Leaked Plans for AVATAR at AK available online

Okay, so if it's an Avatar ride big deal. The main problem with working with James Cameron, is that he never sticks to his budget and he is woefully over time on all his projects. So I hope Disney is prepared for that. I am not an Avatar fan, but I will try any ride once. I just hope that we are still not speculating about this ten years from now because Cameron is still gumming up the works with his "creative process".:coffee:

Well this is really disappointing then because Avatar was pretty lame. It was Pocahontas but with blue aliens. Never saw it in theaters and I deleted it after one watch.

I saw the same movie in 1980 with Ewoks in the place of the Na'vi.

Any chance this E-ticket ride could be something similiar to forbidden journey at harry potter?

That is the kind of technology that Disney needs to bring Avatar to life. Just make it 3D and I will be in line waiting to ride.

The Soarn' like E-ticket could have more motion the Soarin', but based on the plans it won't have vehicles that move through the environment like Forbidden Journey.

What is Beastly Kingdom?

An area in the original Animal Kingdom plans that was cut when the budget was reduced. It was to be themed to fantasy animals (hence the dragon at the front gates and the unicorn parking lot).

Supposedly the Imagineers responsible for the design took the plans to Universal and built the Dueling Dragons coaster.

Any chance this E-ticket ride could be something similiar to forbidden journey at harry potter?

That is the kind of technology that Disney needs to bring Avatar to life. Just make it 3D and I will be in line waiting to ride.

Unfortunately, not likely to happen. Universal was smart and secured exclusive Themepark rights to the Kuka Arm technology when they created Forbidden Journey. I think, if I remember what I read correctly, they have exclusivity on the robotic arm in a dark ride tech for about 10yrs ( of which obviously a couple years have already been burned due to Forbidden Journey's opening a couple years ago.).

The "Sum of All Thrills" attraction in Innoventions utilizes the Kuka Arms as well, but it's a use of the tech that has been available, and directly marketted, for a few years now so that type of simulator isn't impacted by the theme park rights which Universal negotiated.

~I just learned about the "BIG" news that Universal is suppose to announce on November 1st. With this information, I just can't help but think that this "leak" is strategic and intentional -- couple that with the images of the New Test Track entrance that were posted today, which will also coincidentally be unveiled this week, leads me to believe all of this is another chess move in Disney's subtle way of "answering" Universal. But, will it be enough??? :goodvibes

~Universal fans have [BIG] expectations for Phase II, plus a bonus Transformers ride! So, far I think Universal is winning the battle among hottest new attractions, but over time Disney will slowly win the war by consistently plussing all four parks. Avatar alone may not be able to take down Potter. The plans are nice enough, but I don't see $500,000,000 (half a billion), at least not yet. But a collective effort of various new attractions and features could prove to be a formidable force in silencing the Beast that is The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I am hoping for a "bonus" third attraction for Avatarland, a real E ticket attraction. Cedar Point is unveiling an amazing new Winged Coaster called the "GateKeeper" in 2013. This coaster would be great with an AVATAR theme.

346avzq.jpg

2nurtj7.jpg

~The price tag for this coaster is just under $30 Million! I know its basic and in typical Cedar Point fashion, they will drop this coaster right on the ground under the HOT sun, lol. Obviously, it's not "Disney" and the coaster will more than likely lack those "immersive" details and elaborate queues, but, it's a record breaker and still super impressive.

~As a bit of an aside, I would also love to see Monster's Inc or Wreck It Ralph expanded upon at DHS. A coaster/and or thrill ride and a few family rides would be awesome! Anyway, I'm excited and can't wait to hear more details on Avatarland!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

what about a soarin type ride but kind of like the manta (sea world Orlando ) a flying type ride with that would be awesome. Mabye even make it 4d water, etc.
i heard that Beastly Kingdom was going to have a roller coaster was it a possibility it was put as the rock n roller coaster because when they cut the budget the coaster was already on order so they just rethemed it and moved it to DHS

~I just learned about the "BIG" news that Universal is suppose to announce on November 1st. With this information, I just can't help but think that this "leak" is strategic and intentional -- couple that with the images of the New Test Track entrance that were posted today, which will also coincidentally be unveiled this week, leads me to believe all of this is another chess move in Disney's subtle way of "answering" Universal. But, will it be enough??? :goodvibes

~Universal fans have [BIG] expectations for Phase II, plus a bonus Transformers ride! So, far I think Universal is winning the battle among hottest new attractions, but over time Disney will slowly win the war by consistently plussing all four parks. Avatar alone may not be able to take down Potter. The plans are nice enough, but I don't see $500,000,000 (half a billion), at least not yet. But a collective effort of various new attractions and features could prove to be a formidable force in silencing the Beast that is The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I am hoping for a "bonus" third attraction for Avatarland, a real E ticket attraction. Cedar Point is unveiling an amazing new Winged Coaster called the "GateKeeper" in 2013. This coaster would be great with an AVATAR theme.

346avzq.jpg

2nurtj7.jpg

~The price tag for this coaster is just under $30 Million! I know its basic and in typical Cedar Point fashion, they will drop this coaster right on the ground under the HOT sun, lol. Obviously, it's not "Disney" and the coaster will more than likely lack those "immersive" details and elaborate queues, but, it's a record breaker and still super impressive.

~As a bit of an aside, I would also love to see Monster's Inc or Wreck It Ralph expanded upon at DHS. A coaster/and or thrill ride and a few family rides would be awesome! Anyway, I'm excited and can't wait to hear more details on Avatarland!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

I love Harry Potter and I grew up reading each book but I've never had a desire to go to Universal. ever. I do frequent other parks but Disney will always have me coming back, regardless of what Universal has to offer. I am dying to ride GateKeeper however. We live about 4 hours from Cedar Point and I went for the first time in August. AMAZING PARK!...but it has nothing on Disney, even with Gate Keeper opening next year.

what about a soarin type ride but kind of like the manta (sea world Orlando ) a flying type ride with that would be awesome. Mabye even make it 4d water, etc.
i heard that Beastly Kingdom was going to have a roller coaster was it a possibility it was put as the rock n roller coaster because when they cut the budget the coaster was already on order so they just rethemed it and moved it to DHS
:cheer2: :welcome: :cheer2:

~Wow, I didn't know that, but it makes a lot of sense! Okay, so I just had to check out a pic of the Manta, and I agree with you, something like that would be awesome!!! Plus, it looks very AVATAR-ish, lol!

5k0osj.jpg

~I googled the cost of this coaster and figures amount to around $50 Million, give or take. I don't know, but the reason why I am expecting a big thrill ride of some sort, is because the demographic of AVATAR fans is likely comprised of tween, teen, & young adult males. This group will more than likely want to experience thrill based rides, more than any other group. So, I guess we'll have to wait & see! :goodvibes

I love Harry Potter and I grew up reading each book but I've never had a desire to go to Universal. ever. I do frequent other parks but Disney will always have me coming back, regardless of what Universal has to offer. I am dying to ride GateKeeper however. We live about 4 hours from Cedar Point and I went for the first time in August. AMAZING PARK!...but it has nothing on Disney, even with Gate Keeper opening next year.
~Good for you! There is absolutely no shame in being a devout Disney lover! :goodvibes Initially, Universal had never appealed to me either, but this Potter thing has certainly peaked my interest, and I now I see there is a lot more to appreciate beyond that. I haven't been to Universal, Sea World or anything outside of Disney, yet. But, I think I'm going to plan a visit once Phase II is complete, plus my children should be tall enough by then to enjoy most of the rides there. Cedar Point advertises heavily where I live, and our kids are already asking to go, but they just aren't tall enough for the big rides. I haven't been to Cedar Point in years, and I don't think I'll visit again until our kids are teenagers! :rotfl:

Actually... The idea for the Beastly Kingdom Coaster was Built.... Just not at disney. Universal's Dueling Dragons Coaster is what is commonly believed to have been the ride idea designed for Beastly Kingdom. It was brought to Universal by the Disney Imagineers who went to Universal Creative after Disney laid them off.

I am not sure if I like the Avatar idea but AK does need some new rides, and Disney definitely needs some new thrill rides (adrenaline Junkie here!!)

Sorry but the movie was not that good. It was ok. There are so many things Disney could have done to update/improve AK. There is no doubt a facelift is in order, Avatar does not say Disney to me.

Sorry but the movie was not that good. It was ok. There are so many things Disney could have done to update/improve AK. There is no doubt a facelift is in order, Avatar does not say Disney to me.

how about we give it a chance and maybe see some concept art before we right it off

Personally think Avatar fits perfectly with AK's theme. The central message of the park has always been conservation and eco friendly messages....Yes the film is little more than a cartoon version of Dances with Wolves but it was not bad, hugely popular and fits the message. Makes total sense to me.

But to those who are saying it, I agree there needs to be some serious E Ticket rides to make me sit through the message.

346avzq.jpg

2nurtj7.jpg

Love the Avatar movie and can't wait to see it come to Disney. However this type of coaster has absolutley no apeal to me. I am terrified of heights. I can do a few coasters like Big thunder Mountain as long as I close my eyes when on the outside parts. But this, no way. There are to many open air coaster like this at Universal. Hence the reason I have no interest in going there other than to maybe check out Harry Potter. Not enough themeing to go with a coaster of this type for Disney in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter