Least favorite resort and why..

We have only stayed at POP and for the first time we will be staying at a deluxe for Christmas...

Least Favorite Value~ All Star Music & All Star Sports.. I do not like the theme of those hotels at all..

Least Favorite Moderate~ Caribbean Beach Resort..Love how the resort looks on the outside but think that the rooms look very outdated(with the exception of the pirate themed rooms)..Also don't like how there are so many bus stops within the resort.

Least Favorite Deluxe ~ Grand Floridian..Love how the outside of it looks but the rooms look a bit too old fashioned to me..

For us it's POFQ. We love POR but when we visited POFQ, the smallness of the resort made it feel cluttered and crowded. It's also supposed to have more of a city-style atmosphere, resembling Bourbon St. At POR, since it's larger and more spread out, it seemed like we rarely saw other people and had the run of the food court every morning. At POFQ, the food court was small and crowded and we had to sit in the lounge. We also didn't like that there was only one bus stop because it got crowded quickly. Didn't care much for the pool either. For many, POFQ's size is what is appealing since not much walking is involved and all room locations are good. But a small resort has it's drawbacks too and that was what it was for us.

Exactly. When we stayed there, there was something I just couldn't put my finger on. You just described it perfectly!

Port Orleans French Quarter, but only because one of the giant masks in the food court scares the heck out of me!

The All Stars. We have stayed at Music and Movies and had problems with Brazilians at both. Never again will we stay Value.
Brazilians don't stay at mods or deluxe?:confused3 A bit discriminatory aren't we.....I do hear though,that they can be quite obnoxious in big groups in the parks...then again,I have been known to be a bit obnoxious all by myself!;)

Brazilians don't stay at mods or deluxe?:confused3 A bit discriminatory aren't we.....I do hear though,that they can be quite obnoxious in big groups in the parks...then again,I have been known to be a bit obnoxious all by myself!;)

I have stayed at Deluxe, Mod and Value and they've only been a problem at the Values. They were rude, nude and travelled in packs chanting.

Another thumbs down for All Star Sports. It may be OK when not overrun by sports/cheer/dance/BTG groups. But that wasn't our experience. Found the rooms too small and cramped for our family. The theming of the resort left us cold. Management didn't/couldn't/wouldn't control the out of control kids running amok even late at night. We've never had that experience at any other Disney resort.

The Poly. Our room was dirty, dark, and in much need of some TLC when we were there in 2011. We were on the first floor next to an elevator, which was lovely. :rolleyes: It was loud. All.Night.Long. I felt like bugs were crawling on me when I was sleeping. (I don't think they actually were, but the room was just so yucky that I was uncomfortable the entire time I was in the bed.)

The CMs when we checked in were very blah and not friendly at all. (I was soooo excited to arrive...I had wanted to stay at Poly for a long time, and they really threw sort of a wet blanket on the start of our trip with their attitudes.)

I felt like we were always waiting for the monorail...maybe we just got unlucky with our timing, but I swear the buses at AKL were/are faster and more efficient.

Anywho...I know a lot of people love it, but we *really* did not enjoy The Poly at all.

Nope. It's racist. And it is allowed to remain. Wow. If I posted about how I hated gigantic groups of American cheerleaders I would probably be kicked off the boards. But you can totally stereotype an entire continent and somehow that is okay? This makes me really sad, but not surprised.

Okay people- must we take this thread and turn it into ANOTHER debate on how best to talk about BTGs:confused3 Enough is enough - I'll just say that I try to avoid large groups of teenagers who are rude and show no common courtesy toward their fellow park goers - is that better:rolleyes1

Anywho - to the topic at hand - least favorite resort is WL - just couldn't get into the décor and we found the food options lacking. (On the plus side though - did enjoy the boat transportation across to the MK and CR)

I hate any value resort. I have stayed at them when I was little and I remember being not impressed. For little children big statues of characters is interesting, but now I think it's tacky. Rooms are dirty and unimpressive. I prefer deluxe.

Katie

Well duh anyone would prefer a deluxe but we can't all afford a deluxe every time we go.

Okay people- must we take this thread and turn it into ANOTHER debate on how best to talk about BTGs:confused3 Enough is enough - I'll just say that I try to avoid large groups of teenagers who are rude and show no common courtesy toward their fellow park goers - is that better:rolleyes1

Anywho - to the topic at hand - least favorite resort is WL - just couldn't get into the décor and we found the food options lacking. (On the plus side though - did enjoy the boat transportation across to the MK and CR)

Yes that's better. "rolls eyes". No reason an entire race of people should be singled out when we all know that everyone is capable of bad behavior despite the country where you happened to be born.

Yes that's better. "rolls eyes". No reason an entire race of people should be singled out when we all know that everyone is capable of bad behavior despite the country where you happened to be born.

Go in July sometime...btw other South American groups are also appalled by their (btg) behavior as well.

Least fav - CBR. Internal bus took forever, buildings can be what seems miles from the food court etc...and it didn't help that the buildings were being renovated etc and it was loud during the day etc.

2nd least fav...Shades of Green. I don't care what anyone says, it's NOT the caliber of a Deluxe...no where near!

Fav. Contemp - deluxe, POFQ mod

Nope. It's racist. And it is allowed to remain. Wow. If I posted about how I hated gigantic groups of American cheerleaders I would probably be kicked off the boards. But you can totally stereotype an entire continent and somehow that is okay? This makes me really sad, but not surprised.

Cheerleader groups get complained about all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter