Leaping into Fun on the Disney Dream 2-29-2016

Who would be interested in being Fish Extender Friends?

• I would! But I need more info...

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • I would! I've done one before!

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
Ok, I finally read and understand fe, lol Our family of 3 would love to participate. This is our first cruise so please bare with me and my lack of knowledge.
Our son is 8 yo

Last edited:
We are 1st time cruisers and beyond excited! Would love to do the FE!! Family of 4, 2 girls ages 12 & 7 :)

I am starting to organize a list of Fish Extender Friends. Getting excited!

I cant start a private message with most of you because yall havent posted ten times. :((((

Unfortunately, posts have once again been removed from a number of Cruise Meets threads including this one.

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, etc.).

Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine still managing meet and FE discussions right here on the DIS as they have since FE began (also here on the DIS).

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin with child ages for age appropriate gift giving. Other information you would like to share such as names, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, if no one comes forward to organize a FE for this cruise, anyone can organize the FE right in this thread.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics - http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/fish-extender-basics.htm

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Thank you! I am still completely lost and have not received anything on FE through this group. I was trying to join FE since this is our 6th cruise but first time with FE and have not heard anything back from the group.

Unfortunately, posts have once again been removed from a number of Cruise Meets threads including this one.

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, etc.).

Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine still managing meet and FE discussions right here on the DIS as they have since FE began (also here on the DIS).

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin with child ages for age appropriate gift giving. Other information you would like to share such as names, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, if no one comes forward to organize a FE for this cruise, anyone can organize the FE right in this thread.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics - http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/fish-extender-basics.htm

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
h

Thank you! I am still completely lost and have not received anything on FE through this group. I was trying to join FE since this is our 6th cruise but first time with FE and have not heard anything back from the group.

h

It sounds like hannaH Jo has a list started and is communicating via PMs with people. If you go to the Test Board here: http://www.disboards.com/threads/test-posts.1720431/ you can post at least 5 more times and that will put your count over the 10 required to send him/her a PM. You may need to wait 30 min or so before it recognizes you meet that requirement, but that person should be able to get you the details for the current FE group. :) If they continue to solicit you to another site (which they really shouldn't be doing - those that want to do it through another site should just stick to that site in my own opinion) you could always start a list yourself right here in this thread - its pretty easy though it does take a little time and thought from an organizer. PrincessShmoo said it well in another thread:

There's really no "rules" as to how a FE program runs. Basically someone maintains the list of those who wish to participate. The group can decide on what information is necessary to produce FE gifts. A basic list may only have DISname/room number/number of people in the room. A more involved list could be first & last names/ages/room number/favorite character/favorite color/allergies/whatever is deemed necessary to know. Also a decision can be made as to size of FE. Some groups break out the list(s) at 10-15 rooms max, so that there are multiple lists (and some people will participate in more than one list). Other groups just make one big list (upwards of 20-30 rooms).

At some point the list will "close". Typically this happens 30-45 days out from the cruise, so that everyone participating has time to organize/prepare their gifts. Shortly before this time (about 2-3 weeks prior) the organizer will either post the list (usually via a conversation is best, as that's more private) to confirm everyone on it is still participating. And making a statement about "anyone not confirming by XX date will be dropped".

Once the list closes, the organizer will post the final list. Also, a decision must be made as to whether to allow late additions. Sometimes there is a "pixie dust" list. That is, basically, a latecomers list that gets posted about a week out from the cruise that others may or may not add to their "final" list. Be sure the "pixie dust" list participants realize they may or may not get gifts from others.

I cant start a private message with most of you because yall havent posted ten times. :(((([/QUOTE

We are still interested in joining the group if it isn't too late. I will read the directions how to post to get permission to receive messages.

Hello, if it's not too late my family of 4 would be interested in joining the fish extenders group.

First time cruisers. Family of three (4 year old boy). Very interested in joining a group for the fish extender if it's still not too late. Thank you.

I am gonna have to ask for all info from members serious about joining the Fish Extenders group by 1-29. that way I can send a list of info to you all that way we can have a month to make gifts. I REALLY REALLY want this to work out for everyone interested were just running out of time for this to be practical. please and thanks please and thanks.
private "conversations" will prolly be best but you have to post ten times (which sucks I know)

I am not sure on the amount of people in everyroom as of right now.
I think we should get a list of the cabin members with names and ages (of the "kids") along with any other info yall might need for your gifts. for example I was hoping for your favorite "classic character" aka Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Daisy, or Pluto.
We will also need your cabin number so we know where to drop the gifts off! Fish Extenders are... lots of fun glad all the "newbies" are joining! Not to mention first time Disney Cruisers your in for life changing FUN!
I've got an Excel Document that I will send on this convo once I have all the info provided.
thanks so much fellow Castaways

Hi we are going on our first Disney cruise and we would love to join this fish extender thing I heard about. I thought it was cute that people leave things for each other. How do we join. We are a family of 5. 2 boys. 13 and 11. And a little princess who is 4. This is going to be a great trip for them. We could use help making it magical for them and helping them meet other kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter