Kids Sail free and current state of DCL website

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by mickeyhereicome, Jan 30, 2013.

1. mbrocker

mbrocker Mouseketeer

We almost didn't get a cabin out of Galvston for the 4-26 sailing. W/2 kids it was showing sold out. Next day about 4 cabins came available and we snatched one. Day after that they seemed sold out again.

At this point I think you'd be lucky to get one. Yes it's for April, but really that's only 86 days till our cruise. (Not that I'm counting or anything lol)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lilpooh108

lilpooh108 DIS Veteran

I keep telling DH to go work there on the weekends but he's ignoring my suggestion :rotfl:

4. IBelieveInTheMagic

IBelieveInTheMagic DIS Veteran

Yep ~ that's exactly what I looked up! :thumbsup2: I am confident I saw the kids sail free on the home page earlier at lunch but agree with others the specials can disappear and reappear at any time.

I hope others that are needing it can work it out:goodvibes

Heather

5. mickeyhereicome

mickeyhereicome Mouseketeer

I am sure I saw it on the home page this morning also. Guess the ships filled up, so they took it off. Hoping they do it again for my cruise in May. Fingers crossed.

6. jm106

jm106 DIS Veteran

I booked 2 just last Monday for 4/27 Miami. It's been available on and off all week.

7. lanejudy

lanejudy Moderator Moderator

It could also be the age of 1 of the kids as there are limits to how many children of a specific age range can be on each cruise.

8. RileyRoo

RileyRoo Earning My Ears

If you were to book using only one kid for the free kids offer, for a room that says it sleeps 3 or 4,would you be able to add a second kid on for free later, or would they make you pay the regular rate? I'm just wondering why you can't choose two kids if the room can sleep four...

9. Jareds_mommy

Jareds_mommy DIS Veteran

not all rooms do sleep 4 and it also goes by muster stations, there are only so many people per muster station also, so even if a room does sleep 4 there may not be room in the lifeboats in that area

10. RileyRoo

RileyRoo Earning My Ears

That makes sense, thank you!