Ladies, are you EVER going to leave?? 10 days of Food & Wine fun! *NEW 1/29 PG 34*

Great update!! Beautiful, beautiful pictures or your room and view!! I love the decor of the room!!

Can't wait to read more!!!

DSC01358.jpg

I have wanted one of these for years!

It is so easy to jump into your backdoor picture of Epcot, because we were just there on Monday. I can just feel the warm air and the nice breeze and hear the music in the air as I see your picture.

So sweet of Lynn and Chuck to leave you a gift! Disers are some of the nicest people around. :thumbsup2

Yep. You just confirmed it. When I FINALLY get to go, Beach Club it is!

What a lovely gift bag - how thoughtful that they made that bookmark.

Can't wait for more! (Dress Shields? Engagements? Champagne? This sound like my kind of TR!)

Best,

Mrs. Spratt

:welcome: I hope you get to visit the Beach Club soon! :goodvibes

Lynn and Chuck are SO thoughtful and just the best!

SO glad you like the sounds of this TR. :)

Oh thank you so much for taking me back to my favorite resort.
I'm glad you didn't fall off of the balcony trying to catch a view of the water.:eek:
Don't you love the private entrance? Nothing like the VIP treatment.
Yuck to the diaper change and the nasal spray sniffer on the plane. That would have put me over the top....in a really bad way.:headache:
Looking forward to more!

Ain't it just the best resort ever, Anita? I want to move in. Permanently.

Isn't it amazing how it always feels like a private entrance? I truly can't imagine staying anywhere else. I have ressies for Dec at Wilderness Lodge and I'm thinking of seeing if I can switch back to BC b/c I just can't imagine staying anywhere else!

Great update!! Beautiful, beautiful pictures or your room and view!! I love the decor of the room!!

Can't wait to read more!!!

Thanks! :goodvibes The rooms really are beautiful. The whole resort is. The more I think about it, maybe I will try to redo my bedroom in the BC style. :idea:

I have wanted one of these for years!

It is so easy to jump into your backdoor picture of Epcot, because we were just there on Monday. I can just feel the warm air and the nice breeze and hear the music in the air as I see your picture.

So sweet of Lynn and Chuck to leave you a gift! Disers are some of the nicest people around. :thumbsup2

How was your trip?? I'm dying to hear all about it!

I want a lamp like that too! I wonder if there are ever any on MouseSurplus? :confused3

I agree with you, MeMom. I'm not sure what it is, but DIS'ers are amazing. :goodvibes

I believe it was shortly before 11am and I was already checked in, in my room and strolling over to World Showcase. Not too shabby! The fact that I had hardly slept wasn’t even a factor. I was too darn excited to be in WDW and “home” at the Beach Club. I’m sure I’ll wax poetic on this resort throughout the trip but the location simply cannot be beat in my opinion. Especially at Food & Wine time.

So off to my private entrance. I’m not sure when the signs indicating it is “Christine’s private entrance” are coming but I’m sure they are coming soon. ;)

DSC01372.jpg

DSC01373.jpg

Here’s hoping this bodes well for the overall crowd levels… (hint: not so much but it’s ok!)

DSC01374.jpg

Food & Wine banners are up already

DSC01375.jpg

This may be my favorite pavilion for photos:

DSC01376.jpg

This was the day before Food & Wine officially opened but walking around the promenade I could hear talk that it was a “soft opening” and that some kiosks would be open. Let the eating begin! It was still before 11 so I strolled toward Canada seeing what was what.

DSC01377.jpg

DSC01378.jpg

DSC01379.jpg

The new ice cream area I’d read about

DSC01380.jpg

At this point it was 11 and I decided to double back and try to get my much awaited glass of champagne in France. If I could insert sound effects here I would insert the sound of things skidding to a halt. Apparently the kiosks take a while to open. Apparently the “masses” don’t want champagne at 11am. ?? So there was no champagne for me at this point. Silly me I forgot about the Festival Welcome Center serving the very economical glass of Prosecco in addition to champagne.

I had a date with Mary Ellen and her hubby Denny in the Magic Kingdom so I wanted to head over that way. It was their last day and they were on their way out but we were hoping to grab a few minutes together. And I will confess I had a rumbly in my tumbly and an ADR at The Plaza which would serve as the first stop on my Cheeseburgers in Paradise/WDW tour. So off I went.

DSC01381.jpg

DSC01382.jpg

F&W decorations at the front of Epcot

DSC01383.jpg

Over at the Magic Kingdom

DSC01384.jpg

DSC01385.jpg

DSC01386.jpg

DSC01387.jpg

DSC01389.jpg

DSC01388.jpg

This is over the firehouse. Can you see the doggie inspired pumpkins?

DSC01390.jpg

DSC01391.jpg

DSC01392.jpg

LOVE this picture!

DSC01393.jpg

to be continued... soon!

Yay! It looks like you are going to meet Mary Ellen and Denny! Sorry your champagne wasn't ready, were you able to make up for it later?

Oh and about that private entrance sign, I think they need to add a couple more names to it....;);)

Your pictures look awesome in this update. What camera were you using? The monorail shots are AMAZING.

So sad that the champagne wasn't being served promptly at 11. Pffft!

Looking forward to those Christine's Private Entrance signs! I bet Disney will do a great job on their design. :lmao:

What??? The masses don't want champagne at 11? Well, Charles needed to be there to set them straight then. :rotfl:

Beautiful pictures of the monorail and the Halloween decorations at MK -- I :lovestruc them all!

Oh, can't wait to hear about The Plaza!

No champagne at 11am?! Geeze!! What about Mamosas?! That's an 11 am drink for a special day!!!!

I love all your pictures!!!! So beautiful!!! Epcot looks so peaceful! The decorations in MK have even more excited for our trip this week!!!!!

Beautiful, beautiful MK shots! I love the firehouse pumpkins. Wow - you are getting so much detail. and the monorail shots are great, too. You know what - I can definately see the change in crowd level on this day, compared to earlier in the week. I can't believe it is almost time for me to go home!!!!!!

What? No champagne? No wonder you didn't bring me any! :rotfl2:

I'm shocked that champagna wasn't being served at 11 am. Don't they know it's 8 pm somewhere on the planet and it's perfectly ok to have champagne :lmao:

Love the MK fall/Halloween decorations. So festive!

OH I love the photos at the MK!!!!!!!!!!!! I have GOT to get a new Camera before Christmas. I have to convince DH!!! :goodvibes

Beautiful shots of an empty WS as well :)

I am sure you found a few glasses of champagne SOMEWHERE.... :rotfl:

That last picture of the castle/Main Street is amazing!

I definitely agree, the BC has such a great location. It's so nice to be so close to two parks!

How was your trip?? I'm dying to hear all about it!

I want a lamp like that too! I wonder if there are ever any on MouseSurplus? :confused3

I agree with you, MeMom. I'm not sure what it is, but DIS'ers are amazing. :goodvibes

The trip was great. After we finish the summer trip report, we'll get started on the October one. A lot of my pictures look very much like yours! Don't you just love Main Street with all the fall decor?

Brooklynn colored a picture and had her picture made at the ice cream truck, so when we get around to that in the October report, you'll see her poking her head out toward the other side of your truck picture. She was serving me a pretend mint chocolate chip ice cream. :)

Such beautiful pictures you took- esp. of your private entrance! Too bad no champagne came your way to welcome you "home". I'm sure the first of you cheeseburger consumptions made up for it. ;)

Love all of your MS pix! So, so pretty with the fall decorations! Excited to hear all about your Plaza lunch and meet up with friends!

Great update!!! What do you mean there was no champagne waiting for you LOL!!! That is just not right! OOH love the first photos of EPCOT, I have to agree with you the Morocco Pavilion is just gorgeous!!!

OOOH Magic Kingdom is gorgeous deocroated for fall!!! Hmmm...the Plaza I can't wait to eat there in January...so looking forward to your review and your DISmeet!

Yay! It looks like you are going to meet Mary Ellen and Denny! Sorry your champagne wasn't ready, were you able to make up for it later?

Oh and about that private entrance sign, I think they need to add a couple more names to it....;);)

OK- I can share the entrance with a select few DIS'ers. ;)

And yes, I more than made up for the champagne throughout the rest of the trip. :rolleyes1

Your pictures look awesome in this update. What camera were you using? The monorail shots are AMAZING.

So sad that the champagne wasn't being served promptly at 11. Pffft!

Thanks, LL. I think all pics this trip are with my little point and shoot Sony. I did bring my nicer camera (same model you have) but I just wasn't into it. Although when I saw some of the gorgeous "professional" photos Jen and Paula took I regretted not being into it. But I'll just borrow their shots. :laughing:

Looking forward to those Christine's Private Entrance signs! I bet Disney will do a great job on their design. :lmao:

What??? The masses don't want champagne at 11? Well, Charles needed to be there to set them straight then. :rotfl:

Beautiful pictures of the monorail and the Halloween decorations at MK -- I :lovestruc them all!

Oh, can't wait to hear about The Plaza!

I bet they would do a great job with the design. I wonder if I could mock something up on photoshop to get them started. ;)

I am so glad Charles is a kindred spirit. It's vacation afterall and I'd waited all the way til 11! :laughing:

No champagne at 11am?! Geeze!! What about Mamosas?! That's an 11 am drink for a special day!!!!

I love all your pictures!!!! So beautiful!!! Epcot looks so peaceful! The decorations in MK have even more excited for our trip this week!!!!!

I am excited for your trip! Hope you have/had a great time!! I love mimosas. But the booths were just slow opening that day, I guess. :confused3

Beautiful, beautiful MK shots! I love the firehouse pumpkins. Wow - you are getting so much detail. and the monorail shots are great, too. You know what - I can definately see the change in crowd level on this day, compared to earlier in the week. I can't believe it is almost time for me to go home!!!!!!

What? No champagne? No wonder you didn't bring me any! :rotfl2:
Thanks! I thought the firehouse pumpkins were cute too. The ones over Casey's were baseball themed and the one over the jewelry store had a "classic" diamond engagement ring. But I didn't get pictures. :rolleyes:

It sure was crowded when I hit MK. Way more crowded than I was expecting. :scared1:

You mean "Christine and Friends" right? ;)

No champagne welcome :scared1:

Can't wait for your first Dis meet :yay:

Yes, K- I meant C and friends. :) I know - the horror of having to wait until after noon for champagne. :eek:

I'm shocked that champagna wasn't being served at 11 am. Don't they know it's 8 pm somewhere on the planet and it's perfectly ok to have champagne :lmao:

Love the MK fall/Halloween decorations. So festive!

Another kindred spirit! :) MK looks gorgeous with it's fall decorations. This may be a sin but I think I like the fall decorations better than the Christmas ones. :rolleyes1

OH I love the photos at the MK!!!!!!!!!!!! I have GOT to get a new Camera before Christmas. I have to convince DH!!! :goodvibes

Beautiful shots of an empty WS as well :)

I am sure you found a few glasses of champagne SOMEWHERE.... :rotfl:

Yes, you know me well. I did find a glass later! :laughing: Lots to take pics of at Christmas time... start working on DH!!

That last picture of the castle/Main Street is amazing!

I definitely agree, the BC has such a great location. It's so nice to be so close to two parks!

Thanks! I'm not sure what it is about it but I really love that picture!

Ahh Beach Club. I think I'm spoiled now- not sure anywhere else will compare. And not sure I can ever bear to stay anywhere else no matter how much I want to check out the other resorts!

The trip was great. After we finish the summer trip report, we'll get started on the October one. A lot of my pictures look very much like yours! Don't you just love Main Street with all the fall decor?

Brooklynn colored a picture and had her picture made at the ice cream truck, so when we get around to that in the October report, you'll see her poking her head out toward the other side of your truck picture. She was serving me a pretend mint chocolate chip ice cream. :)

I'm so glad you had fun. I'll be waiting to hear about it whenever you're ready! :)

Such beautiful pictures you took- esp. of your private entrance! Too bad no champagne came your way to welcome you "home". I'm sure the first of you cheeseburger consumptions made up for it. ;)

Love all of your MS pix! So, so pretty with the fall decorations! Excited to hear all about your Plaza lunch and meet up with friends!

Thanks so much! I really adore the fall colors and decorations. It's so pretty. Wish I could transport myself there right now. And then head over to Epcot at 11 for some champange, food and wine! :laughing:

Great update!!! What do you mean there was no champagne waiting for you LOL!!! That is just not right! OOH love the first photos of EPCOT, I have to agree with you the Morocco Pavilion is just gorgeous!!!

OOOH Magic Kingdom is gorgeous deocroated for fall!!! Hmmm...the Plaza I can't wait to eat there in January...so looking forward to your review and your DISmeet!

Thanks. Seriously - where WAS my champagne. Next visit - after the C's private entrance signs are up- I will also ask for a line of the cutest waiters they have (French & Italian, I think- expanding my horizons ;)) to be awaiting my royal entrance with plenty of champagne! :laughing:

So I still had time before my Plaza ADR (which I think was 12:30pm). I texted MEK and she & Denny were finishing up their lunch. So what’s a girl to do? Well, shopping, of course!

Channeling my inner Me-Mom

I thought these bags were cute

DSC01394.jpg

So THIS is the vinylmation people have been talking about…
DSC01395.jpg

A special DIS’er had put in a request for this cute tote bag
DSC01396.jpg

Cute Halloween T-shirt!
DSC01398.jpg

LOVED this bag
DSC01399.jpg

Made it to the top of Main Street. What a glorious sight. I think going to MK on your first day is the way to do it. What says WDW more than this??

DSC01400.jpg

DSC01402.jpg

DSC01401.jpg

DSC01404.jpg

DSC01403.jpg

I had texted a few times with MEK at this point and she and Denny were just finishing up their lunch. Denny was so sweet and offered that I could use his FP for Splash Mtn. But my ADR was rapidly approaching for Plaza (which I’d so looked forward to) and I was about to chew my own arm off. So we agreed to meet on Main Street after my lunch on their way out.

Heading over to the Plaza

DSC01405.jpg

As I checked myself in there were TONS of walk-ups outraged that reservations were required. It was SO hot out and I think ppl just wanted to get into the AC. It did not help with tempers. This was one of the places where I felt a little out of place checking in solo. I wanted to say, “my boyfriend couldn’t be here. I’m meeting friends right after and my other friends are arriving later in the week.” But instead I just smiled and said “yes, just one.”

It took FOREVER to get seated. But it did give me time to see the parade and to sear into my brain the “Celebrate You” song which I am not too proud to say I have put on my ipod. :rolleyes1

DSC01406.jpg

DSC01407.jpg

DSC01408.jpg

DSC01409.jpg

DSC01410.jpg

DSC01411.jpg

DSC01412.jpg

DSC01413.jpg

DSC01414.jpg

After an interminable period they finally buzzed me in. I was getting very nervous because I knew I couldn’t miss meeting Mary Ellen and Denny but I so wanted my cheeseburger. They finally led me in – around the back to a small round table in the back gazebo part with a lovely view of the restrooms.

They were VER Y busy. It took a while for my server to even come over. And of course I was panicking all the way about timing. During this time my blackberry decided to malfunction and of course rather than taking a breath I jumped right to “My phone is broken. This is the only way the DISers have to reach me. My trip is ruined.” I quickly reminded myself that there is only so much one can control and removed the battery from the blackberry and thankfully it came back fully functional. Whew!

When my server finally did come over I ordered my cheeseburger, fries and coke and asked if there was any way for the kitchen to “rush it.” I thought he looked at me kind of oddly but as it turns out they did exactly that and took great care of me.

While waiting for my lunch, I saw another example of odd behavior or material for the etiquette files. There were two guys going to the pay phones. That alone I thought was a bit odd b/c who on earth uses pay phones these days? Now I’ve mentioned that it was hot and goodness knows it was REALLY hot. One of the gentlemen I’ll say kindly was carrying some extra lbs. All in the stomach area. Hey- no judgment here, I’m one to talk. His way of dealing with the heat, however, was a bit unusual. He took the bottom of his t-shirt and tucked it up under the neck thus exposing his pot belly. Quite a look. Especially for people trying to eat. :rolleyes: I did not get a picture through the window… sorry.

Finally- the food arrives!

DSC01415.jpg

Without question a contender for best burger in the World. Granted I was super hungry. Granted I was happy to be in the World. But oh the yumminess. The roll was buttered then grilled. The burger patty was bigger than the bun. Nice ripe tomato and crisp lettuce. And then ketchup, mayo and mustard in little silver dishes arranged in a hidden mickey on the side. DELISH. I would absolutely return to the Plaza- just maybe not at a peak time.

So – blackberry trauma averted, food consumed in good time, on target for a DIS meet! I ran across to the Emporium to get some mickey pumpkin ears for the Halloween party the next night and shortly Mary Ellen texted that they were across the street at the bakery. I won’t lie – I was both excited and nervous. Would I recognize them? Is this weird meeting strangers from the internet? What if they think I’m nuts?

There was no need for worry.

I recognized them as soon as I walked in and loved them instantly. I had fun hearing about their adventures. Unfortunately they were headed to the airport shortly so they were on the tail end of things. We had fun catching up in the bakery and then I walked out with them and headed over to Epcot with them as that is where they parked and I was headed back to the hotel for a brief rest before the Adventurer’s Club dinner.

We opted for the boat over to the TTC. I haven’t taken that in forever… it was so fun. On our voyage, Denny was kind enough to capture a photo of Mary Ellen and me.

DSC01416.jpg

We had to part company all too soon. Mary Ellen and Denny off to the airport and me off to get ready for dinner at The Adventurer’s Club. It was so great to meet them and I really hope we can meet in the World again soon. Like, oh, I don't know, this time next year???

Up next:
Do I finally get some champagne?
Another fun surprise gift.
Adventurer’s Club Dinner and DIS’ers.

Thanks for reading! :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter