Least favorite resort and why..

I haven't stayed at enough to make a real opinion so take mine with a grain of salt :)

I'm going to say All Star Music and that's because it's soooo busy! They're very friendly at the front desk and I thought the suites were awesome but it was just so much chaos it wasn't my style.

I will say this, as crowded as the buses were, they came fast and furious, so it did have it's ups. I'm just more of a slow paced resort type of woman :)

I have stayed at Pop Century and didn't get the same feeling as I did from Music but that was a while ago :confused3

I might be in the minority, but I really don't like the Contemporary. The monorail going through it is fun, but it lacks the theming found across Disney property. The lobby looks like any other upscale hotel lobby from anywhere in Orlando. We do Disney because of the theming.

I might be in the minority, but I really don't like the Contemporary. The monorail going through it is fun, but it lacks the theming found across Disney property. The lobby looks like any other upscale hotel lobby from anywhere in Orlando. We do Disney because of the theming.

I have to agree you are right. Kinda reminds me of an airport LOL. The rooms are nice though and are big that is why I said I would stay there over AK

I haven't stayed at enough to make a real opinion so take mine with a grain of salt :)

I'm going to say All Star Music and that's because it's soooo busy! They're very friendly at the front desk and I thought the suites were awesome but it was just so much chaos it wasn't my style.

I will say this, as crowded as the buses were, they came fast and furious, so it did have it's ups. I'm just more of a slow paced resort type of woman :)

I have stayed at Pop Century and didn't get the same feeling as I did from Music but that was a while ago :confused3

Just came back from Music a few days ago, and it really made me miss Pop. I stayed at Music a few years ago, but comparing it to Pop for me is a one-sided deal. Pop wins out on food court, cleanliness, and over-all feel. Music was very crowded last week. Lots of "groups". Dirty food court, and always crowded due to a nearby resort having theirs closed. I guess I just like Pop a lot better. Music would have to be my least favorite value. It's been over a decade since I stayed at a mod, so I can't recall much, and my last deluxe was the Contemporary, and aside from the convenience of the monorail, it lacked it theming, and I felt like a lot of the people were uppity (during our stay anyway). I think we'll go back to Pop again next year. I enjoy that place immensely.

Port Orleans French Quarter, but only because one of the giant masks in the food court scares the heck out of me!

Those head/mask things are the one and only thing it took for me to cross POFQ off our list! They freak me out even in pictures!

ETA: Can everyone please stop talking about the BTGs? I'm having flashbacks to mobs of men with beer guts walking around Typhoon Lagoon in Speedos! *shudder*

Those head/mask things are the one and only thing it took for me to cross POFQ off our list! They freak me out even in pictures!

We were supposed to stay there in December and then switched to the Poly. I have to admit those mask thingies gave me the willies also.

Least favorite Value: the All Stars, always loud & the food courts are always insane.
Least favorite Moderate: CBR, way to large & kept forgetting which bus stop was ours
Least favorite Deluxe: BC, didn't have a good experience here, rude CM & loud lobby with children running around
Least favorite DVC: SSR, got lost on this property had to ask for directions

The Poly.

I know it is almost a sin to say such a thing here on the Dis, but I was so disappointed in the Poly.

Dark Dark Dark rooms. Had to leave my room in poor weather to get to transportation, food, sundries, and the front desk.

It is always so crowded with people who are NOT paying the darn tooting crazy rates to be there.

Ohana's ridiculous overflow swamps the bar and common areas.

Pool Hoppers.

NO FLIPPING HOT TUB.

When we were there we could not have a King sized bed.

No health club at a deluxe resort.

I knew about the health club, king beds, and hot tub but when combined with the other issues it just was a huge let down and felt like I was Totally overpaying for what I received.

For those of you who love it there, please do not make a voodoo doll of me and do unspeakable things to my likeness.

The Poly.

I know it is almost a sin to say such a thing here on the Dis, but I was so disappointed in the Poly.

Dark Dark Dark rooms. Had to leave my room in poor weather to get to transportation, food, sundries, and the front desk.

It is always so crowded with people who are NOT paying the darn tooting crazy rates to be there.

Ohana's ridiculous overflow swamps the bar and common areas.

Pool Hoppers.

NO FLIPPING HOT TUB.

When we were there we could not have a King sized bed.

No health club at a deluxe resort.

I knew about the health club, king beds, and hot tub but when combined with the other issues it just was a huge let down and felt like I was Totally overpaying for what I received.

For those of you who love it there, please do not make a voodoo doll of me and do unspeakable things to my likeness.

Not unspeakable things but maybe a tiny curse ROFL!!!!

They have also refurbished the rooms and carpets and they are a lot less dark. Still pool and beach problems but they are working on that. Poly guests can use the GF fitness center that is in between the two resorts. No hot tub but there is word they may be putting one in.

My DH has been visiting WDW since there was just the MK, and he alway as stayed at the CR. WHen he took us, we stayed there so he was surprised we did nto choose that resort when we began visiting now that we have a DGD. Back then, the CR was that modern structure that exemplified WDW. Kind of that contradiction between past tales that the MK detailed, and that future that WDW was heading towards. He loved everything it stood for, literally.

Looking at it now, I see a gigantic toaster. If he insisted we stay there, we would, but I think the rest of the family still breathes a sigh of relief every time we book anywhere else :thumbsup2

My DH has been visiting WDW since there was just the MK, and he alway as stayed at the CR. WHen he took us, we stayed there so he was surprised we did nto choose that resort when we began visiting now that we have a DGD. Back then, the CR was that modern structure that exemplified WDW. Kind of that contradiction between past tales that the MK detailed, and that future that WDW was heading towards. He loved everything it stood for, literally.

Looking at it now, I see a gigantic toaster. If he insisted we stay there, we would, but I think the rest of the family still breathes a sigh of relief every time we book anywhere else :thumbsup2

We started our madness at CR back in 1977.... It was the place to be... We always stayed in the north garden wing... My father wouldn't stay in anything over 4 floors.... Fire department couldn't reach back then....

Many trips to WDW and all were at the CR... We enjoyed the Pueblo Room, Monorail Club, Outer Rim and especially the Fiesta Fun Center... Best game room on property for many years...

Then the changes began and we list interest in the resort... Shrinking the game room and then moving it upstairs ruined it... Still holds memories, might have to do a return visit some day...

The Poly

I know I know everyone will think I am crazy but I have to say I love the look of the resort and the pool is okay the restaurants are fun the lobby is warm and beautiful but the rooms are just blah...for all the hype and rave and the price I would expect more.

Just wanted to say thank you. This was SPOT ON! I just came back from a 10 day stay, and I could not believe the amount of rude people from these particular "groups"! It's not a coincidence. Almost ALL of the line cutting, pushing & shoving, and obnoxious behavior I witnessed was from South Americans. Mostly young, but holy crap I just couldn't believe how bad they were acting. Does this mean that EVERY person from Brazil is like this? No. It just means that EVERY ****** I ran into coincidentally was Brazilian. I'm sure there are plenty of great people from South America. Unfortunately though, and everyone that's been to Disney, has witnessed these same types of rude, and obnoxious behavior from a large percentage of them. So why is that? The people I ran into weren't all young, so it's not an age issue. Is it a cultural issue? Are the things I consider rude, like screaming on a crowded bus or cutting a line, considered "normal" in South America? Is it "OK" to push people aside to get on the Monorail for a seat "OK" in South America? Am I just missing a difference in cultural normalities here? Whatever the reasons, they exist, whether or not we call it stereotyping or not, there's a problem in that culture, and I'm definitely not the only one that sees it. Many people around us from all over the World were commenting on it throughout our trip.

It is a cultural thing...most of them are from very wealthy self important families and they come in their winter (our July) it is very common for them to push and shove other people as that is what they do back at home. They spend a lot of money on disney which is why disney does nothing about their horrible behavior. I think it is a crime! To be fair though a lot of the South Americans aren't like that and don't like being lumped into the btg and their bad behavior. But it makes for a horrible experience and I think disney needs to get a handle on it.

:rotfl2:I will never be able to go past CR again, without envisioning a giant piece of toast popping out!

any of the All-Star resorts. Only because there are to many groups booked there. (Cheer, Karate, tour groups etc.) :confused3

I have stayed at (so far) these hotels and I'll rank from least to most favorite.

Contemporary - too sterile of an atmosphere
All Star Music - just very blah and non-Disney
Wilderness cabins -I liked the rooms and amenities but the bus rides were long to get anywhere and the cabins were too close together.
POR - Overall very nice - I liked the food court and relaxing atmosphere.
Boardwalk - LOVED the short walk to Epcot - not really loving the lack of quick service food choices though.
Wilderness Lodge - My hands down fave resort anywhere for theming - I could be happy just sitting in the lobby all day! So cozy!

We've had fantastic times on all our Disney trips,4 onsite for whole vacations.
7 onsite with 3 one night stays in values.

We've stayed at pop,all star music,all star movies,okw,ssr,por and just returned from pofq.

the only resort we've booked to return to is okw,although we would happily return to pofq-it was beautiful.

Not disliked,but not as loved-music,por,ssr.:yay:

It is a cultural thing...most of them are from very wealthy self important families and they come in their winter (our July) it is very common for them to push and shove other people as that is what they do back at home. They spend a lot of money on disney which is why disney does nothing about their horrible behavior. I think it is a crime! To be fair though a lot of the South Americans aren't like that and don't like being lumped into the btg and their bad behavior. But it makes for a horrible experience and I think disney needs to get a handle on it.

Quick OT... just wait until the Olympics hit Rio. The whole world will get a glimpse of some behaviour that will astonish them. I honestly have no idea why they were awarded the Olympics after the way they behaved when they hosted Pan American. We were there for gymnastics and watched as athletes from every country except Brazil were literally booed, shrieked and bell-rung off off the aparatus. When the Brazilian athletes were on the podium, you could hear a pin drop. It was the most noticeable and reprehensible behaviour I have ever seen.

Back OT... Saratoga Springs.

Least Favorite - whichever value group is movies. Did it in late July one year after 12 days at BC (big mistake right there) but we wanted to add an extra day and that was the only thing available(should have read the warning signs right there).

Am now a DVC member
Favorite resort is AKL - Jambo
Love the Wilderness Cabins at Fort Wilderness -stay here now sometimes when I want to take advantage of some of the wonderful things going on over there for the grand kids. The horse drawn carriage ride, the pony rides the campfires which are sooo much fun.

Least favorite DVC resort toss up between SSR and CR-BLT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter