Kids Sail free and current state of DCL website

mickeyhereicome

Mouseketeer
This morning the DCL website had the Kids sail free dates under Special offers. Currently there is nothing. The KSF went through April. Does this mean more dates/places might be available? I know anything is possible, but what are you opinions and experiences?

I think the KSF promotion was set to expire on January 27. I think it was successful; the Miami cruises are a lot fuller than they were before the promotion started.

Thanks. I know the sale for Kids sail free, it was on DCL website this morning. What I am saying is DCL website currently does not have those specials listed on the website, and they are suppose to go thru April. Why would this happen? I don't think they would have sold out. I believe I read that the sale was good until March. Is it possible they are updating with more dates/locations? Just looking for peoples opinion and experiences.

I think the KSF promotion was set to expire on January 27. I think it was successful; the Miami cruises are a lot fuller than they were before the promotion started.

I didnt realize that. I thought I read some where, good thru March. I could be wrong.

The sail dates run thru April. I tried the Miami code and got an error. Removed the booking code and I could see cruise dates. Looks the codes have expired.

I was wondering for next fall or winter? Is there a good chance it will run again? Otherwise, which ship/cruise is generally the most economical?

Thanks. I know the sale for Kids sail free, it was on DCL website this morning. What I am saying is DCL website currently does not have those specials listed on the website, and they are suppose to go thru April. Why would this happen? I don't think they would have sold out. I believe I read that the sale was good until March. Is it possible they are updating with more dates/locations? Just looking for peoples opinion and experiences.

There's a difference between the sail dates available for KSF and the expiration date of the offer. Cruises may have been available through March or April using the KSF code but the KSF code itself had an expiration date of last week.

I was wondering for next fall or winter? Is there a good chance it will run again? Otherwise, which ship/cruise is generally the most economical?

The KSF is only offered on cruises that are not selling well to increase capacity, so there is no way to predict which cruises will have them offered -- if any.

There's a difference between the sail dates available for KSF and the expiration date of the offer. Cruises may have been available through March or April using the KSF code but the KSF code itself had an expiration date of last week.

I have searched EVERYWHERE & can't find that the code expires. Where did you find that?

I have searched EVERYWHERE & can't find that the code expires. Where did you find that?

It was based on something someone said above. If that's not the case, then the KSF rates all sold out.

The other possibility is that the code being entered is the wrong one. There are different iterations of KSF, KSO, KSM, etc.

I think ksf is only for 6 and 8 night cruises (Galveston) don't know about Miami. when we booked ours (April 26, last for the offer) the lady said that there are only a certain amount of rooms for the offers in each category, one was already sold out. best way to find out is probably to call.

It was based on something someone said above. If that's not the case, then the KSF rates all sold out.

The other possibility is that the code being entered is the wrong one. There are different iterations of KSF, KSO, KSM, etc.

OH, ok... I thought you read it somewhere! Don't scare me like that... still trying to talk the hubby into it! :)

I looked on website & it isn't listed anymore under discounts, but knowing the code it still gives me a room when I get a quote.

There is always a limited number of staterooms available for a KSF offer. Perhaps that number has been reached now since it is no longer listed on DCL's website.

Make sure that you are using the right code. KFO is for Galveston. KFM is for Miami. Neither is KSF. Also, it seems to only let you search for 1 child. My friend who is cruising with me in May searched for kids sail free in April from Galveston and noticed that it repeatedly said "sold out" when he searched for both kids. It let him have one child free, but not two. :confused3

I heard from a cast member, that they all got emails within the last week or so offering select cruises for $40 a night pp. Maybe that's why inventory seems to be plentiful one day and then the next disappear. I think I need to go fill out an application at the Disney Store right now!!

when we booked just over 10 days ago there was no kids free bahamas left out of miami, there were rooms without the code then when the agent put the code in no rooms, so there are only a limited amount of rooms are offered

Make sure that you are using the right code. KFO is for Galveston. KFM is for Miami. Neither is KSF. Also, it seems to only let you search for 1 child. My friend who is cruising with me in May searched for kids sail free in April from Galveston and noticed that it repeatedly said "sold out" when he searched for both kids. It let him have one child free, but not two. :confused3

Interesting :) I was going to mention that I was on the DCL website during my lunch today and could have sworn I went directly from the special offers page and was just messing around with the kids sail free and I think I put in the 4/8 sailing from Miami and since I only have one child it clearly showed me the total with the child free. I was online about 12:15pm EST time today :confused3

Heather

There is still availability right now for Caribbean out of Miami (KFM) for ONE child. If you put two, nothing comes up. Also, if entering 3 Adults and 1 child, there is no availability. Basically, many empty cabins that can accommodate a max of three per room.

The following dates are showing 4/8, 4/13, 4/22, 4/27. All 3 types of cabins for all of them.

EDIT: For Galveston (KFO) there is one cruise available for Bahamas, on 4/26 - Also max 2 adults and ONE child and all three types of cabins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter