Laptop for videos in the car. ???

indimom

Are We There Yet?
I'm wondering if anyone has a creative solution for us. We recently purchased our first laptop and used it on a Christmas trip to my sisters house. We plan to use it again when driving to Disney this summer. Our problem is one of the kids has to hold it on their lap and it is uncomfortable and difficult for both kids to see. Is there any way to mount it between the two seatbacks?? The only thing I could find was a tray/table that would mount to one seat. Also we had an issue with glare on the screen during the daylight hours. I've searched the net and see that anti-glare products are available, but have no idea what would work/is best. Any ideas???
All tips greatly appreciated. Thanks!

what do you drive? is there a option where you could set it on the front console? and then just a anti glare sticker thing off of ebay

See if they make the lap top bags similar to the portable DVD bags where they can be mounted on the seat rest. I'm not sure how large your DVD is but maybe you can use a velcro strip and wrap it around a seatback and the laptop?

Do you have an armrest between the two front seats? If so, lay it down, set the laptop on top of it and you're good to go. Either keep an eye on it for slippage, put one of those no slip pads under it, or find other means of securing it to the arm rest.

Its what we do, and it works great, allows all the kids to see it, but we also have an Expedition so there's an ample arm rest for it to sit on.

As far as the glare, we have small blankets, think air line sized blankets, that we put behind the computer <between the front and back seat> if the sun is coming from that direction. We also hang a blanket on the windows to help with glare that way.

We used a lapdesk on our recent trip and it worked great. It is the kind you get at bookstores with a soft pillow underneath the desk - my sons found it very comfortable.

I haven't found any laptop bags that will hold the laptop and can be mounted to the car seats, but I'm going to keep looking. I really think that would be the best option. We used to use my sisters' DVD set that mounts to the seat, and those worked fabulous, but they died and it seems silly to buy a set when we have the laptop.

There is a small console between the front seats, but the computer is really too big to fit well there (hubby and I are constantly bumping it).

I never thought of the lapdesk. That would probably help - get it up a little higher and more comfy that flat on their lap. Also they could probably balance it a little further away so it's not right in their face (if you know what I mean??)

Sounds like everyone else has used our methods for blocking the light (blankets etc.). I'd get the anti-glare screen if I knew what I was looking for, but I'm clueless.
I was wondering about those clings that stick to the windows that provide shade for babies?? Maybe a couple of those would work, we'd be able to move them around depending on where the sun is coming in? What do you all think?? A pretty cheap option that might work?

We drive a minivan down and we ended up resting our laptop on the top of small flat-topped cooler we brought for drinks. I put it right behind the console area. We tried the arm rests but my DH or I knocked it down 4 times before we tried the cooler as a table. We didn't have any sharp turns so it didn't move until I moved it to turn it off!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter