Krysten & Michael's DFTW - 9/9/10 - WP/Narcoossee's - 1 Year!! 09/09

I'm just joining in here. I love the coach favors! They are so nice and women will love them! You're probably right about the men though. I'm sure they'll love the chocolate!;) Looking forward to hearing more.

Suze

Thanks for your help!!
$90.00 is an excellent price for the coach centrepieces!!!

Congrats on your engagement and upcoming wedding.

I love your ring - so beautiful. And I love the coach centerpiece!

I just love weddings! :) My DH & I have been married for 19 years and are hoping to renew our vows next year in Disney.

Congratulations again!

Thanks for your help!!
$90.00 is an excellent price for the coach centrepieces!!!

Anything for a fellow Disbride! And I agree, it is an excellent price!

The coach favours are beautiful!:cutie:

Thank you!

Congrats on your engagement and upcoming wedding.

I love your ring - so beautiful. And I love the coach centerpiece!

I just love weddings! :) My DH & I have been married for 19 years and are hoping to renew our vows next year in Disney.

Congratulations again!

Thank you! I love weddings as well - especially Disney ones!! Make sure you let us all know if you do end up renewing your vows!

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Not a whole lot has happened in the last few days. I am waiting (not overly patiently I might add!) for my BEO, which will help me determine what I need to do next.

I have also been working on a wedding newsletter! I don't have a program like iWork, so I have been making it in powerpoint. So far it is going well, it just takes some time. My mom is so super excited about it (just like she is for the rest of the wedding!) and that makes me so happy! My mom is paying for the majority of this wedding herself, and she has worked very hard to do so. I would not be where I am today without her, and having her by my side to plan this wedding is the best thing I could have hoped for! She is just as excited as me about everything that DF and I decide to do.

Anyways, enough babbling, I will be back with some more updates and stuff soon!

I LOVE your centerpieces! They are so adorable! I love the favors too. I used to have a figurine that looked just like them. They aren't a bad price either! :goodvibes

I am a little sad right now. I have been waiting for my BEO, and my mail just came, but the mail lady left the house before I could get to the door, so I have a note saying that I can pick up my post after 5pm tonight. So now I have to wait all day :( I wasn't this upset waiting for it until I missed it by 30 seconds!

Also, thanks for your comments DVCBride!

I will post again later on once I get my BEO!

Hi Everyone!

As a native Floridian, I've grown up around Disney. It was our quick family getaway several times a year. My sister has worked there for over ten years so it seems only natural she talked me into having a DFTW (She didn't and has regretted it since).

My wedding date is 3.13.11. We just booked a 5pm ceremony @ the pavillion and are having our pre/reception @ Atlantic Dance. Is anyone else planning a wedding there? What should I be on the lookout for?

Any recommendations on photographers/musicians/djs/etc?

Congrats to all of you...

So the mail that I thought was my BEO yesterday just turned out to be DF's passport - so still no BEO :( My planner said I would have it by Friday, so it should be here soon!

We have picked out our wedding bands already, and yesterday I paid off DF's and put money on mine, so we now have DF's band in our possession! He picked it out himself, but I really like it too, it probably would have been my first pick as well! It is a classic type of ring, not likely to go out of style. He probably won't wear it very much because of his line of work, but it is a nice ring anywhere. Here are a couple of pictures of it.

DSC01794.jpg

DSC01802.jpg

So that is one more thing crossed off of my list!

I finally managed to get a picture of my dress from the website onto my computer. I don't have any of me in it here. I ordered it in white (not the colour in the picture), and it has come in so I am keeping it at my moms. It fits me really well so the only alterations I need is to have the hem taken up a bit. So here is a picture of the front and back.

Screenshot2010-04-22at11731PM.png

Screenshot2010-04-22at11746PM.png

I like it better in white, and in person than in the picture.

What I am working on now:
- Making newsletters for our guests
- Working on our music list (really need some help with this one)
- I have to pick someone to do our toast, which I have some ideas on, but nothing is set in stone
- Work on a picture list
- Figuring out photography
- Figuring out flowers
- Waiting patiently for my BEO!

More updates soon!

Where in Canada are you from? Just wondered if it was near Maine? I love, love, love your centerpieces!!

Hi Everyone!

As a native Floridian, I've grown up around Disney. It was our quick family getaway several times a year. My sister has worked there for over ten years so it seems only natural she talked me into having a DFTW (She didn't and has regretted it since).

My wedding date is 3.13.11. We just booked a 5pm ceremony @ the pavillion and are having our pre/reception @ Atlantic Dance. Is anyone else planning a wedding there? What should I be on the lookout for?

Any recommendations on photographers/musicians/djs/etc?

Congrats to all of you...

Congratulations on your engagement and future DFTW! I am planning my wedding ceremony at the pavilion as well, but my reception is not at the Dance hall so I cannot help you there. What kinds of things did you want to know? There are a ton of good photographers recommended around these boards, but you might want to make a post on the main boards and you will get more responses that way. Hopefully that helps you!

Where in Canada are you from? Just wondered if it was near Maine? I love, love, love your centerpieces!!

I am from southern Ontario. And to be completely honest, I am not sure how far away Maine is lol I am horrible with that kind of stuff, and have never been to Maine. Thanks for the centrepiece love!

I love your favours and you dress and rings and everything you have posted thus far. I can't wait to read more. Thanks for popping in to see my thread as well. Do you have any colors that you are going to be themed with or is cinderella the main theme?

WoW! You are far into your planning!

::so exciting::

Thank you for reading!

I love your favours and you dress and rings and everything you have posted thus far. I can't wait to read more. Thanks for popping in to see my thread as well. Do you have any colors that you are going to be themed with or is cinderella the main theme?

Thanks so much! Our colours are purple/lavender with some silver accents. I am enjoying your PJ as well, I was just visiting last night!

Your dress is beautiful! I like his ring a lot too. Did you get your BEO yet? popcorn:: Anxious to hear more! :goodvibes

Thank you! Still no BEO :( I swear I was told that I would have it by last Friday, but I suppose I could have misunderstood. I sent my planner an email today to see if she has an ETA on it. I am getting anxious and have things I want to do, but I really need to see some numbers lol So hopefully I will have it any day now!

So I am going to post a couple of updates today! First, this will be my shopping update.

I still have no BEO. I emailed my planner to see if she has an estimate of when I should be getting it. Hopefully it didn't disappear in the mail or something!

When we decided that we were going to have this wedding in Disney, we decided that we wanted to have something special for our flower girls. Originally we were thinking of doing something like DisneyFlorist that sends things to your room before you get there. We don't live anywhere near Disney (or really a Disney store even), but my grandparents spend a few months in Florida every winter. So my grandmother said that she would look for some things for us - so glad that she did that!! She did an amazing job!

DSC01806.jpg

Here is a picture of the stuff she got. There are beach towels, nylon backpack type bags, photo albums, sunglasses, colouring books, autograph albums, paper and pen sets, rain ponchos, plush minnie mouse dolls, dry erase boards, drink bottles, etc.

And a couple closeups:
DSC01807.jpg
DSC01808.jpg

So gramma did an amazing job - and got good deals too!

I have also bought my wedding shoes:
DSC01803.jpg
DSC01804.jpg

They are white, very simple, have a small heel so that they look pretty but won't be overly uncomfortable - and they only cost me $15. I was originally going to get some of the ballet flat type crocs, but I haven't been able to locate any around here.

On the weekend I bought ceremony sand - another great deal.
DSC01805.jpg

I asked DF what colour of sand he wanted and his reply was black! He is a huge KISS fan, and I am sure this is where it came from lol so I also bought some natural looking sand and I think we are going to "dilute" the black sand. The only purple they had was this dark one, or I might have been able to get away with black and light purple. Maybe I will dilute the purple sand with the natural sand. Who knew that sand could be so complicated?! Any opinions are appreciated!

I still need to get vases for the sand. Where did everyone buy these? I haven't really seen any that I liked, or I have seen ones that come in a kit which includes the vases and an ugly colour of sand and is really expensive. Still working on the vase front.

Next is my DIY update.

So I have tried a couple of the DIY projects that I have been meaning to get to lately.

First, I made a mickey head fan/program. I don't yet have any of the wording on it, but I wanted to get the design down first.
DSC01811-1.jpg

This is what attempt number 1 looks like. I used my cricut cutter for the mickey head and the monogram, rhinestones for the jewelled mickey head, and I used an embossing pen and powder to emboss the date onto it. It still needs some tweaking - I put no ribbon or anything onto the stick because somehow I didn't have a colour that matched :O, I am not sure how I feel about the font, and the colours will have to be slightly adjusted. So if you would like, you can share your opinions, but please be kind.

Next, I made an attempt at invitations - this went over much better than my original attempt when I first got engaged.

DSC01812-1.jpg
DSC01813.jpg

Again, there may need to be some small adjustments. I used the materials that I had in my scrapbooking room, so I will have to go out and find supplies that all match well. I used a wedding invite type paper for the outside and pocket. I used a castle punch and a circle, plus some purple ribbon to act as the enclosure. The inside I used a purple paper, and white cardstock (where the writing will be) and vellum over top. I used 1 big and 2 small crystal brads to make a mickey head. I just stuck some light purple cardstock in 3 different sizes in the pocket so that I could get an idea of what it would look like. Again, I will respect your opinions, but be kind please!

I have been having horrid difficulties finding invite paper where I live. Where did everyone get their paper for DIY invites? I am not crazy about ordering over the internet, but I may have to. At one time, the Michael's near my house carried a metallic paper that is what is typically used in wedding invites (but they had none in purple) and now I cannot seem to find it at all, and they won't order it in. Any suggestions here will be greatly appreciated.

Okay, so one final update today.

We were originally going to have a family friend come down and do photography, but now she is unable to make it. So I have done some research into Orlando photogs (thanks to all of you Disbrides!) and we are going to book Randy Chapman. He responded to my emails promptly, seems really nice, offered us a great package that works with our budget, and I have heard great things about him from these boards. I just have to fax him our contract, which I will do tomorrow at work. In all honesty, I am kind of relieved to now be working with someone who is familiar with Disney - our friend wouldn't have known the ins and outs of Disney and probably wouldn't have got as many good shots. So, now I can stop worrying about photography!

We also got DF's tux on the weekend. He will be wearing a black tux, with a white tie and vest. All of the groomsmen/bridesmen will be wearing the same tux but with a silver coloured vest and tie. Our dads will be again wearing the same thing, but a darker silver vest and tie. So everything will match well, but you will be able to determine who is who.

I am one of those people that likes to get things done early - I get stressed out if I leave things too late (hence the stress about photography!). So I keep getting these strange looks from vendors when I am there early. I didn't think that the lady at the tux shop was going to fit DF that day! Has anyone else had an experience like this? I seem to keep having them!

But of course, the To Do list is still ever present:
- I have to figure out my own jewellery - to make or to buy?
- Buy my crinoline hoop
- Buy supplies and make fans/invites
- Work on/finalize wording for fans/invites
- Get my BEO and make any adjustments - I know that there is going to be some
- Finish my newsletter! (like now! lol)
- Get sand ceremony vases
- Find a garter
- Finalize my music choices
- Find out who is making a toast
- Figure out my flowers
- Finish my picture "must have" list

So thanks to everyone who has read all of this!

I really like your DIY projects. I'm not crafty at all but really want to put some DIY touches on my wedding. We'll see if they actually get done lol.

I like your plans and I hope you get your BEO soon! I would be so nervous waiting... :eek:

We are getting married Sept 14, 2010!!!! I can't believe how much you have done! I have nothing compared to you!! Are you going down for your planning session? We have ours on monday. I would love to chat and pass ideas back and forth!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter