Laid back planners.... where ya at?! *DESPERADOS UNITE!*

I am most definitely a desperado! We've toured so much that we now have no reason to rush to and from locations. I love just taking it all in. And we always manage to see our favorites, without planning like mad.

I felt very DESPERADO today when I answered the question "What park will you be in that day?" with "I don't know." :cool2:

Well desperado friends.... the time has come! We fly to Orlando tomorrow at 7am :) This honeymoon is well deserved, as I have been cleaning all afternoon/evening to the sounds of the music that plays at Cinderella Castle and DH will have been working for 12 hours when we leave our flight. I'm officially ready. I've got my clothes packed, sunscreen, moleskin, shoes, snacks, boarding passes, and Disney ticket vouchers. Isn't that all I need? ;)

We may stop at walmart in the morning before we go to the airport to get some ponchos because I don't like being wet :) But you know, that plan could change:rotfl:

See you on the other side!:dance3:

Well desperado friends.... the time has come! We fly to Orlando tomorrow at 7am :) This honeymoon is well deserved, as I have been cleaning all afternoon/evening to the sounds of the music that plays at Cinderella Castle and DH will have been working for 12 hours when we leave our flight. I'm officially ready. I've got my clothes packed, sunscreen, moleskin, shoes, snacks, boarding passes, and Disney ticket vouchers. Isn't that all I need? ;)

We may stop at walmart in the morning before we go to the airport to get some ponchos because I don't like being wet :) But you know, that plan could change:rotfl:

I hope you have a magical trip! :cloud9:

I felt very DESPERADO today when I answered the question "What park will you be in that day?" with "I don't know." :cool2:

:lmao: Get a dart board, write the park names on it and throw a dart to see which one you'd like to do first.

Have a safe flight and hope you have a wonderful honeymoon!!

I don't have real plans, either. Most of our "plans" are subject to change, i.e. dining ressies. We don't plan park visits, either. We just go where we feel and do what comes natural :cool1: This is the reason our dining plans change. We're not crazy about schedules, sometimes, we don't even go to the park, we enjoy being lazy on vacation and our ds loves the pool. So, it's easy does it here :cloud9:

I'm going to ask this here because there seems to be a more rational gathering of folks in here...

I ran some numbers on what a WDW vacation costs, onsite, DDP, parks, etc... :scared1:

So I ran some numbers for 6 nights / 7 days, family of 6, value resort, kids 12, 10, 6, 2
atomic.gif

Seriously??

I'm going to ask this here because there seems to be a more rational gathering of folks in here...

I ran some numbers on what a WDW vacation costs, onsite, DDP, parks, etc... :scared1:

So I ran some numbers for 6 nights / 7 days, family of 6, value resort, kids 12, 10, 6, 2
atomic.gif

Seriously??

Is it crazy expensive? Do you have to book 2 rooms?

Have a great honeymoon!:flower3:

Is it crazy expensive? Do you have to book 2 rooms?

Sorry, I should have specified this was me being curious, not an actual trip. I also don't have any kids and live right outside the WDW gates, but I have a habit of being informed, and family planning etc... for the day when the stork does surprise me with a jar of pickles for the wife, and some excedrin for me.

I was interested in seeing what some people spend on a week at WDW, fully onsite, and going to the parks almost every day. I almost had a heart attack when I saw what Disney was charging. I also had a heart attack when I saw what a year of college tuition costs now... at this rate I won't live to worry about spending on either.

The curiosity came from another thread where a person had 4 kids, and I wondered what a family of 6 spends on a trip to WDW.

I guess I sort of expected a high number, but thought that WDW packages would save money somewhere.

Suffice it to say I felt it better to stay offsite, buy groceries, rent a car, and pick 2 or 3 parks to visit, and the kids would be just as happy.

I'm sorry, but what it boiled down to was a value resort, 2 kids on a sofa bed, 2 sleeping in chairs, 4 days in the parks and dining for between $4000 and $6000 and I ended up spitting out my water all over my laptop. Mind you this was without airfare or a car.

I'm sorry, I love Disney, but at those prices... the magic is starting to lose its luster.

Thanks for the cognitive reframe there! Needed a little breath of fresh air. No more dis before nap time.

Mmmmmmmmmm mango margaritas. I will be getting some form of alcohol at the Swolphin pool the moment we check in. I don't care if its only noon.:lmao:

Thanks for the Desperado support. IDK what happened, but that was a very un-desperado dream!!

Oh how I loveeee that Swolphin pool in the evening....we sneak over there from BWV frequently :woohoo:

Hello fellow Desperados!

Just wanted to say 'Hi' to our group. :hug:

So I've got my sister coming in to visit next week (of course its not to see me but to see the Mouse). I'm super excited! Her hubbie is a Commando. They've sent me their schedule of where they are eating for each day. DF and I said we'll try to meet up with them somewhere along the way. Part of me is really curious as to how badly commando brother-in-law will get so I'm really tempted to get up early one of the days and 'follow' along. I intend to walk around with a frozen coke to dump on his head should he get too bad. :lmao:

Another Desperado here. Until last year we would just go with the flow on where everyone wanted to do. Last year we planned what parks to visit each day, but that was it. Doing pretty much similar planning for this next trip. Have the touring plans, using it as a guide, but that's it.

Hey Desperado friends... we're back!!! Wish we could be in the world a little longer.

We're looking into investing in DVC (not only for the disney resorts, but for hawaii, vero beach, and hilton head island as well), sort of as a payment plan for our future vacations while we're childless and have the money. So that when we DO have babies, we're not spending 6k on a vacation in one pop and not having any return back besides an empty bank account and (for example, we could sell the investment later on). More on that in my TR later!!

Anyways, starting my TR tomorrow afternoon once I get my photos uploaded :)

Our very laid back honeymoon was wonderful and included 3 hour naps at midday and waiting in line no longer than 30 mins (anything longer than that was unacceptable... so we didn't ride tower of terror and RNRC... who cares! we'll be back)

hope all my desperado friends are doing well :):wizard:

Hey Desperado friends... we're back!!! Wish we could be in the world a little longer.

We're looking into investing in DVC (not only for the disney resorts, but for hawaii, vero beach, and hilton head island as well), sort of as a payment plan for our future vacations while we're childless and have the money. So that when we DO have babies, we're not spending 6k on a vacation in one pop and not having any return back besides an empty bank account and (for example, we could sell the investment later on). More on that in my TR later!!

Anyways, starting my TR tomorrow afternoon once I get my photos uploaded :)

Our very laid back honeymoon was wonderful and included 3 hour naps at midday and waiting in line no longer than 30 mins (anything longer than that was unacceptable... so we didn't ride tower of terror and RNRC... who cares! we'll be back)

hope all my desperado friends are doing well :):wizard:

I can't wait to read your trip report and see some photos. :) I'm glad you enjoyed your honeymoon.

I agree about the DVC, do it now that you don't have the little ones to worry about. And if not the DVC maybe you can do a timeshare off Disney property. My dad had a timeshare with Orange Lakes when it first opened up. We loved it. I know a lot of people prefer to stay on Disney property but the surronding area for Disney is hurting. Maybe you can snag a good deal on a timeshare. But where ever you choose to do the timeshare /DVC, its a really good investment.

I can't wait to read your trip report and see some photos. :) I'm glad you enjoyed your honeymoon.

I agree about the DVC, do it now that you don't have the little ones to worry about. And if not the DVC maybe you can do a timeshare off Disney property. My dad had a timeshare with Orange Lakes when it first opened up. We loved it. I know a lot of people prefer to stay on Disney property but the surronding area for Disney is hurting. Maybe you can snag a good deal on a timeshare. But where ever you choose to do the timeshare /DVC, its a really good investment.

hey did you get my PM reply? I looked in my outbox and don't see anything so idk if I actually sent you anything back

Stalking the Desperados.

I was a type a planner. Then l went just me and my two small girls and poof there was no planning with one adult a 2 year old and a 4 year old.

So last trip with all of us we did QS dining instead of deluxe and we headed to WDW with NO ADR's and NO PLANS at all.

BEST. TRIP. EVER.

No expectations, no time lines, no places to be. It was awesome! We woke up in the morning and asked the girls where they wanted to go. SO much fun.

We are going again in three weeks and have nothing but MNSSHP planned. Everything else is going to be done on a whim.

I am a reformed commando type.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter