Ladies... am I the only one out there who...

I used to bring my own but since now I bring my own shampoo's and soaps and etc, I am trying to save a little room in my suitcase for normal things, you know, like underwear - so I no longer bring my own.

I always bring my own. I have 2 - one for my house and one in my travel bag which goes EVERYWHERE with me...it has all my toiletries and such in it. The hotel ones don't have enough power for me. It takes me 10-15 minutes to dry my hair with my own hairdryer. I've used those before in emergencies and it took forever!!

Me too. thick,curly hair. it takes a loooong time to dry my hair. I don't think I would want to try the hotels. :)

princess: libby

Would love to save the room in my suitcase and not bring mine, but with my hair, I just can't take the chance. My hair is also very thick and it just loves to frizz when wet. I know my own hair dryer will help me avoid really bad hair days while at WDW! And I can't have Mickey seeing me like that! :)

Theres nothing like 2ooo watts if power and 4 heat settings :rotfl:

I bring mine with me everywhere...I pack it in my checked luggage...no big deal. The hotel wall mounted is a joke...the air is directionless, not powerful or hot enough. I guess it's ok if you want to look like "cousin It" or if you are a balding man with a crew cut :rotfl2: .

I bring my own hairdryer too. I have short, but THICK stick-straight hair and the hotel dryers usually just don't do much for it; my own however will give it some lift and style even if I'm in a hurry. I also don't like the burnt hair smell most hotel dryers give off while you're using them, especially if you use them for more than a minute or two.
So, no, you're not crazy (or at least if you are, the rest of us are right along with you!)
BTW---my hubby whose balding and has a crew cut says he resembles that remark above! :rotfl:

Deb & Bill said:
Hotel hair dryers take too long. I can get it done much more quickly by bringing my own.

I agree - I will be bringing my own this time around.

I bring everything! I even bring my make-up mirror since it's 10X and I can't see without the help.
No not crazy, you need to bring what makes you happy! :banana:

KIRSTIN'S MOMMY said:
My hair is naturally curly so I have to use a diffuser, so I bring my own. Otherwise, I look like a white girl with an afro. :scared1:

I hear ya on that! I am the same way. I have to tote it with me anytime I go away. My DH just doesn't get it! :rotfl:

Me too, the others just take to long to dry my hair. Mine blow dryer is short of a Cat 1 Hurricane if you know what I mean :rotfl: compared to the hotel ones.

I bring my own. I have a compact travel-size dryer that folds, and it still has more wattage than the ones in hotels.

DH doesn't get it - but I only use my own hairdryer. I'm used to it...plus, the hotel dryer would take too long even with my short hair.
:grouphug:
Denise

ps - I should show dh this post just so he knows I'm not as odd as he thinks when it comes to packing!

I'd like to say I always bring my own... but I have forgotten mine once or twice and been VERY glad that the wimpypermanantlyleashedtothewall variety was there. :goodvibes

I also take my own hair dryer. My hair is just long enough that the small dryer will take way too long to dry it. Plus, I have an Ionic dryer that I think does not damage my hair as much as a heat dryer. I have color treated hair, so I also bring my own shampoo and conditioner as well. I must admit that I am a sucker for travel size things, so I also tend to buy new travel body wash, lotion, and body splash as well.

ctrabada said:
Nope, you're not crazy... or we both are! I also bring my own; I tend to burn out those little ones they have in the rooms... plus it takes FOREVER to dry my hair with them... so I bring my heavy duty workhorse.
Ditto.. every word. I don't have hours to try to dry my hair with little puny hairdryers. LOL No matter if my hair is long or short- it's still very thick and I just don't have that kind of time no matter where I'm staying... my hairdryer comes with me. :)

Holy Cow! I'd never get out of the room if I had to use a hotel hairdryer!

My hair is just past my shoulders and thick, plus I've got a ton of it so I have to use my own high wattage dryer or I'd be there all day! I always get made fun of too because I do my hair (blow dry and curl) and then I put up. No one understands why I curl and then put it up....sorry, but I like a CURLY ponytail! :rotfl:

I also bring my own alarm clock -- it plays ocean sounds and thunderstorms to sleep by.

You are not crazy at all. I always take my hairdryer, along with anything else I may need, even if it is offered at the hotel. I just like my stuff--certainly don't think there is anything wrong with that. My hair is not long or that thick, but hotel hairdryers are just wimpy. Most guys don't mind them because they either don't use hairdryers, or their hair is so short and requires so little maintenance that they don't care what they use as long as it blows hot air.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter