Legoland Question

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
What age range would you say this park is best for? Is it wroth the drive down from Orlando and the $? Granted our next trip isn't for 18 months, but, as of right now, we have two kids that love Lego and are insistent we go to Legoland. They would be 10 & 7 when we go. Wondering if it would really have that much to offer?

Our youngest was 8, DD was 11 and that was a perfect age IMHO. Legoland is set up really for a younger crowd. The coasters are pretty tame.

However my mom and I could have spent many more hours in miniland

Yes! Go, especially if they already love Lego stuff. Our boys were 9 & 7 the first trip and the 7 year old kept insisting that he wanted to go back instead of gifts for his bday. So we returned the next year. The Cypress Gardens area is still beautiful!

Keep an eye out for kids go free tickets. Have fun!

Legoland is perfect for the younger set, kids under 12 will enjoy it.
It's a little out of the way, but good if you need a break from all things Disney.

The official age is 2-12, it's a lot of fun and totally worth the drive. My kids are 5 and 8 and we've been twice. My husband was so intrigued by the one of the engineer who explained how they build their statues/monuments. We love Legoland!

We just went this past October. We bought tickets through Costco and would definitely go again if we found a good deal. We were there at opening and left at closing. There was plenty to do and the kids rode the rides multiple times without being bored. It was a nice break from Disney! Very different and much more low key in terms of crowds and lines.

How many days would you suggest there for a nearly 5 year old? Just one? Or two? And has anyone stayed in the hotel? It sounds amazing.

I agree that hotel looks amazing on the inside but we saw the outside and the the pool is so small. It depends on what time of year you are going. If you're going during the off season one day will be plenty.

Yes, Legoland is definitely worth taking a day to experience. We went two years ago which was before the park's recent expansions and our day there was one of the highlights of our Disney-centered trip. Our DS6 and DD8 constantly ask to go back and we plan on returning next year. It is a very kid friendly park that provides a relaxed change of pace from Disney with scenery and theming that is awe inspiring even for adults. It is marketed as being a park geared towards kids ages 2-12 years old but I think the prime age range would be 4-10 years old. Now that they've expanded the Lego Duplo area I am excited to see there will be some things my toddler will really like and I'm also excited about the new Lego Friends/Heartlake City area. My kids were 4, 6, 11, and 11 when we last went and I am so glad we took them while our oldest two (twins) were still at a prime age for it. The rides are definitely more kid friendly but a few of the coasters were pretty fun for older kids and adults too especially the Lego Technic one with the big drop :thumbsup2. We were able to utilize the kids free ticket discount which you can find a link to on Mousesavers.com or if your kids subscribe to the free Lego Club magazine there is usually a kids free ticket coupon in the magazine.

Good to know, thanks. We'll be going in late April or early May (in a couple of years, not next year unfortunately). Hopoing to time it so we are there after the Easter crowds. :)

Good to know, thanks. We'll be going in late April or early May (in a couple of years, not next year unfortunately). Hopoing to time it so we are there after the Easter crowds. :)
If you like gardens at all, this will be a great time to go. A lot of Cypress Gardens is preserved there, with nice Lego additions. :-)

We just returned from a trip and my kids are 6, 9, and 12. The 12 is a very mature 12 but he loves Lego's. We've gone once a year for the past three years.

Yes! Go, especially if they already love Lego stuff. Our boys were 9 & 7 the first trip and the 7 year old kept insisting that he wanted to go back instead of gifts for his bday. So we returned the next year. The Cypress Gardens area is still beautiful!

Keep an eye out for kids go free tickets. Have fun!

How/where/when do you get Kids go free tickets?

Also in calendars and books that we've gotten from regular stores like Barnes & Noble or Target. Sorry I just checked my alerts! Haven't been on much. If I can help any further just ask!

Is there much for a 3 year old to do? We will be visiting family on the Florida west coast, and I thought a day at Legoland might be a nice break.

Is there much for a 3 year old to do? We will be visiting family on the Florida west coast, and I thought a day at Legoland might be a nice break.

DS3 absolutely loves Legoland. Duplo Valley is devoted to the preschool crowd. There's train and tractor rides. Boating school is great, but Ford Jr. Driving school proves a bit too hard for DS as parents aren't allowed on the track to help. Everywhere you turn, there's play areas with Duplos or these giant Lego bricks I've only seen at Legoland. Great Lego carousel, too. The water park is also fun, with smaller slides toward the bottom of a huge slide structure. Though there's an upper age limit for kids to enjoy the park (not much to appeal to the over-10 or so crowd), three is just the right age for maximum Legoland fun!

DS3 absolutely loves Legoland. Duplo Valley is devoted to the preschool crowd. There's train and tractor rides. Boating school is great, but Ford Jr. Driving school proves a bit too hard for DS as parents aren't allowed on the track to help. Everywhere you turn, there's play areas with Duplos or these giant Lego bricks I've only seen at Legoland. Great Lego carousel, too. The water park is also fun, with smaller slides toward the bottom of a huge slide structure. Though there's an upper age limit for kids to enjoy the park (not much to appeal to the over-10 or so crowd), three is just the right age for maximum Legoland fun!

Thank you! You have eased my mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter