Ladies - A friend question

I used to have one. She and her new husband died in a plane crash about eight years ago, on Christmas day. We buried them on New Years Day. :sad1:

My sister and my mother would drop anything to be there for me though. They may be family, but they're still my best friends.

Yes, I know I have at least one, plus three family members (Mom, Sister, and SIL) and I'd do the same for them. They know if I asked for help I really need it. Only twice have I needed someone almost immediately and both times my sister just happened to be there so I didn't need to call anyone. Once, when I had just got home from the hospital after surgery and had to be rushed back even though she had to cancel something pretty important and once when I was arrested (domestic) and needed someone to keep the kids (and they were already at her house because she had been babysitting at the time). Don't ask:rotfl:

I have one friend, 500 miles away - we don't stay in constant contact, but when we talk, it's like we never spent time apart. She can come here or I will go there without hesitation.

I have a friend here who I think would be the same way - I was for her when her mom had an aneurysm - we had their kids for the 5 days she was hospitalized until she died, then we were "there" until the funeral.

Can't say I do. I have acquaintances, but no real friends. I'm an only child and never see most of my cousins. I always joke that when I die I'll have to hire professional mourners, otherwise it'll be a really intimate funeral :rotfl2:

Yep. :)

Fortunately I grew up not far from where I live now and have had the same core group of friends for 30+ years. I also have a few close friends I've met through work or elsewhere who I know I can count on.

I cannot say that my blood family (with the exception of my Mom...not counting my kids and husband of course!) would come to help me...

but I have a small group of friends that would!!! And they are more like family to me than most of my blood relatives.

Hmmm... no, I don't think so, not anymore. I used to have a few but we've grown apart over the years. Too much time and distance...

I have two.

I have one friend in Arkansas who would (and has) dropped everything for me. I wouldn't ask her now, as she is delivering twins in a few days!! Because of her family and kids, etc., we don't talk as much, but it is like flicking on a switch. In a heartbeat, if she called and asked, I would be on a plane. I almost nearly expect it now that we are on countdown.

I have another friend in Washington State who I talk to daily, and who I met through a Disney board like this. IN.A.HEARTBEAT if she called, I would be on a plane as well.

And I am blessed to have family who would do/be treated the same.

Nope, not one.
When my mom died a few months ago, no one really cared. I did not have one friend come to the house, they were all my dads friends. I am the one who stops everything for other people, but I am not good enough for other people stop everything for me.

Like Amapola said a few posts back, I'll have to hire professional mourners.

yes I have several locally in my circle that would do that. I am blessed to have a great circle of friends here.

I have one or 2 out of state taht I could count on as well.

NO. The only one I can count on is my dh.

I found this out the hard way two years ago when I had a series of unfortunate events happened to me and most of my so-called friends found it too difficult to even send me an email of support.

Yes...I have 2 very close friends that would do that for me and my family and I would do the same for them. They both live far away from me now, VA and Iowa. We don't get to see each other much except for weddings, graduations etc and have such busy lives we talk to each other on the phone about 1 time a month. But, like another poster said...its like we talk to each other every day. We just pick up where we left off. Both of them were there for me when my dd passed away and both were there when my oldest ds graduated hs...so, good times and bad they have made trip to my house.

I love them both a great deal!

Kelly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!