Laura and James' SEPT 2011 Planning journal!! Updates 15th Jan

You have such a great story. It's so wonderful to see a man with a bit of romance in him, congrats.

I haven't been on the boards for awhile but I do have some updates for you!

1. I went dress shopping and managed to find THE dress on my first shopping day! I didn't buy it there even though they were hassling me to buy by saying I could get £250 worth of accessories if I bought there and then. I can be impulsive but not that impulsive and it actually paid off as I found the dress for £250 less by buying directly through the company who made it.

Its from White Rose
38_wp140.jpg

It was just what I was looking for simple and elegant. It has a corseted back so it makes it easier for altering and its lighter in weight then some of the other I tried on. Hopefully this will mean that I won't get so hot in the September heat!

I'm going to borrow James' sister's veil that has little diamonds scattered on it and get it shortened so its a fingertip veil and have this as my headpiece
swarovski-crystal-tiara-headband.jpg

The bridal shop I saw this in wanted £185 for this but I found it for £76. I may change my mind if I find something a little cheaper.

My hair will be up (my hair and humidity don't work well together) with the veil at the base of my hair.

2. We had confirmation from Disney that everything we want is available and that no-one can have our dates and time!

So pleased as everyone kept saying "What if you don't get the date?" which made me worry slightly.
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::cloud9::cloud9::woohoo::woohoo:

I got my dress today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So excited! The shop I tried it on called me up this week and offered to price match the dress and offer me £250 worth of accessories! Went into the shop with my friend and James' sister and bought it! So got myself a cheeky little deal!

Laura can I ask where you got your hairband - it's so pretty!!!
Thanks!!

We are doing our wedding in September as well and I thought the same exact thing! I didn't want a big huge dress that I would get sooooo hot in! :)
Our weddings are pretty close :)

September 25 :)

Ahh thats a shame, we would be flying back on that day. What is a sad sad day for us is the complete opposite for you two!

How are your plans coming along?

Got disappointing news from Disney, they are no longer offering the complimentary night for Escape brides! So I am going to have to come up with a cheap alternative!

Ahh thats a shame, we would be flying back on that day. What is a sad sad day for us is the complete opposite for you two!

How are your plans coming along?

Got disappointing news from Disney, they are no longer offering the complimentary night for Escape brides! So I am going to have to come up with a cheap alternative!

Aww man! That would have been wonderful if we were in Disney at the same time!

Plans are coming along ok, but I still feel so behind!

Are you looking to stay in Disney that night? That stinks that they aren't offering it anymore!

Ok here are a few updates

Got our LOA and so we officially have our date
Got Rev Randal Miller as our Officiant
Booked in Beaute Speciale for my hair and makeup
Got assigned Tanis as our planner!

I think we have decided to do an Asian style buffet to have something a little different then the usual wedding food! And although I thought a bar on consumption would be cheaper I think it would be nice to know that there would be no hidden surprises when we got back so we are thinking of a package bar. That way we can have all the cocktails we want and it means that no-one feels guilty about drinking excessively(even if its me)!
no-one is going to stop me having a pina colada on my wedding day!

Going in to get measured for my dress on Saturday and will try and get photos of me in it! I will post the pictures if they let me!

Yum! Your idea of an asian buffet just made me very hungry!!!
I'm sure you will look beautiful and beaute speciale will do a wonderful job! I've heard great things!!
Wonderful idea about the package bar! I always joke that if we were doing this, I'd probably be the one enjoying the most beverages :laughing:
Can't wait to see pics!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter