Kids Sail free and current state of DCL website

We almost didn't get a cabin out of Galvston for the 4-26 sailing. W/2 kids it was showing sold out. Next day about 4 cabins came available and we snatched one. Day after that they seemed sold out again.

At this point I think you'd be lucky to get one. Yes it's for April, but really that's only 86 days till our cruise. (Not that I'm counting or anything lol)

I heard from a cast member, that they all got emails within the last week or so offering select cruises for $40 a night pp. Maybe that's why inventory seems to be plentiful one day and then the next disappear. I think I need to go fill out an application at the Disney Store right now!!

I keep telling DH to go work there on the weekends but he's ignoring my suggestion :rotfl:

There is still availability right now for Caribbean out of Miami (KFM) for ONE child. If you put two, nothing comes up. Also, if entering 3 Adults and 1 child, there is no availability. Basically, many empty cabins that can accommodate a max of three per room.

The following dates are showing 4/8, 4/13, 4/22, 4/27. All 3 types of cabins for all of them.

Yep ~ that's exactly what I looked up! :thumbsup2: I am confident I saw the kids sail free on the home page earlier at lunch but agree with others the specials can disappear and reappear at any time.

I hope others that are needing it can work it out:goodvibes

Heather

Yep ~ that's exactly what I looked up! :thumbsup2: I am confident I saw the kids sail free on the home page earlier at lunch but agree with others the specials can disappear and reappear at any time.

I hope others that are needing it can work it out:goodvibes

Heather

I am sure I saw it on the home page this morning also. Guess the ships filled up, so they took it off. Hoping they do it again for my cruise in May. Fingers crossed.

Make sure that you are using the right code. KFO is for Galveston. KFM is for Miami. Neither is KSF. Also, it seems to only let you search for 1 child. My friend who is cruising with me in May searched for kids sail free in April from Galveston and noticed that it repeatedly said "sold out" when he searched for both kids. It let him have one child free, but not two. :confused3

I booked 2 just last Monday for 4/27 Miami. It's been available on and off all week.

...Also, it seems to only let you search for 1 child. My friend who is cruising with me in May searched for kids sail free in April from Galveston and noticed that it repeatedly said "sold out" when he searched for both kids. It let him have one child free, but not two. :confused3

It could also be the age of 1 of the kids as there are limits to how many children of a specific age range can be on each cruise.

If you were to book using only one kid for the free kids offer, for a room that says it sleeps 3 or 4,would you be able to add a second kid on for free later, or would they make you pay the regular rate? I'm just wondering why you can't choose two kids if the room can sleep four...

If you were to book using only one kid for the free kids offer, for a room that says it sleeps 3 or 4,would you be able to add a second kid on for free later, or would they make you pay the regular rate? I'm just wondering why you can't choose two kids if the room can sleep four...

not all rooms do sleep 4 and it also goes by muster stations, there are only so many people per muster station also, so even if a room does sleep 4 there may not be room in the lifeboats in that area

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter