• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ladies how do you run when your "blessed" up top?

Funny, I didn't even consider walking. Do you speed walk or walk with weights?

No weights. I walk as fast as I can without causing the a fore mentioned bounce. I know I am at a good pace when I can talk but it is uncomfortable to do so.
Besides what is the point of being in good shape if my ****s hitting my knees cause I have damaged the muscle tissue by bouncing. ;)

Congrats on starting running and your post cracked me up!

I saw an article recently on how to find a good bra, but I can't find it at the moment. If/when I do I'll post the link for you to read yourself, but the main points I took away from it:

- You're looking for a bra for "full support" or "high impact," whatever the highest rating is.

- stretch the material of the cups up/down and left/right. It shouldn't give very much at all. Same with the straps. Stretchy = NOT good.

- you should be able to get two fingers under the straps but it shouldn't be loose.

- Cross-back straps are probably the best support option (as opposed to the U shape like a regular bra)

- Make sure you get a good cup size - too big and you'll bounce all over; too small and it squishes :( Compression is good!

- Don't wear the same bra twice without washing. I did that a few times and regretted it :(

- Wash: cold water, regular detergent, but do NOT put it in the dryer. That will kill whatever support pretty quickly. Just hang to dry.

I found a great bra at Target on the sale rack for $8, just testing them out. I doubt that will happen again for a while :) but there were several kinds and not all of them were the high impact, but you can find them for less. I second the many other recommendations for Moving Comfort as well.

ETA: ok here are a few articles that repeat some of the other things I read:

http://womensrunning.competitor.com/2013/06/shoes-gear/gear-girlfriends-guide-to-sports-bras_13158/3

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/gear/sports-bras/how-to-choose-a-sports-bra/

http://www.rei.com/learn/expert-advice/sports-bras.html

I hear talk of "getting fitted" for shoes. What's so different about it from getting running shoes from somewhere like Famous Footwear or somewhere similar?

I hear talk of "getting fitted" for shoes. What's so different about it from getting running shoes from somewhere like Famous Footwear or somewhere similar?

If you get fitted at a running store, they should be able to recommend shoes that are right for your body type, foot type, etc. My running store will have me stand without shoes on to see if my arches roll in and check to see if I pronate. Some places will even watch you run on a treadmill. They'll bring out 3-4 different shoes for me to try (all do the same thing but they'll be different brads). I try them on, run a couple of laps and pick out a pair. You don't get that type of runner-specific expertise and input at a Famous Footwear.

If you get fitted at a running store, they should be able to recommend shoes that are right for your body type, foot type, etc. My running store will have me stand without shoes on to see if my arches roll in and check to see if I pronate. Some places will even watch you run on a treadmill. They'll bring out 3-4 different shoes for me to try (all do the same thing but they'll be different brads). I try them on, run a couple of laps and pick out a pair. You don't get that type of runner-specific expertise and input at a Famous Footwear.

My running store video tapes me on a treadmill. Truthfully, once I figured out what type of shoes I needed and what brands work for me, I buy for less online. If I get injured and need a different shoe for recovery, etc, I go back to the running store and buy there.

The running stores not only have expert advice, but a wide selection of shoes specifically made for the activity (running vs walking). They know the habits of the shoes - this one washes well, this one works for plantar facshieitis (totally butchered that spelling!), this one is good for flat footed runners, wide footed runners, long narrow feet, people who are new to running. I guess that would also be advice, but it's also EXPERIENCE!!

Same reason if you're were into competitive cycling you'd go to a bike shop, not wal-mart for a bike. Jmho.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

still, i'm very jealous of the runners who are able to throw on any old sports bra and go. some of us just aren't that "lucky" ;)

LOL...Barely 34B here .....and I'm very jealous of you all that actually have something to fill the cups...

After years of having to double up on the bras, the enell is life changing. I haven't found anything close to it.

I think Oprah recommended it at one point too.

I ordered an Enell bra today based on reviews from here. Expensive, but my bras are what keep me from running. I only ordered one for now, but if I like them I'll order a couple more for changing frequently.

So thank you OP for starting this thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter