Legoland Question

I'm seriously thinking about spending a day here in August with my DD who is 17! It just looks so cute, and she loves little kid things. Our AP's will have expired the last two days of our trip, and we have a rental car anyway.

We were there for one day in 2015 prior to Lego Friends and the hotel opening. DS11 (at the time) liked that he could be independent in riding the rides but found them to be a bit on the "tame" side. DD7 (at that time) LOVED this park. So much fun stuff that was just her style. It reminded me more of the local "kiddie" park crossed with a Six Flags feel. I don't think we will be back. (Loved seeing Cypress Gardens!!) Try the Apple Fries if you do go, these were Amazing!!!! (Also, I didn't care for having to remove my cross-body bag to be able to ride many of the rides. They will not let you take your handbag or backpack on many of the rides.)

My advice with older kids would be to figure out which way to go to avoid going through the toddler area first as that wasted a lot of our day. Look at the map online, basically, before you go. My son was 9 when we took him and he was a huge Lego fan at the time but he was too old for most of the stuff in the park.

We had such a fantastic time there! It was a very pleasant surprise. The park was nearly empty when we went last summer - which doesn't bode well for the future of Legoland but was great for us. The kids were 3 and 6 at the time and both had a great time.

DS3 absolutely loves Legoland. Duplo Valley is devoted to the preschool crowd. There's train and tractor rides. Boating school is great, but Ford Jr. Driving school proves a bit too hard for DS as parents aren't allowed on the track to help. Everywhere you turn, there's play areas with Duplos or these giant Lego bricks I've only seen at Legoland. Great Lego carousel, too. The water park is also fun, with smaller slides toward the bottom of a huge slide structure. Though there's an upper age limit for kids to enjoy the park (not much to appeal to the over-10 or so crowd), three is just the right age for maximum Legoland fun!

This made me laugh, as DD, age 3, just COULD NOT manage to drive those little cars. The employees were really nice in trying to get her started, but she kept running directly into the curve and clearly not understanding at all.
My 6 year old, though, loved the "big kid" driving school.

We went last year with our boys (3 and 6) and they seemed to be the perfect age for it. It's small and nothing like Disney. The kids loved it but it definitely felt like a little kids park with nothing for the adults other than looking at the lego builds where Disney makes you feel like a kid. We stayed a night at the Lego Hotel and that was was better than the park to us. The kids still talk about the hotel. My husband got in free as he is military and we had crazy discounted homeschool tickets. I would not pay anywhere near full price. Certainly not worth that in my opinion.

EEK! What did you do? and what would you recommend?
It was really only on the larger coasters. My son was old enough to ride alone so that is what he did. We had other family with us that wasn't riding the rides, so I left my bag with them. I've never had an issue at Disney with my cross body, but our next trip I'm going to try and running pouch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter