• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Late Ohana reservations warning

OP said they had a 9:45 adr and were seated at 10:00. That's only 15 min late, not 45 minutes. IMO, they should not seat after 9. Who could eat all that meat at 10pm, I wouldn't be able to go to sleep until after midnight if I ate all that food at 10.

Oops, I saw another poster say they had a 9:20 ADR and mixed them up. I don't see where OP has posted what time her ADR was.
We tend to eat late as we are on west coast time, so 10 pm is 7 pm to us and midnight is 9 pm, especially early in the vacation. My long waits @ Ohanas were about 40 mins (2008) and over an hour (2009) - so I've not been back.

I was just trying to warn folks. Ohana is like the holy grail of Disney dining but if you have a late ressie, you might be in for a big disappointment!! That's all. Really... it stank.

::yes:: Our ADR wasn't even late. I just don't get the love for this place???? :eek:

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

I don't either.My family love love loves that place so we almost always have a meal there but I am not a fan. I would not even consider an ADR that was late, their service is spotty so I would be afraid to magnify that chance.

Ohana is DH's favorite place to eat at Disney. We have learned however to never get a late ADR there. In April we had 9:00 reservations and waited till almost 10:00 to be seated. The service was awful and were clearly rushing us. When they brought around meat they kept bringing chicken and pork. We had to request the shrimp and steak and were told they didn't have any more for the night. Was one of the worst dinner services I've had. We still love Ohana, we just make sure we go earlier in the night.

Should have made a complaint with the manager they are supposed to have everything for the price you pay.I am sure you have been credited or comped.

Question for you ? If you arrive super early for your ressie will that make an attempt to seat you if you wait an hour from the time you arrive or do you have to come back at your ressie time??:offtopic:

Disneyandphilliesfan said:
Question for you ? If you arrive super early for your ressie will that make an attempt to seat you if you wait an hour from the time you arrive or do you have to come back at your ressie time??:offtopic:

Every time we've been anywhere near this place there have always been hoards of people waiting to be seated. I imagine they'd tell you to come back at the correct time, and then you'd still have to wait past your ADR time, but anything is possible... You could try, but I certainly wouldn't have high hopes.

I cannot say for sure but I would doubt it. This place is busy. I have never been seated on time and always arrive a bit early.

I cannot say for sure but I would doubt it. This place is busy. I have never been seated on time and always arrive a bit early.

We have always been seated on time, but then again, we prefer to eat when it first opens, and are always there. The line gets very long quickly.

We ate there last Sunday and arrived about 90 minutes prior to our ADR to enjoy some drinks at the Tambu Lounge. My husband inquired at the desk about being seated early and they told us to come back 30 minutes before our ADR time to check in but wouldn't allow anything prior to that. I think we ended up being seated about 10-15 minutes before our scheduled time.

We have always been seated on time, but then again, we prefer to eat when it first opens, and are always there. The line gets very long quickly.

WE tend to eat later so our meals are generally scheduled between 7 and 8 PM. I think that makes a difference in on time seating and a little later.

We have had that experience on and off at 'Ohana, for both earlier and later seatings. While we do enjoy it there, the service has always been spotty for us. Once it was so bad, I had to complain to a manager. We don't go every year like we used to, but we go every other.

I was told the cooks wanted to go home and put the food away for the night. If I wanted meat I needed to take it "now".
My experience has been you can only check in 30 minutes early but it didn't mean you would get in any earlier.

We had this similar experience for our anniversary (9/3) reservation was the day before so a Sunday... Very much the same issue. All meat dumped at once to the extent of feeling rushed. Just kept coming and servers were not very personable. My DW and I both were awestruck by this as we have gone every year and never this. We however had a reservation right around 8? Perhaps earlier cuz our reservation was for 7:20. It was a bit overwhelming so I hope try fix this Service. I'm guessing it all has to do with its high demand. Oh well better luck next year

I was able to get a 5 pm reservation. We had sworn this place off, but after reading comments of earlier being better I'm really thinking about giving it another try... :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter