Ladies, please share your bags

I use a drawstring backpack or cinch bag. We don't bring much, so we put everything into our pockets (including the bag which folds up nicely) and carry bottles of water until we get in so we can skip bag check. I don't know if this will really save time though now, if everyone has to go through a metal detector.

I also plan to bring a Kavu bag. Lots of compartments and fairly efficient. It’s comfortable too!
It is a very common bag around here now

Would one of the side compartments work to keep a bottle of water in?

I love my Vera Bradley Mini Hipster. Built in wallet, several zippered compartments, and a slide in pocket that fits my suglasses or my iphone 8+. I can keep it on while on any ride, it just sits over to the side, or I pull it into my lap. I'm plus sized, and the strap can be super long to fit over chest and belly. Sits low on hip. Cloth strap is not too wide and doesn't dig into my neck or shoulder.

For the parks I really love the Lesportsac hobo bag. Its lightweight and it has a nice cloth wide strap to wear comfortably cross body. It can be shortened to wear over the shoulder too.
I have two Disney print ones, IASW Share your Dreams and Minnie and Mickey Vacation Paradise.

ls-7520-p938_6.jpg
This is my everyday,hands down favorite purse in the whole wide world!!!! I handwash it every once in a while,and baby it b/c I don't want it to wear out! I love the pattern (so much) and it's the perfect size for everything! I sometimes swap out for a baggalini sling bag for long park days tho,depending on the weather(how much extra clothes I might need if it's cold etc) I've rotated thru a few bag choices over the years... I had a VB small backpack, but it's sort of uncomfortable with thin straps,and not waterproof, the VB hipster ,not waterproof,and I've come back around to the my two above choices. being water resistant instead of soak-it-up cotton is pretty important.

For those of you who bring backpacks or bags; are you able to take them on the rides?

I can't stand to carry a shoulder bag in the parks because I hate having that feeling of it slipping off my shoulder or having to hold it there. So I've always carried a crossbody, but struggled to find one that was just the right size until now.

I recently got this one as a birthday gift (in the Disney Dogs print, which is now sold out) and it's PERFECT for the parks!

https://www.dooney.com/belvedere-am...ler&start=1&cgid=dooney-collections-belvedere

The reason I love it so much is because the wallet is "built in" via all those little card slots, and there are two "halves" of the bag which each open separately, and have their own card slots! I carry pretty much what you described you carry in your bag, and in the past I've struggled to make all that fit in a crossbody...in particular, my sunglass case would always cause my bags to "bulge out" and look weird. But this bag has enough depth to it that it doesn't do that. On one of the zippered sides, I carry my sunglass case, and on the other zippered side I carry a little zippered makeup pouch that contains lipstick, powder, concealer, a mirror, a few band aids, etc. It works perfectly for me because it's small enough that I don't feel weighed down, but it's large and structured enough to accommodate all my essentials. :)

I can't stand to carry a shoulder bag in the parks because I hate having that feeling of it slipping off my shoulder or having to hold it there. So I've always carried a crossbody, but struggled to find one that was just the right size until now.

I recently got this one as a birthday gift (in the Disney Dogs print, which is now sold out) and it's PERFECT for the parks!

https://www.dooney.com/belvedere-am...ler&start=1&cgid=dooney-collections-belvedere

The reason I love it so much is because the wallet is "built in" via all those little card slots, and there are two "halves" of the bag which each open separately, and have their own card slots! I carry pretty much what you described you carry in your bag, and in the past I've struggled to make all that fit in a crossbody...in particular, my sunglass case would always cause my bags to "bulge out" and look weird. But this bag has enough depth to it that it doesn't do that. On one of the zippered sides, I carry my sunglass case, and on the other zippered side I carry a little zippered makeup pouch that contains lipstick, powder, concealer, a mirror, a few band aids, etc. It works perfectly for me because it's small enough that I don't feel weighed down, but it's large and structured enough to accommodate all my essentials. :)

Thank you for posting this. I never noticed the Belvedere Ambler in Disney prints! Now I have to keep my eyes open for a print I like. There's only 1 print available right now at the Disney Store and while I like it, it's not calling my name quite loudly enough for me to buy it....yet. While this is bigger than what I need to carry in the parks, I would love it as my every-day bag.

Thank you for posting this. I never noticed the Belvedere Ambler in Disney prints! Now I have to keep my eyes open for a print I like. There's only 1 print available right now at the Disney Store and while I like it, it's not calling my name quite loudly enough for me to buy it....yet. While this is bigger than what I need to carry in the parks, I would love it as my every-day bag.

Oh wow...I didn't realize there was another Disney Dooney in this style already...the valentine one, right? I think the Dogs bag was the first Ambler they did for Disney.

I know what you mean about finding just the right print...I have 5 rescue dogs, so the Dogs print was it for me! :) Hopefully they'll keep making more of this style, cause it's a great little bag. Interestingly enough, though, it was the least popular one from the Dogs release and the last to sell out...the flat envelope style and the tote were much more popular. I got the tote too (!), but IMHO it's way too big and heavy to carry in the parks, and the envelope style is super-flat and causes the dreaded sunglass case bump I mentioned, lol. But both of those bags had a lot more "surface area" to show the dog print as compared to the Ambler bag, so I think that's the reason. When these bags were released I received quite the education on a Facebook group about the importance of "placement" and getting the "right" part of the print to show on the front of your bag. :)

Good luck finding your perfect parks bag! :)

...When these bags were released I received quite the education on a Facebook group about the importance of "placement" and getting the "right" part of the print to show on the front of your bag. :)

Good luck finding your perfect parks bag! :)

LOL! I've learned a lot about that stuff, too! I'm probably part of that same FB group. Of course, my husband had already bought me 5 or 6 D&B bags as gifts before I knew that I should be worried about exactly where Minnie's head appeared on my bags! Lucky for me, I don't really care. :D I will say that when I've purchased bags myself at the parks, I do look at that now, but it won't prevent me from buying one -- I just look at the bags that are on the shelf and see which one has the best placement. And if they're all "bad", I don't really care. It's not something that 99.9% of the people who see my purse are going to even notice. :D

I will say that when I've purchased bags myself at the parks, I do look at that now, but it won't prevent me from buying one -- I just look at the bags that are on the shelf and see which one has the best placement. And if they're all "bad", I don't really care. It's not something that 99.9% of the people who see my purse are going to even notice. :D

I totally agree! :)

I carry cute purses in my 'real life' but at Disney and otherwise when traveling, now that my kiddo is grown up enough that I don't need a full backpack, I go with the ThinkGeek Bag of Holding - Con Survival Edition. It is awesomely sturdy, well designed with plenty of pockets both inside and out, and you can decorate it with patches and pins (mine has a bunch of various Marvel super hero patches). Because it's built thin in one dimension, it's easy to stow under seats and in cubbies.
http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/1a1d/?pfm=Search&t=bag of holding - con-survival edition

I think the bag you bring is really dependent on a few factors: how much do you NEED to bring in? What time of the year are you going? What will the weather be like? Is there anyone in your party that will also be responsible for carrying the bag, or just you? My sister and I took 2 backpacks each, and our backs got so sweaty and sore. Plus cramming them into the seats got annoying. We really could have just shared the responsibility of ONE backpack, versus 2. Otherwise, get a cross body that will fit what you need, and then share the responsibility of a backpack with ponchos and larger things and if you don't feel like carrying it, get a locker. With the weather being so hot, I really think the less bulk you have to have on your person, the better. Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter