Learning to NOT Photograph Fireworks Behind Trees (Sept/Oct 2012)

Yay, I'm at -1 days now :p

POFQ is very nice. It's so much nicer to walk to 3 minutes from the main building and be at my room. Both checkins were a breeze and now I'm at Oily waiting to check-in for my Kona breakfast (I got here a bit early).

The new bag isn't going to work all that well with the tripod though. The top strap is too low and it flops a bit

Oh well. Breakfast then MK

Allan, between Mark's mom passing away and health issues in my family, I got way too behind on my threads and then we were in Disney last week and still at Marco this week. I just wanted to wish you a magical vacation. I can't wait to see your pictures.

Yay, I'm at -1 days now :p

POFQ is very nice. It's so much nicer to walk to 3 minutes from the main building and be at my room. Both checkins were a breeze and now I'm at Oily waiting to check-in for my Kona breakfast (I got here a bit early).

The new bag isn't going to work all that well with the tripod though. The top strap is too low and it flops a bit

Oh well. Breakfast then MK

Allan

I fell behind in your TR too and opened it up this morning and see there you are in Disney. Enjoy can not wait see your new pics!

KatMark said:
Allan, between Mark's mom passing away and health issues in my family, I got way too behind on my threads and then we were in Disney last week and still at Marco this week. I just wanted to wish you a magical vacation. I can't wait to see your pictures.
No worries Kathy. I fell behind in all the TRs and PTRs I was reading and I don't even have any reasons.

Hope all has calmed down a bit, and give my condolences to Mark.

sjs314 said:
Allan

I fell behind in your TR too and opened it up this morning and see there you are in Disney. Enjoy can not wait see your new pics!
Thanks :). After 4 park days I'm up to about 600 pics taken and 24 miles walked. Of course, some of those are sets of 3 for HDR stuff. Should be a few good ones though.

oceanwave said:
Glad that your here! We've been loving it at POFQ! Hope you had a good breakfast.
Breakfast was good, a bit filling, but that's normal.

I'm loving POFQ as well. I'm a whole 3 mins from the main building on the front corner of building 2. So much nicer than having to walk 10 mins just to get a drink.

---
Tomorrow is Epcot for the day with lunch at Rose & Crown and dinner at SAI.

Condolences.

I'm loving POFQ as well. I'm a whole 3 mins from the main building on the front corner of building 2. So much nicer than having to walk 10 mins just to get a drink.

---
Tomorrow is Epcot for the day with lunch at Rose & Crown and dinner at SAI.

I'm ignoring your posts for now....nice that you check in...but go...have a good time! We'll be here....waiting for your TR with those 60,000 pictures. :teeth:

PrincessInOz said:
I'm ignoring your posts for now....nice that you check in...but go...have a good time! We'll be here....waiting for your TR with those 60,000 pictures. :teeth:
It's my last night here so now I'm allowed to post again :p.

Trip went well. Didn't get sick, feet are fine, and filled up both the 16 gig cards and one of the 32 so far. Fireworks were a disappointment, between rain and margaritas, but lots of random HDR sets and many dark ride photos to be had. I pretty much stuck with the 30mm f/1.4 almost exclusively.

Food has been good. Service just fine. Also ran into Jesmeca (I probably spelled that wrong) and Evelyn and her family (her disname is hidden in my PMs and I'm typing on my phone).

On my way to Epcot tomorrow with lunch at Coral Reef. I also get to shop for little ones at MouseGears for my cousin's newborn boy and another cousin's 2ish year old little girl.

It'll take awhile to sort, organize, and process the photos, but once they are going, I'll start the TR.

Safe travels home, Allan. Looking forward to seeing your shots on your return and enjoy the last day feeling. :sad1:

Welcome Home Allan.

If you're anything like me, you're probably starting/going through the post-Disney blues right now. :sad1:

Me?

I start my TR as quickly as possible to help keep the blues away. ;) :rotfl:

Hope you had a safe trip home!

princess::upsidedow

Thanks :). It's good to be home. Just in time to start planning for next year :p. Now, being back at work... well... that's another story.

Traveling went well, much better than last year's debacle (changed flights, missed connections, all sorts of fun stuff) and I was home by 10:30pm and (almost) immediately started the import process. That finished at about 1am... 3303 photos, though after culling the obvious bads (a quick first run, will have to go through for content, finer focus issues, and duplication still) I'm down to 3097, that I want to keyword...and process. It'll take a while (though, a lot will be dupes and there are quite a few HDR triplets in there as well).

Expect pictures by ... 12/21/2012 or so :p.

I did process one
Mickey_Minnie_CADCTP_Proof001.jpg
It's not 100% done yet, but my cousin asked for a picture of Mickey and Minnie for her (just turned) 2 year old little girl. Of course, I had to get it up quickly :)

If only the clouds had cooperated... at least the parade did beat the rain that day, by about 40 minutes.

Only 3000 pictures??? I would have thought you'd have come back with more!

Okay. ETA for just before Christmas. :thumbsup2

(are we there yet? are we there yet?)

I'm really really slow this time around. Of course, a certain other aspect of my life has been taking up so much time lately too (no, nothing interesting... gaming stuff :p, stupid Blizzard decided to release an expansion the day before I went on vacation, and I've been playing catch up since I got home).

I've done the initial keywording of all the photos outside of the HDR sets, processed a couple HDRs, organized my On Ride photos (which, I haven't figured out how to do in the TR yet, since it would be kinda silly to post them in chronological order... I may post a couple in the day to day, and then do an installment of a "ride-through" type of thing...), and processed a few other photos. After moving my HDR sets out of my main workflow, it's ~2,500 photos, but still many many dupes (and over 250 "Food" tagged photos :p)

I do have 2 more preview images today though. And these, while not excellent, were a bit challenging...
IMG_7976_web.jpg

IMG_7977_web.jpg

I am really happy with my Sigma 30mm f/1.4 :)

Welcome Back! All I can say about the above pics is WOW!!! :thumbsup2

Welcome back, Allan. Please let me know when you start your TR. I have a very ill mother and brother and haven't even been able to update my TR, but I want to be sure to catch up on yours.

Love the preview pictures.

Welcome back, Allan. Please let me know when you start your TR. I have a very ill mother and brother and haven't even been able to update my TR, but I want to be sure to catch up on yours.

I hope your mother and brother recover quickly. Look after yourself as well!

Nice! Seems like that Sigma was a good investment.
Yes it was.

Welcome Back! All I can say about the above pics is WOW!!! :thumbsup2
Thanks and thanks :)

Glad to hear you had a good trip!

Looking forward to the pictures. Loving the previews :)
The trip was great. The rain was a bit of a let down, but overall it was great as always.

I hope all is going as well as it can for you. My TR and PTR and all of this stuff will be around whenever you get to it, no worries at all about keeping up. Wishing you the best and my thoughts go out to you and Mark.

---
Ok, I'm a slacker. I'm still far from done on the photos. A certain game is really taking up my extra time lately!

I have organized my dark ride stuff and know how I'm going to present it in the TR. I've also gone through Pass 1 on Journey, Pirates, Peter Pan, and... a couple others I think. I'm currently working on my food pictures and have dropped the dupes/bads out of that and am about halfway through my "Pass 1" of processing on those.

I've still got a long way to go though. I may be able to export a couple more soon to whet your appetite (yes, I Googled the expression to make sure I had it right. And why does Chrome not recognize "Google" as a verb... after all, Google makes Chrome, you'd figure they'd support using it as a correct form of anything :p), but no promises! (At least as to when)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter