Ladies, are you EVER going to leave?? 10 days of Food & Wine fun! *NEW 1/29 PG 34*

Since I am dreading work this morning and wondering HOW it can only be Tuesday I thought this might help brighten things up. :upsidedow

DSC02244.jpg

Happy Tuesday, everyone!!! I'll be back with replies and the next chapter later in the week! :)

I just pulled your TR up and then I turned and talked to my coworker, as I am chatting her eyes get big and wide and she goes IS THAT A DEEN BROTHER?! :laughing: Thanks for making her day. :rotfl2:

Christine,

I lurked in and about your PTR and I'm dying to read your trip. It's nice to get in early at a manageable page 7 than 107...:lmao:

Your room is so pretty...:cloud9:...I'm sure that you were terribly disappointed with the view...;)

Your photos are great-I can't believe how awesome MK looks decked out for Halloween...:worship:

I'm with you on the champagne...I think 11 am is a perfectly great time for champagne...(thank goodness for the Prosecco...:thumbsup2)

Love that you got to meet MEK and have a mini Dismeet...

Is Jaime that everyone is :cloud9: about...Paula Deen's son?...:confused3 (I must have missed him-he is cute...)
popcorn::

OY!! Yes that is a great way to start a Tuesday. I'm with you, its only Tuesday!!! Life has been crazy busy the last couple of weeks!!! I can't wait for more of your update!

Lucky you meeting MEK!!! You know....I get to meet her next May- she's our official paparazzi! :rotfl: And she SMILED for the pic of you together!!! EXCELLENT!!! I just KNEW she could do it! ;) Anyway....your room at BC looks gorgeous- the rehab they did is really, really nice. I'm a big fan of BC, too- though now I'm switching to BCV for our stays...:goodvibes

Can't wait to hear more!

Ellen

One of the gentlemen I’ll say kindly was carrying some extra lbs. All in the stomach area. Hey- no judgment here, I’m one to talk. His way of dealing with the heat, however, was a bit unusual. He took the bottom of his t-shirt and tucked it up under the neck thus exposing his pot belly. Quite a look. Especially for people trying to eat. :rolleyes:

I was drinking my coffee while reading your last update - and it nearly came out my nose at this part!!!! :lmao:

Wonderful update-too bad you had to wait so long for your ADR, but at least you got to watch the parade-and it looks like you had a really nice spot! The Plaza always looks sooooo yummy, and now that I know they are a contender for Cheeseburger in Paradise it makes me want to eat there even more! And they have the fries I looooooove. :lovestruc

And :yay: for meeting MEK and Denny! That is a great picture of you both! 1st DIS meet down, 843 to go? ;) :yay:

Great photos-thanks for sharing!! :)

My pleasure! Thanks for indulging me by looking! :goodvibes It's so fun to relive the trip with people who really "get it."

AMAZING PICS!!! LOVED your shots of the MK and the castle :) Can't wait to hear about The Adventurer's dinner? That sounds so cool!

I am thinking Plaza for early lunch in June..... EARLY lunch! so it isn't sooo hot!!

Thanks! Adventurer's Club dinner was way cool. That's the next chapter! :thumbsup2 You definitely should consider the Plaza!!

Oh my, that burger looks DELISH. Yum!!

Wow, that is quite the look you are describing with the gentleman and his tshirt. :rolleyes1

I love reading about DIS meets! I'm so glad you two were able to catch up with each other. :goodvibes

It was SO yummy I really can't even describe it. I was, of course, starving but even so. YUM. OMG that guy and his belly were quite a sight! :scared1: I kept looking around hoping someone else was seeing what I was seeing but no one else was reacting. :confused3

I'm thrilled I was able to meet MEK and Denny! They are super nice. Can't wait til next time (already planning/plotting)!!

Another great update!! You are right that burger looks amazing!!! I am definitely looking forward to eating at The Plaza in January!!! HMMM...shopping photos I love shopping photos, those bags were way too cute!!! I did end up getting a bag but not one of those LOL!!! Okay not sure what to think about the guys cooling off by the payphones...that is just awkward LOL!

DISMeet...awww I'm glad you had a good time meeting up with MEK and Denny!!! I wish I would have been there a few days sooner, but I'm hoping next fall we'll have a reunion trip LOL!!!

OOOH can't wait to hear your thoughts on the Adventurer's Dinner!

You bought a bag? I can't wait to see what one! Shopping photos are the best! :thumbsup2

I am ALL about the fall reunion trip!! I'm ready to book it!! :laughing:

I want to tag along! Your introduction with teasers of what's to come have me hooked! Let's get some champaign and get movin'! :drinking:

I'm so glad to have you tagging along! :goodvibes I just hope I can do the teasers justice with the actual TR. ;)

Yay, you did get to meet Mary Ellen and Denny! I totally understand the bit about the nervousness before a DIS meet but they always turn out so well. I think we learn so much about each other here on the DIS, and well we really are just a bunch of friends that love Disney so what can be weird about that? We "get" each other!

OK, off my soapbox.....
1. The vampire Mickey t-shirt is way cute, I wish I had one!
2. The Halloween statues, how in the heck did I miss those last year?
3. Vinlymation holiday Mickeys, oh my gosh! I hope they have some left in Dec.
4. That Cheeseburger at the Plaza looks tasty in deed, and the fries mmmmmm!

I think I might just have to download the Celebrate You song! I think it would be perfect to play in class at special moments! Also a great way to get my Disney fix in during a long day.:goodvibes

The DIS rules! I think the kids in your class will love Celebrate You! I hope the vinylmation is there for you in Dec too. I bet it will - seems to be the latest "thing."

Have I mentioned how jealous I am that you're going in Dec? :rolleyes1 Are you staying at "our" Beach Club?

Great start Christine! Can't wait for more!

I loved the Plaza too. We had a window directly facing the Castle. Sigh! Nothing better than gazing at the Castle all thru lunch!:love:

Can't wait to hear about the Adventurer's Club!!!:yay:

Thanks! Wow a castle view would have put the meal over the top!! Next time! :thumbsup2

OK, I have "Celebrate You" on my ipod too. And you know what I put on the other day? That Hannah Montana song that they play at the beginning of the Move it Shake it Celebrate it parade. :rolleyes1 (can't believe I just admitted that!) So don't feel too embarrassed...;)

I almost bought one of those reusable totes when we were there. And Vinylmation...I think those can be as addicting as pins...

Thanks for making me feel better about my ipod selections. :goodvibes Loved those reusable totes. I wish I'd gotten one. And vinylmation - didn't give in to that trend either but could see myself doing so soon...

:goodvibes And she loves it!

I'm so glad!

I can't think of anything! It's the perfect sight in my opinion!

Yes, it is!

Nice picture! I'm so excited you got to meet!!
Thanks! Me too. It was terrific!
Oh I hope so!!!!!!!
Do you even doubt it for a minute? ;)
The parade looks fun. Your burger sounds yummy but it would need more cheese for my taste :upsidedow

I hadn't really noticed the cheese until you commented. Truth be told (warning - TMI) cheese and I are getting along less and less as I get older so this was just perfect for me! :rolleyes:

This parade looks like a lot of fun. My DS and I aren't parade people at all, but it might be fun to get a glimpe of this one. If it is still around in January...

Thanks for the shopping pictures! It's so fun to go window shopping here on the DIS!! :goodvibes

I'm not really a parade person either but this was pretty cute! :thumbsup2 It is fun to window shop here on the DIS. I cannot tell you how many purchases have been inspired by DISers!! :rolleyes1

OMG - What a great update!!!!!!! I was wondering if we were going to meet in this episode! Yeah! :cool1: I have to tell you that I was so super psyched when I got your text message that you where on the monorail headed over. I had tried to text you twice during the week and when I didn't hear back I was a little worried, but then that message on my phone came through....christine DIS......that's exactly how I put it in my phone. So I know I texted the right # earlier in the week. I don't know what happened to those messages. :confused3 Weird!

Anyway ..... Denny said, "Are you going to recognize her when you see her?" And I said, "I think so. I'm not positive". But I have to tell everyone that as soon as Christine walked in, I knew immediately who she was. And she had the greatest smile that went from ear to ear. And I have to tell you that as cute as C looks in her pictures, she is even prettier in real life. And she is just someone that you immediately like! I was just super bummed that I didn't have more time in the world and that we couldn't have hung out longer and used those FP's for Splash Mtn. But we did get to meet and that's what counts!

Oh well .....that will all change next year! :wizard:

Now getting back to your TR - what is it with the bizarro people. Who pulls their T-shirt up under their next to show their giant budha belly. Paaaleeeze! That's just nasty!

P.S. Denny and I make it to the airport with time to spare! Our flight was even delayed a half hour or so!

I don't know what happened to those earlier texts. :confused3 I am SO glad that we got to meet. And thank you so much for the very kind words. :blush: :flower3: And right back at you. You and Denny are the nicest people and I really, sincerely hope that we find ourselves in the World at the same time again and can spend some more time together. Oct 2010- subliminal message - book it now :rolleyes1

Glad you made it to the airport on time. I was nervous for you! :laughing: But I reminded myself that you two crazy kids like to cut it close!!

Great update-yay for meeting another Dis'er. That burger looked pretty yum. Ur pics are coming out nice!

Thanks so much! :goodvibes The burger was SO good. I hope it lives up to the memory when I have it next time.

Shopping pics, a burger pic, Mr. Incredible with his beads (yes, I never get tired of seeing him wearing those :laughing:), and a meet with Mary Ellen -- some of my favorite things!!! :goodvibes

YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!! ::yes:: When Christine turned the corner at the American Adventure where we were meeting her, I knew immediately it was her by that great smile!

Oh my- you are making me :blush:. Thank you VERY much. DISers are just the best and I am so blessed and thankful that I got to meet so many of you this past trip. I knew you immediately too. It is amazing how much we get to know eachother online-- I love it!! :goodvibes

We love the Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It! parade. Brooklynn knows all the words, and she can shake it with the best of 'em!

Love the shopping pictures! I finally found the purse I want when we were at POFQ, but it was a little too much for my very small budget this time. It was $68. To most, that's probably not much, but to me, that's way too much right now. I've been looking and looking for a pretty much solid black purse with just a hint of Disney, and I found two there that I have seen nowhere else on property. One had a little more 'bling' to it than the other, so the more plain one is the one I hope to get. Maybe by Christmas I'll have the money set aside to get it. I am just happy to know there is a purse out there that is just what I want!

I have a picture of the vampire Mickey shirt, too. It was fun to take pictures of the seasonal items this time. When we go back, there will be plenty of red, white, and green to be photgraphed!

Thanks for the delicious hamburger picture.

Thanks for NOT showing the pot belly man picture! :eek:

I bet Brooklyn is a good shaker! :thumbsup2

You inspired the shopping pics so I'm glad you enjoyed them! I didn't take a pic but saw the black purse you're eyeing and love it. Hope you get it in Dec!

They had a lot of really cute Halloween stuff. More than last year, I think. Makes one wonder what they'll have at Christmastime... :rolleyes1

Believe me... you would NOT want to see the buddha belly man pic. :sad2:

Great update!! I love all the shopping pictures, the parade pictures and the picture of the burger!!

Of course, I also love the picture of you and MEK! How cool is that to get to meet up! I would have been nervous too!

Thanks! If I'm not mistaken you are either in the World RIGHT NOW or about to be on your way. Can't wait to hear all about it!

The cheeseburger looks yummy!

Love the shopping pics.

It was SO yummy. Next time I have to save room for ice cream!!

And, oh, how we thank you!! Have a great day, even if it is only Tuesday

He sure is purty, ain't he? ;)

Just read the latest post now, and have to say, your lunch looks super yummy! I"m not much of a burger person, but will admit this one looks about as perfect of a burger as one can make. For me, the meat must hang over that bun, which also conjures up horrible visions of that etiquette monstrosity you had to endure at lunch. That's just disgusting! Don't people think anymore?

How totally fun you got to meet a DISer friend!!! Glad you could both swing it, even if for a very short time.

:laughing: Love that you drew parallels between the burger and the "gentleman" outside. Classic! :lmao:

I just pulled your TR up and then I turned and talked to my coworker, as I am chatting her eyes get big and wide and she goes IS THAT A DEEN BROTHER?! Thanks for making her day.

My pleasure. Tell her I HIGHLY recommend seeing them in person. YUM. And I'll leave it to your imagination as to whether I'm talking about the food. ;)

Christine,

I lurked in and about your PTR and I'm dying to read your trip. It's nice to get in early at a manageable page 7 than 107...

Your room is so pretty...:cloud9:...I'm sure that you were terribly disappointed with the view...

Your photos are great-I can't believe how awesome MK looks decked out for Halloween...

I'm with you on the champagne...I think 11 am is a perfectly great time for champagne...(thank goodness for the Prosecco...)

Love that you got to meet MEK and have a mini Dismeet...

Is Jaime that everyone is :cloud9: about...Paula Deen's son?...:confused3 (I must have missed him-he is cute...)
popcorn::

Well thanks for coming out of lurkdom! Yes, I was terribly disappointed with that room. Awful wasn't it? A friend is there this week and just sent me a picture of "my" room. :sad1: I wanna go home!!

I truly think that the fall decorations are the best. In my mind they beat out flower and garden and Christmas. I've always been partial to fall but nevertheless... SO pretty.

The Prosecco was a lifesaver!! :thumbsup2

Yes, Jamie Deen is Paula's son. She raised him well from what I can see! And yes, he is quite cute. hubba hubba. :blush:

OY!! Yes that is a great way to start a Tuesday. I'm with you, its only Tuesday!!! Life has been crazy busy the last couple of weeks!!! I can't wait for more of your update!

Thanks, Jen. We've made it til Thursday! :yay:

My day sure is brightened!!! :laughing:

I'm so glad. :goodvibes

Lucky you meeting MEK!!! You know....I get to meet her next May- she's our official paparazzi! :rotfl: And she SMILED for the pic of you together!!! EXCELLENT!!! I just KNEW she could do it! ;) Anyway....your room at BC looks gorgeous- the rehab they did is really, really nice. I'm a big fan of BC, too- though now I'm switching to BCV for our stays...:goodvibes

Can't wait to hear more!

Ellen

You're going to love meeting her in May! She's the best. And yes, she did smile for me! Actually as Denny was taking the picture I asked if she was going to smile. :laughing:

Hey- you're from Scotch Plains? My grandparents lived there for many years. Lots of memories of visiting Scotch Plains. What a small world!!

I was drinking my coffee while reading your last update - and it nearly came out my nose at this part!!!! :lmao:

Wonderful update-too bad you had to wait so long for your ADR, but at least you got to watch the parade-and it looks like you had a really nice spot! The Plaza always looks sooooo yummy, and now that I know they are a contender for Cheeseburger in Paradise it makes me want to eat there even more! And they have the fries I looooooove. :lovestruc

And :yay: for meeting MEK and Denny! That is a great picture of you both! 1st DIS meet down, 843 to go? ;) :yay:

Oh dear... didn't mean to cause a snorting issue! :laughing: It was QUITE a sight. I definitely recommend you give Plaza a try. :thumbsup2

Yup, quite a few more DIS meets to go. It was an amazing trip!

I was so sad to let Mary Ellen and Denny go so soon. But they had clearly had a great trip and were already looking forward to their next trip with friends. Plus they had to go home and see what teenage angst was awaiting them. :rolleyes1

Mary Ellen had told me that she had tried the “trick” on Spaceship Earth where you took a flash picture of the blank wall opposite the cavemen and I wanted to try it.

DSC01417.jpg

SSE was a walk-on, thankfully, or I wouldn’t have stopped. Would you believe that later in the trip I saw them using the side queue? Who would wait in line that long??

As I was boarding my time travel vehicle I answered the “how many?” question with “just one” and the guy was nice enough to say “you’ve never been just one a day in your life.” SUPER sweet.

So I was off on my time travel voyage before I knew it and happily was able to correctly select Connecticut on the map. I think last time somehow I selected Puerto Rico. Because CT and PR are so close on the map. :rolleyes1

As I approached the cavemen I got nervous. Such a nerd. And I wasn’t sure exactly where I was supposed to point the camera or what I was supposed to see. I am sorry to say I ended up chickening out. What can I say? I’m a rule follower. But all is not lost as Mary Ellen (MEK) has documented what you find on the blank wall with a flash photo on her TR, which you really should be reading.

I’m sure you’ll all be shocked but the ride stopped a few times on our journey through time. When we were stopped in Rome I thought maybe I might have seen a hidden Mickey? What do you think? The photo doesn’t really do it justice but basically it’s a round plate or something with two smaller bowls that might be ears? Maybe? Or maybe I was hallucinating. Who knows.

DSC01419-1.jpg

We also stopped to see this friend of DIS’ers everywhere.

DSC01420.jpg

I wish I had taken better notes. I remember being amused at my cartoon future on the way back but I couldn’t for the life of me tell you the details now.

Finished with SSE, I figure that surely “the masses” have been calling for champagne by now! So I head over to World Showcase to grab a quick drink and then relax in the room for a bit before the Adventurer’s Club dinner.

DSC01421.jpg

I stopped at the champagne/dessert booth and picked up a glass of champagne. No cute French waiters though. But definitely some bubbly goodness. Ahh… vacation at last. I mentioned that it was hot, right? Super hot. So when I got to the stand in France I opted for the Grey Goose slushie instead of another champagne. Insert Hallelujah chorus here. OMG. Best. Thing. Ever. Especially on a super hot day.

I am sorry to report that my photojournalist skills failed me for this little interlude. I have no photos to document the adult beverage goodness. But trust me – they were good.

It was SO hot. And I wanted to relax a bit before dinner. Afterall I had been up since 4 and hadn’t really slept anyway. Captured these on my way out.

DSC01422.jpg

DSC01423.jpg

DSC01424.jpg

DSC01425.jpg

My (ok – “our”) entrance – still private/empty. LOVE it. Never gets old. NEVER.

DSC01426.jpg

When I got back to my room – after navigating the labyrinth of hallways that is the Beach Club- another amazing surprise was awaiting me on the coffee table.

DSC01428.jpg

DSC01429.jpg

DSC01430.jpg

Well what do we have here? A reusable bag that is perfect as I’m very into those lately and now when I get my groceries I get to take Mickey with me! Lots of yummy snacks. A bath bomb from Basin that I just used recently at home and not only did it smell so amazing but it also had hidden Mickey confetti in it. I loved that little touch of Mickey at home! And the cutest Mickey Halloween candle holder that I am using right now! It also had this very intriguing (and turns out very useful) neckerchief thing that when soaked in cool water promised to keep you cool throughout the day. How perfect for the feels like 100+ with humidity weather!!

All this was from my friend Heather (Circusgirl). Heather was the one who told me about the Adventurer’s Club event in the first place. Heather and I had also had the fantastic experience of attending the DIS’ Toy Story Mania party together in December of 2008. SUPER fun. I was really excited to see her again and so delighted and overwhelmed to find such a nice present.

I called down to Bell Services to have them bring my Garden Grocer order up. Let me tell you – I am SO impressed with this service. I would definitely use it again. I placed the whole order online – bottled water b/c no way am I paying $3 a bottle, apples, cheese & crackers for room snacks, diet coke and a few other things. Garden Grocer called me a home a few days before I left to confirm they had received the order and planned to deliver on Thursday. Then while I was on the Magical Express bus they called to say they had just delivered (in the first few minutes of my delivery window – when does that EVER happen?) and to just call down to bell services when I was ready. Bell Services brought it right up. The cold stuff had clearly been refrigerated and everything was perfect. SO worth it. Definitely check it out on your next trip!!

I rested for a while, alternating between the cool air conditioning and sitting on the balcony people-watching and then it was time to head to Downtown Disney for the Adventurer’s Club dinner.

As I was waiting for the bus, I saw this. A good omen, I hope?

DSC01432.jpg

Up next
The Adventurer’s Club… what’s all this hoopla about??

Thanks for reading! :upsidedow

WOOT for another amazing update!! You got some great pictures on SSE!! Don't worry I have more photos to add from the opposite side of the caveman wall and will be getting to those soon!!!!

What great photos of EPCOT...never gets old being able to look at them!!!

What a great gift from Heather!! I was so glad I was able to meet up with her, you are right she is one great lady!!!

Okay well you have inspired me I have got to get an update going!! Things have been really intense here but I think everything has finally settled down so I need to get onto my TR!!!!

Thanks for such a great update C!

Another great update. I'm such a rule follower too, I don't think I could do the flash photo either. :laughing:

You really really make me want to stay at Beach Club so I can use your entrance. :rotfl2:

What a nice gift from Heather! DISers ROCK! :woohoo:

C-

I have hardly dis'ed all week between a busy work week, a parade, and three high school soccer games (actually 6 if you count jv and varsity separately). I was psyched to see an update from you. I can't believe you chickened out on the caveman wall on spaceship earth and I'm glad that I'm not the only one who can't seem to located my home state on the screen without ending up in Puerto Rico! :rotfl: I thought I was the only one with super klutzy fingers. :rotfl:

Looking forward to reading about the Adventurer's club. Also - I am thinking of using the garden grocer in May, so I appreciate the great review.

Geez, another present? Lucky you! I too have one of those Mickey bags. I finally decided to put it in my car because I was always forgetting it. :rolleyes:

I am very curious about this trick photo on SSE. :scratchin

Wonderful update!!

So happy you finally got your bubbly AND one of those tasty sounding Grey Goosey!!

I was sitting on the fence with GG, but I think I'm comfy with going with them now; thanks for the review!!

Isn't Heather a wonderful writer?? I adore her TRs!!! I hope I can meet her in person someday too. Hi, Heather! :wave2: How totally thoughtful of her to send all those sweet goodies for you! And just think a whole dinner with a DISer friend!! How cool is that?!

I'll have to check out that HM in SSE. It sure might be one. Have to check out MEK's photo of the wall too. Dying to see what that is.

Can't wait to see how dinner goes.

What a great start to your trip! You totally packed it in from the moment you arrived and we're only 3/4 of the way through the first day!!!

I totally think of the International Gateway as Christine's Gate. I'm sure the signs will be up by Christmas.

That was one fantastic vicarious burger and fries, and I loved vicarious shopping!

So glad you loved your gift bag. I had big fun putting it together!

I'm so glad to hear you not only got your champagne welcome toast but also enjoyed the deliciousness that is the Grey Goose Slushie :cloud9:

What is it about pics of WS that just seem to make you relax instantly? I always just have to pause a moment and sigh!

Sounds like a wonderfully relaxing afternoon and how sweet of Heather! Can't wait to hear about your evening...

Loved your update, so happy you got your bubbly and the Grey Goose Slushie!

Aren't the Beach Club hallways crazy? It's quite a maze but if it's hot or raining there is no beating walking inside!
Another :thumbsup2 for Garden Grocer, I think we've used them on our past five trips and have never been disappointed.

Anxious to read about your Adventurer's Cub evening!:goodvibes

Not only is it a F& W Solo trip (I heart solo trips) but you did the Adventurer's Club thing too! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Adorably cute gift from Heather!!! :goodvibes

I love your photos from International Gateway -- I have some similar ones, but they didn't turn out nearly as good as yours did!

Grey Goose and champagne! Perfect!!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter