Le Cellier: Prime Rib or Filet?

Sippora

Earning My Ears
We have ADR's for Le Cellier for our upcoming trip. DH is a prime rib guy and will probably order it when he sees it on the menu. I haven't heard good reviews of it though. I've heard it can be fatty and tough.
On the other hand I've heard great reviews about the 7oz. filet. Just don't know if I can (or should) convince him to order it instead. He might not think it's manly enough. :rotfl:
Have you tried either or both cuts of steak? Please share your opinion. :thanks:

I've tried the Filet. Didn't even need a knife to cut it! I ordered it medium because I knew my DW wouldn't like what she ordered, so we switched. (I usually get it very rare) She had the chicken, but she is sensitive as to how cooked chicken looks and many times she feels restaurants undercook them. I wouldn't have kept it if it were done any less, but it was okay for me. We both LOVED the Filet though!

Alan :smokin:

It depends on what he/you like. Prime rib usually can always be alittle more fatty as are some cuts of beef steaks. My DH likes Prime rib and Filet. I always like Filets. I'd let him decide as I'm sure both are good.

Alan the Foodie said:
I've tried the Filet. Didn't even need a knife to cut it! I ordered it medium because I knew my DW wouldn't like what she ordered, so we switched. QUOTE]
:lmao: You're a good husband! And thanks for the info :)

LISAMWDW said:
It depends on what he/you like. Prime rib usually can always be alittle more fatty as are some cuts of beef steaks. My DH likes Prime rib and Filet. I always like Filets. I'd let him decide as I'm sure both are good.

Let him decide? Surly you jest! :rotfl:
I just wanted an idea so I can give him the best suggestion. I'd be sad if he were dissapointed.
Knowing him he'll get the prime rib anyways. :rolleyes:

Maybe this will help him decided, is he a surf and turf guy? When we were there last September DH got prime rib and I ordered something that was not on the menu, it was lobster and filet it was sooooo good. The waiter called it their "hidden mickey". It's not officially on the menu but they tell you about it when you are there. Either way both items were good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter