park was scheduled to close at 10 and we wanted to get our wristbands for what I thought was an awesome deal. The whole park is open for Disney guests for 3 extra hours :hyper: Yeah - had I planned things out, I would have found out that going to EMH was NOT a good idea.

The park was packed, and there were no more fastpasses for The Rockin Rollercoaster. We did manage to get some fastpasses for the Tower of Terror.

DSCN3263.jpg

Now all of this time I have been listening to Fbean say he wants to ride Star Tours. He has recently become a Star Wars addict.......what happened to the days of Supermario and Thomas?? :confused3 :confused3

We make our way over to the Star Tours ride:

DSCN3264.jpg

DSCN3265.jpg

DSCN3268.jpg

And stop for a little snack:

First churro of the vacation (and certainly NOT the last)

DSCN3269.jpg

KBean hasn't had one of these in a long time:

DSCN3270.jpg

And here we go......(had to borrow this picture as it was getting dark and I was dealing with a VERY tired little man)

disney-star-wars-weekend-star-tours.jpg

BINGO - a ten minute wait :thumbsup2 :woohoo:
DSCN3272.jpg

he finally got to the only ride he wanted to be on in that park. LITERALLY the only ride. While F, C and I shopped in the store, DH and K did their two turns on the Tower of Terror. We met up right outside the exit and they checked on the RNR again.....no dice......still over an our wait.

Did you notice how I mentioned that little man was tired. And that the only ride he wanted to go on was ST? He meant it.......at 10pm he folded. melted. he.was.DONE!!!! DH took him back to the room on the bus. I stayed just a bit longer with the girls to do the Toy Story Mania ride. We liked it alot. May have waited about 20 minutes. Here's the queue:

DSCN3276.jpg

DSCN3278.jpg

DSCN3279.jpg

DSCN3280.jpg

DSCN3285.jpg

DSCN3287.jpg

DSCN3290.jpg

Lesson learned on 6/4/08??
We are DEFINATELY not a two-park-a-day type family. :headache:

After the Toy Story ride the girls and I looked at each other. We were done too. So ends the night and this portion of the trip report.

Coming Up:

The Magic Kingdom, Crystal Palace and Get me OFF this ride!!!

i noticed that Mr Bean wore his Universal hat at the disney water park.

did he get many compliments.....:rolleyes1

You made friends with a hibiscus? Was there alcoholic beverages involved? :bitelip:

I have learned that we aren't a 2 park a day family either. No reason to pay extra for park hopping. We never, and I mean never, visit more than one park per day.

EMH didn't work out for you, huh? I think I've read somewhere that they can be a bit crowded. :rolleyes1

First....LOVE the pix :worship:

Second...why was FBean "mad"...because it was the kid section?

Third...GREAT pic of you and the girls... my dear friend, you are in SO much trouble w/ KBean and boys :rolleyes1

Fourth....Tell CBean I notice her polish doesn't match ;)

Fifth....what's with the dude in the background of FBean's churro pic? :confused3 That seems kinda rude what he did there :mad:

Sixth....uh...didn't I mention evening EMHs were WAY more crowded than mornings? :confused3 :headache: We ain't mornin' peeps, but we'd prefer morning to evenings...it's too long at night for the littles....

Seventh.... yay! Waitin' for more....gimmie.... :hyper:

You made friends with a hibiscus? Was there alcoholic beverages involved? :bitelip:

I have learned that we aren't a 2 park a day family either. No reason to pay extra for park hopping. We never, and I mean never, visit more than one park per day.

EMH didn't work out for you, huh? I think I've read somewhere that they can be a bit crowded. :rolleyes1

no....no alcohol, but I swaer I was standing there so long that in certain circles I am sure we are now married :rotfl: I took at least 6 pictures on different settings with the camera - and that one ^^^is one of the best.

no more multipark days - we just can't hang like that :smokin:

Third...GREAT pic of you and the girls... my dear friend, you are in SO much trouble w/ KBean and boys :rolleyes1

First off try BB next time if FBean did not like kiddie area at TL. There is a kiddie area and a bigger kiddie area at BB. He would love the bigger kiddie area. I know, not much help now. But in the future it might help.

Second, Barb is so right. I was thinking the same thing myself.

Third, I am here and wanting more!!!!!!

DSCN3205.jpg

DSCN3219.jpg

These two are my favorite photos.
When the kids are younger their bad moods come and go so quick, unlike the teens where it could go on all day!

First....LOVE the pix :worship:

Fourth....Tell CBean I notice her polish doesn't match ;)

Fifth....what's with the dude in the background of FBean's churro pic? :confused3 That seems kinda rude what he did there :mad:

Sixth....uh...didn't I mention evening EMHs were WAY more crowded than mornings? :confused3 :headache: We ain't mornin' peeps, but we'd prefer morning to evenings...it's too long at night for the littles....

Seventh.... yay! Waitin' for more....gimmie.... :hyper:

1 - I know you love pix.....any pix.....I am at yer service :worship:
2 - Yeah - he was mad because he was at the big wave pool and the older girls and Jim wanted to go do the slides. So I took him there so I could keep track of him.
3 - Ya think? I now know she has boys that are friends. They text message her and all :eek: I told you all she changed alot since last year!!! But thanks for the compliment/forewarning!! :goodvibes
4 - She did that on purpose - she wanted to do my toes - I declined :bitelip: :rotfl:
5 - Robert was right....that was Jim behind Frank.....he does that sometimes :joker:
6 - I thought you mentioned that :headache: :mad: So much for me listening to anyone :lmao:
7 - I will have the new installment up tomorrow :thumbsup2

Sharon -

Thanks for dropping in - little man sometimes has worse mood swings than I do when PMSing. Now the teen thing I am just starting to find out - oy :headache: :headache:

it looks like bean #2 and bean #3 look like mama bean

bean #1 looks like daddy bean

I am really enjoying your report. The toy story line looked like it would take your mind off the wait, well maybe for a few minutes. Thanks for the report.

I thought we were getting an update this morning??? Patience is not one of my virtues!:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter