Late Ohana reservations warning

wendylovesdisney

DIS Veteran
I'm here now and was at ohana last night. Warning: we were seated at 10:00 pm. If you have children and expect entertainment they wrap it up by then. Also, our server was horrible. They brought out the food and he dumped meat on top of my salad completely obscuring it. He brought all meat at once and it was ridiculous. I turned to cut my daughters meat and he came back over and said are you ready for more meat or did you save room for dessert? I told him I hadn't even ate yet! (Duh!) I should have said something but it all felt so awkward, and rushed and like I was inconveniencing him. I'm mad NOW because I didn't complain. We were in and out in 45 minutes, which believe me, was a world record for a Disney restaurant.
I dont think they should seat you if they don't want you to eat.
Just be warned.

Wow, 45 minutes is fast for Ohana's meal... we were there for 1 hour and 45 minutes but that was a bit too long for me. What time was your ADR for if you don't mind me asking???

I have often wondered about those late reservations. Sorry you had such a bad time. So disappointing.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

True, a dinner at 10 pm should the same as the one at 5 pm, but people are people and it seems like you're just asking for potential trouble by eating that late. The servers have been pushing meat off sticks for more than 5 hours at that point and you can bet they all just want to go home

June we had a 920 and it was bad, worst experience in Ohana ever, and we use to go every yr to Ohana since 2005! The experience made us write off Ohana for good!

We have a 5:10pm reservation for tomorrow. I'm hoping for a decent experience.

We had a late reservation last December. The problem wasn't that the meal was rushed but that it's a PITA trying to get back to our resort!! I completely forgot that they had changed the monorail hours and they were closed. There were 3 or 4 families that all needed to get back to POFQ. We were told that our only option was to wait for a bus to DTD. Waited 30 min for that bus, then another 45 for a bus from DTD to POFQ ( ferry had closed for night ). It was horrible. Really wished we would have just called for a cab!

We had a late reservation last December. The problem wasn't that the meal was rushed but that it's a PITA trying to get back to our resort!! I completely forgot that they had changed the monorail hours and they were closed. There were 3 or 4 families that all needed to get back to POFQ. We were told that our only option was to wait for a bus to DTD. Waited 30 min for that bus, then another 45 for a bus from DTD to POFQ ( ferry had closed for night ). It was horrible. Really wished we would have just called for a cab!

Thanks for pointing this out, I plan on eating relatively late at 'Ohana when we finally go and transport issues hadn't occurred to me.

We'll probably reluctantly take a cab to save on stress.

I almost always get stuck with a late meal at 'Ohana but I've never had rushed service. I bet I've eaten there 10 times with a reservation 9:30 or later. Hopefully you caught them on a bad night. I agree though that the singer/games is definitely winding down by then.

True, a dinner at 10 pm should the same as the one at 5 pm, but people are people and it seems like you're just asking for potential trouble by eating that late. The servers have been pushing meat off sticks for more than 5 hours at that point and you can bet they all just want to go home

Yes, but this is not necessarily by choice. I wanted an ADR there, and the earliest available on the day I was hoping for was 945PM. I can't even contemplate eating that much food so late in the evening! I think you are right, however, about people wanting to go home, and perhaps the best solution would be to simply say the lastest ADR you can get at Ohana's is 9PM. No one should be rushed through their meal, and this situation really sucked IMHO.

June we had a 920 and it was bad, worst experience in Ohana ever, and we use to go every yr to Ohana since 2005! The experience made us write off Ohana for good!

I am surprised you would write it off after a bad experience after eating there 7 years in a row. I guess you must have had several sub par experiences there in the past as well.

I have eaten at Ohana's at least 4 times. I have had ADRs early and late, the latest was 8pm. I have always found that they always try to drop the food quickly. I always have told the server that I want time between courses and that helps. I think that they are trying to turn the tables quickly because it is so popular.

davedmaine said:

Then they shouldn't stay open so late. I work 10 hour days and work just as hard at hour 9 as I do at hour 1.

My family has also had an experience at 'Ohana that was so bad we'll never return.

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

bluejasmine said:

::yes:: Our ADR wasn't even late. I just don't get the love for this place???? :eek:

So OP had to wait 40 minutes beyond her ADR time to be seated - brings back memories of the horribly long waits I've experienced there in the past and the super crowded area around the entry w/ too few seats for those long waits.

sndral said:
So OP had to wait 40 minutes beyond her ADR time to be seated - brings back memories of the horribly long waits I've experienced there in the past and the super crowded area around the entry w/ too few seats for those long waits.

::yes:: That's what we experienced as well.

OP said they had a 9:45 adr and were seated at 10:00. That's only 15 min late, not 45 minutes. IMO, they should not seat after 9. Who could eat all that meat at 10pm, I wouldn't be able to go to sleep until after midnight if I ate all that food at 10.

kandb said:
I wouldn't be able to go to sleep until after midnight if I ate all that food at 10.

Then you'd be all set for 1am EMH!!! :woohoo:

I cannot imagine eating a heavy meal that late (not to excuse the service). We have eaten at O'hana once or twice every trip for years and have never had bad service or food. Maybe it's because we *always* get ressies for dinner opening. We have to have 2-3 hours minimum between eating a large meal and bedtime.

Ohana is DH's favorite place to eat at Disney. We have learned however to never get a late ADR there. In April we had 9:00 reservations and waited till almost 10:00 to be seated. The service was awful and were clearly rushing us. When they brought around meat they kept bringing chicken and pork. We had to request the shrimp and steak and were told they didn't have any more for the night. Was one of the worst dinner services I've had. We still love Ohana, we just make sure we go earlier in the night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts