Least Favourite At Each Park

MK: Since I refuse to ride Stitch out of pure spite - I will have to go with Country Bear Jamboree for the simple fact that it is in DESPERATE need of a refurb to update its sound and synch up the show. I dont want it to go away... I just want it fixed. And I probably wont ever do Astro Orbiter again.

Epcot: Maelstrom - It really is a sad excuse for a ride though I like the backwards water component. Waaaaaay too short and the visuals are silly and stereotypical. Could definitely benefit from some TLC. Everything else I like for the most part. Though I refuse to ride Test Track if it has any kind of line.

DHS: Sounds Dangerous - Total waste of space. Not a very well done story and the whole idea of putting on headphones that have been on other people's sweaty heads just doesnt appeal very much to me. Having said that, the Sounds of the Rainforest at Rafiki's Planet Watch @ DAK is a much better sound presentation.

DAK: Pocahontas - Though I like the message it is trying to put forth, its execution is not very good. This is one of those shows that some little kids will like (for the cute animals) but most adults will find groan inducing.

I see that a lot of people are citing Rafiki's Planet Watch as their least favorite and that saddens me because of all the places on WDW park property, it seems like it is the one place that has a higher purpose (than just simple entertainment) as it is also the conservation headquarters of WDW to the general public.

Now I can see reasoning behind lowballing the Affection section because I do think that is kind of lame (but what petting zoo isnt really lame) but I disagree with lumping Conservation Station into it. Ofcourse, that is what opinions are for. Everyone has one.

I haven't been since 1987, but that won't stop me from chiming in about the MK anyway :laughing:

By far the worst show ever is Tiki Room-Under New Management-I saw this on YouTube, and they ruined one of Walt's shows :mad: Why would they do that? :confused3 :rolleyes: Thankfully on our recent trip to DL my hubby got the Tiki show on tape!

We were 1st timers that just returned on Sunday...We loved sooooo much about each park that it was hard to pick one favourite at each...BUT...we sure could pick our least favourite at each....
Here are ours...

EPCOT - The Seas with Nemo and Friends... We loved Turtle Talk but the clam ride was just :sad2: :sad2:

MK - IASW...The only attraction when I was truly scared :eek: I didn't think it was going to end...just when I thought it was finally over, there was another room of singing dolls, and then another, and then....:scared1:
"I'm trapped forever like groundhog day....HELP ME"

AK - The train ride that drops you at the Rafiki area where you can brush some dirty little goats was really, really dumb...:confused:
My kids are still laughing about how stupid that was.:rotfl2:

DHS - The Great Movie Ride:sad2: That attraction was wrong on many, many levels...Our driver was even bored and could care less about the "role" she was supposed to be playing...then the gangster came on and laughed about what he was doing. Really, really bad
-------------------------------------------------------

That's our least favourites...what are yours at each park?

You must not have gone on Journey into Skunk Smells with Figment at Epcot, The Tiki Abomination, under new Idiocy at MK, or the Backlot needs replacement tour at the studios, or had kids on the Boneyard slides that won't slide playground at AK.

By the way, sometimes the planet watch area is really cool. They often times have a CM that will bring out a furry little critter to play with and if you catch them while the vets are doing a surgery on an animal, it's cool. The rain forest booths in there are just ok and often times, there is a character or two or three in there. Other times, there's nothing going on and it's a waste of time. Sounds like you went on such a day.

MK - Stich Great Escape and IASW - Although I have to ride IASW as it is a legent. I avoid Stitch like the Plague (I love Stich himself though).

EPCOT- I too thought the Nemo ride was a bit lame. But Living with the Land has to be my least fav.

AK - The whole Dino-Rama area and the rides in there.

HS - I don't like the Indiana Jones Show or the Lights Motors Action

Well I generally LOVE everything at disney but like you all i have a few rides/attractions i'm not overly keen on.

MK - IASM and the haunted mansion. IASM because its just annoying and I hate having to go on it. BUT I'm forced on it because my Mum loves it :P
I hate the haunted mansion because I hate ghost trains. I love the huge roller coasters but I hate the atmosphere of those things lol.

Epcot - Nemo ride and the living seas. Simply because I have a fish phobia!

AK - Nemo the Musical - Same reason :P

MGM - Lights, Motors, Action. Not that its bad, I'm just not pushed about cars and think there are better things in the car.

I think it's funny that some people's least favorite rides are some of my favorites. Am I the only one who likes 'Sounds Dangerous'? It's a cool show. Living with the Land is cool, too... but I like growing things, so, maybe that's why I like it so much. Primeval Whirl is just plain fun... carnival ride, but fun as can be. Ellen's Energy Adventure is great, too. Sure, the dino's in Dinosaur make the ones in EEA look like hand puppets, but it's still a cool show.

For me, these are my lease favorite:

Epcot: 360degree movies. They make me dizzy. I might enjoy them in 180 degrees, but 360 is too much.

AK: I'm about over the Safari ride. I think you can only ride that so many times before it just becomes dumb. Otherwise, it's tied with Planet Watch (petting zoo) and the midway games. Midways are for fairs, not WDW.

MK: Stitch is pretty bad, so are the country bears... IASM is the worst though. I get sick just thinking about having to ride that with the family. yuck. I tried sleeping through it, but it's not easy.

DHS: Hmm... this one is a hard one. Not a lot to choose from to begin with. Great movie ride is pretty lame, as is the backlot tour. Little Mermaid is okay by me... Playhouse disney is bad, IMO, especially if you see it more than once. Is there anything left? Star Tours is good, Muppets is good, Indy is good, LOVE Sounds Dangerous. LMA is good. I don't like Tower of Terror, but it's because I don't like to fall. But it's not a bad ride. So, I guess it's either one of the lame walking tours or Playhouse Disney.

You must not have gone on Journey into Skunk Smells with Figment at Epcot, The Tiki Abomination, under new Idiocy at MK, or the Backlot needs replacement tour at the studios, or had kids on the Boneyard slides that won't slide playground at AK.

We did ride Journey into Imagination - kids thought the skunk was funny (kids) and liked "Figment"
They also liked the "Tiki Room" - they were singing the opening song afterward and loved it...they didn't like the "Iago" parts however (that voice is really :scared:) ...sounds to me from the comments that the attraction was better before. Did they used to perform the opening song for longer??

We did not have time for the "Backlot Tour" and they had no interest in the "Boneyard"

Also...we were at MK for two full days and never found time for "Stitch"...sounds like we didn't miss much from all the great reviews here.

At the MK, I think my kids would have been happy just doing a loop between Splash M, BTMRR and the HM...heading over to Space M, Buzz and Monsters Inc. -then back. Those 6 attractions and "Philharmagic" are just fantastic as far as I am concerned worth every penny we spent.
The Jungle Cruise at night was also a lot of fun...my DS is trying to remember some of the 300 or so bad jokes from the boat driver.

the planet watch area is really cool. They often times have a CM that will bring out a furry little critter to play with and if you catch them while the vets are doing a surgery on an animal, it's cool. The rain forest booths in there are just ok and often times, there is a character or two or three in there. Other times, there's nothing going on and it's a waste of time. Sounds like you went on such a day.

There was nothing like that going on...Only "Rafiki" greeting kids and the little goats...That's it. We were shocked at what a waste of time it was.

Another vote for Sounds Dangerous, not even worth the AC. Although my DS did like the hands-on sound effects stuff at the exit area. (which you don't have to go through the presentation to use)

Energy - we didn't go this time around, but if memory serves they should cut the ride time by at least half.

MK - I'm fine with IASW, more fun now that I have a 3.5yr old child who loves it. But I agree, the management of the boat traffic/loading process could be improved. It is not fun to be trapped 10 boats deep in the unload queue.

I am LMAO at this post because I agree with so many here!! Here are mine:

MK: The Stitch attraction (if you can really call it an attraction)...there's 30 minutes of my life I will never get back. Waste......of..........time

AK: I really have to say there is nothing about this park I dislike. It has it's flaws, but I pretty much like everything

DHS: Sounds Dangerous....I also don't get this at all.

Epcot: The Nemo ride.........my younger children liked it, but my oldest son and all the adults in our party thought it was stupid. I think if they took more time with this ride, it could have been so much better.

At the Magic Kingdom, it had to be Stitch's Great Escape. At Hollywood Studios, it was definitely Sounds Dangerous - starring Drew Carrey. At Epcot ... some film featuring Lion King characters. Circle of Life, does that sound right? We haven't done Animal Kingdom yet.

MK: IASW...its not even worth the 5 min wait in the morning

EPCOT: The timon and Pumba show

HS:Sounds Dangerous

AK: None that I can think of but i have only been on like 4 or 5 rides in the entire park

personally i think the Playhouse Disney show at HS is pretty good for who its meant for.....since it came out, i have seen it with kids ages infant-5 adn they all loved it

Magic Kingdom: Hall of Presidents or Country Bear Jamboree

Hollywood Studios: Drew Carey-Sounds Dangerous

Epcot: Any of the movies in the different countries, I liked Ellen-Just too long!

Animal Kingdom: Conservation station

EPCOT - I guess you didn't see the Pumba and Timon movie in the LAnd then. It's easy to miss. And then there are the movies in Canada and France...

MK - surely you missed the Treehouse. I also wonder if you roamed the Pooh playground. But then you wouldn't know that the Pooh playground used to be one of the most awesome rides inthe MK.

AK - I'll grant you Rafiki's Planet Watch. It is such a waste of park time to go out there. They shold have put EE on the end of that train ride!

DHS - Sounds like you had a bad run on GMR. Are they even doing the Backlot Tour anymore? It was once interesting, but now it's totally lame. And the Narnia commercial is closed. I've never seen Sounds Dangerous. I once loved the Muppets, but now whenI go I can't help but think about how BADLY that attraction needs a new showline. Same Muppets, just a new show that isn't so lame! Think about how cool that attraction would be if they ran a few different versions: one with a rap artist, one with Hannah Montana as the guest singer, one with her dad maybe (or some other country singer), one with a Jazz musician, one with Itzak Perhlman, and one with a classic rock star..... Just like the original show, it could be a device to get kids excited about quality music, and the value of listening to all different kinds of music!

-------------------------------------------------------

That's our least favourites...what are yours at each park?[/QUOTE]

MK - Hall of Presidents (Too boring.)
Epcot - The Seas with Nemo (Not Turtle Talk, just the clams.)
MGM - Playhouse Disney
AK - Tricera Top Spin

All Parks: The exit (not to be confused with the entrance, which is a favorite)

MK: That would be a tie between Stitch's Great Escape and It's a Small World (If they weren't playing that song on it, it would be nice.)
Epcot: I also have to say The Seas with Nemo and Friends it was not the way we expected it to be. I agree Turtle Talk was great though!
DHS: Sounds Dangerous. They could really make a good show or attraction and instead you listen to loud noises in dirty headphones:sad2:
AK: This is a tough one.. but probably Pocahantas. It's still ok but not in the same league as the other attractions here.

They also liked the "Tiki Room" - they were singing the opening song afterward and loved it...they didn't like the "Iago" parts however (that voice is really :scared:) ...sounds to me from the comments that the attraction was better before. Did they used to perform the opening song for longer??

The original version had less of a conflict aspect to it, so the storlyine was less exciting, but that's part of what made it great for little kids.

How many attractions are there at WDW that are truly geared for the littlest ones. Most have some element that is slightly scary for them.

That's why IaSW, Peter Pan, Pooh, and Dumbo are so popular. How may kids really remember the movie Dumbo? Yet the ride is wildly popular.

the new version of Pirates is very cool in some ways, but they made that drop at the start more scary.

The original Tiki House had subtle humor to it. Not the grating voice of Iago. But I suppose most folks didn't listen to the lyrics of the opening song all that closely. One of the Disney Pop stars recently did a rendition of the whole song. I was lucky to have heard it again recently in the Disney Store. Too bad that particular store is CLOSING very soon!

Magic Kingdom: Hall of Presidents (I think that and the shooting gallery in Frontierland are the only things in MK I've only done once)
Epcot: Ellen's Energy Ride because it's too long and too out of the way
Hollywood Studios: Sounds Dangerous, I did it once and don't feel a need to do it again
Animal Kingdom: New Nemo Musical Show, again, I saw it once and I don't feel a need to ever see it again

Epcot--Universe of Energy--zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
DHS--Sounds Dangerous--just dreadful
MK--Stitch--disgusting, boring, and awful
AK--It's Tough To Be A Bug--I hate bugs. It's just too much for me.

I agree will all these....but I must add The Country Bear Jam. and Tiki Bird's to the list for MK and at at Epcot all of the Land Pav. its boring to me.

least favorites:

MK--I dont need to see Toon Town again

Epcot--I dont need to see Turtle Talk again

DHS--I loved everything I saw.

AK--I dont need to see Rafikis Planet Watch again, but I would probably ride the train & not get off

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter