Ladies - A friend question

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by MickeysMommy, Sep 19, 2007.

1. MickeysMommy

MickeysMommy <font color="green">Mickey is my cat<br>He sits on

Do you have anyone near you or even in another state that if you needed them they would drop what they were doing and come to you?

I like to think I do but we were discussing this earlier here at work and I'm just curious now. :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. WeirdEyes

WeirdEyes <font color=blue>WISH Biggest Loser/Blue Team</fon

Yes, I have two. One lives here locally and the other lives in Scotland. I have no doubt that both of them would drop anything to come to me. I would do the same for them.

4. ChrisnSteph

ChrisnSteph <font color=purple>Ask me about Ben Franklin's bat

One, but she lives in another state.

5. RealMickeysGirl

RealMickeysGirl DIS Veteran<br><font color=9966ff>I think my frien

Yes I do and there are prople I would do (have done) the same for.

6. pearlieq

pearlieq <font color=green>They can sit & spin<br><font col

Yes, I am blessed with such friends. And I would do the same for them.

7. NMAmy

NMAmy Can speak food in German

My sister would. My niece would, as well, but she has 3 small kids so I wouldn't ask her to except as a last resort. Both live about 1.5 hours away from me.

8. camreesmom

camreesmom DIS Veteran

I have three that would and have. I do feel very blessed to have friends like that. I'm lucky to have a sister that would also do anything for my family. I try to make sure that my friends & sis know that I would do the same for them.

9. kribit

kribit DIS Veteran

Yes, I have 2 maybe 3 and my mom. I consider myself extremely lucky. All 3 of these people I have known since I was a little girl.

10. addicted_to_WDW

addicted_to_WDW <font color="darkorchid">He's a teenaged skate rat

At the risk of looking totally lame, no, I don't think I do. I have friends, but not a friend like that.

I can count on my family though. :thumbsup2

11. SC Minnie

SC Minnie <font color=purple>Are we there yet???<br><font co

I have several. 3 live in this town and one in another state. I don't talk to 2 of them regularly but we would be there for each other in a heartbeat.

12. mommasita

mommasita DIS VETERAN Moderator

I am fortunate that my friends all live within 3 hours of me. We have dropped everything for each other, and I would not hesitate in a heartbeat to do it again, as would they..

We are all going on 28 years strong, and hopefully we all last at least another 28..

13. java

java <font color=darkorchid>I am embracing the Turkey B

Yep I have 2 local and one in the next state over that would be here for me no matter what time of day or night if I needed them. And how do I know? I needed them once.

What I was very surprised about was just this week my mom's best friend- really her only friend fell into a coma(she is 65 so young imho) they live several states apart now. I asked when my Mom was coming up and she replied"well there isn't anything I can do for her now" and then went on to say "got to go to MahJong"
    Um how about be there to help her daughter deal with it all. It's not like she works or doesn't have the $$ to go. I was really rather shocked by her comment.

14. DMRick

DMRick I prefer to be tagless!

Yes..and when a tree came down on our house in a storm this summer, within an hour (I got a call from one, just after it happened, and she called the others), we had three sets of friends here. One brought a chain saw, and another brought clippers (which we took a pic of..if you saw the size of the tree, it was really funny). We had a professional take it down, but was so thankful for good friends, who came to do what they could.These are the same people who house sat when my mom died, and would come in a minute if I needed them for anything.

15. antmaril

antmaril DIS Veteran

Yes, I am fortunate to say I have at least four friends who would drop everything to help me and I would do the same for them. They all live close by.

16. dkferret

dkferret Mouseketeer

I have 2 that would drop anything for me and I would do the same for them.

We've done it many times already. One friend has gone through breast cancer, then ovarian cancer and I have stayed up many nights with her in the hospital and taken off work to go get meds for her, etc. Both friends were there for me when I was hospitalized earlier this year with numerous pulmonary emboli and DVT. They took care of my animals and my bills - I didn't even have to ask.

It's nice to have friends like that.

17. Mickeyistheman

Mickeyistheman DIS Veteran

I have 2 probably 3 that I know would do that. 2 of them live quite close to me and one lives in Wisconsin, but I know that he would do that for me as I would and have done for him.

He was going through a really tough time right before he decided to get divorced and I drove to see him that weekend. He called on Weds and I talked to my friend and on Friday we went down to surprise him!

I wish more people would be that way.

:grouphug:

18. apirateslifeforme

apirateslifeforme The Next Mrs. Simon LeBon

I didn't think so until my mother had surgery 2 weeks ago. Her closest friend spent the day with me at the hospital. The surgery itself went fine, but my mother had a hard time coming out of anesthesia. Her friend stayed with me the entire 12 hours and toward the end of the day, she sent me home while she stayed at the hospital so she could bring my mother home. She also stayed at the house with my mother so I could go to the pharmacy. I'd say my mother's friend is one of my closest friends now, too!

19. Faerie

Faerie DIS Veteran

I have one, she's like another sister to me and I wouldn't trade it for anything

20. Sherri

Sherri DIS Veteran<br><font color=deeppink>I never though

I'm that type of friend, sadly I can't think of one friend I have that would do that in return.

21. birdiesunshine

birdiesunshine There's no such thing as too much Disney! :)<br><

I can honestly say that I have over 10 friends that would do anything for me. I would do anything for them as well. I am truly blessed. At least 4 of them have been my best friends since elementary school.