Laissez Le Bon Temps Rouler: Mardi Gras with the Mouse! Feb 2016 TR **NEW 11/25 *NEW TR LINK

Day 3 Continued: Monday February 8th

Soon enough, we had made it to the Italy pavilion, and I went to check us in for our ADR.

Feb 03-075
by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Feb 03-076

Feb 03-077

Feb 03-078
We only had to wait a few minutes to be called. While we were waiting, the flag troupe started a performance, so that kept the kids entertained.

Feb 03-079

Feb 03-080

Feb 03-081

Feb 03-083

Gio-278
This girl…always a performer!

Soon enough, we were inside and being led to our table. We were in kind of a back corner between the edge of the kitchen and the window looking out on the pavilion. It was nice having our own little corner of the restaurant so we didn’t have to worry about annoying anyone else around us! Lol On the way to the table, DH got a picture of the pizza ovens.

Feb 03-084

After a lot of back and forth over who was getting what, we decided on our pizzas. I was the only one that got my own pizza since I wanted the white pizza that I love so much. Everyone else got large pizzas to share.

Feb 03-085
Capricciosa (eggplant, artichokes, ham, and mushrooms)

Feb 03-086
Piccante (spicy Italian sausage)

Feb 03-087
Pepperoni

I took one really terrible selfie of us all!

Untitled

We had so much fun at this lunch, just hanging out and laughing together. There was especially a lot of laughter happening as everyone kept trying to figure out what they wanted to eat and changing their minds. Since Stryder’s birthday had just passed, we also mentioned it to the servers and they came over with a little dessert and sang him Happy Birthday in Italian. He got a real kick out of that!

The only tough part was wrangling DD! She wanted to grab at everything on the table, which made it a little nerve wracking because the pans the pizza came on were so hot! I tried her in the high chair, but she had barely started being able to sit up by herself, so the low set high chairs were not supportive enough for her. And she kept trying to put the straps in her mouth. GROSS! So I ended up holding her and having to sit sideways to keep her far enough from the table that she couldn’t grab or burn herself on anything.

Also while there, at some point my sister & I took a trip to the restroom. I know, exciting, right? I mention it because I had to laugh over DH giving me the nickname of "minor internet celebrity" because while we were leaving the restroom, I ran into a fellow minor internet celebrity! It was SparklyNicole, who I have followed on Instagram for ages, and she had recently started doing little segments on the new version of the WDW Today podcast I listened to! I recognized her at the paper towels and asked if it was her, and she smiled and said she was, so we chatted a bit on our way back to the tables. My sister was looking at me weird the whole time, and finally was like, "How do you know her??" once we had gotten back to the table! lol

After we had finished eating, DH was assigned the task of splitting the bill and figuring out who owed what to us since we ended up putting it on our credit card. Since this was quite a task and DD was getting hungry, I took her outside into the pavilion and found a quiet bench off to the side to sit and feed her. Despite how cold it had been that morning, it had turned into a really nice day so the weather was great for sitting outside and people watching!

Meanwhile, looks like DS was playing a game of Be That Statue in the pavilion.

Gio-292

Gio-297
Everyone kind of started filtering off to do their own thing after that, but I caught up once DD was done. DH, the kids, and I headed off back towards Future World to ride Journey Into Imagination. There was a Photopass photographer in a spot we had never seen one before on the pathway between World Showcase and Imagination.

Looks like DD fell asleep on the walk over!

Feb 03-088

Feb 03-091

Since DD was snoozing in the stroller, DH offered to stay with her while DS and I went to ride Figment.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

When we finished the ride, DS wanted to play inside the Image Works area, but I convinced him not to spend too much time in there since DH was waiting for us. We compromised that he instead of running around playing, he could design a Figment before we left.

Untitled

As we walked out, I spotted one of the photo booths I had seen mentioned in Facebook planning groups before our trip and I saw that the photos are included in your Memory Maker, so we stopped to take some pictures together in the booth.

Before heading out of Epcot for the day, we stopped for the Visa Meet & Greet to see who was out. The wait was really short, and soon enough we were spending some time with Minnie & Pluto! Unlike earlier that morning with Minnie at the Character Spot, this time around Minnie was excited to see DD dressed up as her mini-me (or would that be Minnie-me?).

DD was fascinated by the characters’ noses!

It was a fun meet! They had changed this just prior to our trip that they no longer give you a free 5x7 print of a photo from this meet. Now I believe it is just included for free downloads, whether you have Memory Maker or not. So there’s really no benefit to it if you have purchased MM or have it with your AP except that the meet is a bit more relaxed and they don’t rush you through like they do at the other meets around the park. But it’s a great bonus if you haven’t purchased MM.

We started making our way out of Epcot after that.

Feb 03-105

Pretty pic, and again with a pretty edit!

Feb 03-106

The original plan had been to stay in Epcot all day. But something was happening for a limited time at another park that we just couldn't miss!

UP NEXT: Lion Guard Defend!

Your trip seems like it was a good mix of group time and time with just your family. Maybe your DS will grow up to be an automotive engineer - I'd say he has talent in designing cars! Adorable pics of DD with Minnie!

It looks like you guys had a great time at Epcot. I still need to try Via Napoli but I am sure I will have plenty of time to do that this fall.
I LOVE DD's minnie outfit, so cute!

Glad everyone had a good time on Test Track!

Love the group photos!

I'm glad you had such a fun lunch! Sometimes it's tough dining with large parties but it sounds like you made it work! So many yummy looking pizzas :)

I have heard about those photos booth! I definitely want to do that on my next trip. Where exactly was this one? You guys took the cutest photos!

I'm glad you got a do-over with Minnie! Such cute photos!

Another reason I want to try Via Napoli. I keep reading such great things about it. Wonderful character interaction. I'm so glad this Minnie enjoyed visiting with her Minnie-me.

DIS Mega Meet weekend for their 10th anniversary and saw the dirt cheap rates they were offering, we decided to book a long weekend for just the two of us

I saw all of yours and Phil's facebook posts and was so jealous! It looked like a great weekend!
Out of curiousity, do you guys think you'll attend the 20th Anniversary of the boards that they've unofficially talked about?
Alex and I might've been looking at our broad vacation plans for the next few years and might've realized the only great time to go back home for a visit is conveniently around that June 1st date. :rolleyes1:rotfl:

After SE, we decided to go meet someone I was VERY excited to meet because we had just missed him on our October trip…Baymax! I’m sad we didn’t get to see him when he was meeting with Hiro at DHS, but I’m glad they moved him to Epcot instead of getting rid of him entirely.

I'm really glad they kept Baymax in the parks, too! It's nice to have a newer character available for meet and greets, especially now that they've added Joy and Sadness. Plus, while Landon loves the princesses, he also thinks Baymax is the coolest thing since sliced bread, so it's nice to have someone other than the lovely ladies to see.

He didn’t quite fit through the door, so he had to come out sideways! So freaking cute.

That's awesome.

Your photos from the meet and greet are great.
But, wow, Paxton looks so grown up! I can't believe how long it's been since his 1st birthday trip!

It was kind of funny because I downloaded one of their cuter photos and texted it to my friend and she was amazed because they had just taken it a few minutes before. She had no idea I’d be able to see them so quick on the app!

That is a great perk to having the Photopass package!

Although we were kind of hustling through World Showcase, we of course had to stop for the trains for the little ones in Germany.

Always.
Without fail.

On the way to the table, DH got a picture of the pizza ovens.

Nice shot! I love those ovens.

I was the only one that got my own pizza since I wanted the white pizza that I love so much. Everyone else got large pizzas to share.

Smart choice.
I can't believe nobody else wanted the Quattro Formaggi. That's the best pizza out there.
Out anywhere!
More for you, though!

And she kept trying to put the straps in her mouth. GROSS! So I ended up holding her and having to sit sideways to keep her far enough from the table that she couldn’t grab or burn herself on anything.

Bleck, dining with babies is a struggle. I'm sure you're grateful that she's older (a year now!:eek:) and can sit up unassisted and real food (as opposed to non food like the straps)

Lunch sounds like it was a fun time. On top of Via having great food, I think it was a good choice for a big family dinner. It's open and airy, and kind of invites those kinds of big, outgoing meals.

As we walked out, I spotted one of the photo booths I had seen mentioned in Facebook planning groups before our trip and I saw that the photos are included in your Memory Maker, so we stopped to take some pictures together in the booth.

I did not know that! How cool.
I love how you managed to get Paxton out of that play area. Those activities can suck a kid in for a good half hour! Not a terrible thing when it's the dead of summer and you need to cool off indoors and let the little ones burn off so energy. Not so great when you wanna get going to explore more of Epcot. :rotfl2:

Looks like a wonderful morning at EPCOT. I love all the character meets and pics you were able to get with the kids. The Minnie outfit your DD was wearing was really cute.

But most importantly, I'm glad that you were able to have your beloved pizza at Via Napoli.

Your trip seems like it was a good mix of group time and time with just your family. Maybe your DS will grow up to be an automotive engineer - I'd say he has talent in designing cars! Adorable pics of DD with Minnie!

It really was! I wish we had planned more with my aunt & uncle but it was hard because they didn't have park hoppers. But we still had a great time when we did get to spend it with them, and the kids loved being together, of course.

I think you might be right! He definitely gets his engineer-oriented mind from DH. His Pre-K teacher even said the same thing. When the other kids were building houses and people with the shapes they used at school, DS was the only one building monster trucks! lol

It looks like you guys had a great time at Epcot. I still need to try Via Napoli but I am sure I will have plenty of time to do that this fall.
I LOVE DD's minnie outfit, so cute!

Yes, you absolutely need to! We managed to squeeze in a meal there in July when it was just DH and I. It's my very favorite meal!!

Thank you!

Glad everyone had a good time on Test Track!

Love the group photos!

I'm glad you had such a fun lunch! Sometimes it's tough dining with large parties but it sounds like you made it work! So many yummy looking pizzas :)

I have heard about those photos booth! I definitely want to do that on my next trip. Where exactly was this one? You guys took the cutest photos!

I'm glad you got a do-over with Minnie! Such cute photos!

I'm really glad we made time to take our photos together as a group. I cherish those memories with my family!

It was a really fun lunch together! Way better than a character meal, like we had talked about, which probably would have been too hectic.

This one was to your left as you exit the dump shop after Imagination. I have passed them hundreds of times and never paid attention until I saw in a Facebook group that they are included with Memory Maker! DS and I had fun picking poses.

Totally glad we stopped for the Visa meet and had a better experience with Minnie while DD was in her Minnie outfit!!

Another reason I want to try Via Napoli. I keep reading such great things about it. Wonderful character interaction. I'm so glad this Minnie enjoyed visiting with her Minnie-me.

It's my favorite!! I am always dreaming of the next time I get to eat their pizzas.

It was totally worth checking out the Visa meet so we could get another try with Minnie!

I saw all of yours and Phil's facebook posts and was so jealous! It looked like a great weekend!
Out of curiousity, do you guys think you'll attend the 20th Anniversary of the boards that they've unofficially talked about?
Alex and I might've been looking at our broad vacation plans for the next few years and might've realized the only great time to go back home for a visit is conveniently around that June 1st date. :rolleyes1:rotfl:

Aside from the heat, it was a fantastic weekend! Kind of nice to do Disney just the two of us again without worrying about strollers, naptimes (except our own! lol), whining, early bedtimes, middle of the night wakeups, etc.

I truly doubt it. We are actually looking to be back in Disneyland around that time. If it's anything like how fun the Mega Meet weekend was, I'll be so sad to miss it though!

I'm really glad they kept Baymax in the parks, too! It's nice to have a newer character available for meet and greets, especially now that they've added Joy and Sadness. Plus, while Landon loves the princesses, he also thinks Baymax is the coolest thing since sliced bread, so it's nice to have someone other than the lovely ladies to see.

I love all of the new character meets! It's more fun than the same characters in different clothes. DS is still not as gung-ho about character meets, which is disappointing, but he got DH and I hooked on character meets when he was little!

Your photos from the meet and greet are great.
But, wow, Paxton looks so grown up! I can't believe how long it's been since his 1st birthday trip!

I can't believe it either! It seems like his first trip was not that long ago, and then I start to realize it has been almost five years!

That is a great perk to having the Photopass package!

I love being able to download the pics to my phone & upload them almost instantly! We have definitely gotten spoiled to that with having APs this year.

Always.
Without fail.

Whether we want to or not!

Nice shot! I love those ovens.

Yes! They are so cool!

Smart choice.
I can't believe nobody else wanted the Quattro Formaggi. That's the best pizza out there.
Out anywhere!
More for you, though!

My thoughts exactly. I couldn't believe no one else wanted to try it! Everyone else did a lot of swapping around on what they wanted, but I already had my mind made up of course.

Bleck, dining with babies is a struggle. I'm sure you're grateful that she's older (a year now!:eek:) and can sit up unassisted and real food (as opposed to non food like the straps)

Lunch sounds like it was a fun time. On top of Via having great food, I think it was a good choice for a big family dinner. It's open and airy, and kind of invites those kinds of big, outgoing meals.

This last trip we took with her in May was SOOO much better at mealtimes! She could snack while we ate and it kept her busy and her mind off of those nasty straps. She is such a great eater too, she might end up sharing meals with DS in October instead of just eating puffs or Cheerios! Yesterday she was in heaven begging food from everyone at her birthday party and ate way more than I ever thought she could fit in her belly!

It was really perfect for a large group! Kind of loud enough that we didn't seem overly loud, and lots of space over in our little corner.

I did not know that! How cool.
I love how you managed to get Paxton out of that play area. Those activities can suck a kid in for a good half hour! Not a terrible thing when it's the dead of summer and you need to cool off indoors and let the little ones burn off so energy. Not so great when you wanna get going to explore more of Epcot. :rotfl2:

I didn't know about the photo booths for a long time either! Just assumed you had to pay like everything else at Disney World. lol

Looks like a wonderful morning at EPCOT. I love all the character meets and pics you were able to get with the kids. The Minnie outfit your DD was wearing was really cute.

But most importantly, I'm glad that you were able to have your beloved pizza at Via Napoli.

It was a great morning, once it warmed up a bit especially.

Definitely the highlight of the day!

Our original plan for this day had been to spend the entire day at Epcot. However, on our first day when we had gone to AK, which was supposed to be our only AK time, and had asked about the Lion Guard experience we had heard about, we were a day early! So we had decided early on that we’d have to make time to go back to AK for the express purpose of doing the Lion Guard activity for DS. So as we were walking out of Epcot, our destination in mind was AK!

As we entered the park, we took a few pictures in front of the Tree of Life, because that’s a must!

We stopped inside one of the shops to pick up a Lion Guard Adventure map. It was pretty simple. It’s like a scavenger hunt around the park to find each member of the Lion Guard and take a picture with them. Then you go to Rafiki’s Planet Watch to take the pledge and become an honorary member of the Lion Guard. Because this was back when AK still closed early, and Rafiki’s Planet Watch closed even earlier, we had to hustle!!

First up, we found Ono.

Feb 03-107

I think each station said to do something specific to each member’s talent, but for the first one we didn’t realize that and just had him pose next to it.

Feb 03-108

Next up was DS’s favorite, Bunga!

Feb 03-109

Feb 03-110

Then we found Kion.

Feb 03-112

We found Beshte next.

Feb 03-116

And then Fuli.

Feb 03-117

Once we had found all of the characters, we hurried over to catch the train to Rafiki’s.

As soon as we walked into the Conservation Station, there was a large backdrop set up where they had CMs to help DS say the pledge and become an honorary member of the Lion Guard. He was SO excited!

Feb 03-125

Feb 03-126

Feb 03-127
There was also a Photopass photographer taking pictures of his induction.

Since we still had some time before we’d have to catch the last train back to Africa, we decided to stay and earn a few Wilderness Explorer badges while we were there. I think there are 3 or 4 different ones you can collect just inside of the Conservation Station alone, plus a few more around the rest of Planet Watch.

Feb 03-129

Feb 03-130
This station was kind of neat. There was an x-ray of a sea turtle that had gotten sick, and DS has to figure out from the x-ray what the turtle had eaten to make him sick.

After getting a few more badges, it was time to head to the train station. Tarzan was walking around as we left. Gotta say, I wouldn’t mind running into Alexander Skarsgard’s Tarzan! But alas, it was not him.

Feb 03-133

Feb 03-134

Feb 03-135

Feb 03-137
Continued in next post...

When we got back, DS wanted to ride Dinosaur, and the wait wasn’t long. We all went over there together so we could grab a rider swap.

Once they headed inside to ride, I took DD over to baby care to eat.

After the ride, DH let DS get the carnotaurus hand puppet he had been dying to get since riding Dinosaur for the first time. He still loves that thing! So it wasn’t a total waste, as those kinds of purchases sometimes are where he gets home and forgets all about it.

Feb 03-151

Feb 03-153
They headed back towards the front of the park after that to find DD and I so we could head out.

Feb 03-154

A super quick drive later, we had made it back to AKV and decided to grab dinner at The Mara again. On the way, we discovered DD had lost one of her socks! She hates keeping socks on, so it had been a hassle all day to keep those things on her feet, and she had managed to sneak one off. We never did find that darn sock either, even after retracing our steps! After dinner, we were back in our villa by 7 pm and headed off to bed early since we had a very early morning to come!

UP NEXT: Fat Tuesday!

I didn't know about these - looks like a lot of fun!

Unlike earlier that morning with Minnie at the Character Spot, this time around Minnie was excited to see DD dressed up as her mini-me (or would that be Minnie-me?).

How could Minnie not be excited about meeting her Minnie-me? What adorable photos!

You made a good call in taking Paxton back to do the Lion Guard Adventure. His sheer joy jumps out the photos! Looks like a really fun activity.

That sounds like such a cute activity for kids! DS looks so happy and excited posing with all the Lion Guard characters! Glad you were able to make time to go to AK to do this.

I'm with ya on wishing to run into Alexander Skarsgard’s Tarzan :rotfl:

Nice to get back to the room early!

I didn't know about these - looks like a lot of fun!

How could Minnie not be excited about meeting her Minnie-me? What adorable photos!

You made a good call in taking Paxton back to do the Lion Guard Adventure. His sheer joy jumps out the photos! Looks like a really fun activity.

It's so great that they are included with the Memory Maker! DS and I had fun coming up with different poses.

I was totally surprised we didn't get more of a reaction out of Minnie at the Character Spot! Visa Meet & Greet Minnie was a much better experience.

Absolutely! He had really gotten excited about the show just prior to our trip, so when we heard we would be there for the limited run of this activity, we knew we wanted to do it for him. Unfortunately, I hadn't really paid attention to the fact that while it started at the beginning of our trip, we hadn't planned any AK time for after it started! But I have found the more we go, the less rigid I plan things, so it was easy to make the adjustment to make sure we were able to do it for him. He LOVED it!!

That sounds like such a cute activity for kids! DS looks so happy and excited posing with all the Lion Guard characters! Glad you were able to make time to go to AK to do this.

I'm with ya on wishing to run into Alexander Skarsgard’s Tarzan :rotfl:

Nice to get back to the room early!

It was really cute, and he totally loved finding all of the characters on the map and then hunting them down in the park. It was definitely worth the adjustment to our plans to make sure we fit it in!

Right?!? He's gorgeous!!

It is definitely nice to have some early nights now that we have 2 kids. Keeping one out later than normal was rough enough, but now with a second one, it's just not worth the hassle most of the time! And we are pretty worn out too, so it's not too much of a compromise. lol

Love the photos of your DS with the Lion Guard characters - pure joy! Your early exit from Epcot was so worth it!

As soon as we walked into the Conservation Station, there was a large backdrop set up where they had CMs to help DS say the pledge and become an honorary member of the Lion Guard. He was SO excited!

What a great activity for kids. Danielle is 17 and likes the Lion Guard show.

Since we still had some time before we’d have to catch the last train back to Africa, we decided to stay and earn a few Wilderness Explorer badges while we were there. I think there are 3 or 4 different ones you can collect just inside of the Conservation Station alone, plus a few more around the rest of Planet Watch.

Another great activity. This makes it much more fun for the kids.

After getting a few more badges, it was time to head to the train station. Tarzan was walking around as we left. Gotta say, I wouldn’t mind running into Alexander Skarsgard’s Tarzan! But alas, it was not him.

Totally agree. We saw Tarzan a few weeks ago and he was hot. This Tarzan is a little on the puny side. The best Tarzan was the once from the Tarzan show they use to have before Nemo.

The Lion Guard activity looks really nice! I'm glad he was able to do it. Our kids love Lion Guard so I know they'd get a kick out of it too. Too bad it is already gone now (according to WDW Today).

It is always nice to bring home a souvenir that turns out to be something they play with frequently, isn't it?

The Lion Guard adventure looks pretty cool. I'm glad they still have the Wilderness Explorers too, instead of swapping them out.

Gotta say, I wouldn’t mind running into Alexander Skarsgard’s Tarzan!

Woman after my own heart! He's pretty much the only reason I pushed myself to finish the True Blood series.

We are going for my son's 9th birthday Feb. 2017, so I've been enjoying your report! Your daughter is precious!
Good to know that we may need hats some days :jester:

Hope y'all are in a dry part of Louisiana.

The Lion Guard activity looks so cool! I wished Landon was a little older when we were in AK so that he could have participated. I think you made a good decision by returning to the park to do it.

How neat that they had a sea turtle Xray up to help kids (and adults) get a visual example of what sea life eats. (As a native FL who used to live in a tourist destination, trash on beaches and thrown in the water is a big pet peeve of mine.)

Ha! I couldn't help but laugh at your Tarzan comment. I think that wait time would surpass Anna and Elsa!

Ugh, those darn socks. Evie's notorious for taking hers off, too. It's gotten to the point where I don't even put them or shoes on until we reach our destination, because she'll just yank them off in her carseat.
Was Paxton bad about that, too? Landon never was, so it's been a new experience for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter