Leave Friday, woke up sick :(

Thank you very much for the info. I will go to walgreens when hubby gets home. I didn't know about that! Yeah, I had read that about vitamin c but we had some from before I read it, so I thought it wouldn't hurt. I didn't know about zinc

Take an antihistamine about 30-45 minutes before you board the plane, and it will help immensely with any nasal/sinus congestion. I have been sick on 3 Disney vacations - the first with a sinus infection. Yes, the first day sucked (especially descending into MCO... it may be painful) but after that the warm Florida sunshine, lots of OJ and Disney as a distraction made it all seem much less difficult to deal with. Think of it this way - would you rather have a cold at home or have a cold at Disney? I know it's not ideal, but you'll still have an awesome time! If it's an infection, and you take antibiotics, make sure you get a probiotic to take with them. Ask your pharmacist about one that is in pill form and doesn't need to be refrigerated. They will help with any unwanted side effects from the antibiotics.

Thanks so much for the link. Unfortunately they don't have these near me. Darn! I will call to check if they have a kit

Thanks, everyone! I'm going to do everything I can to keep it from getting worse. I am gargling with salt water, taking vitamin c, and doing the apple cider vinegar drink. If I do end up being congested, I'm not going to be able to take a decongestant be caused I'm breastfeeding (they will dry up your supply). I'm drinking tons of water and will try to get rest (hard with lo). I'm going to see how I'm doing tomorrow - if I still just have a sore throat I'll go to the dr. I hope lo won't get it! I'm crossing my fingers everything will work out
The best part is that since you are breastfeeding your little one probably won't get it. Giood luck you have already gotten sound advice on here, I hope you are well enough by Friday!!

Hope you feel better! Hopefully you will feel better by Friday - the first couple days are always the worst.

Thank you! I greatly appreciate everyone's advice. Hubby said we are not changing our plans...so if you hear about a person's head exploding on a southwest flight, you know who it is lol...I'm doing everything I can today, and I'm hoping to goodness I will wake up better...maybe it is allergies? It started suddenly after I got back from a walk last night (wasn't super painful then), and I thought it was from the walk and not drinking enough fluids before hand. I never had allergies before preg, but in the last few weeks I seem to be having some. A couple of weeks ago my husband was in really bad shape one day after doing yard work - he was such a mess ( including sore throat). He took some benedryl, and he was normal the next day (seemed to be a horrible allergy attack). So I wish that would be my experience. In the 12 years we've been together, I have always gotten sick from him - I've never gotten it from someone else. I can't tell you how surprising thus is! Lol. Since I've never had seasonal allergies, at this point of what I'm feeling I can't tell which one I've had based on what I've read. This is very frustrating!

Thanks, everyone! I'm going to do everything I can to keep it from getting worse. I am gargling with salt water, taking vitamin c, and doing the apple cider vinegar drink. If I do end up being congested, I'm not going to be able to take a decongestant be caused I'm breastfeeding (they will dry up your supply). I'm drinking tons of water and will try to get rest (hard with lo). I'm going to see how I'm doing tomorrow - if I still just have a sore throat I'll go to the dr. I hope lo won't get it! I'm crossing my fingers everything will work out

If you have a la leche league near you, you could give them a call and ask them what you CAN take while nursing. Most LLL folks (and lactation consultants) should have a book with what meds are ok to take while BFing (and some are more ok at different ages). The Kellymom website should have that info too (at least it used to, it's been a long time since I've nursed a baby).

I had more medical problems when nursing than any other time in my life and those resources were very helpful to me.

Good luck and have fun!

That is great advice - thanks! I have been looking at kellymom, and I'm guessing because I'm so tired and feel like poop, but I was getting really confused. It says for a sore throat you can take robitussin and delsym - I am going to try one of those tonight and see if it helps.

Have your DH make you some homemade chicken noodle soup, tests have shown that it has natural antibiotic properties, but it has to be homemade :hippie:

Wash your hands super often and get a rag with bleach with water and wipe down all your doorknobs, faucets, remotes, refrigerator handle etc. You will be ok just as long as you don't get anyone else sick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter