Laundry?

lnh'smom

DIS Veteran
Am I the only one who doesn't do laundry on vacation? We are going for 10 days and I am NOT doing any. I would rather take extra clothes instead of doing laundry. YUCK! Last year we went for 8 days and didn't need to. I am not criticizing those who do (to each his own!), so no flames please. Just wondering if I am the only who feels this way! :confused3

I would never not do laundry.

I also have a full size washer and dryer in our kitchen in our rental home so it is very easy.

That would mean I had to take 17 days worth of laundry for 5 people.

Yuck

If you travel in the summer, the heat and humidity may have you going through 2 outfits each day. That could double the amount of clothing you need to pack.

I packed plenty of clothes, but we still ended up doing laundry. It's really no big deal to do laundry at WDW. The laundry rooms are right by the swimming pools. You pop a load in the machine, go for a short swim, and then finish the load.

I feel exactly the same way Inh'smom. I've already informed DH either he can do laundry or bring a little extra cash and valet some of the laundry (we're staying at WL & AKL.) We're driving down, so at least we'll have room for all the clothes.

Ty

I find doing laundry relaxing. I hate to take so much stuff so it is no big deal to do it while the kids swim with DH. I have meet a lot of really nice people doing laundry. ( Also some very rude ones, but they are easy to forget ;) )

I've never even considered doing laundry on vacation. It is, after all, a vacation. On the other hand, it's only myself and one child. That could make a huge difference!

i do laundry :Pinkbounc

We got to a park in the Am, around noon go back to the resort.
I think alot of the laundry machines are by the pools (that I know of anyway)

Throw in the laundry, get myself a drink, and head to the pool...

We have over 35 visits to WDW since 1977 and the early years were with 2 children and we have never done laundry. We pack enough clothes and we're on vacation. We go on vacation to escape the meanial tasks of every day home life, cooking and laundry. We're there to just relax, soak in the Florida sunshine and enjoy the mouses property and themeing to the max. Hanging around a washer and dryer or slaving over a stove will never happen on our vacation.

I will say I have done both...... the one great thing about doing the laundry:
when you get home it is much nicer to have some clean clothes that just get put away (we stayed off-site in a timeshare last time, I put in a load at night before bed, and popped it in the dryer when I awoke each day)

There will be four of us going for 14 days and I will not be doing laundry. Yes I know thats alot of clothes but it is summer time and summer clothes are smaller and easier to pack. :)

I don't do laundry either! After all it's my vacation ,why would Iwant to do housework on a vacation! I just bring enough for everyone and worry about it AFTER I'm home! :sunny:

I have done it both ways. I really like not having all the dirty clothes to deal with when get home, so I like to do a couple of loads of laundry while we are there.

I hate doing laundry at home, much less on vacation! :laundy: However, I have not been able to escape it! We just can't seem to go without at least one laundry session per visit. Since I have a 3 1/2 yr old son, he tends to go through at least 2 outfits per day with spills, getting wet and so forth. My dd9 is also a messy eater and she is always spilling on her shirt. One good thing about laundry at Disney is that it gives me some quiet time to look around the resort while Im waiting. I check out the gift shop or the lobby, and it can force me to slow down when its really hard to slow down at the parks! :p

For 7 nights I packed five outfits for each of us, each in a ziploc bag, except DD's that I could cram 3 tees with a pair of shorts. I planned ahead to fit laundry in our vacation, finding the time was a little dicey but I managed because I didn't actually schedule a time. We ended up washing three loads, one on morning 3 of all the darks, and a day or so later we washed two more loads, the whites and lights we needed out of pure necessity. Everything was repacked in ziplocs for wearing again or simply packing back in the suitcase - worked out nicely and saved a lot of time matching shorts to tops and trying to fit it all in the suitcase.

We did refill the pop-up hamper with the heavy denim shorts I refused to spend money to dry, but that was about all that needed to be washed when we got home. BTW, the ziplocs make unpacking easy too!

I do laundry :laundy: ..our trips are usually 7-10 days and we usually go through 2 outfits each day. Now my girls would have PLENTY of outfits to bring.. :confused3 but my hubby and I do not. Plus by bringing fewer clothes and doing laundry we have that much more room for souvineers!!! :rotfl2:

As I mentioned, I do laundry.. However, i think it also depends on which month we are there. If its really hot, I do laundry. We've been there in Jan, Feb before when it was pretty cold (jeans & sweatshirt) and I did not do laundry..

We usually end up doing laundry one time during our trip. It really doesn't take that long since there are lots of washers & dryers in the hotel laundry room - a couple of hours at the most. We put our dirty clothes in plastic bags and then load them in a couple of suitcases with wheels and roll them to the laundry room. When we are finished, we fold the clothes and repack them in the suitcases and then redistribute them back in the room to the kids.

Because my crew goes through 2 changes of clothes each day (in August) I will be doing laundry on the trip. If any of you DISers can answer either of these questions, I would be very grateful:
1. Is there a laundry room in the CR tower? We stayed in the CR north garden wing a few years ago, and the laundry room there was mobbed.
2. Is there a laundry valet service available (not dry cleaning, but laundry)?
Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter