Let the Partying Begin-December 3-7, 2015 Pretrip Report

LuvEeyore

DIS Veteran
Let the Partying Begin-December 3-7, 2015 Pre-trip Report

Hi There!! My name is Lee and I am addicted to Disney. I love my addiction and do not want to give it up. I have two others that are addicted as well. The two with addictions just like mine are my Mom and God-daughter Morgan.

Who Are WE?

There are three in our traveling party and we travel all we can. My name is Lee and I am a 50 year old nurse who works in a busy labor and delivery unit at a level 1 trauma center and we are the referral center for most of southwest Virginia and a large portion of Southern West VA. I am the planner and organizer of the trips. My favorite characters are Goofy and Eeyore.

Traveling with me are my mother and God-Daughter. Mom loves all things Disney, loves families and children and was a child welfare supervisor for over 40 years. She grew up with the opening of Disneyland. She is now 80 and has early alzheimer’s or not! Who knows but none of the doctors (and I don’t want to either) want to take her off of her meds to see what happens. She is much better than she was 8 years ago when I moved home. Mom loves all things Disney. She has always loved to travel. She loves my God daughter and calls her grand daughter some times. Mom loves Mickey and Minnie and Alice in Wonderland. We now travel with a wheelchair so Mom doesn’t get so exhausted

Morgan is a 20 year old princess. Not always a pampered princess. She loves Disney but hates planning. She thinks it is stupid to spend so much time planning but loves it when she does something “really awesome” like the Wyanama Safari at Animal Kingdom Lodge and if I hadn’t seen it on DIS would I have known to ask for it?? She loves Disney and has been with me to Disney World twice, Disneyland once, and on a Disney cruise as well as other places. She is a 20 year old student attending Old Dominion University in Norfolk VA double majoring in Dance and Business-Accounting. Morgan’s favorite characters/princesses are Minnie, Tinkerbell and Ariel.

How did this trip come about?

Being the great DISer I am, I was listening to the podcast and heard about this year’s DISpalooza and called Morgan what she thought. She asked me quickly, “You have bought us tickets, haven’t you?” Mom liked the idea so I sent in the registration for the three of us. Guess what? The next day we got the email that we had tickets. What we hadn’t done was look at Morgan’s school schedule.

The Plans So Far

Where we are so far- We have a place to stay and airline tickets-more about this in a minute. I am starting to make ADR’s and plan what we are going to do.

Mom and I are flying Southwest out of Raleigh Durham Airport on Thursday December 3, 2015. http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/SWA8882-Jesse/SouthwestintheBigApple.jpg

This means we need to leave home about 7:30 am and drive the 2+ hours to Raleigh.

We leave Raleigh about 12 noon arriving at about 2 pm. We are taking Magical Express to Saratoga Springs where we have a deluxe studio.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r229/stressedasalways/Disney%202006/Picture016.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/mandaluvsya72/Walt Disney World 2008/100_0381.jpg

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv136/jan-dv/Saratoga%20Springs%20Resort/SaratogaSpringsMap--withlabels.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l26/hfujohn/Disney%20Honeymoon/100_1004.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l26/hfujohn/Disney%20Honeymoon/100_0988.jpg

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii149/putnamds/September%202008%20Disney%20Trip/126.jpg

The Only real plans we have so far is that Morgan will be arriving on Dec 4. She is flying out of Norfolk at 6pm on Southwest. She will be flying to BWI where she will change planes and arrive at MCO about 10:50 p.m. Then she will take Magical Express to join us at Saratoga Springs. Morgan’s last day of class is Friday and she will have some exams this day so she can’t go with us on Thursday. She has to be back on Monday for exams.

Saturday we are going to DISPalooza at Diagon Alley.

Sunday we are going to Epcot and Monday home.

Up next-So what will we do with the time we have not already planned?

Wow, exciting for another trip!! I look forward to hearing about your plans!

I'm here! I can't say I know anything about DISPalooza, but looking forward to hearing your plans!

I'm here! I can't say I know anything about DISPalooza, but looking forward to hearing your plans!
Glad to have you here as well. DISPalooza is a party held every other December by the Podcast crew. It will be at Diagon Alley on Dec 5th 9p-12mn. A limit of 900 tickets was sold. I think 3 hours in Diagon Alley will be a lot of fun. I hope to have more up soon. But first priority is to finish the other trip first.

Guess what I received last week. My DME tags. I put my info in for DME maybe 2 weeks ago and got my tags already.
Last week I also made a couple of Ressie's.
I made one for Thursday night for the table service at Saratoga Springs. I may not keep this if we decide we are going to MVMCP.
I made a ressie for Saturday afternoon at Rainforest Café at 2pm in the afternoon.
I am waiting for the Candlelight processional packages to come out to make a ressie for Sunday.
We have decided to go to Epcot on Sunday and spend most of our time in World Showcase. Morgan has never been before Christmas so when we were talking, she thought she would enjoy time at World Showcase and seeing Candlelight processional. This makes more sense for us as Morgan will need to leave about 7am to get on DME for her 10am flight. so she can be back to school for exams by 1 pm.

Plans so far.

Thursday Dec 3
leave home 7:30 am-get breakfast in route to Raleigh airport. Takes a little over 2 hours to get there
flight leaves at 12:05 pm arrives 2:05 pm? at MCO. Mom and I will us DME
We will probably get a Garden Grocer order for sandwich, breakfast, snack fixings.
Our only plans are to check in have dinner and look around the resort. Relax
Friday Dec 4
Sleep in Mom and I may either do the Yuletide tour or MVMCP
Morgan leaves at 6:00 from Norfolk airport and arrives at MCO at 10:50 pm. I am expecting Morgan sometime after
Midnight
Saturday Dec 5
Sleep in the shop at Disney Springs. Lunch at Rainforest then afternoon rest before DISpalooza.
Diagon Alley 9p-12mn
Sunday Dec 6
Epcot I plan on getting a 1 park ticket
Monday Dec 7
Morgans flight is 10 a
My and Moms flight leaves about 5 pm
Not sure yet what Mom and I will do on Monday-maybe shop, maybe breakfast at one of the hotels.

Any suggestions for Thursday evening, Friday and Monday?

What to do on Thursday afternoon/Night and On Friday?

Hi everyone!! I am back. Life has been busy. Working overtime. Working on cleaning and planning remodeling projects on a 40 year old house. Let’s do a review and see if you all have any ideas.

Thursday, December 3 2015

We will need to leave about 8:00 am to go to the airport. It is about a 2 hour drive. This gives us time to stop for a potty break or grab food. We have flown out of Raleigh before. It is easy to get into and out of. I will be handling Mom and luggage by myself, so I am trying to leave a little cushion. I am hoping for 1 carryon and 1 checked bag between us. Hopefully we will have time to get a snack or early lunch before we take off.

Depart 12:25 pm from Raleigh Durham Airport on

[/URL
]

We are flying Southwest on a direct flight to Orlando and we are scheduled to arrive in Orlando International Airport at 2:05 pm. Once we arrive, we will take the fake monorail and head to Disney’s Magical express. [URL=http://media.photobucket.com/user/stressedasalways/media/Disney%202006/Picture016.jpg.html][/URL
]

Then we will board one of these

[URL=http://media.photobucket.com/user/rob_byers11/media/DSCF2252.jpg.html][/URL
]

Then we will take the bus to

[URL=http://media.photobucket.com/user/KwanFamily_Cruise2008/media/Albert%20and%20Marcia%20Orlando%20Fl%202012%20trip/OrlandoFl2012144.jpg.html][/URL
]

I will do online check in prior to arrival. I have requested an accessible deluxe studio. I am hoping it will be close to the main area or a bus stop as we are not renting a car. I will probably use Garden Grocer unless someone knows of another good option for ordering some groceries. I will order breakfast items, some snacks for the room and to carry with us over the weekend.

I would like to unpack and explore the resort. We have a dinner reservation at the Surf Club Bar and Grill at 7:00. I am planning a very relaxing night. Nothing exciting. I do have a woman’s prerogative to change my mind.

Friday’s ideas

Visit some hotels and check out Christmas Decorations

Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party

The Yuletide Tour-has anyone done one of the special Christmas tours? I’d love to hear from you all any other ideas?

Morgan is flying in on Friday. She is leaving from Norfolk VA after a full day of classes and exams. She will go straight from her last class that ends at 3 pm to the airport which is about 20 minutes from school in rush hour traffic. She leaves at 6pm. She connects at Baltimore Washington Airport. She arrives at 10:05 pm and will take Magical Express to the resort. I will meet her at the Carriage house. She and I might go to Disney Springs after she gets in or just chill in the room. We will get Mom tucked in and decide as we go. We have no dining plans at this time as we aren’t sure what we are going to do yet.
[/URL][/URL][/URL]

Sounds good so far. Hope you get a good room at Saratoga. I've never done any grocery delivery, but I think I've also heard of one called We Go Shop that people use too (I think that's it, at least). Morgan gets in pretty late and after a long day, I'll be impressed if she's up for going out after all that. But, hey, it's Disney, so who knows. Never done a Christmas tour, so no help there. I just know it's all beautiful that time of year.

Great idea for grocery delivery...I am looking for options for that too when we go. I definitely want to get at least some less expensive bottled water to have in the room as well as a few snacks and breakfasty stuff. I love Disney food...but sometimes you just don't want to pay those prices for a quick snack, plus if you have a later breakfast planned, it's nice to be able to have something easy first thing in the morning.

Sounds good so far. Hope you get a good room at Saratoga. I've never done any grocery delivery, but I think I've also heard of one called We Go Shop that people use too (I think that's it, at least). Morgan gets in pretty late and after a long day, I'll be impressed if she's up for going out after all that. But, hey, it's Disney, so who knows. Never done a Christmas tour, so no help there. I just know it's all beautiful that time of year.
I'll have to look up We Go We've been before Christmas several times. Morgan can live off of little sleep. She can be a party animal and will have turned 21. We will see when she arrives.

Great idea for grocery delivery...I am looking for options for that too when we go. I definitely want to get at least some less expensive bottled water to have in the room as well as a few snacks and breakfasty stuff. I love Disney food...but sometimes you just don't want to pay those prices for a quick snack, plus if you have a later breakfast planned, it's nice to be able to have something easy first thing in the morning.
Mom and I are both diabetic and have meds that we take for that and some that I can't take without eating something. Snacks are a must for me. I am allergic to pork so I usually don't eat breakfast at Disney unless it is something from Main Street Bakery. I'll see what I find out about grocery delivery and put my review here.

I'll see what I find out about grocery delivery and put my review here.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to hearing what you find!! The only one I've heard mentioned a lot is Garden Grocer which I was going to use unless you find something better lol

Looking forward to hearing about your trip! The DISPalooza sounds like a lot of fun. When I heard about it on the podcast I really wanted to go but it was full before we could agree on a date to go!

:surfweb:
Thanks! I'm looking forward to hearing what you find!! The only one I've heard mentioned a lot is Garden Grocer which I was going to use unless you find something better lol
Guess it is time to get busy!!:surfweb:

Looking forward to hearing about your trip! The DISPalooza sounds like a lot of fun. When I heard about it on the podcast I really wanted to go but it was full before we could agree on a date to go!
So looking forward to the party!!party:

I have looked at both Garden Grocer and We Go Shop. Looks like they both deliver to Disney resorts. The fees are pretty comparable. We Go Shop has a gift certificate that may be a good deal for some. Difference is you choose your products at Garden Grocer. We Go Shop you make a list and they get what is on the list. If you are more last minute We Go Shop looks like it might be better. Not sure as I have never used a service before. Not sure which way I will go yet.

It has been a while since I've been on. So sorry. I have some updates.

Mom and I will arrive on Thursday at 2:05 pm. I am guessing that we will arrive by 4:00 pm by Magical express. Am I about right? We will probably only have 1 checked bag but are using magical express so we won't to go to baggage.

We are planning to go to Epcot on Sunday. I did make Fast Pass+ The fast passes I got were Soarin, Character Meet and Greet and Spaceship Earth. All fast passes are for before noon.
We plan to spend the after noon and evening in World Showcase. We are having an early dinner in Morocco.

Not sure yet what Mom and I will do until we leave for the airport at about 2pm on Monday. Morgan will leave at about 7a on Monday.

10 days to go and I will see::MickeyMo and::MinnieMo, literally. There have been many changes to the plans so here is an update...maybe a pretty major update.
we are still leaving Dec 3 flying on Southwest arriving about 2:05 pm the traveling by Magical Express to Saratoga Springs. The purpose of this trip is to attend DISApalooza on Saturday night at Diagon Alley. We leave on Monday on a 5:35 pm flight. We are going to Epcot on Sunday.
Morgan is joining us late Friday night after exams/classes on Friday. She is leaving about 7am on Monday to return to school.

Yes this Summary is where the similarities to the old plan end!!

So how did all the changes come about.http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/...DFN-121220-F-Ship-3692398_GTW_zpsd62211a9.jpg
No not me, no not Morgan. Yes Mom.
Last week Mom and I were watching the podcast to learn more about DISApalooza and transportation from WDW resorts to Diagon Alley.
They were talking about Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Mom said, "You did buy us tickets to that, didn't you?" and guess what? No I hadn't as I asked them whether they wanted to go to Epcot to see Candlelight Processional or MK for MVMCP on Sunday night. You all know what they chose because on Sunday we are going to Epcot.

Well the plans have changed. We are no longer eating dinner at Saratogo Springs. No we are getting off Magical Express, checking in and then running to the bus stop because Mom and I have tickets for MVMCP on Thursday night. We have a 6:35 pm ADR for Crystal Palace. Before that we can get in at 4pm so we have fast passes for Its a small World before we can get in so we wont make that one. At Jungle Cruise or rather Jingle Cruise from 3:55 pm to 4:55 pm and I hope we can make this one. It will mean :car: some fast pushing of the wheelchair on my part. Then on to Pirates of the Carribean from 5:15-6:15 pm. Those are the two rides and attractions that we like in that part of the park. I would like to try Hall of the Presidents is we have time because Mom likes it and it will be closed during the party. We might also try to hit the boat again because Mom likes it. At some point we will get our armbands. Then dinner withpooh::eeyore:and:tigger:too!! Our priorities for the party are the 7 dwarfs, Wishes, the shows and the 10:00 parade. Our ride hopes are Haunted Mansion and 7 Dwarfs Mine Train and characters and shows and Peter Pans flight. We will stay as long as Mom can make it. Mom loves shows and characters. Our day Thursday is fairly easy travels. We don't have to be up too early...about 7a. The airport is about 2 hours from home and delivering the dog to my brother(and saying bye) is on the way. Mom can rest and read at the airport and in flight. AS soon as we get Orlando, we need to :boat:sail past luggage and:dancer:quickly to Magical Express. Once we get to the hotel we need to make haste. Today I need to try to call Garden Grocer and see if our delivery can be made before 4 pm as I would like a couple of things out of our purchases to take to the park. So I will continue the update after I find the stroller bag and call Garden Grocer. Another update in a few.

Another Update

Garden Grocer has said I can get my order earlier!! It will be there when we check in.

So you know what we are doing on Thursday. So on to Friday. Well on my agenda is sleeping in!!
Then we will settle in and take a bus from Saratoga Springs to the Magic Kingdom and then get on the resort Monorail or take the bus from downtown Disney to a hotel of choice. The change is sleeping in so I canceled our breakfast of Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe. I did this reluctantly. Mom and I will grab lunch or a really late breakfast at a counter service in the hotel that we end up at. We may take the first bus that comes our way. Who knows? I've always wanted to do that. I might on Friday.

We are going to hotels to look at decorations and the grounds. We will only need to be at Fulton's Crab House (unless I can find somewhere else like Captains Grill at Beach Club for dinner) at 5 pm then we will decide what to do next. This will be a fairly early evening. Morgan will be arriving around Midnight.
Saturday is the same as is before, sleep late, shop, lunch at Rainforest Cafe and rest and then be at the entrance to the resort at 8pm for the bus to arrive between 8 and 8:30 pm to go to Universal.
Sunday is Epcot
Monday...Mom and I will get up and pack, leave our luggage with bell services then head to the Poly...10:55 am date at Kona Cafe for a date with Pineapple and Macadamia nut pancakes and Tonga Toast!! We have a 5:25 pm flight home on Monday.

This is the update as it now stands but 10 days are between us and the beginning of our trip which means depends on what we can find in ADR's

Now I've got to start packing!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter