Krysten & Michael's DFTW - 9/9/10 - WP/Narcoossee's - 1 Year!! 09/09

Just read through your entire PJ! Love your dress and all the details you have so far! Looking forward to seeing more from you. :thumbsup2

Yay for Narcoosee's!! And, I think the Honeymoon registry is a great idea! :) What better gift than for people to help you have a magical honeymoon? :wizard: I think everything sounds perfect so far, and don't worry about your to-do list.. Somehow, everything will get done! Tell us your some of your music likes/dislikes, and maybe we can help you pick a few songs!

hi krysten! :wave2:
Sounds like things are really coming along for you. I love the carriage centerpieces! :)

Just read through your PJ and love it all! The jewelry is beautiful! And your mom and the tiara! Cracks me up! I'm looking forward to more!!!

Yay for Narcoosee's!! And, I think the Honeymoon registry is a great idea! :) What better gift than for people to help you have a magical honeymoon? :wizard: I think everything sounds perfect so far, and don't worry about your to-do list.. Somehow, everything will get done! Tell us your some of your music likes/dislikes, and maybe we can help you pick a few songs!

Thanks for your support! I am super happy about Narcoossee's and I think we should have no problems with the honeymoon registry! I have no idea where to even begin with music lol I like a ton of different types of music, as do a lot of my family members. This helps because there is a lot to choose from, but it hinders because there is a lot to choose from :rotfl: I might ask for some input from family members on songs they would like to hear, and maybe play some songs usually played at weddings? I also think that we need to have a little disney incorporated! and I am most definitely open for any suggestions! Thanks for the help!

hi krysten! :wave2:
Sounds like things are really coming along for you. I love the carriage centerpieces! :)

Hi!! Thanks for coming to check out my pj! Things are definitely moving along really quickly now! I have enjoyed your pj as well - and I love that picture of you that is your avatar (?) with you by the coach!

Just read through your PJ and love it all! The jewelry is beautiful! And your mom and the tiara! Cracks me up! I'm looking forward to more!!!

Thanks for stopping by and reading through it and for the compliments! Mom was rather silly with the tiaras, but in the end she won! lol

So this past weekend was a long weekend for us in Canada. I had a really nice weekend, got to spend a bunch of quality time with DF :) Yesterday we took a long bike ride along the canal, and then went to my aunt and uncles for a barbecue. This was the first hot day this year that I was outside so I got a ton of sun!! Needless to say, I spent today inside lol

I had myself a Disney movie marathon while completing wedding projects! I have been in super Disney mode lately lol

I managed to get the circle 'clasps' all done for our invitations, which took way longer than I thought it would. And I started making the program fans, and because they are circular they are really hard to measure - so that is taking longer than I expected as well!! But overall, it was a pretty productive day! Just thought that I would share with people whom I know will appreciate it!

I hope everyone had a good weekend!

I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend. I always complain that the Victoria Day weekend always brings back cold weather...but this weekend it was the opposite...way to hot!! We were part of the heat warning issued in Toronto...it was too gross to be outside!

Sorry for the rant! That sounds so fun that you had a "Disney" day and got some stuff done! I miss planning so much, so I love to hear everyone's updates!

I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend. I always complain that the Victoria Day weekend always brings back cold weather...but this weekend it was the opposite...way to hot!! We were part of the heat warning issued in Toronto...it was too gross to be outside!

Sorry for the rant! That sounds so fun that you had a "Disney" day and got some stuff done! I miss planning so much, so I love to hear everyone's updates!

Oh that is horrible! We weren't issued a heat warning, but it was really hot! That is too bad that you guys couldn't be outside :(

No problem for the 'rant'! It is nice to know that people are reading. I am sure that I will feel the same way as you when my planning is done, and it is coming up so fast! I am just trying to enjoy every minute of it because I know that it will soon be over :( And I know that in the end we will be married which is wonderful, but you still miss the engagement and planning process.

So I am having a little trouble with wording and I figure there is no better place than here to get advice!

I was working on my ceremony programs today, and I am just doing the Mickey Head Fans so I don't have a whole lot of space… here is what I have
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Krysten and Michael (Cinderella Font)

Officiant - Reverend Jack Day

Man of Honour - Name
Bridesman - Name
Flower Girl - Name

Best Man - Name
Groomsman - Name
Groomsman - Name
Groomsman - Name

Thank you for sharing our magical day! (Cinderella Font)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I am relatively happy with this, but I am not sure how exactly I want to order the names. It is kind of hard because we have all males and a sort of uneven number of attendants. Should I worry about having them in the order of how they walk down the aisle? I don't want anyone to feel like they are unimportant or something because of the order.

I also worked on my invitations today, and this is what I have…
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The magic is as wide as a smile and as narrow as a wink, loud as
laughter and quiet as a tear, tall as a tale and deep as emotion.
It is the magic that begins the happily ever after.

You are invited to be a part of the magic that begins
happily ever after for

Krysten Middle Name Last
And
Michael Middle Last

Thursday, the ninth of September
At ten o’clock in the morning.
Disney’s Wedding Pavilion
Lake Buena Vista, Florida

Reception to follow at
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is the line saying "you are invited to…" that I am not really happy with. Any suggestions about how I could word this better? And punctuation is also annoying me. I am not sure where to put what as far as wedding invites go, and in my academic writing, I am nuts about punctuation so it bothers me here too :rotfl: Any advice is appreciated. Thanks for reading ladies (and gents if you are there!)

So I am having a little trouble with wording and I figure there is no better place than here to get advice!

I was working on my ceremony programs today, and I am just doing the Mickey Head Fans so I don't have a whole lot of space… here is what I have

Man of Honour - Name
Bridesman - Name
Flower Girl - Name

Best Man - Name
Groomsman - Name
Groomsman - Name
Groomsman - Name

So I am relatively happy with this, but I am not sure how exactly I want to order the names. It is kind of hard because we have all males and a sort of uneven number of attendants. Should I worry about having them in the order of how they walk down the aisle? I don't want anyone to feel like they are unimportant or something because of the order.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

happily ever after for

Krysten Middle Name Last
And
Michael Middle Last

Reception to follow at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is the line saying "you are invited to…" that I am not really happy with. Any suggestions about how I could word this better? And punctuation is also annoying me. I am not sure where to put what as far as wedding invites go, and in my academic writing, I am nuts about punctuation so it bothers me here too :rotfl: Any advice is appreciated. Thanks for reading ladies (and gents if you are there!)

Hey! I think everything sounds absolutely beautiful!! I think putting the names in the order in which they walk down the aisle is a good idea. Nobody can complain that way. My suggestion for the wording you are unhappy with would be something a bit simpler, like, "Krysten Name Name and Michael Name Name invite you to share in the magic that will begin their own happily after" and then the location.

Hope that helps! And I've thought a little about songs too... if you like the Beatles (they are my absolute favorite!) In My Life is a perfect song. :goodvibes

Hey! I think everything sounds absolutely beautiful!! I think putting the names in the order in which they walk down the aisle is a good idea. Nobody can complain that way. My suggestion for the wording you are unhappy with would be something a bit simpler, like, "Krysten Name Name and Michael Name Name invite you to share in the magic that will begin their own happily after" and then the location.

Hope that helps! And I've thought a little about songs too... if you like the Beatles (they are my absolute favorite!) In My Life is a perfect song. :goodvibes

Thanks so much! I feel the same way about the aisle thing so I think that is what I will do! Good tip about the wording, I like it - much simpler!

We both love the Beatles, so that is a great song suggestion. Thank you so much for reading and responding!

Hi!! Thanks for coming to check out my pj! Things are definitely moving along really quickly now! I have enjoyed your pj as well - and I love that picture of you that is your avatar (?) with you by the coach!
Thanks! That was a picture of me at Mickey's Not So Scary two years ago. I bought myself an elaborate Cinderella dress because I thought I was never going to get married. :rotfl: Guess I was wrong!

Man of Honour - Name
Bridesman - Name
Flower Girl - Name

Best Man - Name
Groomsman - Name
Groomsman - Name
Groomsman - Name

happily ever after for

Krysten Middle Name Last
And
Michael Middle Last

Reception to follow at

I think putting the names in the order of when they are coming down the aisle makes the most sense. This way there is a logic that can't hurt anyone's feelings and makes it easier for your guests to identify your attendants.

I love your wording for the invites... I maybe stealing some of it! :)

Another suggestion is just to say "please join the magic"......I know what you mean about the wording, but it is hard to think of a replacement!

Thanks so much! I feel the same way about the aisle thing so I think that is what I will do! Good tip about the wording, I like it - much simpler!

We both love the Beatles, so that is a great song suggestion. Thank you so much for reading and responding!

Any time!! :)

I like PP's idea of "please join the magic" - perfect for Disney!

I agree too about using the same order that they are walking down the aisle in. That way everything is the same :goodvibes

Thanks! That was a picture of me at Mickey's Not So Scary two years ago. I bought myself an elaborate Cinderella dress because I thought I was never going to get married. :rotfl: Guess I was wrong!

I think putting the names in the order of when they are coming down the aisle makes the most sense. This way there is a logic that can't hurt anyone's feelings and makes it easier for your guests to identify your attendants.

I love your wording for the invites... I maybe stealing some of it! :)

It is a great picture, and I guess you were wrong about never getting married lol Are you going to be doing the MNSSHP this year when you are there? We are going on the 14th, and it is going to be our first one so I am super excited! … Thanks for your input about my wording, and steal away!!

Another suggestion is just to say "please join the magic"......I know what you mean about the wording, but it is hard to think of a replacement!

It is really hard to think of a suggestion lol but thank you for suggesting that!

Any time!! :)

:goodvibes

I like PP's idea of "please join the magic" - perfect for Disney!

I agree too about using the same order that they are walking down the aisle in. That way everything is the same :goodvibes

Thanks so much for your input!

I knew I did the right thing asking the DIS for help! I showed my mom and grandma yesterday and they thought it was fine as is, so whatever I do will be all right with our guests. And the store I bought my paper from called me yesterday and told me that the rest of my invite paper came in, yay! So I will have lots of work to do now! Thanks again for reading everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter